We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Has anything replaces Alt-Inventory?

Has anything replaces Alt-Inventory? This one was broken with a patch and have not seen it repair. Has anything replaced it?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001111ac/01000/signature.png]Luteman[/charsig]

Re: Has anything replaces Alt-Inventory?

**EDIT**
    Never mind. I did a quick google search and realized you are referring to a LUA script plugin. Serves me right for not looking at which forum the my.lotro home page is sending me to when I click on a topic. I don't use scripts so I can't help you with this one. I suggest you google the script and see if you can find the author to contact them directly.
    **end edit**

Would you clarify this please? I am a founder who has played this game since beta and have no idea what you mean by alt-inventory. If you explain the feature you're looking for maybe we can be of more help to you.

Grendl
    Last edited by Grendl; Nov 10 2011 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grendl View Post
    Would you clarify this please? I am a founder who has played this game since beta and have no idea what you mean by alt-inventory. If you explain the feature you're looking for maybe we can be of more help to you.

Grendl
    The OP is probably talking about http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...Inventory.html ; and ROI having broken something..

I dont know of a replacement though, sorry. Your best bet is to monitor that site.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

As mentioned by Crell_1,the plugin download page is located at http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...Inventory.html and is the best source of information regarding the plugin status and potential updates. I'm not sure what bug the OP is referring to unless he is referring to the crash to desktop issue which is not an AltInventory bug, but rather a problem in the Lua environment (any client crash in a managed environment is by definition a bug in the environment even though Lua authors try to find workarounds). The crashes seem to be related to executing the "/plugins refresh" command (or the PluginManagers:RefreshAvailabl ePlugins() method) followed by mounting a horse or in some cases changing zones. Multiple bug reports have been submitted to Turbine, but anyone who experiences these bugs, especially if they can be easily reproduced by following a distinct set of actions is encouraged to submit this information in a bug report (in-game) to Turbine. The more information they get, the quicker they can fix it.

AltInventory is undergoing some significant changes and the update won't be available until after MoorMap gets it's update. The existing AltInventory should work as long as you don't use "/plugins refresh" or any plugin managers that automatically refresh plugins (Turbine introduced a bug that is causing crashes to desktop when refreshing plugins and then mounting a horse and in some cases changing zones - this affects many plugins, not just AltInventory). There is still a bug in the underlying backpack object that is causing "ghost" items to appear (which affects all bag plugins) and while annoying, unloading and reloading the plugin will clear them until Turbine gets around to fixing the backpack object. The only known bug that is actually part of AltInventory's code has to do with incorrect quantities on the "All" item tracking page - the source of this bug has been identified and the fix should be included in the upcomming update.
    Last edited by Garan; Nov 10 2011 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    The crashes seem to be related to executing the "/plugins refresh" command (or the PluginManagers:RefreshAvailabl ePlugins() method) followed by mounting a horse or in some cases changing zones.
    Ahhh.. Perhaps this explains some client crashes I've been experiencing while coding a new plugin. I use /plugins refresh occasionally when coding. That or I've written some dodgy stuff, but hopefully not.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins
    Kinship Revamp Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    Ahhh.. Perhaps this explains some client crashes I've been experiencing while coding a new plugin. I use /plugins refresh occasionally when coding. That or I've written some dodgy stuff, but hopefully not.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you should only ever have to type "/plugins refresh" if you add/edit the .plugin file (which you should only have to do once or twice) without restarting LOTRO.

That said, I haven't noticed /plugins refresh causing any crashes for me.
    [B]Elendilmir - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evenwyn[/COLOR][/B] Burglar[B] - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evendale[/COLOR][/B] Guardian
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][B]Combat Analysis[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2]([B]v4.2.3b[/B]) - [/SIZE][/FONT]Download "[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info502-CombatAnalysis.html"]here[/URL]"

The existing AltInventory should work as long as you don't use "/plugins refresh" or any plugin managers that automatically refresh plugins (Turbine introduced a bug that is causing crashes to desktop when refreshing plugins and then mounting a horse and in some cases changing zones - this affects many plugins, not just AltInventory).
    That's interesting ever since RoR launched the client would crash whenever I logged a char out (including starting session play) and turning off alt inventory stoped the crashes. Tried it again today to check whether it was fixed but doesn't seem so.

I didn't use /plugins refresh either. Nor do I use many plugins at all. My hunter was the only one using another one all the time and that was for travel skills. Still, I'd be opening or closing vault or shared storage or simply logging in to a character with alt inventory on and I'd crash. I still occasionally crash when going in and out of doors, but I have been waiting for an alt inventory update to try again and have not been using it. I don't know if it is all the extra features or data it pulls...I don't know anything about it, but the problems when trading with other characters, opening and closing shared storage and personal vault all ended when deleting the alt inventory plugin. It may not have been the only cause, but it had to have been a factor in my case. I don't doubt it was Turbines fault, because the instances increased exponentially after RoR was released. For my computer, not using the plugin has worked, but Alt Inventory was one of the things I used on every character every single time. Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by fusei View Post
    That's interesting ever since RoR launched the client would crash whenever I logged a char out (including starting session play) and turning off alt inventory stoped the crashes. Tried it again today to check whether it was fixed but doesn't seem so.
    I have a friend with a similar issue, but it doesn't affect me. the main difference seems to be the amount of RAM on the client system (I have 8 gb).

Saelyth is not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by Magol View Post
    While KikiInventory doesn't crash, it isn't always accurate. The inventory frequently doesn't refresh when quantities change and there is a significant flaw in the vault/shared storage handling. For instance, try moving a half stack of 50 travelling rations to the vault and then move an additional 60 travelling rations and see what happens when the existing vault quantity overflows - merging a full stack doesn't have this issue as the stack gets replaced rather than changed.

Anyway, AltInventory ver 3.0 is progressing nicely and should be available Soon™. The data handling is complete and the interface is nearly complete.

While KikiInventory doesn't crash, it isn't always accurate. The inventory frequently doesn't refresh when quantities change and there is a significant flaw in the vault/shared storage handling. For instance, try moving a half stack of 50 travelling rations to the vault and then move an additional 60 travelling rations and see what happens when the existing vault quantity overflows - merging a full stack doesn't have this issue as the stack gets replaced rather than changed.

Anyway, AltInventory ver 3.0 is progressing nicely and should be available Soon™. The data handling is complete and the interface is nearly complete.
    Been using kiki myself, might change back to altinventory after that bit on information and knowing that it does actually work with RoR.

Thanks for the info!

The key to the KikiInventory plugin for me IS that it doesn't crash the game. It is that part of the AltInventory plugin and that part alone that made me stop using it. There were many great bells and whistles on the AltInventory plugin, but it absolutely cannot cause me to crash at all for it to be useful. I'm glad to hear a new version is being worked on, but not crashing the client is the single most important thing, even greater than accurate numbers, to be honest. It was a great tool to find out which character had what items (assuming that a person organizes their "mules" by item types, as I do) to prevent multiple login and logouts, ESPECIALLY that it takes almost 5 minutes to log into my level 85 characters and less than 30 seconds to the lower level ones.

For what it's worth, I'm using AltInventory 2.11.c with "no problems."

I happen to be configured with 3 accounts, and a total of 15 toons across them all... and all point to a single set of data files. (via symlinks). Using this setup across both the MacClient and the Windows client (in CrossOver), and both clients use the same data files.

The only "problem" I see is the constant issue of a 32-bit client blowing out it's 4GB memory space.

Yes, I can "over use" AltInventory as well as the other things such as "swift travel," NPC Interaction, Vault access, Session Play, and running around Rohan, which all precipitate this 32-bit memory leak problem ... but until Turbine fixes the 32-bit client problem (smirk, smirk) I have learned to live with the maximum of of about 90 minutes of game play before a crash.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)