We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Finally Friday Coffee, now with COFFEE!

I thought I'd hijack the Coffee Crew's daily thread for a little something that might make you all happy. A little something to look forward to in Update 5.

Happy 11/11/11!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4405191...in/photostream

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sapience; Nov 11 2011 at 10:11 AM.

Re: Finally Friday Coffe, now with COFFEE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I thought I'd hijack the Coffee Crew's daily thread for a little something that might make you all happy. A little something to look forward to in Update 5.

Happy 11/11/11!

You know what Sapience. I think you have just officially won the "I'm awesome" button for the day.
    ~ Sylexis Relsicil of Rohan ~
    Craft for a discount at my house ~ 2 Long Street ~ Starkglen ~ Breeland Homesteads
    (Farmland behind the house at 4 Fountain Street ~ Starkglen)

Good morning all. I'm sorry I've been absent, my father was visiting and I've managed to get sick again.

Physical therapy is going ok, though I definitely need to invest more time in doing my workouts at home, I need this problem fixed asap, not eventually.

The visit from my father turned out extremely well, though it was still a bit surreal since he hasn't ever visited before, we went a whole weekend without ever disagreeing once, it was quite peaceful.

The SCA event was pretty fun, minus someone's car catching on fire in the parking lot. The fireman must have looked at us like we were crazy, a bunch of folks dressed up in all sorts of medieval costumes, camping in medieval tents, and putting car fires out before they get there. :P

The evenings Persian revel was something to experience though, from the drummers to the bonfire to the apple cider and hookah tent. Someone found the couple who's car caught on fire and had them both propped up on comfy pillows sipping expensive scotch and enjoying cigars, they certainly made sure that they wouldn't have to worry about the problem until the weekend was over.

All in all my new hobbies have been interesting and keeping me busy. I need to hurry up and get over being sick so I can continue training for the 5k on thanksgiving morning.

/chickensoup
    /coffee
    ~ Sylexis Relsicil of Rohan ~
    Craft for a discount at my house ~ 2 Long Street ~ Starkglen ~ Breeland Homesteads
    (Farmland behind the house at 4 Fountain Street ~ Starkglen)

Good Morning!

Sapience, you have made my day. You may tell whoever came up with 'Second Breakfast Blend' that this coffee fiend approves.

Sylexis,
    I wondered where you went. I'm glad you had a good visit with your Father and I hope that shoulder gets better rapidly if not faster. I have other friends (up north) in SCA and it sounds like a lot of work but a lot of fun too.

I'm doing well. A lot to do but I'll get what I can done. I may attempt to add the third night of zumba to my week after Thanksgiving. Next week Thursday is anniversary #32 and although we have plans for Friday, I can't see leaving the other half home alone.

*Hugs and Muffins and Second Breakfast Blend or Tea as you prefer.*
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000002af3e/01008/signature.png]Faythe[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=yellow]"I don't need a life thank-you, I have plenty now."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Happy 11/11/11!

Wow,..just wow..

Are we allowed to give Mods Rep!?

How can we Not always have a stack of these in our inventory now!? Sorry Focus pots.,.yer outta there!

Thanks for sharing, Sap! It's the little things, right!

Oh yeah,..and it's pretty cool that you'd open up the Coffee thread, it's only fitting with news such as that!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylexis View Post

The visit from my father turned out extremely well, though it was still a bit surreal since he hasn't ever visited before, we went a whole weekend without ever disagreeing once, it was quite peaceful.

The SCA event was pretty fun, minus someone's car catching on fire in the parking lot. The fireman must have looked at us like we were crazy, a bunch of folks dressed up in all sorts of medieval costumes, camping in medieval tents, and putting car fires out before they get there. :P

The evenings Persian revel was something to experience though, from the drummers to the bonfire to the apple cider and hookah tent. Someone found the couple who's car caught on fire and had them both propped up on comfy pillows sipping expensive scotch and enjoying cigars, they certainly made sure that they wouldn't have to worry about the problem until the weekend was over.

All in all my new hobbies have been interesting and keeping me busy. I need to hurry up and get over being sick so I can continue training for the 5k on thanksgiving morning.

/chickensoup
    /coffee
    Burning Cars in Medievil times!
    now that's a party!

woot,.gahah,.meetings!

brb all

-Welby

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    Good Morning!

Sapience, you have made my day. You may tell whoever came up with 'Second Breakfast Blend' that this coffee fiend approves.

Sylexis,
    I wondered where you went. I'm glad you had a good visit with your Father and I hope that shoulder gets better rapidly if not faster. I have other friends (up north) in SCA and it sounds like a lot of work but a lot of fun too.

I'm doing well. A lot to do but I'll get what I can done. I may attempt to add the third night of zumba to my week after Thanksgiving. Next week Thursday is anniversary #32 and although we have plans for Friday, I can't see leaving the other half home alone.

*Hugs and Muffins and Second Breakfast Blend or Tea as you prefer.*
    I will absolutely pass on the thanks, and will link him this thread. After PAX prime (and recieving the anual visit by the coffee evangelists ), we sat down and worked out a way to get it into the game. We even got Berephon's lore blessing.

I think you're really going to like the fact that not only is it in the game, but it's part of crafting. Cooks make Coffee, and Farmers grow the beans. There are other blends as well.
    Last edited by Sapience; Nov 11 2011 at 10:16 AM.

Sapience...................... .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ........

/BOW

Your awesome quotient is off the charts! Its really a good feeling that those of us here in the coffeehouse, which has been going on so long, may have contributed even if just in a small way to the success of the game we love. Now, if we can just get a good ripsnorting, crosschecking, brainshaking game of Dwarven Roleplay Hockey (tm) going on in Forochel during the next Winter Festival, Gombur might just let Sauron keep that stinky old ring.
    Gombur Gromburson, Level 130 Guardian
    Member of Irony and Spite
    Commander of the 92nd Dwarven Highlanders

Re: Finally Friday Coffee, now with COFFEE!

Will this new coffee run boost stack with other run boosts, such as store-bought scrolls?

TOO Awesome. Now, can we get something similar for horse speed? Pleeaseeee...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000010b0e/01003/signature.png]Samthelion[/charsig]

Acushla is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Gammer Gamer

Thumbs up Re: Finally Friday Coffee, now with COFFEE!

A big thank you to the Coffee Crew for the new brews and to you, Sapience, for the announcement.

Drinking these is going to be a treat. It will even make my Farmer immune to the pain of her blisters.

Sapience!! You rock!! I totally just gave rep to a mod. I will be drinking SO much coffee!!!
    [CENTER][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Mirrah - 65 Human Guardian, Mirrieth - 17 Human Warden, Mirrabella - 22 Hobbit Minstrel
    Demonic Angels Kinship
    Happy Hunting!!![/COLOR][/CENTER]

In other news, I'm level 64 and it's awesome. I didn't have time to get coffee before work this morning, but I have the most amazing best friend in the world and she is bringing me an Egg Nog Latte when she comes in for work today. I've been questing in Mirkwood, which is a highly unpleasant place, but still intriguing. It'll be easier when I can see, though! Ready for the graphics fix here. Also, I'm still working toward a super amazing incredibly successful audition tomorrow. I'm actually feeling confident. It's a really weird feeling, but I think I'll at least make call-backs. I feel like I'd make a nice Audrey
    [CENTER][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Mirrah - 65 Human Guardian, Mirrieth - 17 Human Warden, Mirrabella - 22 Hobbit Minstrel
    Demonic Angels Kinship
    Happy Hunting!!![/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by be0wulfe View Post
    TOO Awesome. Now, can we get something similar for horse speed? Pleeaseeee...
    You mean something like this?

only named,..

"Caffeinated Oats & CoffeeBeans,.."

I will absolutely pass on the thanks, and will link him this thread. After PAX prime (and recieving the anual visit by the coffee evangelists ), we sat down and worked out a way to get it into the game. We even got Berephon's lore blessing.

I think you're really going to like the fact that not only is it in the game, but it's part of crafting. Cooks make Coffee, and Farmers grow the beans. There are other blends as well.
    Ahhhhh.... now I got to make a Brazilian Hobbit.. I want to make the best coffee in the shire! :P
    The Rag Tag Regiment
    -=Sapharia=- -=Palonto=- -=Aliyanna=- -=Iolas=- -=Oladnar=-

SAPIENCE!!!!

I don't know what to say!

/Tearsofjoy...and coffee
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Omnia illa et ante fiebant, omnia illa et ante fient
    Ita dicimus omnes

Thanks for the announcement, Sapience!

Also, with the number of Star Trek fans about:
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000237e4a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Keth(65 Warden), Tula(65 Hunter), Az(Champ and Warden), Ghaele(Cpt), Mahlya(Burg), Shilly(RK), Byrena(Guard), Kahnya(LM), Naht(Mini), Rea(Burg), and others
    Alt problem? *twitch* I ain't got no Alt problem! I can stop any time!

Happy 11/11/11!

Is there going to be a /vomit or a /reversal emote to go along with it? for RP purposes of course >_>

But seriously, that's pretty awesome. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Docargyle View Post
    Sapience...................... .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ........

/BOW

Your awesome quotient is off the charts! Its really a good feeling that those of us here in the coffeehouse, which has been going on so long, may have contributed even if just in a small way to the success of the game we love. Now, if we can just get a good ripsnorting, crosschecking, brainshaking game of Dwarven Roleplay Hockey (tm) going on in Forochel during the next Winter Festival, Gombur might just let Sauron keep that stinky old ring.
    This post made me LOL. especially the "stinky old ring" part...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey all!

I have been lurking, but really haven't had much to say. I'm very saddened by the atrocity at Penn State, especially considering i've always been a fan. However, I think they did the right thing in firing JoePa, etc. Anyway, i won't dwell on that all that much...

I am learning that i dont' think teaching is for me. too frustrating if the kid doesn't get it...

/resists the urge to rant on other things.

Have a good day and weekend all!
    Ilisdor - Button-pusher, Adult, Cookie-Nommer, Grounded, Botherer of Delaney
    Saphirien - Hunter, Westfold Jeweler, Master of the Guild (65) Artwulf - Captain, Up and coming Woodworker (42)
    Lawrandir - Rune Keeper, Lazy Scholar (75) Rosegold II - Minstrel (16, RP)

This quote has been removed because I am no longer a fan of the person I was quoting. Thank you. -ShadowTH Management

Sons of Numenor's "October Surprise" 10/27/2011
    Our YouTube Channel

Morning again, Landrovalrim,

I dont want to derail the giddiness brought to us by Sapience, but I am gonna do it anyway!

First off, good to see you Sylexis, and glad you had a good visit from dad. Hope that you feel better soon.

Secondly, I am probably flirting with the sacred TOS bat with this one, but I saw something on Teh Interwebz that kind of restored my faith in our country, if only briefly. I was glad to see that the people of Texas decided NOT to allow a state vanity license plate that featured a Confederate flag and was sponsored by the Sons of Confederate Veterans. As a lover of history, I know both sides of the argument and we dont need to rehash it here. While it might look cool to wave the Stars and Bars at a football game, its definately uncool to have any state sanction its use. Thanks to the good people of Texas.

Thirdly, Shadow, I agree with you about the Penn State Situation. Horrid does not even begin to describe it. And I have a sneaking hunch that there is more to it than what we already know. I hope I am wrong.

Last, a big shout out from Gombur and me to all our Veterans on this Veteran's day. When I was young, this holiday used to be referred to as Armistice day, because the first world war ended on 11/11/1918 at 11 in the morning. Just a bit of trivia

Thanks to my Dad, Petty Officer Jacob A. Gershon USN, my Uncle Irv, Sergeant US Army, veteran of Normandy and the Battle of the Bulge, My Cousin Martin US Army, Phillipines Invasion, my cousin Terry, US Navy, and my cousin Bernie, who was the drummer for the US army overseas band in 1944-45. They have all passed on, and I miss them, especially my dad, who was 31` and had a 4 year old child when he went to fight the Japanese.

/Salute
    Gombur Gromburson, Level 130 Guardian
    Member of Irony and Spite
    Commander of the 92nd Dwarven Highlanders

-Welby

Last edited by Beschutzer; Nov 11 2011 at 01:06 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Finally Friday Coffee, now with COFFEE!

Happy 11/11/11!

You Rock.

You guys and gals always find a way to add a little something special to the game. You are my favorite "Band of Developers" out there bar none.

Cheers!

I was in the middle of some tooling when Alditha dragged me over to see this. Totally worth it ^^ Woot! Many thanks, Ser Sapience! We shall not forget this when PAX Prime rolls around next year. Meanwhile I'll just have offer gratitude and rep.
    [center][color=#c8c8c8][font=papyrus][size=3]~ ~ [url=http://library.randirim.org][color=#c8c8c8]Library of the Randirim[/color][/url] ~ ~[/size]
    2 Chalk Road, Ewefields, Shire
    [url=http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Garaf][color=#c8c8c8]Bregaur Garaf[/color][/url] and [url=http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/User:Garaf7/Esslar][color=#c8c8c8]Esslar Reinind[/color][/url], Founders of the [url=http://randirim.org][color=#c8c8c8]Randirim[/color][/url][/font][/color]
    [font=Copperplate][color=green]Pellinor Kettlehelm, Brewery Mechanic for the Order of the Leaf & Bean[/color][/font][/center]

Good morning, Landrovalingas,

No work today, so I will be doing homework and watching the Remembrance Day ceremony on television this morning. As busy as our lives may be, we can all find the time to take a moment to remember. Thank you, veterans.

"Coffee evangelists"... I like the sound of that! Also, having coffee contribute to run speed is a stroke of genius. Reminds me of the time my little brother got into the coffee beans as a child. You just made my day, Sapience!

Shadow, if you're /vomiting after drinking coffee... you're doing it wrong.
    [CENTER][COLOR="YellowGreen"]Alditha, residing at 6 Harrow Road, Undervale.
    Temporary overseer of the Library of the Randirim, 2 Chalk Road, Ewefields.[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="Yellow"][I]Behold the Chinchillas! They ride to War![/I][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Any chance it comes with a new drinking emote for a more... well, coffee, like beverage? Double kudos if it does! Still kudos if it doesn't.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000b658d/01008/signature.png]Keirion[/charsig]

Just read they are allowing server transfers among NA systems again.

Should prove interesting. I've been getting a ton of new guild apps from people rolling new toons on Landy, having been on the "new" communities. Curiously, the great hope of new RP communities does not seem to have worked as well as some were predicting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast