We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: So whats the immediate first impression?

Brandy and Landy are polar opposites when it comes to Pvmp.

Take the freep/creep relationship here, and simply reverse it and you have brandy pvp.

And yes, I would agree that there are more raid vs raid battles, and generally, at least for creepside, more 'open raids'. That is, it's pretty easy to get into a raid if you are R5+ and not a warg.

I would agree that the brandy creeps are generally better than landy creeps, that's no fault to anyone, they are just more organized and have more raid leaders who get out and do things and don't sit on TA lawn all day.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000021409b/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Tumgruk View Post

I would agree that the brandy creeps are generally better than landy creeps, that's no fault to anyone, they are just more organized and have more raid leaders who get out and do things and don't sit on TA lawn all day.

Being able to raid up =/= skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumgruk View Post

Do you see here how you're talking about two different things?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000ab032/signature.png]Toothless[/charsig]
    *Also appearing as a hobbit named Pasquitan*

Quote Originally Posted by BloodCelt View Post
    I am sure there are very few freeps out, but any shining/glaring changes stand out on Creepside?

Basterni

Nope, business here as usual Basterni
    Kynji

Quote Originally Posted by Oppie View Post
    It's Landroval, what did you expect? With Blight I foresee even more TA hugging then before. Now Blight benefits small spaces even more, making keep defense even easier for creeps. Pull freeps in and just wipe with blight/npcs.

Servers like E and Brandy have way more zerg fighting, but way less keep hugging, Landy really sucks in terms of creep lacking b@lls all the time. Noobs like Tarbosh showed the way to "easier" winning to creeps, just wait and hide in keep and pvp in your own npcs all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oppie View Post
    well u're awesome in finding ways to spy on freeps and picking out when to enter fights so you always attacking 2-1 or with 20 ncps, but yeah that make pvp not fun.
    I like how Tarbosh is getting the blame for starting this and not some of the older creep leaders... The apprentice becomes the master. I bow to you sir!

Edit to add: I also like it when people who refuse to show their characters in their signature talk about others not having stones.
    Last edited by AdarinOuest; Oct 04 2011 at 01:45 PM.
    Adarin Ouest of There and Back Again
    Thradin Stoneshield of Baruk Khazad

Quote Originally Posted by AdarinOuest View Post
    You have to admit that there are skills/traits/builds you should NOT use in the Ettens.
    That wasn't the statement I took issue with.

The statement was:

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigMenace View Post
    Contrary to popular belief there IS a correct way to build and play your character, anything else is suboptimal.
    This OPINION, that is now being touted as fact. Which it's not. It's in my opinion this is FAR FAR from fact.

There are numerous builds that optimize situationally. And to argue that one optimal build exists and imply that a player who doesn't build that way is a poor player or doing it wrong is completely and utterly nonsense.

Take a Champ fighting in a stairwell pushing, or defending a keep, or for that matter engaging in any more or less static "cluster" fight. Then take a Champ wandering the moors solo. VERY different needs.

Or even more obviously, what if you are fighting a bug...then a reaver. VERY different needs.

Then there was this gem:

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigMenace View Post
    This is the reason the results are all over the place, couple it with a lack of player skill (which landroval is notorious for) and you have your answer.
    And hence my rant-length replies.

Oh well, I've had enough on this topic. There are players who think about the game, make active decisions to play certain ways and take certain paths to what they measure as victory. Then there are those who just spec/gear whatever and go out and have fun. I know top tier players with each attitude. And although I tend to relate more to the "analyzers" in the game I have NEVER once been convinced there is one "right" way to build a character.

Far far too much of the game, even restricted to just the moors, is situational. That situational quality is what I LOVE about this game. I'd not have it any other way.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal View Post
    Are you sure you aren't just bending around whatever your friend said so that it might sound less absurd?
    I have never spoken to this man at any time during my life. Calling us friends is absurd and shows just what a skewed outlook people have here.

Fellrotten:

What sort of unfair advantage does it give someone to switch sides in PvMP? Turbine had implemented a cooldown timer on switching sides that has since been removed, presumably because they understood it makes no difference.

Camping rez's is done by virtually everyone in the Ettenmoors, and very often the people who complain about it as well.

How does one "troll with 2nd agers?" How many end-game kins share information out of charity? Doesn't GLFF ridicule itself?

I also think it's ridiculous that you care more about what people do in PvE than PvMP, seeing as, you know, it doesn't impact others' gameplay in any way when you do your business in private instances.

