We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Tired of the Ranger yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlyn View Post
    This thread isn't about KoC... it's about freeps leveling faster and getting out into the moors to you guys.
    Alright then, everyone who's not a KoC here please step up and state your claim about the creeps hoarding the relics and how it affects your PvE. Anyone? Anyone?... oh, I think I see one! No, wait... that's a KoC, too...
    [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?285644-A-very-dumb-and-silly-suggestion.]Best way to balance Lotro PvP.[/url]

The 3% is in honesty, jack all. Percentage wise, every 24 hours of game time you put into leveling it shaves off half to three quarters of an hour.

Even still pointing that this small boost helps in some way will probably not get freeps the relics back, seeing as the hordes of f2p greenie reavers in most likeliness do not frequent the forums

I have still seen some action in the moors, whether its a couple of pre 75 freeps running round pounding reaver skull (thorfin easily cut down 6+ at lvl 74), or some others who want to come out and 1v1 to test their shiny new faces out. Even though they're not geared out fully or even at the lvl cap, they still seem to be having fun and I'm thankful to them for giving some creeps a rough insight into what we have ahead of us (even though things can only get allot tougher :P )

Whenever I've seen somebody rolling a ranger all they do is sit in ec and try to 1 shot greenies, I guess kinda annoying for unsuspecting fluff bunnies, but not a huge problem.
    I am the terror that flaps in the night.
    Pig

I actually could have used the 3% a lot the past days, but w/e, lol. I SHALL COME AND CLAIM MY RELICS ONCE I GATHER THE STRENGHT TO LVL MY NEXT TOON TO 75 :P. Anyways, here to remind everyone - FUN IS GOOD! Don't fight with words but with fists/swords/bows/sticks and yes, even magical rocks for all you RKs out there, hehe (it's more effective, hehe)

Lotro PVP Videos l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

many of freeps are not interested in level, just work on set and craft, and not 3% that will make the difference
    Crickhollow - Scratzod r6 Champ - Scratzw r7 Burg - / Healpot r7 Defiler
    Brandywine - Pinha r8 Spider - Litleponey r9 Reaver / Qris-1 r11 miniEzmode

we are superior we are elitism we aint gonna come out unless we are geared.

do we need to pay u back the 3% exp when we get to lv75?
    [CENTER]|||Resident of Crickhollow|||
    [COLOR="#00FF00"]-Lieutenant Sunnydar (Champion)-[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]-Lieutenant Jiyeonah (Reaver)-[/COLOR][/CENTER]

I think I'd rather try and teach a fish how to breath oxygen than repeat myself to a bunch of half-witted ezmode creeps. Like I said.... enjoy the pve infamy.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000093dff/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

That's because you couldn't kill a decent creep on your own on their worst day. And the rest of your freepy friends aren't out there since you don't have your measly 3%.

Edit: It was early. I messed my math up.
    Last edited by rev83; Oct 02 2011 at 11:41 AM.

Thumbs down Re: Tired of the Ranger yet?

@civ stop being a drama queen its old man for real... grow up already the world of lorto does not go around you an koc...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000721a0/signature.png]Sharknakh[/charsig]

Let me see if I can simplify this even more for you.

Relics = 3% exp gain = freeps finish leveling sooner = no outnumber buff = no ranger.

Also if you haven't thought it over, which I'm sure you haven't.....

3% exp gain = freeps finish leveling sooner = more freeps out for you to fight = more infamy = more fun.

I promise you that this is why Discipline posted this in the first place. Some of you are just too new to pvp to realize the problem. Besides.... what good is an infamy boost if you have nothing to kill?

Last time I post on this one.
    ok let's get into the math of this arguement shall we? lvl 74 to 75 is approximately 670000k experience. 3% of that would be 20100 experience. With rest experience this is about what, one skirm? If you are against skirming and just decide, "Hey I'll just grind kills this last 20k." you would have to kill about 34 mobs at around 600 boosted experience. So, letting the freeps have the relics in the end let's them get one level about ten minutes faster?
    /sarcasm on
    Wooohooo!!!! Creeps give us those relics!

/sarcasm off
    Bloin r11 Minstrel
    Malte r9 Burg
    Maltepup r9 Warg

I think I'd rather try and teach a fish how to breath oxygen than repeat myself to a bunch of half-witted ezmode creeps. Like I said.... enjoy the pve infamy.
    LoL
    I just couldn't take it................ROFL
    You really are the shortest straw. Out of a million s p e r m, you were the fastest?

What is it you add to this server anyway? NOTHING. You add trouble, subtract pleasure, divide attention, and multiply ignorance.

HAHAHAHAHlol

your friend
    Krool
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000090924/signature.png]Krool[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]“Fantasy remains a human right. We make in our measure and in our derivative mode, because we are made, and not only made, but made in the image and likeness of a Maker.” J.R.R. Tolkien[/CENTER]

What part of that phrase makes sence? When did being a creep become easy?
    [center][color=red][size=3][color=gold]~[/color]Ittybitty, Reaver[color=gold]~[/color][/size]
    [size=1]Sexylegs, Rank [color=cyan]8[/color] Spider[/size]
    [size=1]Vic, Rank [color=cyan]7[/color] Defiler[/size][/color][/center]

Let me see if I can simplify this even more for you.

Relics = 3% exp gain = freeps finish leveling sooner = no outnumber buff = no ranger.

Also if you haven't thought it over, which I'm sure you haven't.....

3% exp gain = freeps finish leveling sooner = more freeps out for you to fight = more infamy = more fun.

I promise you that this is why Discipline posted this in the first place. Some of you are just too new to pvp to realize the problem. Besides.... what good is an infamy boost if you have nothing to kill?

Last time I post on this one.
    Specifically it would be leveling 3% faster...nothing to write home about. Besides as you say folks weren't going to come out until they were "geared properly". I actually agree with the thought that it might minorly speed up things. On the other hand keeping that relic helps the Green Liberation Orc Front rank faster as well. Nice to have a meat shield with some meat on it's bones.

I will say on the plus side nice to see KoC (well champs, hunters and burgs) anyways out today. Nice fighting you. Please come out more.

P.S. Why would anyone play a guard anymore with Champs stupidly hard to kill? I guess you still need em to get champs their gear.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000009f760/signature.png]Freepointhreat[/charsig]
    Freepointhreat R8 Black Arrow Crickhollow
    Renlotho R6 Hobbit Burglar Crickhollow
    Grimwyld level 32 Loremaster Crickhollow

"As water flows through the gills, the oxygen it contains (dissolved oxygen) passes into blood circulating through the gill structures (filaments and lamellae) while simultaneously, carbon dioxide ( the waste product) in the fish’s bloodstream passes into the water. This deoxygenated water is then carried away and out of the body through the operculum. This process repeats itself continually and this is the process by which fish breathe. This is process is also known as respiration."

Thanks Civ now I'm edumacated!
    Pig

I think I'd rather try and teach a fish how to breath oxygen than repeat myself to a bunch of half-witted ezmode creeps.
    In around 3rd grade biology in half-witted ezmode creep school, I'm pretty sure they taught us that fish really do breathe oxygen...
    (edit: grr the above post beat me by 6 minutes)

They also taught us that freeps are gonna come out to have a good time and fight in the moors no matter who takes relics. You know, I appreciate the fights, and was actually glad to see you all out there turning the map blue and fighting us. But threatening to take your ball and go home cause we turn the map red and take relics is just laughable.

I like many of you guys, but your kin is developing a sense of Tsubaka-itis lately. Yeah, you're pretty good... but you're just not *that* important to Crick as a whole that you can tell us how to play and what to capture
    "Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." - Frank Zappa
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000067241/signature.png]Zapwen[/charsig]
    Zapporin - Zapwise - Zapwen - Zapnakh - Zapzug - Zapluk - Zapgash - Zaplakh

Dear god, they're going to PvE if we don't let them keep the relics! Have mercy!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000076398/signature.png]Arachnophobia[/charsig]
    "CHEAP EXPLOITING GOATRIDING FREEP ZERGLINGS" -Purebloodnakh™

I'm gonna feel awful weird saying something that's not bashing someone or outright negative, but here goes:

I had fun today!
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Gee, looks like the premise of this thread was shot. Ellouhollia missed the Freep-wide memo about not playing the ranger once KoC took the relics back. Lol.

Leading a greenie raid leaves much to be desired heh. Nice to see Freeps out though. Four champs aren't that much fun to fight with only one R4+ creep out.

See you all on the moors.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000009f760/signature.png]Freepointhreat[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Renlotho View Post
    Gee, looks like the premise of this thread was shot. Ellouhollia missed the Freep-wide memo about not playing the ranger once KoC took the relics back. Lol.

Leading a greenie raid leaves much to be desired heh. Nice to see Freeps out though. Four champs aren't that much fun to fight with only one R4+ creep out.

See you all on the moors.
    Yip had some fun, and most of the time it was only the burgs and hunters getting killed,

O and to all who say we need to gear up first - Bull.

If you have been long enought in the moors, It is a straight out swap 65 for 75 gear and you are set .

Nice killing all today, and thanks for the renown,

Yip having a few champs in is a lot of fun. Greenie creeps just melt in the grinder.

65 Hunter : Ewinder, 65 Burglar : Ewie

Quote Originally Posted by Ewie View Post
    Yip had some fun, and most of the time it was only the burgs and hunters getting killed,

If you have been long enought in the moors, It is a straight out swap 65 for 75 gear and you are set .

Nice killing all today, and thanks for the renown,

Yip having a few champs in is a lot of fun. Greenie creeps just melt in the grinder.
    Yeah! Hats off to you Ewie, it must be a hobbit burg thing, but you are one of the bravest burgs on the server! Cheers. Glad to see a fellow Hobbit burg wade into battle without concern for safety

As to Champs...they are just a WEEEEEEE bit OP now days. That self bubble, plus sprint, plus the anti-root/stun thing, plus heavy armor, plus man heal (usually) = VERY hard to kill. Not much fun to face a group of 4+ champs well geared. That said, it is WAYYY more fun than PVE so thanks for coming out guys.

I will submit you might not have flipped the map if I had more than one other experienced creep during your push. Regardless, to flip the map against superior (I use that term loosely) forces is impressive so well done.

./sigh

Weren't you guys complaining recently about how there are no rules in the moors?

Most of KoC is already 75 and you won't see us out until we finish all the new content and get geared properly.
    Civ
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewie View Post
    Hmmm, does not compute.
    Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Renlotho View Post
    Yeah! Hats off to you Ewie, it must be a hobbit burg thing, but you are one of the bravest burgs on the server! Cheers. Glad to see a fellow Hobbit burg wade into battle without concern for safety

As to Champs...they are just a WEEEEEEE bit OP now days. That self bubble, plus sprint, plus the anti-root/stun thing, plus heavy armor, plus man heal (usually) = VERY hard to kill. Not much fun to face a group of 4+ champs well geared. That said, it is WAYYY more fun than PVE so thanks for coming out guys.

I will submit you might not have flipped the map if I had more than one other experienced creep during your push. Regardless, to flip the map against superior (I use that term loosely) forces is impressive so well done.
    Yea, the eb and flow of the battle. At one stage we counted like 14 Reavers on TA lawn - and that was in the beginning when it was just 2 Hunter , 1 Burglar and 4 Champs - what a Sight to see them span the whole area.

Sure was fun.

But I love the Part of Green Reavers all over, Farming Norbog when there is eppic battles happening on STAB, well easy farm, O and So Many AFK - They seemed to forgot that freeps will come out to play - and now that more and more have started hitting 75 again, excpect a few more greenies quitting over over the Freeps killing them while doing quests , we had a hilarious tell from one logging into freep side telling us that we know no moore etiqette by killing questing greenies.

But all good things end and the map was turned red soon afterwards. But expect us to be out regulary again.

O and I think most in this thread totalyy missed the point of what this thread was trying to convy, merely that if you have freeps at 75 they will come out to Hunt you and make your life misarable in the moors.

65 Hunter : Ewinder, 65 Burglar : Ewie

Lmao, Chiron & co, were our worthless skins worth that much to you? This was fun, I expected to die, to be honest! =D
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

well, since I can't log in my captain in the ettenmoors, I hearby swear loyalty to the creeps... one more reaver to join in on the fight, all across the region...

only my 3rd day playing out there, and hit rank 3 in that time... I have to say that monster play is insanely fun, helping to repel a freep advancement to TA all the way back to the elf encampment today... managed to get 5 killing blows, although I have suffered a bit more deaths than kills...

I hope that rank advancement will help out, because I still do feel a bit weak...
    Last edited by Aztec_Soul; Oct 03 2011 at 04:34 AM.

Hey wow, I read this entire thread from beginning to end. Damn, I really need a life.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000007d062/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast