We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Re: They buff creeps, and buff creeps and buff creeps...

Quote Originally Posted by Raiffe View Post
    Luc, I'm afraid I'm going to have to call this out. I've kept a mental track of your sightings for the past week, and the preponderance have been in areas where greenies or low-levels tend to quest. This only gives me the impression that what you consider a fair and honorable 1v1, is nothing more than a high-level very experienced DPS character going out and ganking lesser experienced, lesser leveled characters. Each time you post pointing a finger, stating you are getting ganked, airstriked, called out, or what not... 3 lowbie creep fingers point back at you saying the exact same thing.
    Eh, Luc has said this before and I'll echo him.

You find more higher ranks than greenie ranks at these 'quest' places. Of which, there are several......
    Landroval!
    Fellrotten - Rank 12 Battlemaster LM - Zero Stars. Survivor of the Barrow-Downs. Ivar's Champion. Embarassing Completionist
    Soccercake - 93 Dude Minstrel
    Mulieribus - 93 Dorf Champion
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

I haven't seen Luc solo all week and I have been involved in the assassination of Luc at least 8 times in that week where he was running with others... 3 of those times were to help a solo creep out.

Sars 'Fights you Solo, Fights you Grouped, he don't care as long as you die' Out
    [CENTER][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=3][B]~ Sars... The Creeples Champion! ~
    Pouncing Pwny[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Saw Luc running around with several other Freeps the other day and "soloing" players while questing, what a hero.
    Last edited by Turyen; Oct 25 2011 at 07:45 AM.

I can't seem to find anywhere in this post where Luc said he only solos. I do see posts where he has issues with what he runs into when he solos. But, for some reason, there seem to be some muppets that keep saying "I saw him at x or y and he wasn't solo".
    Alaster
    Sune
    Sinstar
    Sinistar

As for groups coming after you... It really doesn't happen.
    Yes it does. Every time I've played creepside and Luc has been out he's called out far more than any other soloer I know. I know people who just stalk him simply for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Radardog View Post
    And I can attest, on creep side, I have personally seen creep groups purposely follow and hunt down Luc.
    ~~~~~

If Luc would just out and say, hey I'm trying to get to Rank 15 and I'm going to annhilate any creep in my path rank 15 or rank 0, inside OC or killing slugs, in rain and in snow, uphill both ways... I would totally applaud him.
    Maybe you would; in general the only freep that creeps like is the freep that dies a lot and doesn't kill them much. The same is true for the other side.

See: Threads praising various freeps and creeps for charging and being aggressive (read: dying) often.

Quote Originally Posted by Turyen View Post
    Saw Luc running around with several other Freeps the other day and "soloing" players while questing, what a hero.
    The fallacy in your logic is quite pronounced.
    Last edited by Jamers; Oct 25 2011 at 10:11 AM.
    Shyma, formerly Shima
    Bashel

Quote Originally Posted by whitefox1313 View Post
    Got ganked by Mr *Honorable Soloer* himself at NW TA norbogs. Yup, he courageously charged me from behind with 3 others *soloers* while i was still fighting my last norbugs. All this is, i am sure, perfectly compatible with his personnal notion of honor...as long as he win...
    I was riding along the north ridge from east to west. As I typically do I swept down south to the tip of the ridge overlooking the norbogs. I visually scan the norbogs on the opposing shore (the 4 or so that are on TA proper land) while tabbing repeatedly with my ring finger for targets below. You came up. You were at about 9200 morale with no hots on you, I think there were two norbogs aggroed at that time.

I checked my cooldowns (knowing FULL well that a reasonably played Defiler can put down blight and stand still and I STILL need to be lucky to be able to out dps their healing before I'm dead)...anyhow, I checked my cooldowns and was looking good so I began my strafe down across the top of the ridge. Note: I was fully visible to anyone down where you were at this time, but I weighed that against being close enough to confirm you were alone as worth it. ANY ranked defiler + ANY creep...even a R0 = death for me if they aren't dumb.

So, Cooldowns = check, dangerous fight = check. Can't WAIT.

I come down the hill and burn my sprint AND CB and start in on you, then wham I see the freeps attacking you too.

I was at no time with them. I at no time prior to blowing 2 cooldowns AND engaging you aware of their presense. Sucked to be you.

This is a result of open PvMP. This, even when it happens to me, is something you will NEVER see me complain about. (exception: burgs/wargs that camp near common movement paths and only jump in when another visible class engages).

But I'm sure just BEING up on that north ridge I'll be accused of looking to "GANK HELPLESS NEWBIES" right? Because ONLY greenies need to kill Norbogs. Right?

Come on.

As for all the other junk. I'll post another with the appropriate quotes I'm responding to.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Luc, I'm afraid I'm going to have to call this out. I've kept a mental track of your sightings for the past week, and the preponderance have been in areas where greenies or low-levels tend to quest. .
    If it's ONLY greenies and low-levels (who btw depending on the class, and how many skills they've bought are EXTREMELY deadly to me now) then how did you see me? Furthermore, if you DID see me, and you just HAPPENED to be the only, sole exception to this amazing rule you have about ONLY greenies and low-levels being in these places, then why didn't you engage me EVERY TIME, first?

Your witnessing me being there is proof contrary to your statements.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

If Luc would just out and say, hey I'm trying to get to Rank 15 and I'm going to annhilate any creep in my path rank 15 or rank 0, inside OC or killing slugs, in rain and in snow, uphill both ways... I would totally applaud him.
    I am trying to a> get R15 and b> have fun, challenging gameplay while doing it (lets face it folks if all I wanted was R15 I could install a F2P account or 12 on another PC and just farm myself for 8 hours a day) AND I will annihilate ANY creep in my path rank 15 or 0, anywhere, anytime. Instead I have an abyssmal renown/hour played compared to those who sit in the raids and zerg back and forth across stab all day.

Furthermore, I will reserve the right to not engage in fights I deem senseless EITHER way...either I am 100% positive of victory or 100% positive of defeat (i.e. an extremely high reaver when all my cooldowns are blown or a greenie covered in hobbits)

My ENTIRE point in this thread was that other players are choosing to not engage UNLESS they are 100% positive of victory, often. This is most commonly seen from the HIGHEST ranked creeps.

I've had more solid low rank creep fights in the past week (I was on vacation last week- so I logged an epic amount of time) than I got from R9+ creeps.

Why?

Often the Ranked creeps run away. Stand in NPCs. Call out for help. Run in zergs when there is NO equivalent force of freeps on the map. Etc etc etc etc...

And since you're so clearly hung up on Grams let me address Grams.

1> It is the single MOST hostile location for ANY freep to fight due to aggro mob proximity, one shot proximity, and 1 minute cooldown map in proximity to EVERY creep on the map.

2> I call complete and utter BS that "greenie" creeps are just helpless renown sacks that you paint them to be. Try playing as a melee class who is VISIBLE 100% of the time, who has ZERO BPE, and who needs to burn his ONE escape skill just to engage in a fight and see how that all works out for you.

3> I addressed this already but it bears repeating. Not only greenies are near Grams. In fact, I would bet anything that the prevailing % of creeps at and around that area at any given time are significantly ranked.

4> Last but not least. High rank wargs LOVE to gank from the slugpits. I explode up there more often than not just from those situations.

It is a TERRIBLE place to go as a visible class. TERRIBLE. Why do I ride by? Because there are often ZERO creeps moving around the map solo.

Literally EVERY day I played last week I spent at minimum 2 hours EACH day, not even seeing creeps. Zero. It's a desperate search for someone who refuses to just enter the moors and spam /ooc RAID INVITE PLEASE.

Do I exclusively solo? Nope. Do I get "seen" when I'm in groups FAR more than when I'm solo. Of course. But I can honestly say I spend well over 80% (it's likely over 90 or even 95% but I'm being conservative) ungrouped and outside of the draw distance of ANY freeps.

I occasionally run with Lee, or Cel and Ech. I tend to want to be involved during keep takes and defenses- often because just one more champ can make a wipe a victory, and for the most part I join the prevailing group at those times (although there are some raid leaders I just can't stomach...and some players even that I just can't stand being grouped with). When I can't/won't, I try to take support roles and call things out hold chokepoints, or just be mobile and only focus on big targets when they require dps application.

---

I'm not "honorable". But I do try to be competative and put up a good fight when I can. What I'm specifically calling out in this thread is the idea that there are a reasonable number of players (on BOTH sides) who don't want to risk ANYTHING. They see the points > the fight. They see not losing as > winning. And it's a sad way to play. It makes things un-fun for everyone else.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Jamers View Post
    Yes it does. Every time I've played creepside and Luc has been out he's called out far more than any other soloer I know. I know people who just stalk him simply for fun.

~~~~~
    Again, Mirror was called more than any Freep on this server, I was there, you were there. Luc is going to have to work a lot harder if he wants to wear that tag.

Maybe you would; in general the only freep that creeps like is the freep that dies a lot and doesn't kill them much. The same is true for the other side.

See: Threads praising various freeps and creeps for charging and being aggressive (read: dying) often.

The fallacy in your logic is quite pronounced.
    If Luc gets smacked while he is soloing (read playing the game) and finds out he doesn't like what just happened he needs to grow a pair and play differently (read:finding a partner more than once in a while) also (read staying alive).

We all take our smacks, sometimes we DO complain but as many have said Luc draws alot of negative attention from these forums which carries onto the battlefield. If he never realizes or accepts this, well then things probably won't change for him against a living breathing opponent. There are still posts (see old posts) floating around out there where Creeps including myself from YEARS gone by have read his posts and replied with encouraging words, after awhile any rational thinking person would give up trying and the result is what you are seeing now, I would think this would happen to any other player after time, not just because you are Luc.
    [Color=yellow] ~Hacked, Blackarrow designed by Turbine with the dartboard philosophy and proud member of Mongers[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post

But I'm sure just BEING up on that north ridge I'll be accused of looking to "GANK HELPLESS NEWBIES" right? Because ONLY greenies need to kill Norbogs. Right?

Come on.
    I don't have any norbog killing statistics, but certainly (at least prior to quest infamy) there was no reason for a creep with his TA maps and plenty of DP to kill norbogs. They don't drop money, and there are easier ways to keep up the DP stream. And even now that you can get infamy from the quests, there are still easier ways to get quest infamy.

I personally don't have a problem with you looking for newbies. I wish there were some freep newbies doing quests for me to kill. I'm just saying that your statement is more accurate than you seem to think.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000ab032/signature.png]Toothless[/charsig]
    *Also appearing as a hobbit named Pasquitan*

Hey you know what it's called PvMP for a reason that is Player versus Monster Player. There is no set rules or guidelines so anything goes, So if you cannot take being jumped by more than 1 player at a time while you're solo then start travelling with a partner or do not play in the ettenmoors. Just reading over this post makes me think i wandered into a playschool rant or something. MMOOOMMM he took my toy and it was my favorite toy *Whine and cry*. I will give you the best advice anyone ever gave me if you keep losing then change your strategy and get better til they lose.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208010000203bc3/signature.png]Omegarat[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Jhawke27 View Post
    I will give you the best advice anyone ever gave me if you keep losing then change your strategy and get better til they lose.
    I think that concept was shortened to "L2P" at some point...
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000008caad/signature.png]Tarbosh[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

L2P? I tried that once, didn't agree with me, so went back to just running around and hitting random buttons. Needless to say, it's never worked too well either

There's a decent number of dinner.. (cough) urm, Freepsies running around now, so methinks time to stop soloing and get the Wargie Pack of Fluffy Death out for relentless, barbaric nomming.

AarroooOOOOoooo!

Love & Hugs

Fluffy Hithy
    Hithdraug - Former Suicidal Warg Squad

If I had a penny for every child I ran over - I could maybe afford car insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Sujae View Post
    Again, Mirror was called more than any Freep on this server, I was there, you were there. Luc is going to have to work a lot harder if he wants to wear that tag.
    Absolutely. But Mirror hasn't played in how long? Luc is actively hunted, and anyone who denies that is either ignorant of how some people feel about him or isn't being objective.

If Luc gets smacked while he is soloing (read playing the game) and finds out he doesn't like what just happened he needs to grow a pair and play differently (read:finding a partner more than once in a while) also (read staying alive).

We all take our smacks, sometimes we DO complain but as many have said Luc draws alot of negative attention from these forums which carries onto the battlefield. If he never realizes or accepts this, well then things probably won't change for him against a living breathing opponent. There are still posts (see old posts) floating around out there where Creeps including myself from YEARS gone by have read his posts and replied with encouraging words, after awhile any rational thinking person would give up trying and the result is what you are seeing now, I would think this would happen to any other player after time, not just because you are Luc.
    Agreed on his posts drawing extra attention. No argument from me. His points on people on this server running from fights frequently remain salient, however.
    Shyma, formerly Shima
    Bashel

Maybe ranked creeps run away from Luc because they don't want to end up as a character in his novels? I dunno, I see ranked creeps all the time and they never do me the favor of running away
    Kynji

Absolutely. But Mirror hasn't played in how long? Luc is actively hunted, and anyone who denies that is either ignorant of how some people feel about him or isn't being objective.
    Luc is actively hunted because he ACTIVELY hunts, just like many of our other players out there. The difference is they dont bring it to these forums unless they want to taunt out more fights, so call me ignorant AND not objective if you want to, I dont really care, points being made are just that, not a dreamy story of how things are seen thru just one players eyes.

My comment regarding Mirror is just to say that Luc is not the most called out on this server, its a fact.

Agreed on his posts drawing extra attention. No argument from me. His points on people on this server running from fights frequently remain salient, however.
    I've run from fights, does that make me bad? I really cannot say whether I will again but if my name ever shows up on Luc's post I'm going to laugh at him.
    [Color=yellow] ~Hacked, Blackarrow designed by Turbine with the dartboard philosophy and proud member of Mongers[/color]

Luc is RARELY called out. "Luc at slugs" a few times a day is hardly being called out that much imo.

The most called out freep on the server is "freep(s)".

"freep(s) at GTA"
    "freep(s) at grams"
    "freep(s) a BB"
    "freep(s) at SOP"

Etc, etc...
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000008caad/signature.png]Tarbosh[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

My comment regarding Mirror is just to say that Luc is not the most called out on this server, its a fact.
    You're clouding the issue. It's not whether Luc is the most hunted freep, it's whether or not he's targeted above a typical player, and he is.

I've run from fights, does that make me bad?
    No, but if more players would stick around in different fight dynamics, perhaps they would get better at soloing, or surviving an unexpected attack, or what have you.

It's a situation where the majority of players are comfortable doing one thing, and as soon as they're brought outside of that comfort zone they retreat to a position whereby they can re-engage within their comfort zone. That is hardly dynamic. It's ironic that many people are telling Luc to adapt, when the key thrust of the argument the opposite way is that these players who run don't adapt, they rigidly stick to their rules of engagement.

I'd say 75% of my solo fights on the server, playing both creep and freep, have been spent chasing the opponent because they choose no other option than simply running. The OP's point is that the class dynamics don't support how readily people choose to flee engagements, and I agree. I have yet to see anyone satisfactorily debate that point.
    Shyma, formerly Shima
    Bashel

I can always count on you to apply the "Luc deserves it because he posts on the forums" argument. Real classy. <eyeroll>

Quote Originally Posted by Jhawke27 View Post
    Hey you know what it's called PvMP for a reason that is Player versus Monster Player. There is no set rules or guidelines so anything goes, So if you cannot take being jumped by more than 1 player at a time while you're solo then start travelling with a partner or do not play in the ettenmoors. Just reading over this post makes me think i wandered into a playschool rant or something. MMOOOMMM he took my toy and it was my favorite toy *Whine and cry*. I will give you the best advice anyone ever gave me if you keep losing then change your strategy and get better til they lose.
    This post was specifically about creeps NOT bringing it. It was sidetracked into talking about getting ganked and swarmed.

You can say "anything goes" all you want. But the reality is there ARE behaviours that are un-fun and not condusive to having competative and engaging play. Should Turbine implement mechanics that deincentivize these behaviours? Absolutely. But in absense of any input from Turbine WE the player base need to act like people who are playing a GAME and not like terrorists who would prefer to see their opponents rotting in a ditch.

I want gameplay to be MORE fun. For me, and for ANYONE who isn't driven to play in a way that ruins other people's fun. I'm not sure why that's such a problem for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic View Post
    Luc is RARELY called out. "Luc at slugs" a few times a day is hardly being called out that much imo.

The most called out freep on the server is "freep(s)".

"freep(s) at GTA"
    "freep(s) at grams"
    "freep(s) a BB"
    "freep(s) at SOP"

Etc, etc...
    You're talking about open channels. I have personally been sent dozens of mails bragging about how certain players have hunted me, spam tracked me, called out to their kin to zerg me, calling me names that should have resulted in bans etc etc etc.

You don't know the HALF of the harrassment that occurs on this server. Your swarm and zerg is nothing compared to those who actively and aggressively grief others.

I can't even count the days where I'll see a creep get swarmed by mapins, then 5 minutes later see one of those mapins and get swarmed by the mapins and the original creep, mix repeat over and over and over. Those are players actively using stealth, track, and maps to grief a known solo entity.

ALL
    THE
    TIME.

but yeah, I deserve it, because I post on the forums...right?
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    You're talking about open channels. I have personally been sent dozens of mails bragging about how certain players have hunted me, spam tracked me, called out to their kin to zerg me, calling me names that should have resulted in bans etc etc etc.

You don't know the HALF of the harrassment that occurs on this server. Your swarm and zerg is nothing compared to those who actively and aggressively grief others.

I can't even count the days where I'll see a creep get swarmed by mapins, then 5 minutes later see one of those mapins and get swarmed by the mapins and the original creep, mix repeat over and over and over. Those are players actively using stealth, track, and maps to grief a known solo entity.

ALL
    THE
    TIME.

but yeah, I deserve it, because I post on the forums...right?

Well, if you keep farming greenies at questing hubs, then yeah, youll get hated and hunted overtime.

Its not because you are posting in the forums, its a normal *aggressive* reaction from people tired to lose from an unfair fight.

No conspiracy here.
    Last edited by whitefox1313; Oct 25 2011 at 02:24 PM.

Chieftain Biohazaard - Rank 12 Defiler Landroval
    Arakys Warhym - Rank 7 Minstrel Landroval

21. Oct 25 2011, 02:17 PM

There is a person in this very thread who took the time to make an animated video about Luc...as well as others, and post them on YouTube.

Talk about obsessed
    [Retired 2012] ** R13 Minstrel ** Guardians of the Dagorlad ** Jaiyne <3

23. Oct 25 2011, 02:33 PM

Reason
    trolling

Group hug anyone? The key to griefing is not letting the griefer know he (she) is causing you grief. One surefire way of protecting yourself from future griefing...roll a burg. We're grief proof.
    Alaster
    Sune
    Sinstar
    Sinistar

Looks like nobody is interested in really getting into any kind of meaningful debate, which is a shame. Maybe next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Reichpapers View Post
    Group hug anyone? The key to griefing is not letting the griefer know he (she) is causing you grief. One surefire way of protecting yourself from future griefing...roll a burg. We're grief proof.
    QFT. Laugh and Go! ​is permanently toggled.
    Last edited by Jamers; Oct 25 2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: spelling
    Shyma, formerly Shima
    Bashel

If it were Lee, he could just post under his own account. However I am sitting in a rather boring meeting and found your post ironic considering. Normally I ignore the blatant baiting and passive aggressive stuff but I mean dude, whatever it was that happened years ago - can't you just move on? I mean seriously lol.
    [Retired 2012] ** R13 Minstrel ** Guardians of the Dagorlad ** Jaiyne <3

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianrial View Post
    If it were Lee, he could just post under his own account. However I am sitting in a rather boring meeting and found your post ironic considering. Normally I ignore the blatant baiting and passive aggressive stuff but I mean dude, whatever it was that happened years ago - can't you just move on? I mean seriously lol.
    Do you even realize how obvious you are?
    [/CENTER]

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast