We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How much crit is enough?

[color=cyan]Ryswald[/color] - 75 Burglar - Revelations - Rank 9 (pre-book 12 rank 6)
    [color=orange]Ragluk[/color] - 75 Stalker - Rank 6
    [color=grey]65 Hunter R5, 61 Loremaster, 48 Champion, 33 WRD, 33 RK, Rank 4 Weaver, Rank 6 Reaver[/color]
    [i]Firefoot Server[/i]

2. Oct 24 2011, 09:53 PM

Re: How much crit is enough?

i dont think there is ever enough and if ther was it would be something like 100% :P 50% dev that is all im asking turbine...

lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftstrike View Post
    How much offense do you have?
    ya bish

My melee damage has been as high as 67%ish and crit chance around 20%. Now i also lowered it for more moral and at 55% melee and 17% crits im not noticing a huge difference in fact very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftstrike View Post

Enough crit rating? There's no such thing ^^

I see you've got Baingrist (and that they've fixed the bugs with it - never managed to get my hands on one, sadly) looking nice. (quick question: does using the Baingrist clicky break your stealth?)
    I assume this is with cappy and mini buffs? And if so then I'll assume you've gone for the 'true' relics rather than the straight crit stuff? I've managed to get my crit to 22,9 or smt and the dev crit to 9,3 but ofc that's fully buffed and with all my focus being on crit - and still missing a lot of gear.

I'm curious as to how the crit/dev crit ratios work now... I'm sure it used to be roughly 3/1 before RoI - did they change the ratings again? It seems that the dev crit rate is upped a lot more, the more you stack the rating... Or maybe that's just me... Anyone know?

The beauty of this latest expansion though is that players have to make more deliberate choices now concerning what gear they wear. There's no more 'one build to rule them all'. You want agilty or crit rating? Then it comes at the expense of morale and other stuff. Full morale? Watch your agility disappear. Icpr? That's gonna cost a bit as well... I like it...

Ofc then the question of the 'perfect build' pops up again since many of us seem to be perfectionists... For pve my idea is to go all out on agility/crit and make up for the losses with power pots and deaths The way I see it: being squishy adds a lot more fun/challenge to the current content (easy way to spice up the tedious skirmish grind...) and since there's barely any penalty for dying you might as well see how far you can go in terms of dmg
    For pvp that's a whole different story ofc - stack morale while trying to keep the other things in balance... Happy days
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/23221000000020110/signature.png]Gilias[/charsig]

Already asking it myself... I have about 20k melee offense and about 17,5% critchance @ 6600 morale in PVE, unbuffed. Think i could easily reach 21% unbuffed but i would have to sacrifice a lot of morale. I really don't care about morale in pve though... in PVP however, im using a way more balanced setup.

I think 20% unbuffed critchance and 20k+ mo is the way to go...
    Burglar since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilias View Post
    does using the Baingrist clicky break your stealth?
    it does not. it was the first thing i tried when i got it

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyna View Post
    it does not. it was the first thing i tried when i got it
    Thanks - now I want it even more
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/23221000000020110/signature.png]Gilias[/charsig]

crit isn't always the big deal people make out...

yes, in the moors or in certain encounters it's important because it helps greatly increase dps (crit > offense at about a 2-to-1 ratio), but in a lot of encounters there are much more important things - like likelihood of actually hitting (finesse), survivability (morale/defence), or length of time you can keep up the dps (icpr). So yeah, 22% crit chance is really impressive (25% is max), but it's still situational, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Reillan View Post
    crit isn't always the big deal people make out...

yes, in the moors or in certain encounters it's important because it helps greatly increase dps (crit > offense at about a 2-to-1 ratio), but in a lot of encounters there are much more important things - like likelihood of actually hitting (finesse), survivability (morale/defence), or length of time you can keep up the dps (icpr). So yeah, 22% crit chance is really impressive (25% is max), but it's still situational, sadly.
    Draigoch which is our "main" raid atm you don't need finesse at all and the more crit there the better. I'm actually getting around 40% crit output in there when running with 2 burglars doing CD.
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

I'm curious as to how the crit/dev crit ratios work now... I'm sure it used to be roughly 3/1 before RoI - did they change the ratings again? It seems that the dev crit rate is upped a lot more, the more you stack the rating... Or maybe that's just me... Anyone know?
    It was never 3:1, although that was a close approximation.

Devastating critical percentage = rating / (1330 * level + rating), caps at 10%.

Critical percentage = rating / (1190 / 3 * level + rating), from a rating of 0 through 70 * level, and = (rating - 70 * level) / ( 2380 / 3 * level + (rating - 70 * level)) + 0.15, from a rating of 70 * level upwards. Caps at 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by moebius92 View Post
    It was never 3:1, although that was a close approximation.

Devastating critical percentage = rating / (1330 * level + rating), caps at 10%.

Critical percentage = rating / (1190 / 3 * level + rating), from a rating of 0 through 70 * level, and = (rating - 70 * level) / ( 2380 / 3 * level + (rating - 70 * level)) + 0.15, from a rating of 70 * level upwards. Caps at 25%.
    Ah cool thanks - so does that mean you'll get 10% dev crit at the exact same rating that gives you 25% crit? Or is it not that cunningly made... (too lazy to work out the numbers atm sorry )

Ah cool thanks - so does that mean you'll get 10% dev crit at the exact same rating that gives you 25% crit? Or is it not that cunningly made... (too lazy to work out the numbers atm sorry )
    No. It was designed around different points. 5%/15%, actually.

70 * level = 5% dev, 15% crit
    147.78 * level = 10% dev, 23.9% crit
    158.15 * level = 10% dev, 25% crit