We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Will creeps ever get new appearance skins?

People have been complaining about the lazily thrown together skin progression of creeps forever. It's fine for Wargs and Spiders, as they get something unique every rank. But everyother class goes through 100k+ infamy to get through higher ranks, for what? The ability to look exactly the same except with or without a helmet?

I was hoping that the new Creep store would give us the opportunity to buy the great monster skins introduced since SoA in Moria, Mirkwood, and Isengard. Turbine, you know you'd make ridiculous amounts of money off new creeps cosmetics. And no PvP player would be opposed to new looks. Everybody wins!

Re: Will creeps ever get new appearance skins?

New skins would be epic.
    [size=1][font=palatino linotype][COLOR="#797979"]Some ancient Italian maxim fits our situation, whose particulars escape me. [/COLOR]
    [/size][/font]

That defiler skin looks amazing <3

Theres a LOAD of good NPC skins waiting to be used, dont know why devs dont put them in. Put some on store and put some on ranks.

new skins would be epic, but imo the best ones old or new if added should still be rank gated as this is 1 of the few things by now that makes a difference from lower to high ranks, I wouldn't wanna see a r0 running around with r11+ current skins or something new that's even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugba View Post
    new skins would be epic, but imo the best ones old or new if added should still be rank gated as this is 1 of the few things by now that makes a difference from lower to high ranks, I wouldn't wanna see a r0 running around with r11+ current skins or something new that's even better.

Agreed

Ridduk

I can't stand the defiler skins. I think I have the rank 3 or 4 skin (black skin, shoulder pads, goat mask thingy). Nearing R9 IMO I have the coolest skin there is.

I agree, leave the rank skins locked based on rank alone, but give one of your random artist interns a bottle of JD and tell him/her to go for it.

That defiler on the splash screen looks so badass
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100001fe8a8/signature.png]Wyver[/charsig]
    [B]
    Xnoy [/B]- rank something or other Warg, and [B]Wyver [/B]- rank mango fiesta delight Defiler

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Put some on store and put some on ranks.
    You, sir, have too much faith in humanity. ./waitstoseelimitededitionstorex clusive2kTPskins
    Last edited by OGsam; Oct 23 2011 at 06:15 AM.

What about not skins but on every rank to have available new things for example: skin color ,hair,helmet,shield,shoulderpa ds,color on spidy claws,eye color,boots and... you got my point
    FULLY customisable creeps.why only freeps make them the way they want too? per rank unlocking new features

but maybe this is gonna be like outfits(more lag)?no dont think so:P you are the devs and you are getting payed to do that ;p

Tangaar
    Captain] [Acidglow Weaver]
    -->Black Glass Remix skin<---

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart06 View Post
    People have been complaining about the lazily thrown together skin progression of creeps forever. It's fine for Wargs and Spiders, as they get something unique every rank. But everyother class goes through 100k+ infamy to get through higher ranks, for what? The ability to look exactly the same except with or without a helmet?

I was hoping that the new Creep store would give us the opportunity to buy the great monster skins introduced since SoA in Moria, Mirkwood, and Isengard. Turbine, you know you'd make ridiculous amounts of money off new creeps cosmetics. And no PvP player would be opposed to new looks. Everybody wins!
    maybe if the devs put as much detail into the toons as they do their F2p ads

I would run for my life if I saw a defiler out in the Moors that looked like the defiler in that ad. Great art, but I could only see that skin or any additional skins added so long as they were ONLY buyable in the LOTRO store. They won't likely invest money into the game without the ability to make that money back. Its turbine we're talking about.
    « Seyz Vanguard - R14 »

Quote Originally Posted by Odin_of_Freyr View Post
    I would run for my life if I saw a defiler out in the Moors that looked like the defiler in that ad. Great art, but I could only see that skin or any additional skins added so long as they were ONLY buyable in the LOTRO store. They won't likely invest money into the game without the ability to make that money back. Its turbine we're talking about.
    I'm pretty confident most of of would be willing to pay for some new cosmetic options.
    Arctic Feathertail
    [Pouncing Pwny]
    R11 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Fraegster View Post
    I can't stand the defiler skins. I think I have the rank 3 or 4 skin (black skin, shoulder pads, goat mask thingy). Nearing R9 IMO I have the coolest skin there is.

I agree, leave the rank skins locked based on rank alone, but give one of your random artist interns a bottle of JD and tell him/her to go for it.

That defiler on the splash screen looks so badass
    r0 defiler skin ftw.
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Quote Originally Posted by IGolbezI View Post
    r0 defiler skin ftw.
    r3 was always my favorite.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000230036/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Odin_of_Freyr View Post
    im pretty sure you are right about turbines plots...

So my guees is ,either they give us a new 3 years now region and skins would be available only there(near isengard i suppose?) or some new skins with the way you said.

Tangaar
    Captain] [Acidglow Weaver]
    -->Black Glass Remix skin<---

I have personally never wore any of the rank 12+ BA skins, other than to show what the skin looks like to others. Other creeps ask why I stick with the dark green rank 1 skin. I wear it out of spite because I find the high rank skins neither interesting nor unique enough to wear proudly. The R12 - 15 BA skins are just R4 - 7 skins with a rather plain cuirass with spiked braces attached to the back. BORING!!!

The other BAs think that the devs either have no time to be creative, too lazy, and/or just don't give a ####. My theory is that the devs felt the interns needed something to do, so they let them do something unimportant like designing high ranked BA skins.

I would love to use TP to acquire more unique skins, but if rank has it's privileges, then I figure the cooler skins (I'd even settle for unusual skins) should be rank based. Either way, I propose a contest similar to LoTRO horse design contest BUT voted on in a different way! The players (I'm hoping actual creep players specifically) would vote on which skin they liked the best. 1st place would be the R15 BA skin, 2nd place would the R14 BA skin, etc...

Or creeps can just do a Occupy Turbine, Inc. mass demonstration against financial greed and corruption (and stink up their offices).
    Last edited by Kurganzolla; Oct 24 2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: $5 foot long
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000010cb0c/signature.png]Dysentery[/charsig]

Cool Re: Will creeps ever get new appearance skins?

I wish we had a huge variety of skins to choose from. Heres me dreaming:
    - Two new skins per rank
    - Alternate TP unlockable skin per rank (total of three skins per rank)
    - Trait gated skins, preferably more than one per trait (Example: Slayer of light/Hand of doom)
    - And TP exclusive skins available to all ranks (If a f2per wants to drop cash on one of these and it gets recycled into MP
    developement, by all means. But should not look more important/special than high rank skins)
    - Hidden unlockable skins: Use x skill x times (examples: dev strike/field promotion/revenge)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0100001356a0/signature.png]Grukgash[/charsig]
    [COLOR="#FF0000"][EN-RP] Laurelin[/COLOR]
    [I][FONT=Arial Narrow]Surgite atque resurgite dum agni leones fient.[/FONT][/I]

Honestly the reaver skins from 0-10 are pathetic....atleast give us some variations like maybe two types of skin to choose from per rank.....