So after reading through your post, I still don't understand: why you really mad though?
    NO BETTER FRIEND - NO WORSE ENEMY

Oppie, you need hug bro?

Baslion, don't hate my Blight, when you come to your senses and run around with me you'll be like "Cool Blight Bro" then we'll screenshot each other in comprimising positions... Bidness as usual.

Love Blight Abusing, TP Using, Sars.
    [CENTER][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=3][B]~ Sars... The Creeples Champion! ~
    Pouncing Pwny[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleghost View Post
    Oppie, you need hug bro?

Baslion, don't hate my Blight, when you come to your senses and run around with me you'll be like "Cool Blight Bro" then we'll screenshot each other in comprimising positions... Bidness as usual.

'Twas a pleasure slapping you with my fish.

See you soon.
    Baslion
    Dineanddash

Quote Originally Posted by MusterTheRohirrim View Post
    Fellrotten:
    How does one "troll with 2nd agers?" How many end-game kins share information out of charity? Doesn't GLFF ridicule itself?
    Literally everyone reputable. I have asked help of others. And I have been approached my several kins as I have done a ton of skirmishing and am the most experience group skirmisher on Landroval.

Radar, you don't count. You're nuts. Stop running Dannenglor.

And Callennor, just not on Landy, but please check out this thread and my posts. What's the use in keeping all the good things that you've found to yourself?

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...gard-Loot-List

Why am I mad? I'm mad right now because Turbine ignored me and several other people when skirmish LTs were bugged for 6 months. We made threads about it and tried to get their attention. And now, Skirmishes are all of sudden getting loot (and loot tables based on campaign), and they change some boss fights, and Icy Crevesse seems to be bugged. Why did they ignore their skirmish system then all of a sudden make it important? What forum is this again? My bad.....
    Landroval!
    Fellrotten - Rank 12 Battlemaster LM - Zero Stars. Survivor of the Barrow-Downs. Ivar's Champion. Embarassing Completionist
    Soccercake - 93 Dude Minstrel
    Mulieribus - 93 Dorf Champion
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

I think what's going on here is Hassle is busy leveling and Fell is free to roam the forums. Someone needs to keep them in check. Where is Klei? Need to have some words with her

I don't have a clue how this thread got so wildly off-topic, but I just wanted to throw my opinion in that until we get our regular raid vs. raid plus small groups plus soloers back into the swing of things in the moors we can't make any suppositions about many of these skills. I noticed in another thread the devs said that based on small-scale battles they have determined that creep DPS needs to scale up. That's great---clearly freeps are already winning too many small group and 1v1's lol. But really, we need to play with these changes for awhile, and let people learn their class all over again before we make judgement calls. I suspect that Turbine will still be rebalancing and scaling skills and changes over time (though Fell I certainly understand your point that some things sit forever when they should be dealt with much faster...a certain rename ticket comes to mind...LOL).
    Kynji

Quote Originally Posted by Sssnapdragon View Post
    (though Fell I certainly understand your point that some things sit forever when they should be dealt with much faster...a certain rename ticket comes to mind...LOL).
    Because we all know that 'Tabasco' is much more offensive than 'Tatas'

EDIT: change your forum signature, LOL
    Last edited by soccercake7; Oct 05 2011 at 02:29 AM.
    Landroval!
    Fellrotten - Rank 12 Battlemaster LM - Zero Stars. Survivor of the Barrow-Downs. Ivar's Champion. Embarassing Completionist
    Soccercake - 93 Dude Minstrel
    Mulieribus - 93 Dorf Champion
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

Quote Originally Posted by soccercake7 View Post

She could've named herself something really offensive by USING THE LOTRO NAME SUGGESTIONS...

Mah gawd.

PS: check your PMs, you rat scallion [sic].
    Last edited by The_Observer; Oct 05 2011 at 07:15 AM.
    [center][size=3]Mœgalad[/size]
    [color=skyblue][size=5]Legionnaires[/size][/color]
    [color=grey]ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ[/color]
    [size=3][color=red]Inѷisus[/color] [color=yellow]---- ҉ ----[/color] [color=red]Rɇdush[/color][/size]
    [size=5]The White Hand[/size][/center]

Literally everyone reputable. I have asked help of others. And I have been approached my several kins as I have done a ton of skirmishing and am the most experience group skirmisher on Landroval.
    I don't think Icy is bugged, just crazy hard.

SO last night we were working through it...up to the boss fight it's just tank and spank..

But the boss....whew...ok so we burn the mammoth, then do the vent shuffle while CC'ing the boss to kill the adds, then the tricky part, dps'ing the boss while trying to keep his eye effect from basically full healing him...make it through one round, then dps the mammoth (the easiest part)...back to the vent shuffle to clear adds, then back to the hardest part again trying to dps the boss down while avoiding the green and that stupid eye effect.

That's as far as we made it, because he kept getting big heals off as we couldn't get enough seperation to prevent the heal...but I didn't see anything explicitly bugged in the 12 man.

Thoughts?
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

I think what's going on here is Hassle is busy leveling and Fell is free to roam the forums. Someone needs to keep them in check. Where is Klei? Need to have some words with her

I don't have a clue how this thread got so wildly off-topic, but I just wanted to throw my opinion in that until we get our regular raid vs. raid plus small groups plus soloers back into the swing of things in the moors we can't make any suppositions about many of these skills. I noticed in another thread the devs said that based on small-scale battles they have determined that creep DPS needs to scale up. That's great---clearly freeps are already winning too many small group and 1v1's lol. But really, we need to play with these changes for awhile, and let people learn their class all over again before we make judgement calls. I suspect that Turbine will still be rebalancing and scaling skills and changes over time (though Fell I certainly understand your point that some things sit forever when they should be dealt with much faster...a certain rename ticket comes to mind...LOL).
    My 1:1 win ratio (unranked creeps aside) since hitting 75 is FAR lower than at any other time in the game's process.

But then again my gear still has room to grow, particularly my weapon. So yeah...Champs are historically pretty gear driven in our power curve.

I just think a lot of the small scale stuff is blown out of proportion because there's so many low ranked...and even unranked...creeps out there. Although I can't for the life of me understand how a creep remains unranked out there for more than an hour with a red map and infamy giving quests.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Absolutely not. I reported myself for an offensive name and I am waiting for the GM to correct their mistake. *holds her breath*
    Kynji

to the OP:

"yay, 10 more levels/gear/#### to grind out
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Omnia illa et ante fiebant, omnia illa et ante fient
    Ita dicimus omnes

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleghost View Post

I still haven't decided on Blight (Its totally the yellow eye of Sauron! *swoon*)...but I am totally envious of the Defiler-Jedi skill you were using the other day. It was just so shiny...no idea if its useful though

Also, the Parentheses of Doom are now my favorite looking skill in the game. Talk about visual aggro.
    Kymli Dwarf Mini ~ MamaCass Defiler

Quote Originally Posted by Danaca View Post
    the Parentheses of Doom
    Lmao! That IS what they look like! Thank you!
    [center][size=3]Mœgalad[/size]
    [color=skyblue][size=5]Legionnaires[/size][/color]
    [color=grey]ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ[/color]
    [size=3][color=red]Inѷisus[/color] [color=yellow]---- ҉ ----[/color] [color=red]Rɇdush[/color][/size]
    [size=5]The White Hand[/size][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Danaca View Post
    I still haven't decided on Blight (Its totally the yellow eye of Sauron! *swoon*)...but I am totally envious of the Defiler-Jedi skill you were using the other day. It was just so shiny...no idea if its useful though

Also, the Parentheses of Doom are now my favorite looking skill in the game. Talk about visual aggro.
    The Jedi mind trick skill has some very interesting applications. Come to the dark side and we'll talk

Quit being reasonable what the hell are you trying to do here!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100001fe8a8/signature.png]Wyver[/charsig]
    [B]
    Xnoy [/B]- rank something or other Warg, and [B]Wyver [/B]- rank mango fiesta delight Defiler

Quote Originally Posted by The_Observer View Post
    Lmao! That IS what they look like! Thank you!
    Oh, I'd love to take credit, but I think I borrowed the name from Yargax.
    Kymli Dwarf Mini ~ MamaCass Defiler

And I told Yargax

(statement may differ from fact)
    [CENTER][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=3][B]~ Sars... The Creeples Champion! ~
    Pouncing Pwny[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Sounds like someone has bubble envy. Yours is nice and all, but is it big and black like mine?
    Adarin Ouest of There and Back Again
    Thradin Stoneshield of Baruk Khazad

My first impression was.. nice!

Then i read this thread and I have figured out the problem with landrovel pvmp...

It's pretty apparent that a large portion of Freeps are not in fact pvprs, but pvers in disguise.

I mean, it's cool you know, it's not really a bad thing, or a pot shot or anything. It just seems to me that all i see in here are a lot of excuses and quite frankly, and a little perplexing to me, a lot of LOTRO PvE resume quoting.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast