We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Draigoch the Red

Quote Originally Posted by Gedachtnis View Post
    Our Kin has not had him bug on any runs and a normal run will include;

Guard - Challenge used and out on platforms early
    2x Cappys - both with Banners
    LM - Bear pet out
    2+ RK's using stones

The one thing we do/did is reform after a wipe.

Interesting thing though, I went on a pug the other night and had him bug towards the end of Phase 1 after a platform move. They did not run banners/pets/stones, but there was one thing they did do different. At the start of the raid the leader ran down, activated the dragon and took the death to turn off the gauntlet.

My thought would be that the script read it as a wipe.

Could it be that a part of the script keeps running after a wipe? It could be something as small as a lighting sequence that's still running and if that light coincides with another action during the "new" run it causes a bug out.

My guess is they haven't responded because they aren't sure what is causing it, there are alot of factors and so far it seems there is no single factor or set of factors that can be pointed to as the cause.

It's interesting that I see things like this posted about the Draigoch raid, since I have experianced this first hand in a PUG that I joined earlier in the week, where the raid leader did this.

First off, let me say that if you need to pull some foolish thing like this in order to assist the rest of the raid in getting through to the floor opening without a defeat, then you already know that there is a problem.

If someone doesnt have the ability to walk through something as simple as this without getting blazed, then they shouldnt be in the raid. I sure as h3ll would not expect a player to group up in order to mitigate distributed damage correctly if they can't even get through the entrance to the raid. PERIOD!

If you do ignorant things like this puprosely, it only shows what gaming mentality you have and that you're not someone I can respect or trust... and sure as h3ll won't believe a d@mn thing you have the say or 'type' for an excuse.

<snip - I'd hate to set anyone up for failure so I'll remove this scentence>

I realize that some people will read this and take offense to it, well that's your issue - not mine. Deal with it, because if my text you're reading here triggers you in this way - I win and you lose. This is nothing I would not say to someone's face in person, and how I so wish that I could do just this in real life because it's more affective when I do.
    Last edited by Determination; Nov 27 2011 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Ignorance is bliss, tis folly to be wise

Re: Draigoch the Red

So what exactly is the point of this thread again? Just so you can rant about what another group on another server did in their Dragon run and tell us all which Kin we should be raiding Draigoch (or any raid for that matter) with?

I did Dragon run last night, without these Knights of Cool with my minstrel. Had a great time doing it, too, despite the bug. We would have taken him down, too, if it wasn't for that. Kindly don't tell me which Kin I need to be raiding with in order to have a good time.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Armaius; Nov 12 2011 at 12:55 PM.
    Crickhollow Server:
    Evenhald: L86 Minstrel Armaius: L76 Loremaster. Gaheriad: L96 Hunter Malhion: L74 Captain

I ran Draigoch 3 days, wipes in every day, and we finished like that once. (only time I could finish, so far)

Isn't the wipe, I suppose...
    [B]Hergon[/B] (r11 warden - BW - former Fearghus from Crickhollow)
    [B]Nietotchka[/B] (r10 captain - BW - former Herja from Crickhollow)

1) Don't run with pugs
    2) ???
    3) Profit!
    [CENTER]Formeniel - 85 hunter | Tuljak - 85 captain | Laimire - 80 rune-keeper | Arahina - 85 warden
    [URL="http://www.formeniel.blogspot.com"]Adventure! - comics about LOTRO[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Determination View Post
    It's interesting that I see things like this posted about the Draigoch raid, since I have experianced this first hand in a PUG that I joined earlier in the week, where the raid leader did this.

First off, let me say that if you need to pull some foolish thing like this in order to assist the rest of the raid in getting through to the floor opening without a defeat, then you already know that there is a problem.

If someone doesnt have the ability to walk through something as simple as this without getting blazed, then they shouldnt be in the raid. I sure as h3ll would not expect a player to group up in order to mitigate distributed damage correctly if they can't even get through the entrance to the raid. PERIOD!

If you do ignorant things like this puprosely, it only shows what gaming mentality you have and that you're not someone I can respect or trust... and sure as h3ll won't believe a d@mn thing you have the say or 'type' for an excuse.

If ANYONE on this forsaken server wants to see how things 'can' get done correctly, effeciently and have fun doing it, the only suggestion I have for you ask the Knights of Cool if you can attend one of their raids (any of them, any instance).

I realize that some people will read this and take offense to it, well that's your issue - not mine. Deal with it, because if my text you're reading here triggers you in this way - I win and you lose. This is nothing I would not say to someone's face in person, and how I so wish that I could do just this in real life because it's more affective when I do.

i guss im the leader in that raid ur talking about
    till u wht let me c ur lovly kin koc taking 6 ppl from glff ( by that i mean 6 not experienced ppl in the raid or in workeing with each other and finish it then talk about it )
    as a gaurd and raid leader i do it so ppl can gear up and u cant except a server 2 be full of experienced ppl who know how 2 play with each other
    but if u dont know how 2 pull it of with none experienced group then u should look at ur self and say im not good coz i cant do anything alone i need 2 lay on ppl 2 help me finish it ( other words i will quite playing or go crying back 2 ur old kin )

there is ppl in this server who would like 2 run it but they dont know anything about it dose that mean leave them out side my group and just do it with awesome ppl who cant do anything if they split up ??????????????

all the respect 2 koc and there leader friea ( this is not about u or ur kin u guys are awesome 2ogether )
    but clep
    u know why i dont run with koc i dont say they are not a good raiding kin just the ppl who run with them trun like u
    and for me lets just say that not what i want 2 my self 2 look like
    Medo > r11 < Guardian__^^__Medoo > r9 < Stalker
    ( all i can do is be me, whatever that is . )

ppl will read that and think im offending them dont get it wrong
    if i dont want 2 be like u that dont mean ur not good or a bad player its just me

i hope no1 will get this wrong and wish 2 c ya guys out there

a noop gaurd medo <3

Quote Originally Posted by dsadada View Post
    i guss im the leader in that raid ur talking about
    till u wht let me c ur lovly kin koc taking 6 ppl from glff ( by that i mean 6 not experienced ppl in the raid or in workeing with each other and finish it then talk about it )
    as a gaurd and raid leader i do it so ppl can gear up and u cant except a server 2 be full of experienced ppl who know how 2 play with each other
    but if u dont know how 2 pull it of with none experienced group then u should look at ur self and say im not good coz i cant do anything alone i need 2 lay on ppl 2 help me finish it ( other words i will quite playing or go crying back 2 ur old kin )

there is ppl in this server who would like 2 run it but they dont know anything about it dose that mean leave them out side my group and just do it with awesome ppl who cant do anything if they split up ??????????????

all the respect 2 koc and there leader friea ( this is not about u or ur kin u guys are awesome 2ogether )
    but clep
    u know why i dont run with koc i dont say they are not a good raiding kin just the ppl who run with them trun like u
    and for me lets just say that not what i want 2 my self 2 look like

Medo, there was a time were I was asked to join your group to help you through Dark Delvings when we were 5 levels above it. Get off of your high horse. I understand that you're a popular player on this server due to your social engineering in glff and your constant requests to spar but I'm not impressed. Until a group you run completes end game content on challenge mode PROPERLY I suggest you don't point fingers. Tank the head at a distance that IT DOES DAMAGE to you while YOU have aggro on it and a healer is with you so you don't die. I find it laughable that you're wearing loot from the chests after Draigoch dies when you have no idea what to do in phase 3 and that was show to the other 11 people in your raid when you jumped from the top level.

A player bragging in glff and wearing Draigoch gear without PROPERLY tanking the head is like a professional swimmer that hasn't ever stepped into a pool.
    I do not read threads once I post in them because I could care less what your reply is...

Quote Originally Posted by AlmontRaider View Post
    Medo, there was a time were I was asked to join your group to help you through Dark Delvings when we were 5 levels above it. Get off of your high horse. I understand that you're a popular player on this server due to your social engineering in glff and your constant requests to spar but I'm not impressed. Until a group you run completes end game content on challenge mode PROPERLY I suggest you don't point fingers. Tank the head at a distance that IT DOES DAMAGE to you while YOU have aggro on it and a healer is with you so you don't die. I find it laughable that you're wearing loot from the chests after Draigoch dies when you have no idea what to do in phase 3 and that was show to the other 11 people in your raid when you jumped from the top level.

A player bragging in glff and wearing Draigoch gear without PROPERLY tanking the head is like a professional swimmer that hasn't ever stepped into a pool.
    I was in a successful, and proper, Draigoch raid with Medo last week.
    Crick: Frankfurd, Franker, Frankflank, Franktank, ICJYOU. Brandy: Buffalochicken, Waterpig, Thesupremecourt

Quote Originally Posted by Frankfurd View Post
    I was in a successful, and proper, Draigoch raid with Medo last week.
    Me too......
    [B]Hergon[/B] (r11 warden - BW - former Fearghus from Crickhollow)
    [B]Nietotchka[/B] (r10 captain - BW - former Herja from Crickhollow)

I've been in many raids/fellowships/skirms with Medo. I respect him and he knows what the heck he's talking about. Not to dis anyone, but I sometimes do not understand why there is a lot of hate going around on the forums.... >.>
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000a3b8c/signature.png]Phineheals[/charsig]
    [B]Serephine r10[/B] [B]Cuppiecake r4[/B]

Luckily, most people in the game do not even know where the forums are...much less read them. For those that do, its been coming to this for a long time. Like most of the games out there, content is few and far between and we are stuck doing the same thing time and time again.

I'm reminded of going to the zoo and seeing a polar bear in its outside containment area rocking back in forth from paw to paw. When I asked why it was doing this, the caretaker that I posed the question to said that they got that way when they were bored. We, gamers, get bored. When we do that we turn on the stuff that we are doing, attacking the very hand that is feeding us. Its not that we want to, we are just bored. Some get fussy, some get arrogant, some even get demanding and egotistical. That is life. With the economy where it is, we are looking at ourselves and introspecting as to whether or not what we are doing, as we rock back and forth in boredom, is worth it. When we get to something new and find that its messed up, bugged out or worse and there "seems" to be no response as to fixing it, we get even worse. Its something that was bound to happen. We must weather it.

I, too, have run alongside Medo and many others mentioned in this thread. I will personally say that all of them are good people worth taking the time to run with to see if YOUR personality works with theirs. If it doesn't, walk away. If it does, run with it. As for the game, and the slow rocking that we are all doing right now...well, all I can say is that the sun will come up again and we will see what happens then.

having fun raiding is as much about the attitude of the group than anything else. If you get silly and elitist over any mistake you're just going to frustrate your group and yourself. I defiantly dont get the hating about another kins raid... who care's what another kin does, especially in a PVE context?

@medo running people through that first part of Draig is not difficult. What i do now is mark myself and walk any player who is having difficulty with it as a group. It follows a set pattern so they just have to take it a step at a time. kudos for taking people from glff and finishing it either way though.
    Last edited by Meagh; Nov 13 2011 at 06:46 PM.
    Meagh of Dale . Crickhollow | Meacair of Rohan . Landroval
    My LOTRO Blog

Quote Originally Posted by AlmontRaider View Post

1st of all im not popular guz i talk at glff every1 know me coz im good

2nd of al i finsed dragoch and there is ppl that will say that coz they where there

3d of all i know how 2 tank dragoch dont need a cappy 2 show me how 2 do that - when the head hit every1 that coz i had somthin going on not coz i was away

and about wht happend on phase 3 thats not my problem ppl did things that i was not a wear of and every1 learing
    and dont think that u finished it on ur 1st try i finished it the same day u guys did with 7 ppl was the 1st time for them there an d never played with each other alot of ppl useing dragoch raid coz of me leading it
    let me c u do that

and about DD every1 learn when u came that was my 1st time here every1 need help at the start the deffrant that i dont use yputupe 2 c learn how 2 do it i like 2 find out my self

as u c alot of ppl run with me and they know me
    if u have a probelm with me just dont run with me no 1 asked u 2 thought ur welcome if u want 2

i have all wht i want from dragoch i do it for ppl not for me and 2 let the ppl who dont have anychance 2 finish it learn how 2
    and gear up

fyi i use 1 tank for phase 2 u guys use 2 if i dont know wht 2 do then i wil be useing 2 as u
    but we are human and we do mistakes

my run is all about fun and laughing idc if ppl do anything wrong in my run no1 born with the info about everything
    if u use youtupe or a wike site 2 learn wht u do i dont i like 2 learn by trying coz nothing beat that

i agree that starting the fight so every1 can get pass the light is not a good way
    but if it will take none experienced ppl throw it i will gladlly do it over and over

my kin is a pvp kin though im the leader for PVE and i try 2 help every1 gear up
    and since i have alot of friends i cant keep them out my raid even if they worth nothing and slow learners that dont mean leave them outta my raids
    i will gladly take them with me and help them learn and gear

and if ur going 2 hold a small mistake that no 1 died from it against me then all i can say im human

fyi u hate spar coz u know if u got in my face ppl will lough at u if ur good at it u will come gladly 2 show me u can beat me
    but u know the trouth so u act like spar dont worry u but again i dont spar for u i spar for fun its a game after all and when i asked for spar at glff or where ever its coz this is a part of this game even if u dont admit it

im happy that there is ppl here that said that they did it the right way with me just 2 show u my gear comes from the right place

cya in the game my friends

Without even trying to understand what all this is about I'm just gonna say I try to be friends with both people who yell at me and people who don't and not make unnecessary forum posts about people being lamer or cooler than me (note the contradiction!).

Cheers to all, you know I love you.
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Re : Draigoch the Red

I iz cooler than all y'all. Don't make me poo on your shoes...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000006abca/signature.png]Cornea[/charsig]
    Cornea r10 | Spidermanz r7 | Hangnail r5 | Cornia r5 | Earz r5 | Femur r4

OMGZ nubs who can't be leet are lame!!?!1 Everyone knows being able to run endgame raids flawlessly means you win life.
    Bloin r11 Minstrel
    Malte r9 Burg
    Maltepup r9 Warg

/ragequit.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000093dff/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]