We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: PUGs

PUGs

Seeing the recent discussions on the topic of PUGs lately I've compiled this list of all the raids in the game. Hopefully this will help get more PUGs going on WW in the future. I've divided them into different categories depending on their difficulty with a 75 PUG raid. From hardest to easiest depending on their need of tactics and possibility of dying;

Insanity
    Professional
    Experienced
    Advanced
    Friendly
    Overkill

Rift (all bosses) - Overkill

Filikul - Overkill

DN
    Twin Trolls - Overkill
    Zholuga - Overkill
    Flagit - Advanced
    Istum - Friendly
    Blind One - Advanced
    Mistress - Advanced

BG
    Durchest - Friendly
    Durchest (hm) - Advanced
    Twins - Advanced
    Twins (hm) - Advanced
    Liutanent - Advanced/Experienced
    Liutanent (hm) - Experienced

OD
    Wound Wing - Friendly
    Wound Wing (hm) - Advanced
    Disease Wing - Friendly
    Disease Wing (hm) - Advanced
    Fear Wing - Advanced
    Fear Wing (hm) - Experienced
    Poison Wing - Friendly
    Poison Wing (hm) - Advanced
    Ivar - Advanced
    Ivar (hm) - Professional
    Gortheron - Experienced
    Gortheron (hm) - Professional/Experienced

Draigoch - Friendly

Orthanc
    Acid Wing - Friendly
    Acid Wing (t2) - Insanity
    Fire/Frost - Advanced
    Fire/Frost (t2) - Insanity
    Storm - Experienced
    Storm (t2) - Insanity
    Shadow - Experienced/Professional
    Shadow (t2) - Insanity
    Saruman - Professional/Insanity
    Saruman (t2) - Insanity

Hope this list helps to get more PUGs going
    Last edited by Fralin; Jan 14 2012 at 02:58 PM.

Re: PUGs

I wouldn't say rift is overkill. Perhaps some of the later bosses, but as far as I can remember the first 3 were pretty easy and trash pulls only need little tactics.

It's a good idea to make this list though.
    Curuorn, Guardian - Barcode, Warden, leader of Rebirth - Dodar, Reaver - Curuornn, Warleader
    One of the founders of KhaosRogues (R.I.P. Muz, Goor, Lasto), son of Vandalf.
    Withywindle PvMP Videos

Overkill is the easiest category in Fralins list, in case you missed that. Rift and Filikul are uniquely easy compared to all the other instanced raids because they can almost not fail even with simple tank and spank. Few insta-defeat conditions etc.

A bit sad that people tend to leave Rift raids again once they realize that this is the proper raid and not a "Rescue in the Rift" skirmraid - I still find the boss quite imposing.

I don t think at this point you could finish Ivar (hm) with a pug on Whity, so it should be under the insanity category or at least Professional since it is harder then Gortheron (hm)

And acid ring T2 is in the Advanced/Experienced category? you probably haven t tried it on T2 yet
    Last edited by TheKid111; Dec 15 2011 at 07:15 AM.

Bad As$ Pizzaguy

Ivar is a tough fight, especially on t2, so that has been updated. As for Acid, the problem is not the boss itself but rather getting there in the first place. With a properly balanced PUG it should be doable.

Half of them are easy with right people, now problem is in skilled players, so it makes more off a hard play for majority of those, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by zrinko View Post
    Half of them are easy with right people, now problem is in skilled players, so it makes more off a hard play for majority of those, lol...
    I can't wait for you - teacher of champions - to teach everyone about the raid, really looking forward to it!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c01000022735a/signature.png]Bubbs[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by zrinko View Post

Quote Originally Posted by eois View Post
    I can't wait for you - teacher of champions - to teach everyone about the raid, really looking forward to it!
    Zrinko still boasting? Maybe I should take back my comment on the other whithy post about him starting to clean up his act. Agree with Eois's quote.
    Ex Gilrain, - World First Watcher V1, - Server First Draigoch, - Server only ToO T2C None Burg stack on level.
    Currently Evernight, Prime, - Shelob Wider, - World/Server First or Second for: Abyss, Anvil, Remmo, AD, FoKD, HoA.
    Worlds Only Abyss T2 6 Manned - Minstrel.
    +Celestrata - 'Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D'
    +Celestrata tells you 'You are by far the best mini I've seen out of any server, Congrats on world first!'

I feel like helping PuGs to a redirect to this plugin http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...87#post6353687

It tells to a newbie everything he needs to know, from Debuffs to specific bosses animation skills.

Nevertheless even if the newbie is not using the plugin, it provides to the raid leader the tools neccesary to explain the fight quick and provides chat-commands in different colours to be see to notice like a Purple text of - Remove Corruptions - that is hard to be missed by newbies reading chat.

Anyway, it also have the detailed list of Loot of every raid boss in the game, maps, you can add your personal strategys and it uses in-game database to link items.

Welcome to the new easy way to do PUGs (Looking forward for feedback).