We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crafting Guild Advancement and Post-VIP status AKA Premium

Hey guys, I have a doubt about guilds:

I went VIP a couple of months ago. IIRC VIP unlocks crafting guild access on all the toons logged in during that time. I was able to hit kindred with weaponsmith guild with my cappy. On the other hand Idnd't bothered to level my rep with Tailor's guild with my ward, but wanna do so now. Would I be able to get to kindred now or would I need to buy the guild on store?

I'm a bit confused, so any help is appreciated

Re: Crafting Guild Advancement and Post-VIP status AKA Premium

VIP unlocks crafting guild advancement during VIP. This means that after you go premium you can finish the current tier of the guild, but you will need to unlock it if you want to advance to the next level of reputation.

For example, while being VIP you advance to half the rep of artisan of the guild, you drop to premium, you can finish that level, but you won't be able to start the next level of rep unless you buy it from the store (You will not be master of the guild -- or whatever the name for the next tier is). Thus you will have your artisan bar full and advance no more.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000184e62/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks for the answer, I was afraid that was so, guess I'll check the new guild recipes and decide if it's worth spend the points

No prob, also take into account that if you buy the unlock you won't be having any trouble with the guild at all.

For example I bought the unlock and got kindred with woodwork, with the new expansion a new guild level was introduced and since I bought the unlock from the store, this new level of rep is open for me regardless of VIP premium etc status.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000184e62/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by JuanD View Post
    Hey guys, I have a doubt about guilds:

I went VIP a couple of months ago. IIRC VIP unlocks crafting guild access on all the toons logged in during that time. I was able to hit kindred with weaponsmith guild with my cappy. On the other hand Idnd't bothered to level my rep with Tailor's guild with my ward, but wanna do so now. Would I be able to get to kindred now or would I need to buy the guild on store?

I'm a bit confused, so any help is appreciated
    What I'm interested in is what happens after I reach this "locked" state, because rep items remain consumable. Will the consumed reputation count after I resume my VIP or buy the craft guild from the store?

Further, I'm thinking whether it matters in what order you click those rep items, since some large rep item might get wasted on the threshold of the next tier... I will not be able to see what I'm doing until I unlock those crafting guilds one way or another. Any ideas?