We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Evernight Kinship Mergers

Hail People of Evernight.

As some people might have read in my post in the kinship section, I'm looking for another kinship to merge ours (The Prophets) with. http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...the-RoI-launch!

During the time searching, speaking with a lot of kinship officers/leaders, I noticed two trending topic.
    'Problems with recruiting' and 'Preparing for RoI'.

I think these topics are closely related, and the solution is the same. Bigger kinships. Think about it, it doesnt make much sense if we're all spread out over many smaller kinships. Failing to achieve dreams in a kinship, a common solution is yet to make a new kinship, it starts of great, 3 friends join, some people return to the game and they get snatched, but then it stalls.

Really, merging a few kinship isn't such a strange idea, you'll have to leave the old days behind, continue your journeys under a different kinship name, abandon your kinship house (that big house you travel to once each 2 months with dusty chest and some fancy -but not so cool as your neighbour- decorations). But nobody takes away your legacy, the fun you had, the killing blows you scored. Its not to hard to create a new name for yourself, especially if you can continue on in a big kinship. The most active and great officers will float above, you will hate a few people, but you will get a chance to make even more friends! You will have to abandon your great active website, but with a few clicks you will have a brand new fancy one, with even more members!

Please reply to this post and share your opinions, spam the link to this thread to other (smaller/struggling) kinships. Don't be ashamed or to vain, it is a normal cycle, but we have the tools and the options to turn the tide!

Greetings and happy gamin',

Maandag/Dinsdag/Woensdag/Donderdag/Vrijdag/Zaterdag(warg)/Zondag/Strover/Valentijnsdag, proud member of the Prophets.

Re: Evernight Kinship Mergers

We resently merged with DP (extcintion/DP to dark lineage), but it didnt go that well. Our main problems was:
    - People loosing raid spots
    - The officers from both sides was to different
    - The kin became to big
    Expecialy the last point was important. Good luck with your merge, but have these things in mind before you go ahead
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000013968b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I hope a merger with more than 2 kins will be better than a merger of just 2 kinships. The same way a 3-sided battle is more balanced.

Those 2 kinships were both big, active and focussed at the moment of the merge. (What was the reason for the merge?)
    I'm more looking for smaller kinships with just a few friends left who are looking to recruit, grow, and play some endgame in RoI, but have hard times doing that.
    Giving them a chance to recruit 20+ friends in one go :-)
    [U]Maandag[/U] [I]the Captain[/I], [U]Dinsdag[/U] [I]the pumpkin Hunter[/I], [U]Woensdag[/U] [I]the Minstrel[/I], [U]Donderdag[/U] [I]the Loremaster[/I], [U]Vrijdag[/U] [I]the Warden[/I], [U]Zaterdag[/U] [I]the Warg[/I], [U]Zondag[/U] [I]the Burglar[/I], [U]Valentijnsdag[/U] [I]the Champion[/I], [U]Strover[/U] [I]the Runekeeper[/I] on [B]Evernight[/B]

Of what I (and others in Ascension) have seen so far, the Draigoch raid will be 12 man if you do it Tier 2. So for kins aiming for the end game bosses, a 12 man raid will probably be enough.

I got this from several posts, one of them being this:

Quote Originally Posted by Burio View Post
    i will necromand this thread.

A german Magazine give us some new Infos to the new raid:

If you german isn't that good:

- the dragon will bei 90 meters from head to tail
    - his wing span will be 108 meters big
    - his name will be Draigoch
    - The Hardmode will be to defeat him with 12 players
    - the raid will be placed near smeagols cave[edit by Elra: confirmed false by dev]
    Prophets may still need to merge, other kins like Ascension, Extinction and DP might be alright as they are right now.

It's not really about 'us' and raiding tbh. 99% of the raiders found their way in new kinships, or re-joined old ones.

With introduction of the different tiers, the more focused raiding kins and the casuals both get a chance to get their ultimate experience out of the game, however, the more casual players are scattered all over 100's of different smaller kinships. It's better to merge a few of those, and keep connected with your friends, then see them go one by one.

PS. I might sound bitter etc, I'm not, just looking into different options :-)
    [U]Maandag[/U] [I]the Captain[/I], [U]Dinsdag[/U] [I]the pumpkin Hunter[/I], [U]Woensdag[/U] [I]the Minstrel[/I], [U]Donderdag[/U] [I]the Loremaster[/I], [U]Vrijdag[/U] [I]the Warden[/I], [U]Zaterdag[/U] [I]the Warg[/I], [U]Zondag[/U] [I]the Burglar[/I], [U]Valentijnsdag[/U] [I]the Champion[/I], [U]Strover[/U] [I]the Runekeeper[/I] on [B]Evernight[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Vrijdag View Post
    It's not really about 'us' and raiding tbh. 99% of the raiders found their way in new kinships, or re-joined old ones.

With introduction of the different tiers, the more focused raiding kins and the casuals both get a chance to get their ultimate experience out of the game, however, the more casual players are scattered all over 100's of different smaller kinships. It's better to merge a few of those, and keep connected with your friends, then see them go one by one.

PS. I might sound bitter etc, I'm not, just looking into different options :-)
    You dont sound bitter, but when you're saying "prepare for RoI", I fail to see what to prepare for apart from a 24/12 man raid as that's all we're getting for now.

The introduction of tier have done nothing but giving a tier being very easy and a tier being quite hard.

AW: Evernight Kinship Mergers

+ reputation for Dins

If a few kinships merge under a new name I will join it and help building it up with you Dins.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    I fail to see what to prepare for apart from a 24/12 man raid as that's all we're getting for now.
    As new content get released, many people will look for group-quests-fellows, people like to fellow up to do books,dungeons, want to explore new regions together.
    Also share thoughts about what new items to get for their characters, what to change in their LI's, compare stats etc.
    Its also nice to have one or more level 65's "Ready" with some good current gear so you feel strong riding into Isengard :-)

The book has 30 chapters, the total land-mass we are getting will pleasantly surprise many people. And I'm sure there will be certain desirable max-level items to be chased.

All of the above, better together ;-)

Greetings

I agree, that stuff will be better to do together, but I dont think it's much different from how it is now.

If you got a kinship with enough members to enjoy the current content (STH,NCF,LT, SS and perhaps OD) I dont think you need to merge to enjoy the coming content in RoI unless you're about to lose members or you want to get 24 people for the new raid.

As Dark Lineage found out, a kin can be too large.

Total number of members is not the only thing, why put effort in:
    - creating events
    - making 'kinrules'
    - organizing a forum, building a website
    - establishing roles
    - etc..

...multiple times, when you can also do it once, for a few kins together? So you don't have to re-invent the wheel.
    (When you can find some like-minded people that is. Serving the same population, and I'm sure there is one.)

I'm all for the merge Dins

Bring it on