We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mithril Flake for lvl 75 Lottery reward?

OK the latest Lottery of the Devout for char's lvl 66-75 has as part of it's reward 5x Mithril Flake.
    Ummm shouldn't that be 5x Cracked Rhi Helvarch Sigil since that is what we need to craft appropriate level LI's and NOT Mithril Flakes?

Someone has no idea what is going on in their game!
    Last edited by Grhysli; Jan 02 2012 at 11:01 PM.
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OOGLYqiRemk/U2TxWOwnO6I/AAAAAAAACSE/bk3MyjILFJ0/w350-h120-no/LOTRO+Forums+Sig.jpg[/IMG]

Fat, Fuzzy, & Disabled............life doesn't get any better!
    Kinship: Roxxi Manor

Re: Mithril Flake for lvl 75 Lottery reward?

Totally agree! I actually laughed when I saw it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000201b0b/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

my face went O_o
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0100002e1bb7/signature.png]Cokaine[/charsig]

I also thought that was a bit odd. I'd rather have my 75's signed up for the 65 lottery, with the 2 Brilliant stones.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000c5929/signature.png]Naughtymistress[/charsig]

And some creeps. Most of whom shall remain nameless :p

125 shards in the lv 65 lotto also seems a bit off =)

However, there's also a neat LI XP rune that seems somewhat suited for the level so all well I suppose (again for the 65 one)...

The official word thingie is that sometimes the chances of winning are higher but the gain is lower.
    When there's a very good prize, not many will see it in their mail.

Ironically I came to the forum to make this very comment
    Mithril flakes are used in crafted items from lvl 55 to 65, and the ONLY items I know of still used at level 75 are the tools (and those only because turbine has not given us a tool upgrade for 20 levels)
    So... why have the level 66+ lottery with them as loot?
    As for the 125 shard comment?
    The lottery is incredibly stingy with currency. 1 gold at level 75 pays the repair bill twice... IF I don't wait till things are broken in an instance pug...

Quote Originally Posted by Strikerin View Post
    Ironically I came to the forum to make this very comment
    Me too. 5 sigils is probably a touch too generous, given that they sell for 10 gold each in the AH. Maybe drop it to one or two. I have around 16 mithril flakes waiting for my champ to level up, just from random mob drops and prospecting.

There have been multiple lotteries that gave 5 Cracked Sigils, so a stack off 5 isn't too much.
    They also have had a stack of 5 scrolls that upgrade the tier of a legacy, that sell for even more G in the Ah than Sigils.

Sometimes the rewards are awesome, sometimes a little less awesome.

I fele you can't really complain about the lottery content just because they had something better in the past.
    That way they could only improve the items and within a year they would be giving away First Age weapons.

( BTW, they allready had a lottery that gave away a Worn Symbol. Those go for 250G+ in our AH. I don't think any lotto win soon is going to be that good)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000053593/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Jarnos View Post
    There have been multiple lotteries that gave 5 Cracked Sigils, so a stack off 5 isn't too much.
    They also have had a stack of 5 scrolls that upgrade the tier of a legacy, that sell for even more G in the Ah than Sigils.

Sometimes the rewards are awesome, sometimes a little less awesome.

I fele you can't really complain about the lottery content just because they had something better in the past.
    That way they could only improve the items and within a year they would be giving away First Age weapons.

( BTW, they allready had a lottery that gave away a Worn Symbol. Those go for 250G+ in our AH. I don't think any lotto win soon is going to be that good)
    We aren't looking for each lottery to be better than the last, only that the items offered be usable by the character levels the lottery is for.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000c5929/signature.png]Naughtymistress[/charsig]

And some creeps. Most of whom shall remain nameless :p

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyMistress View Post
    We aren't looking for each lottery to be better than the last, only that the items offered be usable by the character levels the lottery is for.
    This. No one is saying we don't appreciate the lotteries, just that items should be level appropriate.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Mithril flakes are usable by crafters at level 75. I know many crafters who create gear for kinmates, lower levels, and others and appreciate having items they can use made available to them in lotteries. A flake you won is one you don't have to luck into or buy to craft that item for a kinnie.

This is why, especially for crafting materials, there is a wide variety of items that might not seem to 'fit' level wise that are included in lotteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Mithril flakes are usable by crafters at level 75. I know many crafters who create gear for kinmates, lower levels, and others and appreciate having items they can use made available to them in lotteries. A flake you won is one you don't have to luck into or buy to craft that item for a kinnie.

This is why, especially for crafting materials, there is a wide variety of items that might not seem to 'fit' level wise that are included in lotteries.
    well, if that's the argument you're gonna use then please give something a little more rare than mithril flakes. crit items (i.e. flax fibres, crafting journals, etc.) or the harder-to-find shards maybe?

and i'm not intentionally trolling old posts, I had all my toons match up for today's devout lottery (all are 65 or lower) and was looking to see if anyone else ran into this issue, saw this thread, then found sapience's comment.
    Gone but not forgotten: Misty Mountain Silver, Monster-specific Craft Ingredients, Man-heal being a +75% full health heal, Monster Aggro Halos (that extended past their noses!) and weapons that had different attack speeds.