We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: 45 seconds for scholar to process 1 component - is turbine getting even more stu

Quote Originally Posted by darkhavenchay View Post
    Sunday is my crafting day for all my toons...it is also the day I get TONS of housework and laundry done. If I have a backlog of housework, I process rich soil into peat in the crafting bunker in Galtrev. AFK is my friend.
    That really does not address the OP's issue.

Re: 45 seconds for scholar to process 1 component - is turbine getting even more stu

Quote Originally Posted by vladtheimplementor View Post
    scroll of insight converting a raw material to a component (not even a finished item)
    takes 45 seconds to do (EACH)
    Take your noob toon and go to MD where you're not in a RED radar zone.

End of story.
    Last edited by Saxzon; Nov 28 2011 at 12:48 PM.

3. Nov 28 2011, 01:45 PM

Quote Originally Posted by W0lfg0d View Post
    Crafting is great, one of the aspects of the game I really like.
    How is clicking 'make all' then watching an induction bar fill up 100 times while you do nothing for 10 minutes 'great'? It is the most uninvolved snooze fest mechanic I could think of. Crafting could be 'great' but atm it is nothing but a massive time sink for which you don't even have to be present.

In terms of satisfaction, I personally find it very rewarding to be able to get other stuff done IRL, all the while knowing that my industrious little toon is busy toiling away. Polishing 88 beryls while I made my morning coffee and got ready for work provided a great start to the day today!

And in a similar vein to the poster above, never has the house been so clean or the chores done so regularly, as when I'm in a "must craft!" phase!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000003c5e6/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Korgain View Post
    How is clicking 'make all' then watching an induction bar fill up 100 times while you do nothing for 10 minutes 'great'? It is the most uninvolved snooze fest mechanic I could think of. Crafting could be 'great' but atm it is nothing but a massive time sink for which you don't even have to be present.
    They should make crafting work like it does in EQ2, then.

Report from a level 42 forester in Enedwaith

outside: thr sun is shining, enemies are dangerous, but I am used to it. I run around, gather wood, evade enemies ... no problem.

inside Lhanuch crafting room: What's this? Something is blinking red? It's a dangerous area in here, I am afraid, can't concentrate. Crafting takes forever.

In dangerous areas crafting and prospecting takes a lot longer then usual. Move your low level char to a "safe" zone and he will be a lot faster.

Funny enough, while Enedwaith counts as "safe" zone for a level 42, the interior of the lhanuch crafting hall does not. I moved the char then to another crafting hall with a superior workbench where he was able to work normally.

Quote Originally Posted by vladtheimplementor View Post
    scroll of insight converting a raw material to a component (not even a finished item)
    takes 45 seconds to do (EACH)
    Can we say a slight exaggeration here?

I have a scholar and nothing takes 45 seconds. If you are going to complain about stuff try to provide real facts. Just making up numbers does nothing.
    I wonder what IS behind that waterfall?
    The Player Council knows!

Am I missing something here. I just made several Scrolls of Insight and they took about 6 seconds each. Just what is taking 45 seconds ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khallan1706 View Post
    Am I missing something here. I just made several Scrolls of Insight and they took about 6 seconds each. Just what is taking 45 seconds ?
    General consensus is that the OP has a low level crafter in a high level area and the "dangerous area" effect is pushing crafting time out significantly.
    Confused about the F2P/Premium/VIP account types? [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?377885-What-happens-if...-answers-about-the-account-types]This post may help.[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Maxal View Post
    If you are going to complain about stuff try to provide real facts. Just making up numbers does nothing.
    As has already been said, it's one of several new penalties to discourage low level crafting alts from crafting in high level areas. Another of these is when gathering in a 'dangerous' area, the induction will take 30+ seconds, and mobs will spawn specifically to attack the low level player.

The fact that you haven't seen it yet does not mean it's "made up".
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/N3QceR3.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Ozeagle View Post
    General consensus is that the OP has a low level crafter in a high level area and the "dangerous area" effect is pushing crafting time out significantly.
    Ahh, thank you. Had me wondering there.

Have a great day

I am glad I have 9 level 60+ toons are High end crafters. 5 are Masters of the guild. 4 are close to master of the guild. Yes I love crafting on this game it not slow. But it not super fast. But if you want to play a slow game complain go play Runescape.

Maybe it is what he means to make scrolls of insight, then books of knowledge then a tome of wisdom, so to make 4 scrolls of insight, 2 books, anf 1 tome is probably around 45 seconds... Still fun though!

I love the new crafting system!
    Proud Member of Doombiscuits

Quote Originally Posted by StavroMuellerBeta View Post
    The fact that you haven't seen it yet does not mean it's "made up".
    you can't blame him tho because it definitely sounds made up
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000b36d8/signature.png]Slartibart[/charsig]
    "O Captain! My Captain!"[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by flyingcircus View Post
    you can't blame him tho because it definitely sounds made up
    I haven't seen it, either, but there's more than ample evidence in the thread that it is not "made up."

o.o someone really timed this? Oh look look someone really did
    “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

Quote Originally Posted by maxjenius View Post
    They should make crafting work like it does in EQ2, then.
    This is what I have been saying ever since this game was launched (altough I am sure they are not changing the mechanics anymore). In EQ2 crafting was something that actually required some SKILLS from the player, and you had kind of "fight against failure" with every item you made. It was interesting and fun and because of that crafters made actually some money because not everyone wanted to do the crafting. I loved EQ2 crafting but for some reason Turbine decided to copy crafting from WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by Failmaster View Post
    Maybe it is what he means to make scrolls of insight, then books of knowledge then a tome of wisdom, so to make 4 scrolls of insight, 2 books, and 1 tome is probably around 45 seconds... Still fun though!
    !
    Or you use 2 1 Page of Gondorian Parchment to make 1 Tome, which would take about 6 to 10 seconds?
    This is easier on the mats anyway than making scrolls then books then tomes.
    And yes, this recipe is rep gated, but I'm sure you can find someone you trust of kinmember to craft them for you ( consider tipping the crit results)

If the OP's crafting time is high because he is in red area: Don't craft there!
    There is no reason to craft in Rivendell with low level alt, just use the Mathom House ( I think the acquaintance standing can be gotten from shire quests alone, no barter stuff needed) .
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000053593/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I like the idea of playing a mini game while crafting large batches. You could even rig it so that playing well gives extra crits Gives an incentive to play the mini-games as well...
    A small cog in a big machine.

Life has no "Undo" button, only "I'm sorry". Thinking before doing is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by maxjenius View Post
    I haven't seen it, either, but there's more than ample evidence in the thread that it is not "made up."
    i never claimed it is but you have to admit that upon seeing it first time it LOOKS like it's made up
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000b36d8/signature.png]Slartibart[/charsig]
    "O Captain! My Captain!"[/CENTER]

I had the same problem as the OP. I took my lvl 35 scholar/ws to Galtrev to craft as its got everything in close proximity. The weaponsmithing was working normally but the scholar items were taking a full 60s to craft, and yes I did time it
    [center][b][size="3"]Archaon Lvl 65 Champ[/size][/b]
    [i][b]Suicidally entering instances since March 2007[/i][/b]
    [i][url=http://the-suffering.org/forum/index.php][b][size="4"]The Suffering[/size][/url][/b]
    Snowbourn[/i][/center]

Confirmed, I ran my low-level scholar to Galtrev, and I am seeing the same ultra slow crafting times.

Red face Re: 45 seconds for scholar to process 1 component - is turbine getting even more stu

I think it's need vs want. I'm disabled. I need move assist. Some crafting is long and expensive. But I want to craft. I don't have to.

I'm surprised people don't talk about LotRO being too pretty. The movies are grungy. Why are the hair styles & cosmetics so pretty? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Korgain View Post
    The act of crafting isn't what draws me in to it. It's the ability to never have to worry about being prepared for a raid. It's the chance to help out kinmates and friends, so they can better enjoy their time in game.

And..it's the opportunity to make tons of gold and play the AH game. I <3 the AH game. What's the big consumable of the week? How much can I get for it? Who do I have to buyout/undercut to get mine sold?

Back on topic though, I think the Scholar times are fine. Food though, is another story. To make Apple and Cheese pies, for example, you have to plant a barley field, harvest it. Plant an apple field, harvest it. Process the barley. Process the apple. Turn the barley to flour. And finally, you get to cook the pie. And just hope you didn't want to make the fields crit, or that's another 30s processing the clumps of peat. Cooking one pie takes longer than gathering ore and making a chestpiece, which just seems silly to me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000c5929/signature.png]Naughtymistress[/charsig]

And some creeps. Most of whom shall remain nameless :p

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyMistress View Post
    Back on topic though, I think the Scholar times are fine. Food though, is another story. To make Apple and Cheese pies, for example, you have to plant a barley field, harvest it. Plant an apple field, harvest it. Process the barley. Process the apple. Turn the barley to flour. And finally, you get to cook the pie. And just hope you didn't want to make the fields crit, or that's another 30s processing the clumps of peat. Cooking one pie takes longer than gathering ore and making a chestpiece, which just seems silly to me.
    Note that, unlike mining ore or gathering wood or scholar materials, you are never at risk of some random mob attacking you while farming or cooking. Nor do you have to search for a grown field and hope no one else gets to it first.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast