We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Crickhollow PvMP Thoughts on Ettenmoors changes for U6 ?

Just wanted to see what some of you think about the coming potential changes to the currency ??

Re: Crickhollow PvMP Thoughts on Ettenmoors changes for U6 ?

My thoughts: "Yay! No more grinding in the delving for pots! Boo! Now my dp is useless!"
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000004b78a/signature.png]Akban[/charsig]
    Aarow - The champion with charisma.
    Oridon - A rune keeper of the highest quality. Also known to be on the crazy side.
    Akban - "Prepare to die."

Yes that would be a big bonus as well as it making pvp the main source of income for stats and goods ?? Although they said spend up your DP.. It may not mean losing all addtional "buffs" for DP ??

Warg changes seem interesting and Weaver changes make me smile. I just hope the rest of the creeps get some love too (Defilers, lookin at you dudes).

I feel mixed about the whole commendations thing. On the one hand, it seems like a good change to get rid of having so much DP because of all the PVE done to get all the traits a creep needs when they rank.

On the other hand, it seems like an overall disadvantage for creeps since the major source for commendations is PVP, which can be nasty for lower ranked creeps. Since I won't rank in a long while, I've got time to fight. Greeny Creeps need to rank fast and they can't do that getting ganked or zerged because they have no clue what they're doing.

Still, only time will tell.

Also, this whole thing about all items and traits being acquired immediately if you have enough commendations.

Sure? I dunno.
    I Tore A Path, Screaming Through Wind And Blood: I Will It All, Burning Deep In My Soul

R10 RVR: Zurushk R8 WVR: Carpetcrawler

Thumbs down Re: Crickhollow PvMP Thoughts on Ettenmoors changes for U6 ?

... commendations = borrowed gameplay idea from BioWare?

I'm laughing, because to me this is a joke.

Hax some more from other developers/publishers, but if you're going to do that - at least take the time to update the compiled character models and graphics overall - the gameplay in LOTRO is still TOO slow - and PvP is still ghetto.
    Last edited by Determination; Feb 20 2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: added more

I could say wait and see....which seems logical as we get let down alot. I like the warg changes, I think they may help, and should add to the play-ability for certain. The currency thing has the potential to really be good or really stink. "Forcing" us to pvp for stuff is a good thing, but yeah...we who are non-vip loose all that destiny, which really? that's not a big deal. I am hopeful about the statement that delving mobs will now drop pots usable by either side...that is sweet. Don't you hate getting morale, fear, stun, daze pots you cant use? On the possible negative for me...I have 7 brilliant stones and like 55 chieftain and tyrant crests which will likely net me just about nothing...again <shrug>. One encouragement is that turbine is atleast doing something.... Now some of the changes have not been too good, but at least pvmp is getting attention which is better than being totally ignored.
    Xalfang R10 warg, Xalweb R8 Spidey, Xalgnakah R8 Defiler/Bruzrat's pocket-healer, Euanggelion R8 Warden.

More PvMP changes coming with audacity.... should be a positive for all but especially creep side. The only way freeps can get it is by having the moors armor set....nice! Can't combine the better armor and still get the buff.

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdia...-pvmp-audacity
    Xalfang R10 warg, Xalweb R8 Spidey, Xalgnakah R8 Defiler/Bruzrat's pocket-healer, Euanggelion R8 Warden.

With the introduction of Commendations and Audacity I think we'll see 3 things change on Crick.

1) Bigger Zergballs, cuz hey if its harder to kill them, then we need more!

2) Commendations will lead to more PvP which will lead to....

3) More QQ. Cuz seriously, you're going to make us PvP for advancement? THANKS A LOT TURBINE
    Megabob

Quote Originally Posted by Determination View Post
    ... commendations = borrowed gameplay idea from BioWare?

I'm laughing, because to me this is a joke.

Hax some more from other developers/publishers, but if you're going to do that - at least take the time to update the compiled character models and graphics overall - the gameplay in LOTRO is still TOO slow - and PvP is still ghetto.
    Yeah, SWTOR was the first game to invent a PvP currency.
    Megabob

Quote Originally Posted by Oldin View Post
    Yeah, other developers/publishers use commendations as PvP currency.
    Fixed that for you kid.

I am glad to see a few more changes other than comendations ?? I am curious if this armour will be effective outside moors as well ? Because if it has added benefits and its online with instance gear we will see ALOT of people in moors. Which would make it even more fun !! Also glad to see it'll benefit to have rank there... I am sure all of you who spend alot of time grinding away will appreciate that because u cannot buy rank....

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdia...-pvmp-audacity

Quote Originally Posted by Protecktor View Post
    Fixed that for you kid.
    Well done. What'd you fix?
    Megabob

If it's not broken why try fix it? Why not fix broken things instead, Turbine? >_>
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjornl View Post
    Also glad to see it'll benefit to have rank there... I am sure all of you who spend alot of time grinding away will appreciate that because u cannot buy rank....
    Erm, maybe I just missed something reading, but I see nothing good coming out of this for people who already have a decent rank, all I remember reading was pvp armour not being rank gated any more, which was more or less the only exclusive thing at a higher rank that set you apart from others (the helm) now everyone can have all that, good for a lot of people I guess. Rank was pretty worthless before, now it seems it will be even more worthless...

Lotro PVP Videos l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

well from what i read all the veterans will now be finally leaving this near to dead game?

Quote Originally Posted by Erlessa View Post
    If it's not broken why try fix it? Why not fix broken things instead, Turbine? >_>
    I totally agree with Erlessa's post here.

I think this is a question that many of the veteran LOTRO players ask. There is nothing wrong with using the current currency, but they'll move forward and make changes and potentially introduce more problems (maybe).

It's great that the game is getting some PvP attention, but I'm not so sure that these changes are worth the amount of time spend in developing - where the same amount of attention could be used towards enhancing the game in areas that need to be fixed/optimized.

the intro of audacity makes the commendation curreny make sense now.

My guess is the new armor will be inferior to min/max builds on freepside currently. So this will translate into a nerf to freeps in PvP only (which is needed). Also gives a reason to PvP for both sides as opposed to PvE.
    GRUSM - REAVER, DUSKPAW - WARG, STIXM - WEAVER, GRUZGASH - BA

Quote Originally Posted by Protecktor View Post
    I totally agree with Erlessa's post here.

I think this is a question that many of the veteran LOTRO players ask. There is nothing wrong with using the current currency, but they'll move forward and make changes and potentially introduce more problems (maybe).

It's great that the game is getting some PvP attention, but I'm not so sure that these changes are worth the amount of time spend in developing - where the same amount of attention could be used towards enhancing the game in areas that need to be fixed/optimized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlessa View Post
    Umm thats great but what are you guys referring to as broken ?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000073512/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    -Grushak R7 Warg
    -Bruzrat R7 BA

Do ho ho guys. New Weaver info coming in Hot.

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdia...eaver-revision
    I Tore A Path, Screaming Through Wind And Blood: I Will It All, Burning Deep In My Soul

R10 RVR: Zurushk R8 WVR: Carpetcrawler

Very nice changes, thanks for the link! I am getting pretty pumped to see U6, I for one like pretty much everything they have announced.

Re: Crickhollow PvMP Thoughts on Ettenmoors changes for U6 ? Warg changes

Warg Changes for your enjoyment. Look out Freeps.

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/devdia...warg-revisions
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000a7766/signature.png]Acmereaver[/charsig]

Creeps are going to get a huge buff, and freeps are going to have to actually start grouping to compete. Freeps have always been op, but after the update this might not be the case.

Hunters, however, will be even more gimped than they have been. Blegh

The weaver and warg changes (especially weaver) seem very very interesting and I have nothing but to congratulate myself on my awesome insight for having creeps of those exact two classes.
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Here are some of the changes to reavers lol

Wrath: no longer require Defeat Event to use
    Devastating Strikes: Power cost significantly reduced
    Against the Odds: Cooldown reduced to 10min
    Against the Odds - Health and Power restore changed to a percentage of max health/power
    Resilience - Now cures and provides a 10s immunity to slows. Cooldown increased to 2min
    Devastating Strike - Now applies a 25% Incoming Healing debuff for 15s
    Thrash- This skill has been significantly overhauled:
    Changed to an area of effect skill with 4 max targets
    Skill and Savage Wound damage has been reduced
    Skill no longer requires Disarm to use
    Cooldown has been increased to 30s
    Power Cost has been significantly increased
    Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Every creep will get excited about the new changes, there will be some decent fights as the freeps start hitting new level cap, then they will get geared out properly and it will become clear the freeps will still faceroll the creeps by either (a) using their keyboard as a rolling pin on that nights home made pizza dough, or (b) vomiting violently onto their keyboards and wiping it up with sandpaper.
    I am the terror that flaps in the night.
    Pig

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast