We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought.

Just a thought.

For both creeps and freeps:

Concerning corpse jumping: I will continue to break un written rules in the moors. It has nothing to do with wanting to make people mad. I just find it rediculous that it can be assumed of me that I don't respect those I fight against when I corpes jump them. Well I have complete respect for those I have corpse jumped. How dare you assign motives to me that I am not guilty of having. SEcondly, this is a game. This game was designed for us to have fun with it. Why would people start taking this game serious to the point they get offended by some one violating some un-written rule like corpse jumping, rez camping, step camping, I could go on but everyone reading this post knows the un-written rules.

Concerning 1v1s: I will continue to jump into a 1v1 (weather I die or live through it does not matter). I have taken part in enough 1v1s and had others jump in to understand personally that there is no sense in getting upset about it when I am in an Open PvP zone.

Concerning rez camping: Both sides do it, get over it. If you are having trouble getting out of the rez you can either map out or call people over to help you kill whatever is camping your rez.

Warg packs: I will continue to form warg packs when I see them as a usefull tool. i.e.: freeps/creeps having a rez/OC fight for two hours or any other type of farming they have been doing as of late. With me, warg packs are useful because every time there is one out there, weather I am leading it or not) Freeps are forced to consider what we are capable of doing in large groups. From taking keeps to causing the freep raid to wipe because we target 4 healers at once, stealth up again and attack more to assist the main force of creeps who are normally out gunned to be more effective. (Oh and just to throw this out there, the best response I have ever seen to a warg pack has been gaurdians (even though they are OP currently) and a couple of minis.) Instead of people complaining about warg packs, why not try to change your tactics in dealing with them. The end result of a warg pack? I ALWAYS see freeps start moving around the map. Just ask those who have been in a warg pack I have lead. When I start to see freep movement around the map, I usually disband the warg group and move on to other stuff.

Frankly, I am getting tired of every time creeps seem to match freep numbers and start roaming or dominating the map, instead of freeps changing their tactics they start logging. That just makes me believe that you guys only care to fight out there when it is easy for you. Oh, and I still don't understand why freeps log out of the moors en-mass when The White Hand raids up. Again, just another thing that makes me believe most freeps want it easy out there.

As far as what others would think or say about what I posted above, I am fine with that. We all have opinions. The reason I am writting this thread is because I get tired of repeating myself in tells in game. The only thing that entertains me about this stuff is when freeps rage log over to give me a piece of there minds. Really? You are upset over a game....LOL. Priceless. Rage loggers (creep or freep) who log to the other side to vent are really just wasting their time. I paid for this game, I will continue to play the way I want to FREE from care concerning someones opinion of me, whom they have never met in real life and don't have any idea of what kind of person I am. If you seeing me corpse jump someone is gonna keep you from hanging out with me in a game then that is your issue. I have more friends in this game then I have enemies. Doesn't matter what people think, I have no enemies in this GAME. That would just be counter-productive to having fun in a game that was created so that those playing could have fun.
    Originally Posted by Overtone:"Quit ezmoding and get back on your RK. LOL"
    -------------------------------------------

Re: Just a thought.

warg packs are an annoying thing, but they are a sound tactic used in battle. i dont get pissed that they exist but that my side (freep) tend to leave you on your own to deal with them. that is what makes me mad about them.

the rest is idle banter from a what i feel is a person that doesnt mind making their gaming experience fun even if it is at the expense of others.

they arent rules, just acts of courtesy...
    Really good leaders can lead without anyone even realizing the fact. And the elite few that make their grip on power known, exert their power in such a way that no one really cares they are being manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Greqo View Post
    Freeps are forced to consider what we are capable of doing in large groups. From taking keeps to causing the freep raid to wipe because we target 4 healers at once, stealth up again and attack more to assist the main force of creeps who are normally out gunned to be more effective.
    ...and killing a soloer who's afk. Great job 10+ wargs! +rep
    Landroval!
    Fellrotten - Rank 12 Battlemaster LM - Zero Stars. Survivor of the Barrow-Downs. Ivar's Champion. Embarassing Completionist
    Soccercake - 93 Dude Minstrel
    Mulieribus - 93 Dorf Champion
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

Wink Re: Just a thought.

Concerning corpse jumping: I will continue to break un written rules in the moors. It has nothing to do with wanting to make people mad. I just find it rediculous that it can be assumed of me that I don't respect those I fight against when I corpes jump them.
    So... why do you corpse jump? Exercising your thumbs? I mean, I'm all for hopping on your friends occasionally in fun, or to say hi, but it's kind of a pointless exercise unless you are trying to express something.

How dare you assign motives to me that I am not guilty of having.
    I will continue to play the way I want to FREE from care concerning someones opinion of me...
    Wait... if you don't care about people's opinions why do you care about them assigning motives?
    The only way we have of judging each other character's in this game is by our actions. Therefore, it is perfectly understandable and expected to judge people by their in game actions (perhaps not correct, but that is why we have the unwritten rules - a code and standard of behavior by which we judge each others actions. It is present in all societies, in real life and online).

SEcondly, this is a game. This game was designed for us to have fun with it. Why would people start taking this game serious to the point they get offended by some one violating some un-written rule like corpse jumping, rez camping, step camping, I could go on but everyone reading this post knows the un-written rules.
    Everyone will have variations in opinion and in following of these rules. Welcome to the mosaic of a human society. You will never, ever, be able to get everyone to agree on every nuance. You can have fun - expect that some people will take it the wrong way, and some people won't care. If you care what other people think, you tread more carefully. However, as you stated, you don't care. So.

Frankly, I am getting tired of every time creeps seem to match freep numbers and start roaming or dominating the map, instead of freeps changing their tactics they start logging. That just makes me believe that you guys only care to fight out there when it is easy for you. Oh, and I still don't understand why freeps log out of the moors en-mass when The White Hand raids up. Again, just another thing that makes me believe most freeps want it easy out there.
    Nice, broad, stereotyping statements from someone who said "How dare you assign motives to me that I am not guilty of having."
    Bumblybee

Quote Originally Posted by soccercake7 View Post
    ...and killing a soloer who's afk. Great job 10+ wargs! +rep
    it is well known that only wargs kill people who are afk
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100001fe8a8/signature.png]Wyver[/charsig]
    [B]
    Xnoy [/B]- rank something or other Warg, and [B]Wyver [/B]- rank mango fiesta delight Defiler

Quote Originally Posted by insanityspetals View Post
    So... why do you corpse jump? Exercising your thumbs? I mean, I'm all for hopping on your friends occasionally in fun, or to say hi, but it's kind of a pointless exercise unless you are trying to express something.

Wait... if you don't care about people's opinions why do you care about them assigning motives?
    The only way we have of judging each other character's in this game is by our actions. Therefore, it is perfectly understandable and expected to judge people by their in game actions (perhaps not correct, but that is why we have the unwritten rules - a code and standard of behavior by which we judge each others actions. It is present in all societies, in real life and online).

Everyone will have variations in opinion and in following of these rules. Welcome to the mosaic of a human society. You will never, ever, be able to get everyone to agree on every nuance. You can have fun - expect that some people will take it the wrong way, and some people won't care. If you care what other people think, you tread more carefully. However, as you stated, you don't care. So.

Nice, broad, stereotyping statements from someone who said "How dare you assign motives to me that I am not guilty of having."
    Maybe I should have clarified why I wrote the post to begin with. All of the point you made are valid opinions. The reason for my post was because of some freeps who took the time out of their gaming to log over to creep side and complain about what someone else was doing on creep side. I don't care what people think of mine or anyone elses play style for that matter. What I was meaning to communicate was, in the matters of such things where, as you stated, everyone has variations of how they follow these rules, If you don't like some of those styles of play you best stay out of the moors because they will always be there. Point being, in the end, corpse jumping or other un-written rule don't make or break game play.

For those that say that such things lessen their positive outlook on the game, that is a shame that such small things would stop you from enjoying the game.

It is a small thing, is all I am saying.

oh, and @Xnoy: LOL

There's a lot of contradictory in the OP.

You say that you don't care; yet you post a 6-paragraph thread about it.

Then you say that you don't like to be judged of things that you don't have; yet you judge the whole freepside in a latter statement.

I'm confused by your confusion.

P.S. You wanted (e.g.) not (i.e.) in your fourth paragraph.
    [LEFT][SIZE=2]Fames (RK), Faims (Guard) and Faimli (Champ). Defenders of the Mithril Halls.
    [/SIZE][/LEFT]
    [LEFT][COLOR=darkred]Nomba, R7 reaver; [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]Webbzilla, R5 weaver[/SIZE].[/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Whoa whoa whoa...

Didn't this thread get locked already?
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Omnia illa et ante fiebant, omnia illa et ante fient
    Ita dicimus omnes

The guy corpse jumps people today and gets corpse jumped back. The end.
    Last edited by leekofthewood; Sep 23 2011 at 11:54 PM.
    Leekae

Rank 13 Champ Landroval

Thumbs up Grego, we all paid for this game to play it how we want to. (within the ToS)
    Have you had yours today?
    Arenuil, Arenthelion, Arenthelias, Arenthalion, Eoshaun, Frieson, Atsushi, Ariyaa, Yukei.

*Popcorn*
    Don't mind me!

(Sorry Dead... )
    Last edited by Arvaen; Sep 23 2011 at 11:51 PM.
    Arctic Feathertail
    [Pouncing Pwny]
    R11 Warg

*throw turkey bacon near Arctic*

*steals Arctic's popcorn*

Quote Originally Posted by InnerChild77 View Post
    *throw turkey bacon near Arctic*

*steals Arctic's popcorn*
    Fair trade.
    Arctic Feathertail
    [Pouncing Pwny]
    R11 Warg

If you don't like some of those styles of play you best stay out of the moors because they will always be there. Point being, in the end, corpse jumping or other un-written rule don't make or break game play.

For those that say that such things lessen their positive outlook on the game, that is a shame that such small things would stop you from enjoying the game.

It is a small thing, is all I am saying.

oh, and @Xnoy: LOL
    Well put, I won't get upset over something so trivial. But watch out if the anyone decides to use me as a bathroom!!!! :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000e67d1/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I have a way I look at things,

I do not corpse jump, even those who corpse jump me.

I never pee on my foe, it is just crass.

I look at those that cannot get through a night without corpse jumping every creep/freep killed, even if they had little to nothing to do with the kill as the actions of a severely insecure person. Most likely a basement dweller.

The only good thing is it is rather easy to tell which players are the ones that will do such a childish act. They do it freep or creep side, and are most times the first to run raging at the other side when someone does it to them.

My advise, put a nice hefty price on the persons head, and enjoy seeing them killed, or chased all over the moors. And perhaps say a little wargy prayer that they will one day mature, and get past that neener neener neener stage in life.

On another note...
    Turkey Bacon!!!! Blasphemy.
    Landroval Music Community
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

I am absolutely disgusted that there are people out in the Moors corpse jumping and rude emoting freeps and creeps, what is going on?!?!

[CENTER][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=3][B]~ Sars... The Creeples Champion! ~
    Pouncing Pwny[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by leekofthewood View Post
    You edited this post, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what you edited or why.?.?

Maybe you forgot the (.) or maybe you added "The end." Hmm.... Personally I would go back and edit it to capitalize "End"....

Either way this thread is a dead, beat up horse, reanimated a few times, zombified, killed again, resurrected, shot down again, and now back once again... This time lets stab it, drag it, shoot it, disembowel it, quarter it, burn it, then toss whatever the hell is left into a vat of acid... Maybe then it will finally be dead.. Then again......
    Been kicking around since 2008... Better days...:)

You could say... It's time to corpse jump it! HAH!
    [CENTER][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=3][B]~ Sars... The Creeples Champion! ~

Whether the OP likes it or not, corpse jumping people is akin to giving them the middle finger. If you do it to your friends it's funny and cute. If you do it to a stranger it's pretty rude.

Either way, it is antagonistic regardless of one's "motivations".

If you sit back and think about it, the thread is kinda funny. The OP gives someone the "lotro middle finger", that person logs over to yell at him for it, and then he comes in here to complain that people are mad at him for giving them the middle finger.

If you are dead, just release and this isn't a problem. If you are waiting on a rez or trying to get some free renown, people are going to give you the middle finger.

Quote Originally Posted by leekofthewood View Post
    Not sure you understand why I wrote this thread Leek. First, I did corpse jump you and Jayne but it wasn't meant to be in a negative light. I know you both. To me it was the way I say hello to someone I know. I know you dis;ike creepside ALOT. I understand your main enjoyment is to play freep side. I just wish you would understand that those who mainly like to play creepside aren't your enemy. At least not until we are fighting in the field. Bu that it temporary itself. If you are gonna take actions which lead to responses like quoted above, it really sounds to me that you are not enjoying the game. That you are taking things way too serious to begin with.

Yes, you guys did corpse jump back, which I obviously didn't mind because I didn't retreat and had a nice laugh while I watched you do so. It really wasn't the issue. I can see now, based on you response above that you are not a friend so you won't have to worry about me jumping you any more.

My post wasn't written over you Leek! It was writen because some one who was playing their creep that day started griefing me on why I was jumping on you and Nibbs specifically. I had to finally put them on ignore. Their claim was they were a friend of yours. (I would even post the name but I don't remember it. I know they were a reaver that started with Con but that is all I remember) They seem to know you pretty good though because they claimed that you hate creeps because of the corpse jumping thing. Although they were suprised to see you do it back, I did tell them it wasn't a big deal. That it was pretty funny.

It is a shame that some people have the need to create drama where no ill intent was intended. Who knew that repeatedly pushing the space bar while in game would be the cause of such great offense. I have no enemies in this game. Never did, never will. You guys think what you want.....

Corpse hopping Kinnies is ALWAYS mandatory!

For both creeps and freeps:

The most prominant joke on freep side concerns the creeps logging out when numbers get bad. Interesting to hear it played in reverse. Personally, I have never noticed the mass log offs...unless the map is zerged blue and there is nothing better to do.
    Alaster
    Sune
    Sinstar
    Sinistar

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatosdragonn View Post
    Corpse hopping Kinnies is ALWAYS mandatory!
    /signed

Also Dead, it's really no big deal Hope to see you still out there when I am 75 and somewhat geared so we can corpse hop each other constantly
    [Retired 2012] ** R13 Minstrel ** Guardians of the Dagorlad ** Jaiyne <3

24. Sep 28 2011, 10:17 AM

Reason
    wrong thread

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...who are these people not releasing to be corpse jumped in the first place? AND...who are the creeps that are corpse jumping when there's fighting to be done?

If you're not releasing that implies that someone is going to rez you soon.

If you're getting rez'd soon then there must be friendlies near by.

If there are friendlies near by, then cheers to the creeps who corpse jump because they're not attacking my friends.

Unless I have a mini practically yelling at me to not release, I pretty much insta-release.
    And WOW, I'd LOVE to have more creeps spend their time jumping on a freep corpse while I'm attacking them. Jump away.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Thanks to Turbine giving Defilers a ranged attack, I can attack and heal all while jumping up and down on your head Luc!... Though I much rather jump up and down on Grish... Punk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast