We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

So whats the immediate first impression?

I am sure there are very few freeps out, but any shining/glaring changes stand out on Creepside?

Basterni
    [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=orange][B]Basterni (Banjo Stealing Warg)- Axehole - Nioba : [U][COLOR=white]Pouncing Pwny[/COLOR][/U][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=deepskyblue]Quietstorm - Bastarni [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=cyan][FONT=Trebuchet MS][B][SIZE=1]Basterni on Facebook - ([/SIZE][URL="http://www.facebook.com/basterni?v=info"][SIZE=1]Link[/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1])[/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=1]I only target bast/axe/nioba because he's always RIGHT there![/SIZE][/FONT][I] [SIZE=1]~Arrival[/SIZE][/I][/CENTER]

Re: So whats the immediate first impression?

Skinpealer's WL destroyed my warg...lol. WLs are so uber

Defilers seemed super buffed as well.

I didn't try much else, but my reaver hit for like 498 on a (partially evaded) DS (on a warg in a spar)...was sort of unimpressed with that lol!
    [Retired 2012] ** R13 Minstrel ** Guardians of the Dagorlad ** Jaiyne <3

First Impression is I'm glad I didn't buy the expansion. I can do everything creepside, I can level all my toons to 75 freepside, have access to the new areas and the new crafting. The only things I can't do is the deeds and quests for the new areas, as well as the new raid. If I decide that I just have to have them, can use the free TP saved up to buy expansion for 3200 or purchase the raid by itself for 1250.

Played around on reaver for a couple hours overall like the changes, except for the maps as skills. Little concerned that my damage has barely increased from what I was doing before patch. 9% increase at R 10 with field promotions seems to be completely mitigated by npcs(couldnt find a freep to hit). Love the decrease in pot costs, and the increase in money we can make from npc drops and quests.

Can make about 1k infamy with the daily quests. Watched a 65 mini explode a ftp reaver. Just won't know till freeps come out at 75 all geared up.
    [COLOR=paleturquoise][FONT=Arial]Simonmark R9 Champion Galtros R7 Hunter Titans [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=red][FONT=Arial]Aklabash R7 Warg Grishtandush R11 Reaver Shapurluk R6 BA Agony[/FONT][/COLOR]

warg, hmmm meh so so, nothing special

Defiler, nah nothing new, don't bother targeting them they don't bring anything new to the table
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100001fe8a8/signature.png]Wyver[/charsig]
    [B]
    Xnoy [/B]- rank something or other Warg, and [B]Wyver [/B]- rank mango fiesta delight Defiler

At 65 I went out and engaged a ranked BA. I think I may have had a chance IF I had not been nearly immediately jumped by a ranked bug and reaver.

I also engaged a ranked defiler...with 12k? 14k? morale. Needless to say, I'm concerned on that front. Even at 75...time will tell.

At 66 I killed 12 R0 reavers. For the most part each one was a fight...there were a couple times they didn't either a> know how, or b> have the will to fight back. 9 different names. So I assume that's 9 F2P'ers on patch day. This REALLY worries me for the future.

Also I killed a R0 defiler...again assuming that's a F2P'er who bought the defiler, and not a vet who on patch day decided to roll a defiler...that'd make 10 non-VIPs on patch day.

Interesting thing about the Reavers...these weren't blowout wins. I didn't have to pop multiple cooldowns or anything, like I would vs a ranked reaver pre ROI...however, I was 9 levels from cap. So I'm not sure how things will look when they're R4-5 and I'm 75.

LOTS of creeps farming PvE in the zone though. So this is a call to arms for ALL FREEPS. Get out there! Even if it's just for a few minutes at the end of your day. Don't stay still, keep moving, and kill those nubs. They need to know that it's not just a free farm fest for them. Make them work for it. Make them get used to running back from the rez. SLOW THEM DOWN.

Solo, on day one, I was able to do that. Don't abandon the moors to them until 75. Don't give up.

--

Aside from the PvE stuff. I'm glad I saved what quests I had done for the release. I was able to turn in 3 tyrant's quests and get 3/3 on my Brooches/Crests. I wish I had had all 6.

Oh well.

Got my Pure-heart title...cheesy, but the others just didn't sound all that great. The cloak is solid and I'm wearing it, but to my chagrin. I REALLY want to wear my Rank cloak in the moors someday, but that'll be R13 if ever. Fate isn't going to be worth it.

Getting in the game was pretty painful, but it's been worse. So far the storyline is frustrating, I hate working with the badguys. Stupid whitehand.

Now to just grind out the next 8.5 levels and get into a raid or two for a 2nd age sword. BTW, I'm definitely willing to ##### myself out to any group wanting to do that raid...I'm questing exclusively with my friends, so I won't be MAD leveling, but I am grinding solo to keep moving forward so I hope to be wrapped up sooner than later.

Hope everyone had fun. I know it was a LOT of fun moving around the moors and actually seeing solo's. Despite their low ranks and the advantage I had in those fights due to that, I honestly am hopeful for the future of soloing in the moors.

Editing to add: LOVE the new combat log.

Editing a second time to add: Still VERY concerned about the population cap and what that will mean to VIPs. Particularly in light of 10 non-VIP sightings just by me in an hour or two on patch day.
    Last edited by Thane9; Sep 27 2011 at 08:27 AM.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

I logged in creepside and went to the slug pits right in front of Gram to test the new stances on them (because what freep would be silly enough to go to the moors at lvl 65??). I shot a slug.... (btw, I LOVE being able to shoot and run!!!) and lo and behold there is Luc, coming for me. Did I mention I LOVE being able to move and still be able to fight. Unfortunately a couple other creeps happened by and Luc promptly exploded so I didn't really get to learn to much from that encounter. I killed a handful of slugs then logged (was out all of maybe 5 or 10 minutes).

For the very brief time I was on I liked the BA changes. At least the stance that removes then induction of of 3 of my skills, didn't really test the one that causes my (oh so slow as it is) BA to be SLOWER at least it toggles off.
    All in all I did like it but we'll have to see how it all plays out once freeps start coming out at lvl 75.
    Last edited by dowhat; Sep 27 2011 at 08:47 AM.
    Dowhat, Lvl65 Minstrel R6
    Tahwod,Black Arrow
    Melanthiea, lvl65 Burg of little reknown (R5ish?)

Quote Originally Posted by dowhat View Post
    I logged in creepside and went to the slug pits right in front of Gram to test the new stances on them (because what freep would be silly enough to go to the moors at lvl 65??). I shot a slug.... (btw, I LOVE being able to shoot and run!!!) and lo and behold there is Luc, coming for me. Did I mention I LOVE being able to move and still be able to fight. Unfortunately a couple other creeps happened by and Luc promptly exploded so I didn't really get to learn to much from that encounter. I killed a handful of slugs then logged (was out all of maybe 5 or 10 minutes).

For the very brief time I was I liked the BA changes. At least the stance that removes then induction of of 3 of my skills, didn't really test the one that causes my (oh so slow as it is) BA to be SLOWER at least it toggles off.
    All in all I did like it but we'll have to see how it all plays out once freeps start coming out at lvl 75.
    Ok, I wasn't going to name names, but since you spoke about it. Yeah, I was hurting you at least...and I felt like I was at maybe in a position to not get TOTALLY owned. Of course BAs are the most favorable match for a Champ. I REALLY look foward to trying again.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

warg shadow howler is going to get nerfed sooner or later. xD
    Dirtluk~r12 Lukdirt~r9 Silencing~r11 Shilowadan~r10

Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    Ok, I wasn't going to name names, but since you spoke about it. Yeah, I was hurting you at least...and I felt like I was at maybe in a position to not get TOTALLY owned. Of course BAs are the most favorable match for a Champ. I REALLY look foward to trying again.
    Heehee, only if you are still underlevel and undergeared. I'm honestly not sure how it would have played out if the other 2 hadn't come by. Of course if you were lvl capped I'm sure I wouldn't stand a chance. However when we were fighting I didn't get anywhere near using my evade or my heal. Normally if I see you I can't do much aside from just BLOWING UP! At least there I was able to try to kite while still doing some damage.
    Tahwod,Black Arrow

My immediate first impression of my damage was disappointing. I realize that the NPCs got a bit of an upgrade, but a devastating eye rake hit for about the same as pre-patch with both SH and field promotions. So I'm not so sure about that.

Kara and I had a bit of fun testing things a bit later though.
    * The improved stealth level seems to be working nicely.
    * Being able to use two silences will be very helpful.
    * I'm not sure how I feel about the new Howl of Unnerving. The fear could be helpful, but I don't want to DR my stuns.
    * Howls on the run are great.
    * The reseting morale bubble isn't amazing for 1v1s. I'll be very lucky if I get more than one refresh on an opponent that isn't turtling.

There are a lot of things I still want to test. Need more freeps, please apply at Grams.

EDIT: I'd like to hear some folks opinion on buying skills, now that they're here... Nothing else to do with my mound of TP, but it feels so wrong.
    Last edited by Arvaen; Sep 27 2011 at 10:06 AM.
    Arctic Feathertail
    [Pouncing Pwny]
    R11 Warg

LOTS of creeps farming PvE in the zone though. So this is a call to arms for ALL FREEPS. Get out there! Even if it's just for a few minutes at the end of your day. Don't stay still, keep moving, and kill those nubs. They need to know that it's not just a free farm fest for them. Make them work for it. Make them get used to running back from the rez. SLOW THEM DOWN.

Solo, on day one, I was able to do that. Don't abandon the moors to them until 75. Don't give up.
    Spent a short bit of time in the Moors yesterday first thing. Was a bit sad to get 40 renown for turning in my Vet quests. So I did make some renown yesterday, too bad it wasn't from killing any Creeps. lol

Anyway, I took a stroll out and about. I know there was some action because Kynji was getting wrecked in chat. I didn't find it though. What I did find were NPCs and they tore my RK to shreds. So I won't be coming back out for a bit. With no mitigations and no oh shiz skills, my RK is doomed if he accidentally aggros two unfriendly npcs.

Got to 66, upgraded to Improved Essay of Fire, re-traited for Fire...and look out. The Creeps thought Lightning was bad. It may not pump out the big eye-popping crits like Lightning did, but my RK is going to be melting Creeps like wax from 30m away with Fire.

I say this in earnest for the good fight...if you are Creeping, go ahead and buy the good skills you don't currently possess. My RK is already at 1800 Finesse and roasting everything two levels above before it even touches him at level 66. At 75, things could get bad. I may have to Creep in Isen...
    [center]Landy: [b]Alphanova 3.0[/b] - R10 RK [b][i]Hitman for Mother Nature[/i][/b]
    Brandy: [b]Rotoreaver[/b] - R9 Reaver [b][i]Chop-N-Cleaver[/i][/b]
    Firefoot-Retired: [b]Alphazen[/b] - R9 Hunt*rd (MoM); [b]Spankdush[/b] - R6 Warg (SoA)
    [/center]

First impressions good so far, was fun to chew up three LM's at the same time with one other warg!

Howls on the run are great, Howl of Unnerving finally appears to do something.

No idea how this Finesse thing is going to turn out til we get some levelled freepies to eat.

Warleader is now even more fun, nice Black Speech animation and induction reducer.

Still not going to spend any TP on skills, not going to be a hypocrite, will stick with my word.

Love & Hugs

Fluffy Hithy
    Hithdraug - Former Suicidal Warg Squad

If I had a penny for every child I ran over - I could maybe afford car insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Arvaen View Post
    EDIT: I'd like to hear some folks opinion on buying skills, now that they're here... Nothing else to do with my mound of TP, but it feels so wrong.
    The whole thing just makes me sad. But as a player with zero visibility to who has what I'll have to assume EVERY creep has EVERY skill. So I guess my advice is buy them. ESPECIALLY if you're ranked. The Vet Creeps deserve them FAR FAR more than these nubs that'll come in and just be annoying pay to win players. Although the idea of you having more skills makes me cringe...

Quote Originally Posted by Overtone View Post
    Spent a short bit of time in the Moors yesterday first thing. Was a bit sad to get 40 renown for turning in my Vet quests. So I did make some renown yesterday, too bad it wasn't from killing any Creeps. lol
    I felt EXACTLY the same...hence why I then spent a couple hours out there looking for fights and "real" renown (rather than grinding more XP)

I'd like to re-emphasize. Let's be sure to get out there Freeps. Even if it's just to break up the creeps PvE fest for a few minutes. Anything we can do to insure these new creeps know it's OUR 'moors.
    Last edited by Thane9; Sep 27 2011 at 01:31 PM.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Kargnakh now has 11.5 k morale, more silver than ever before, more pots too and the ability to healing howl on the run. This, plus the ability to earn 1k infamy (makes me feel dirty, but still a blessing) from quests and not have to throw my wargie hide at freeps to rank is also encouraging.

Overall grade so far: B+
    Kargnakh Sturmwolf, Rank 9, Wargy Officer of <Pouncing Pwnies>
    Thrang, Rank 7, Leader <Thelyn en Forven>

Of course BAs are the most favorable match for a Champ. I REALLY look foward to trying again.
    Expect this to change as BAs get used to Skirmisher Stance and gain some confidence. A good, ranked BA will be similar at points to a RK now, minus the healing capabilities and the insta-CC.
    Shyma, formerly Shima
    Bashel

Mixed bag for Chompy thus far. I bought Shadow Howler and I'm pretty impressed with at least its PvE utility - I could pretty much run around HH with impunity dragging a big train of hobbitses and still kill them all without too much danger. How it's going to play out with freeps is a different story - 1000 morale wasn't that much for a freep to burn through before RoI, and I assume it's only going to get easier for them to knock off that initial chunk. And as Arctic said, Wargy fights usually don't last long enough to refresh it more than (maybe) once. Still, the increase to melee damage/armor/tac mitigation is nothin to scoff at even without the bubble. We'll see.

LOVE the change to Rend Flesh though - requires crit response, does damage (about as much as claws) and no cooldown, so you can put it on multiple targets. It was always almost entirely left out of my rotation before, but now I'm firing it off as soon as I can.

Rallying Howl on the run makes me feel all giddy and free

My main beef is with the Rabid Bite change. Pretty unhappy about this. They changed it from a straight power drain to a debuff increasing power cost by 10%. I haven't done any math on it, but I feel like this is definitely going to result in less overall power loss for freeps. If anyone wants to dispute me on that, feel free. I hope I am wrong but it feels like a big nerf. This was an important skill for fighting relatively low-power freeps like captains, burgs, and guards, as well as for softening minis power pool up if you knew they were going to bubble later in the fight. Plus, taking away the drain function also removes the best tool we had for keeping burglars out of stealth.

Anyway, I feel real tuff right now running around and solo'ing Mayor Mudbottom in Shadow Howler, but I'm gonna enjoy it while I can before Hurricane Freep rolls back into town and delivers a reality check
    Hi, my name is Chomperson, I am a (most likely dead) Warg, and III LOOOOOVE YOOOOUUUU
    My name is also Gunnerysergeant Hartman and YOU OWE ME FOR ONE JELLY DONUT, YOU LITTLE MAGGOT

Quote Originally Posted by raysmuckles View Post

My main beef is with the Rabid Bite change. Pretty unhappy about this. They changed it from a straight power drain to a debuff increasing power cost by 10%. I haven't done any math on it, but I feel like this is definitely going to result in less overall power loss for freeps. If anyone wants to dispute me on that, feel free. I hope I am wrong but it feels like a big nerf. This was an important skill for fighting relatively low-power freeps like captains, burgs, and guards, as well as for softening minis power pool up if you knew they were going to bubble later in the fight. Plus, taking away the drain function also removes the best tool we had for keeping burglars out of stealth.
    Rabid bite has been moved well away from the rotational skills on my hotbar, replaced by snap. Still really annoyed about this change, but I'd like to do some testing with it (despite my rough calculations showing it to be entirely ineffective). In any case, after RoI the only trait/skill I haven't earned (other than battlefield promotions) is the "enhanced rabid bite." I have absolutely no desire to spend even a copper for it.
    Arctic Feathertail
    [Pouncing Pwny]
    R11 Warg

I am still not too pleased with warg changes. Most of these I can live with, but what they did to our good maps that we worked so hard to attain, and the fact that a warg becomes unstealthed at the other end on mapping pisses me off no end. Map in sites will be heavily camped by freeps looking for quick easy kills as wargs map in.
    Landroval Music Community
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Quote Originally Posted by Arvaen View Post

There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying skills or store items, whether you are freep or creep. The only problem is when people who don't buy skills feel that they are better than people who do. I sincerely hope we don't get any snobbery along those lines.

Having said that, Kynji thinks you should definitely NOT buy any warg skills...I can't even play my class as it is, I don't need better stealthing, uber tracking wargies after me
    Kynji

Quote Originally Posted by Sssnapdragon View Post
    Having said that, Kynji thinks you should definitely NOT buy any warg skills...I can't even play my class as it is, I don't need better stealthing, uber tracking wargies after me
    Well that's the thing Kynji, I've pretty much got everything on my warg since they moved everything down to R10. I'm just not sure if I want to buy skills for my spider and defiler. I probably shouldn't care whether other people want to boycott the store or not. But while I don't want to spoil any feeling of accomplishment I might get from ranking those chars, neither do I want to fall behind the curve.
    Arctic Feathertail
    [Pouncing Pwny]
    R11 Warg

I'm all for using the store, I just refuse to use TP on non-permanent things (or fluff outfits/mounts).

Potions/Scrolls/Food? No. Skills/Maps/Tomes? Yes.

I'm not going to let my VIP points just sit there; they're the last 'perk' I have for being a lifetimer.
    Echlon - R11 Burglar, Landroval.
    Defeelher - R7 Defiler, Landroval.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamers View Post
    Expect this to change as BAs get used to Skirmisher Stance and gain some confidence. A good, ranked BA will be similar at points to a RK now, minus the healing capabilities and the insta-CC.
    I don't think that out damage out put will come anywhere close to a RK (well may be a lvl 65 before roi but not once they are lvl capped). Also they don't have the slows or stuns and whatever new toys they get as they lvl.
    Tahwod,Black Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Sssnapdragon View Post
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying skills or store items, whether you are freep or creep. The only problem is when people who don't buy skills feel that they are better than people who do. I sincerely hope we don't get any snobbery along those lines.

It's up to each individual to purchase skills/items/bacon from the store or not, and I would thoroughly disapprove of any elitism either way. It's just I have stated I hate the idea of buying skills, I'm halfway through rank 9, and I'll just wait it out

I've got about 5k TP sat doing nothing, it'll probably stay that way.

Love & Hugs

Fluffy Hithy
    Hithdraug - Former Suicidal Warg Squad

If I had a penny for every child I ran over - I could maybe afford car insurance

Quote Originally Posted by dowhat View Post
    I don't think that out damage out put will come anywhere close to a RK (well may be a lvl 65 before roi but not once they are lvl capped). Also they don't have the slows or stuns and whatever new toys they get as they lvl.
    No, but the point is that their core gameplay will be similar to RKs against melee classes -- kite and spam instant ranged attacks.
    Shyma, formerly Shima
    Bashel

Honestly after running around on a rank 15 fully decked out warg on Bull roarer and clashing with level 75 freeps in PvMP gear, I'd say buy away. Especially if you have all that free toilet paper. On Bullroarer it seemed very competitive to me was a lot more fun than the last 3 years honestly.

FYI to Luc. I'll be one of those wargs that is fully decked out so you won't have to worry about knowing if I have those skills or not....cause I will. (lots of free toilet paper.)

Disclaimer: I was completely bugged last night so it seemed that certain skills were store only. I had logged a few times to clear it up, but still couldn;t see some of the skills at the trainer....so my apologies to any who saw me say that there were store only skills. At the time it seemed to be accurate.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a010000159df3/signature.png]Charrk[/charsig] [color=red][size=3]PvMP meter:[/size] It is my opinion that NO game company has a clue what PvP is.[/color]
    [color=orange][size=3]Wisdom of the Sharkdog:[/size][/color][color=violet] Barter systems weren;t that cool when they first added them, so stop already with new barter items.[/color]

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast