We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

pugged Draigoch t2 challenge

Thought perchelm was makin a post... I formed a draigoch t2 challenge raid earlier today, like noon pst, and we downed it after 4 hours total figuring it out. We didn't figure the conjs out ourselves, we used the list, but we did figure the mechanics out by ourselves. The ending was fun, I dig the epic last few minutes and the 10k heartseekers, try to get triplekill to post screens.

We had 4 scales, 1 2nd age symbol, 3 teals, 2 helmets and 1 shoulder.
    Grats Neroimus, gariador, obiwine, littlefinger, arkadius, perchelm, triplekill, halinath, bojangle, huitzilin, joesephus and ME (alch)
    Last edited by Alch57; Oct 09 2011 at 02:51 AM.
    [center][b][size=3]Alch - Willhealforloot - Fulmetal - Willstealyourloot[/size][/b]

[I][size=1][color=#3333]...you'll never know what it's like, spending your whole life in a dream...[/color][/size][/I][/center]

Re: pugged Draigoch t2 challenge

Gratz All! hope many kills are to come.

Gratz on beating HoE!
    [B][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Gladden[/SIZE]
    <Cmdr. Dolcarak><Lt. Cojiro>
    ~Leader of SotWH~[/COLOR][COLOR=blk]
    [/COLOR]

[/CENTER]

[/B]

I didn't know I was elected to make the thread. I did have fun though and can't wait to do it again next week.

Last edited by cshamblin; Oct 09 2011 at 03:31 AM.
    [center][SIZE=3][COLOR="#00FFFF"]Perchelm ~ Minstrel
    Gladden[/COLOR][/SIZE][/center]

Super fun fight, cant wait to do it again. whoever took screenshots post em up!

once again, good job guys!
    Elegost-1 Ancient of Days/Arkenstone

Awesome job guys. Great times. Definitely a long epic fight. Looking forward to taking him down again next week.

Here are some screenshots.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000d82ca/signature.png]Neroimus[/charsig]

Neroimus - 65 Warden : Neroi - 60 Guardian : Neroilas - 42 RK : Neroilon - 37 Hunter : Neroimon - 3x Captain : Ulchi - 3x Champ :

Congrats guys!
    Freeps: Beast, Cadaverous, Deadite, Elphaba, Joules, Kookaburra, Stheno, Weebey, Zod
    Creeps: Barfbag, Bulgingeggsac, Elphabash, Farfel
    {SM/2H1R}

Cool Re: pugged Draigoch t2 challenge

Congrats Alch and crew on a fine accomplishment. Although the 'four hours' claim seems to be overselling it, as anyone in glff heard you going for 6-7 hours Friday night plus the 4 or so you mention Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
    Gratz on beating HoE!
    Actually, if you look at who is on that list, one of the raiders is a HoE, who had access to the strategy discussion on our forums and who was also in vent while we worked on the strategy on Thursday. Coincidence?

I wasn't on when Alch's crew won the fight but apparently some of the raiders decided to use the opportunity to put down HoE. Is that really the status of the server? With a HoE present in the raid? Sad, really.

And lest this thread get derailed by negativity, let me say again, congrats to the Pug crew. Back in our Eq1 days, my husband and I were part of a server pug that accomplished a lot of firsts prior to the serious development of raiding guilds. Pugs have some advantages over raid kins but they also have some important disadvantages that make their accomplishments particularly sweet.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000a740c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Corienne View Post
    Congrats Alch and crew on a fine accomplishment. Although the 'four hours' claim seems to be overselling it, as anyone in glff heard you going for 6-7 hours Friday night plus the 4 or so you mention Saturday.

Actually, if you look at who is on that list, one of the raiders is a HoE, who had access to the strategy discussion on our forums and who was also in vent while we worked on the strategy on Thursday. Coincidence?

I wasn't on when Alch's crew won the fight but apparently some of the raiders decided to use the opportunity to put down HoE. Is that really the status of the server? With a HoE present in the raid? Sad, really.

And lest this thread get derailed by negativity, let me say again, congrats to the Pug crew. Back in our Eq1 days, my husband and I were part of a server pug that accomplished a lot of firsts prior to the serious development of raiding guilds. Pugs have some advantages over raid kins but they also have some important disadvantages that make their accomplishments particularly sweet.
    Super awesome thread derail time?
    I'm an expert - look at my join date, bro.

w00tzorz. Thats some hawt dragon pwnage.
    Kerelas-Hunter,Kerebear-Reaver

Thanks for the grats.

Alch's 4hr comment isn't too off. I would actually say about 5 hrs of game time. There was alot of waiting to fill the last few spots and/or for new people to complete the quests to gain access to the raid.

Apparently the comment that the PUG beat HoE in putting Draigoch down first struck a nerve. Just because there was a HoE member present in the raid, does not mean they revealed any strategy to the PUG raid. You are making an assumption there. And let's say, we did gain some knowledge from the HoE member in beating the dragon. Does that bother you that much? I would hope that every member of a raid, whether it's PUG or kin raid, would contribute as best they can.

Perhaps CatManDoo said what he said, because HoE announced that they had beaten the challenge on GLFF but didn't hear anything about actually bringing down Draigoch.

As for some raiders putting down HoE, I cannot speak for them. I did not hear anything negative, except a few competitive remarks. But perhaps, the said HoE member in the raid should have stood up for HoE if anything was said that was out of line.

And before this thread fills with negativity as you say, I thank you for your congratulations.

EDIT- And, congratulations for HoE taking Draigoch down.
    Last edited by Kamikaze420; Oct 10 2011 at 04:37 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000d82ca/signature.png]Neroimus[/charsig]

Neroimus - 65 Warden : Neroi - 60 Guardian : Neroilas - 42 RK : Neroilon - 37 Hunter : Neroimon - 3x Captain : Ulchi - 3x Champ :

None of us put down HoE. And alch said 4 hours total. the other hours we were not inside the raid we were looking for people to fill the raid and that took a lot of time as people would join and leave 50% of the time we were trying to kill it. I'm sorry that HoE got put down in a negative way on this thread and none of the group of 12 that killed the dragon in alch's crew meant for this to put down HoE. I heard you guys got him down too and congrats on that! its a fun fight but very very long
    Elegost-1 Ancient of Days/Arkenstone

Congratulations on the server first. Healthy competition helps everyone.

I was the House of Elders member who announced in /glff that we had completed the server-first Challenge. In that announcement I made it clear that we had NOT yet taken down Draigoch. If you remember, a couple folks asked in /glff how that could be.

I did so despite the kin leader's opinion that I shouldn't because we hadn't beaten Draigoch and the raid leader's opinion that we should win before claiming a server first. Linwe and Lavi are smart, but I thought they were wrong. House of Elders had completed the Challenge, the deed showed complete, the titles were after our names, we had the relics in our inventory. It was a server first. I announced it.

But we only raid a few hours a night and a few nights a week and had to stop before we got Draigoch down. We got him down yesterday, the next time we raided.

Congratulations on the first Draigoch kill on the server. That it was a pug is exceptional.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000a740b/01008/signature.png]Mikor[/charsig]

Grats, I saw it was beaten when the symbol was on AH for 500g.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000dc2af/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

Wow i am surprised at how well mannered my pug members are versus this officer of HoE that feels they must crush our tiny epeens with theirs.

You have every right to question our raid times, our means of killing it and even justify your guys' own reasons for not killing it first, but realize the light it puts on you and ALL of HoE: that of a sore loser. I'm sorry to see someone of officer status behave so poorly in HoE considering its an often talked about topic when pugging raids, whether or not to join a raiding guild. Mikor was at least adult so I hold him in the highest regard, always have, so thank you mikor.

Your HoE member probably did contribute to the strategy considering it was raid-wide collaboration that crafted it, but to be honest I did 99% of the talking so they probably couldnt get a word in. I don't know who your HoE member was that was there, but there were also some Ancient of Days, few Para bellum, none of them are taking the kill so cynically. You should be taking your anger out on your HoE recruit for assisting us fill a spot in our raid after 4 hours advertising since they represent HoE and you have a say there, but please, dont attack a pug on the forums that took a whack at a new raid instead of farm raid skirms on a friday night
    Last edited by Alch57; Oct 10 2011 at 07:35 PM.
    [center][b][size=3]Alch - Willhealforloot - Fulmetal - Willstealyourloot[/size][/b]

[I][size=1][color=#3333]...you'll never know what it's like, spending your whole life in a dream...[/color][/size][/I][/center]

Ah, how I love drama in MMO's
    Oh, BTW, grats on the kill Alch. ... You're still a noob though.
    Aeirothir, Raic, Malthoras of Gladden
    Ascalion and Arcaeus of Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Miroz View Post
    Congratulations on the server first. Healthy competition helps everyone.

Congratulations on the first Draigoch kill on the server. That it was a pug is exceptional.
    You are aware theres been at least 4-5 kins that have already killed it...right? lol. This is probably the first PUG though as it's the only one I've ever seen shouted for.
    I'm an expert - look at my join date, bro.

This raid is so easy. Its not really anything to jump up and down about killing first.
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

I was in-game (but never in the raid) when the kill was announced, and the fact that a pug killed the dragon first was a tribute to both the design of the raid and the tenacity of the 12 people who went in together and finished it. Kudos to the participants on their win and to the dragon for so *graciously* giving up his life, his scales, his gold, and everything else.

Mikor, classy post. HoE has done many server firsts, and I can see the confusions that could have ensued from your statement and the other circumstances that may have not been known. Not to take anything away from HoE but it was fun to see the new raid fall first to a rag-tag band... okay, maybe rag-tag is overstated but people who don't play together day in and day out week after week with the expectations that go with being part of the kin.

Again, grats to all who participated. It was fun to hear about, exciting that it was done by a pug, and I look forward to seeing the inside soon myself.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Neiro and Hal, I appreciated your responses but I think you missed some glff comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Alch57 View Post
    Wow i am surprised at how well mannered my pug members are versus this officer of HoE that feels they must crush our tiny epeens with theirs.
    Alch, you personally started all this Friday night by bagging on HoE in glff. I ignored it. Then Saturday, more bagging on HoE in glff after the Draigoch kill. Then Sunday, someone else chimes in on this thread. Three days, 2 different outlets, started by you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alch57 View Post
    I don't know who your HoE member was that was there, but there were also some Ancient of Days, few Para bellum, none of them are taking the kill so cynically.
    AoD, PB and the other kins involved weren't attacked in glff, multiple times on multiple days. Get it?

If HoE hadn't been named multiple times, I would have been happy to offer my congrats. In fact, I still did. I'm not at all surprised someone beat us to Draigoch, as Mikor mentioned our raid schedule.

Melkor's Bane took down Draigoch this weekend too. Lucalin and co. had the class to enjoy their victory without disparaging others. Kudos to them.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000a740c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This thread makes me giggle irl.

PLEASE RESUME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

./popcorn
    ~ Nirrti-1 - R12 Min ~ Extenze R11 BA ~

Melkor's Bane took down Draigoch this weekend too. Lucalin and co. had the class to enjoy their victory without disparaging others. Kudos to them.
    I lol'd.

Grats on the kill!

Coincidence?
    Yes.

The HoE member that was in for the kill wasn't in when alch beat challenge, he joined the second round when they finally got the kill. I haven't personally beaten him yet, just the challenge, but from what I've heard of the last part of the fight after the challenge, if you were really worried about him sharing your super secret strat about the very end of the fight....rofl.

Alch's strat for the fight up through completing challenge was done without an HoE member present.

On a side note, i find it absolutely hilarious that you brought up an HoE member being there. Do you mean to contrast it to yourselves, who clearly had no outside help(read:totally had outside help)? Or are you simply being petty, and wish to detract from alch in whatever way you can?

You are aware theres been at least 4-5 kins that have already killed it...right?
    As far as I'm aware, the list is Alch+co, HoE, MB, and Eru+co, on gladden.
    Last edited by Malephor; Oct 11 2011 at 01:31 AM.

My comment was do to the fact HoE announced it in glff. And since HoE is the only 'Hardcore' Raiding Kin, I thought it deserved a gratz. And ppl gotta go blow up.... Sheesh
    [B][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Gladden[/SIZE]
    <Cmdr. Dolcarak><Lt. Cojiro>
    ~Leader of SotWH~[/COLOR][COLOR=blk]
    [/COLOR]

[/CENTER]

[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by catmandoo View Post
    my comment was do to the fact hoe announced it in glff. And since hoe is the only 'hardcore' raiding kin, i thought it deserved a gratz. And ppl gotta go blow up.... Sheesh
    pve is srs biznus

Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported-1 - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL

you pvp in lotro.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000a740b/01008/signature.png]Mikor[/charsig]

Congrats to every raid kin/group that's taken down Draigoch. I know everyone that's done it so far put many hours into the fight. Good work all and enjoy.
    [center][SIZE=3][COLOR="#00FFFF"]Perchelm ~ Minstrel
    Gladden[/COLOR][/SIZE][/center]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast