We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Been away from the game for ages, a few questions

Hey all, just a few questions.

1. Different layers? I've been noticing people have been saying they're changing layers. What does this mean?
    2. Is Brandywine the still most popular server?
    3. Legendary weapons. How do they work? (just to sum it up)
    4. Moria. Is it really necessary?
    5. What's a good site for a guide on a Guardian build?

Thanks!

Re: Been away from the game for ages, a few questions

1. Different layers? I've been noticing people have been saying they're changing layers. What does this mean?
    - There are different layers in the landscape areas, ie: 300 players fll a layer and a new layer is created for another 300 people. You can switch to your group leader's layer by using the layer icon.

2. Is Brandywine the still most popular server?
    -Don't think so. :/

3. Legendary weapons. How do they work? (just to sum it up)
    -look in the Legendary Item forum for guides, or search the lore book: Echoes of the Dead LI changes.

4. Moria. Is it really necessary?
    -IMO yes

5. What's a good site for a guide on a Guardian build?
    -I don't think this site is being updated anymore, but still is very usefull:
    http://lotro.mmorsel.com/
    Account Management English Phone Support is available by calling (781) 407-4020. The hours are:
    Monday through Friday: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM Eastern
    Weekend Coverage: 12:00 Noon to 9:00 PM Eastern

1. The layers kick in when there are to many people in one area to help reduce lag, so if there are a bunch of players in one place then you swap layers, you won't be able to see them but it should be less laggy. (I think that's what you asking anyway lol)

2. No idea, sorry =/

3. Legendary weapons have their own levels. When you get one, it will be undidentified. This means you don't know much about it. You pay a couple silver (depends on the lvl i think) to get it identified. This will reveal legacies (stat/skill enhancing abilities). It will start with base damage, then as it levels up you get LI points. You can spend these points on legacies to make them better, and also on the weapons DPS, making it stronger. Every 10 weapon levels you have to deconstruct it at a special NPC, who then lets you re-name your weapon and refund your points. Also there are relics which you can put in your weapon that enhance your stats. They added relic crafting awhile ago, but i won't go into that.

4. If you don't want to really grind, i'd say yes. I really enjoyed it, but apparently not everyone does =/ Also the expansion (not the quest pack) gives good stuff.

5. Once again, not sure.

Thanks to the both of you. Those layers were really confusing.