We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wardens needing to have to remember 6 moves for 1 gambit at level 66+ getting crazy

I'm a new player on Lotro and i like the game a lot its cool and way graphical so i bought rise of Isenguard since it came with a ton of stuff like quest packs etc. I bought warden with 1k tp and I'm level 23 at the moment. I am having a little trouble remember gambits that you need 3 moves for. I myself is wondering at level 65 what i will have to remember 5moves for 1 gambit XD. Anyway until level 75 isn't crazy to remember 6+ moves to do 1 gambit? and imagine after this expansion till level 85 and way more up ahead we haven't even reached Gondor and stuff.
    Last edited by Sisaro; Aug 31 2011 at 10:36 PM.

Re: Wardens needing to have to remember 6 moves for 1 gambit at level 66+ getting cra

I understand your point but last time I've checked wardens are labelled as ''advanced''. It's one of the reasons.

Tried one. Got sick of the gambit system around level 28. Too much to remember. That said, at level 65 you should have enough practice and will no longer notices the system difficulty.

Classes have different aspects to manage and thats cool

Re: Wardens needing to have to remember 6 moves for 1 gambit at level 66+ getting cra

Gambits follow a pattern. If you can remember the pattern you'll pretty much remember the gambit.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000b3969/01007/signature.png]Minarfin[/charsig]

Definatley aggree with you. The skill consolidation and simplification of other classes that is coming RoI has skipped Warden. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have a 65 Warden as an alt and frankly if I have not played the warden in over 2 1/2 weeks or so I am just lost.

>It is nuts the design of Gambits.. Maybe it worked at 3 Gambits , somewhat at 4, ->but 6 or more is just too many. I see no reason a sensible skill layout that other classes have cannot be applied to Warden.

> Having 5 or six variations of basically the same skill effect just different levels of gambit like a life leach should be able to be reduced something along how other classes have addressed it with an 'Improved' version of Gambit that replaces a lower level one so no need for any Gambit length beyond 3 in a gambit line... I should think that would be the way to go not trying to remember "Shield Fist Spear Shield Spear" to pull off one move and now addding a 6th length Gambit just too many.

Shorten the Gambits or use an alternate method of skill use like other classes and many would be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonide View Post
    I understand your point but last time I've checked wardens are labelled as ''advanced''. It's one of the reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golledhel View Post
    Gambits follow a pattern. If you can remember the pattern you'll pretty much remember the gambit.
    Those two quotes just about sum it up.

Most shield heal gambits follow a sh-sp pattern, the life-leech gambits follow a line down the skill list (ft-sp-sh-etc.). Figuring out the patterns gambits stem from is MUCH easier than memorizing every single gambit available.
    ~ Warlargar - Warg - R5 ~
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002056ca/01008/signature.png] undefined [/charsig]
    "Dark sarcasm ought to be taught in schools." - Commander Samuel Vimes - Terry Pratchett - Night Watch.

Masteries help and disagree, the gambit design does not need to be simplified. I hope there will be an increase in gambits, gambit length and complexity. The gambits are one of the challenges of the class that make a successful gambit rotation a satisfying event.

I'm finding a Warden Alt an enjoyable character to play. One thing I would recommend if you are having trouble with the gambits is the lua plugin called WardenEase. It gives you an easy to look up list of Gambits (adjusted for your level) on your in game screen and exactly what you need to hit for each one.
    It's a good refresher when I haven't played my warden for a week due to work/dance commitments, though I'm begining to memorise the gambit patterns regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by geexter View Post
    Those two quotes just about sum it up.

Most shield heal gambits follow a sh-sp pattern, the life-leech gambits follow a line down the skill list (ft-sp-sh-etc.). Figuring out the patterns gambits stem from is MUCH easier than memorizing every single gambit available.
    I find this very useful

http://mkweb.bcgsc.ca/lotro/ (a pdf version is there, the following is just a png image of it)

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000184e62/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

For those having trouble with the gambits, you can also use the Gambit helper from Lotrointerface.

It is a plug in that shows to little windows while in combat, showing the gambits combination and ordering based on their effects. So that way, you have the gambits available at combat. I don't use it all the time, but it definitely helped me to learn most of the gambits

It's not as intimidating as it seems. My warden was one of 2 characters that I played from level 1 to cap (my main was the other). I play my alts quite a bit so my warden has been shelved for a month or more at a time...and when I come back to him all the gambits just pop back to mind. It's like riding a bicycle.

i have a warden alt and i find that just setting up hotkeys for certain gambits that you use the most helps. i.e. heals over time, damage over time, the boot to interrupt adversaries conjuctions. also the mastery thing u get later in levels helps alot as well. i completed those while also completing deeds of killing umpteen morravals or goblins, orcs and such. the masterys ( shield, spear, fist) combine for instance shield spear. shield fist, etc. so u can combine those into your gambits in the hotkeys. i guess that would be an easy moder way of doing the gambits instead of memorizing every one of them or using spread sheets 8P. i think it would be great if they would just make gambits into skills pretty much like the rest of the classes are but thats just my own opinion.
    ~ TO THE KING !!!

Quote Originally Posted by B_A_R_T_Z View Post
    i think it would be great if they would just make gambits into skills pretty much like the rest of the classes are but thats just my own opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by birdone View Post
    Definatley aggree with you. The skill consolidation and simplification of other classes that is coming RoI has skipped Warden. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have a 65 Warden as an alt and frankly if I have not played the warden in over 2 1/2 weeks or so I am just lost.

I see no reason a sensible skill layout that other classes have cannot be applied to Warden.

Shorten the Gambits or use an alternate method of skill use like other classes and many would be very happy.

I think you guys might be missing the whole point of the Warden... It's made to be totally different from the other classes, and if it worked the same way as other classes, it wouldn't be totally different.

Setting up hotkeys for Gambles? Do you means Macros?

It is not that hard to remember your gambits, there will be no 6 gambit moves after Rise of Isengard, as you see the new gambit skills are not 6 gambits long. Shield tactics is Shield fist spear shield... The others i dont know out of my head. You should hold a bit in your head about every gambit line. Spear shield fist is the gambit line for dot's. Fist spear shield is the AoE Aggro line. Fist spear is one mob aggro line and so you need to think about others.

I think it's not that hard I myself have lvl50 warden as alt and whenever I log him to play it takes me just couple of minutes to remind all the gambos I need. But to make it easier you should rather have your warden as main and play him the most. You don't use all the gambits on high levels anyway, you get a rotation and you stick to it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2a21c01000010d221/signature.png]Morkorga[/charsig]
    Faileon R10 - Nub Hunter...

[b]Mess with the best, die like the rest.[/b]

My first alt was a Warden. Fun, but had to quit because I just couldn't remember them anymore (and I refuse to use plugins/cheat sheet)

It's labeled an "Advanced" class for a reason.

Yep, all those gambits can be quite hard to remember, especially if you happen to play all 9 classes like I have, and therefore play warden only every now and then. But since I mostly solo, I don't have to use all gambits anyway. And since with LUA plugins you can create as many quickslots as you like, I have created a certain pattern that uses masteries and if I exaggerate a bit, I just mash buttons one after another, like this:

* 7***14
    3 6 10 13
    2 5 9 12
    1 4 8 11

..and after 14th mouseclick I return to number one (well, I think I have 5-6 gambits in my rotation and not 4 but anyway) So, I have my gambits formed from down to up, next to each other, and I have my basic DPS-bleed rotation right there. Then I have few other gambits like shield mastery, restoration, dark before dawn etc in certain places on my quickslots, and for those there's always two versions next to each other: one with masteries and one without masteries (in case of emergency).

That might not work for everyone, but for me it works like a charm

Thats why its labeled Advanced. If you dont like it, you have like 8 other classes.

Why are you people always trying to dumb everything? If you cant play warden - just dont play it.

It can be difficult, but it's all part of the pleasure. Carefully crafting your skills from a sequence of button presses also allows you to change direction in the event of an emergency and try something else, although this is rare as the gambits, as said, follow a pattern.

You learn the two-gambit ones. When you learn the three-gambit ones, you will notice that they are basically stronger versions of the two-gambit ones you already know. A bigger self heal. A bigger self-buff. A bigger strike/bleed. A bigger threat-generator. And thus it goes on.

When they added Unerring Strike, a 5-gambit move, the pattern was wrong, and immediately all the wardens cried "It should be this way!" Our fingers knew the pattern and having it awkwardly broken was extremely noticeable. Unerring Strike was changed to fit the pattern properly (it was always supposed to be that way and was just broken in the inital implementation on beta.)
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

[evernight] lilka : warden | gwenaëlle : champion | elorie : minstrel | cedar : hunter

AW: Wardens needing to have to remember 6 moves for 1 gambit at level 66+ getting cra

I'd actually welcome a 6 move gambit, would be nice to have seeing as you might even pull it off with just gambitbuilders.

The only real roadblock I stumbled upon as a warden (and I'm sure my fellow wardens can relate) is the introduction of gambitbuilders at around lvl 50. Really made you relearn everything.

As to remembering the gambits, that's what makes the class unique and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love it that I have room to spare on my quickbars.

In any case, I'm glad that there is a class in this game that is not super easy to play...
    Watch the shadows for things lurk in them with tenacity unknown to many

I fail to see what is so difficult about the warden class. Even if you play it casually, just remember your basic heal gambits, which follow the same pattern except for conviction, and some dps gambits like spr-shd-spr. Sadly, knowing two or three gambits is enough to burn through a good 95% of the solo content in the game.

(And, btw, not everyone likes the skill consolidation in other classes. It is not a good sign when content, skills, and the like, are removed from a game or significantly dumbed-down in an expansion. It is not like LOTRO has a reputation for being a hard or complicated game--rather the opposite.)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000020167e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You don't really need to memorize every gambit. Just the essential ones which I guess differs depending on the player. That's the easiest way I've found to play the Warden class.

That said, I wouldn't mind to see an alternate, easier build for the Warden where you don't have to mess with the gambit system. All of your skills are available on the action bars like other classes.

While I hated them at first, the class deeds for Warden do alot to help you remember certain gambits and gambit lines. Work on those as soon as you can, and you can't possibly forget what a gambit does after you've had to perform it 500 times.
    "Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." - Frank Zappa
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000067241/signature.png]Zapwen[/charsig]
    Zapporin - Zapwise - Zapwen - Zapnakh - Zapzug - Zapluk - Zapgash - Zaplakh

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast