We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Crickhollow PvMP Thoughts on Ettenmoors changes for U6 ?

Quote Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post
    Every creep will get excited about the new changes, there will be some decent fights as the freeps start hitting new level cap, then they will get geared out properly and it will become clear the freeps will still faceroll the creeps by either (a) using their keyboard as a rolling pin on that nights home made pizza dough, or (b) vomiting violently onto their keyboards and wiping it up with sandpaper.
    I was under the impression that these changes are update 6, in like a month. The level cap increase is at Rohan, in the fall

Though point taken

Eh, this will probably mean more than 1 cd in a 1v1 vs a capable player and prolly still no cds vs bad players. Raidwide might be interesting, but to judge groups/raids i'd love to see defiler and wl changes.

Lotro PVP Videos l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Idk if you've seen the update 6 notes on bullroarer but the new RK buffs are crazy, the new RK is crazy in itself and most freeps will probably be running around with even better jewellery, now obtained from rep vendors. The PvMP armour sets didn't look half bad either. I didn't get a good look on commendations though.
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

I still fail to see how rk's are crazy, nearly every warg can kill me before I come out of a stun. If I get knocked down I am done. RK's match up well against WLs, Defilers and Weavers. If the warg is better than the rk they can beat them, firehands has been ripping me a new one lately. Toxic and I go back and forth, and I have still never beaten cali 1v1. The top Reavers I'm not sure how much of it is me getting owned by better players or my morale just not being high enough to survive Reaver charge. Haven't heard about any new rk buffs, it would be nice to get a little love from the devs.

As for U6, love that the wargs are getting 2 different playstyles, whether this makes them OP or not doesn't matter, it is a step in the right direction.

Spiders needed the love there isn't a single toon that they should be 1v1 as they are now. Any fully geared freep should be able to beat spiders, I don't know how they were better pre-Isen, but they were soooooo much tougher.

The audacity thing is a double edged sword, putting the majority of freeps back into moors gear should make it easier for developers to balance creep/freep strength(if they want to that is). It also nerfs every CC class in the game, so lucky spiders are getting the dps revamp.

As for the commendations......these are an absolute joke. The only reason they are making a PvP currency is so the PvP players won't have stockpiles of DP for PvE raiding. Another attempt of getting players to use the store to beat the hardest raids in the game.

Rant over.
    Merlinros - Brandywine
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pDdg8Ha0A[/url]

./quote merlin

Just read my post, its a jumble of random thoughts, enjoy:

This game is not meant for 1v1s, period. Read the end of my post for more...

RKs are a glass cannon, with highest/second highest single target dps in the game (I've never played one, so I can't accurately say how the compare to hunters). The tradeoff between survivability and dps is nowhere near linear, which is why guards have decent dps and will not die, compared to hunters and especially RKs who have mega dps, with a super squishy toon.

I'm excited for commendations, I'm glad that you get pvp stuff from pvping. That makes me happy, and I seem to be the only one who sees it that way.

And as a side note, hunter's have a tough time beating spiders, even now. Best way to do it in my experience is to go full out dps, and that's playing with fire.

The only thing this game's got going for it (pvpwise) is the awesome lore and the open world. I'm hopeful audacity will fix some of the balance issues.

We're a small server, one of a few. Most servers, like Brandywine, are continuous raid vs raid action, which is why this game is not designed for 1v1s. Hunter's suck 1v1, but are awesome in a raid with a healer and some heavies.

In the end, only about 20% of the population is going to be happy, no matter what changes are made. This is why I'm playing an op class and blowing up people, to try and stay in that 20%.

When Jess says "Blowing up people" she means blowing up people except for Aarow. ;D

On topic: I, personally, am going to enjoy the changes with U6 very much.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000004b78a/signature.png]Akban[/charsig]
    Aarow - The champion with charisma.
    Oridon - A rune keeper of the highest quality. Also known to be on the crazy side.
    Akban - "Prepare to die."

I completely understand where you are coming from Jess.

A lot of my animosity towards the game actually comes from the constant QQ'ing on both sides. I stopped playing my rk because it became too easy to run out there and roll the new creeps even when we were out numbered more than 2:1.

Those new creeps are now ranked and have a lot more skill, so I ran back out on the rk, and get QQ'd at about how I was exploiting, and then how RK's are OP(so frustrating).

I rarely group now and have only been running with DoA/Spit groups for a while because at least then I can have some fun out there.

Back to the commendations, the lack of actual improvements made to lotro in general since I have been playing has left me jaded. The pure infamy/renown system from pvp worked, admit you were wrong lotro and go back to it.

I'd love to see 2 changes to lotro that

PvE wise, make all your instances scalable to 75, some of the older runs were so much better than the newer ones, it's not always possible to get better and better, sometimes you just get it right. Let us enjoy those challenging/fun instances again at endgame.(It wouldn't even take decent rewards to get us to play them, a trophy/title would do it.......)

PvP wise, I would love to see actual moors armour. Meaning when you enter into the ettenmoors you are forced to wear a basic set of armour based on your class(This would make it so much easier to balance classes). At each rank you get stat points that you can spend wherever you want on your armour, be a glass cannon, be balanced, build for survivability. I know I for one would love it, this would give actual meaning to ranking up as a freep.

Rant over......again....maybe....
    Merlinros - Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    ./quote merlin

Hunter's suck 1v1, but are awesome in a raid with a healer and some heavies.

pffft ;-)

ps - not missing the balance and ridiculous OP issues...are they getting better????
    Ellouhollia - R13 - Hunter (BW) | Ellou - R10 - Guardian (BW) | Slye - R10 - Burglar (CH) | Borialys - R8 - Minstrel (BW)
    Freepstalker - R8 - Stalker (CH) | Freepstalker - R7 - Stalker (BW) | Allwrong - R7 - Warleader (BW)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellouhollia View Post
    pffft ;-)

ps - not missing the balance and ridiculous OP issues...are they getting better????

I figured my post would answer that! Haha... no. BAs have yet to get nerfed, in fact, they're getting massive dps boosts come U6, same thing with spiders.

I'm still able to beat good wargs and reavers, the occasional war leader. I've beaten BAs when I'm able to break line of site and they don't know what they're doing.

Moors are still funnish though, lol

I could care less because I have 60 reasons Not to...

[center][color=red][size=3][color=gold]~[/color]Ittybitty, Reaver[color=gold]~[/color][/size]
    [size=1]Sexylegs, Rank [color=cyan]8[/color] Spider[/size]
    [size=1]Vic, Rank [color=cyan]7[/color] Defiler[/size][/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    I figured my post would answer that! Haha... no. BAs have yet to get nerfed, in fact, they're getting massive dps boosts come U6, same thing with spiders.

I'm still able to beat good wargs and reavers, the occasional war leader. I've beaten BAs when I'm able to break line of site and they don't know what they're doing.

Moors are still funnish though, lol
    Well as long as people are still having ;-)

I'll be coming back around soonish - got my Sentinel fully leveled and geared, and now I am rolling a healer for the first in my life which is a blast (especially when the whole opposing team focuses on me while my team takes the objective...lmfao hardcore).

Good Hunting All - I truly miss the culture of LOTRO and it will bring me back, but I am loving REAL PvP....where the outcome of any given 1v1 is uncertain and based on skill. Yeah - crazy I know.......................
    Ellouhollia - R13 - Hunter (BW) | Ellou - R10 - Guardian (BW) | Slye - R10 - Burglar (CH) | Borialys - R8 - Minstrel (BW)
    Freepstalker - R8 - Stalker (CH) | Freepstalker - R7 - Stalker (BW) | Allwrong - R7 - Warleader (BW)

Ell, Ello, Ellou...;D You can always just play your wargie(having good, cd-less 1v1s still, some guys even kill me ), lmao.
    Miss yer hunteryness out there, I know it kinda sucks to be a hunter often, but it can be fun, esp duo and small/not full fellow hope to meet you out again sometime, you know you already kinda broke the promise you made, lol.

Lotro PVP Videos l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    Ell, Ello, Ellou...;D You can always just play your wargie(having good, cd-less 1v1s still, some guys even kill me ), lmao.
    Miss yer hunteryness out there, I know it kinda sucks to be a hunter often, but it can be fun, esp duo and small/not full fellow hope to meet you out again sometime, you know you already kinda broke the promise you made, lol.
    You see that's what I mean....the culture....I miss you too Thor ;-)

ps - the last time I hoped on my warg i ran into some mini that prolly thought he was awesome....while I still trying to remember key binds he was on his 37th bubble and 53rd cc attack. Perhaps I should give it another go sooner than later, but really - the class imbalance is ever more clear having played something different for a while. That said - LOTRO PvP Mechanics BLOW SWTOR OUT OF THE WATER BEYOND COMPARISON. I mean it's almost silly the things SWTOR is missing....but it's new...they'll figure it out...heh

pps - There was NO TIME LIMIT on my promise Thor! Besides, the bush has grown some I am sure will hide our nefarious activities all the better

Good Hunting!

Ell

Wargs get the greatest attack ever created

Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

The skill itself looks awesome, nice idea for the mit drops.

I really hope that is the actual animation for it too, and you're not just getting our hopes up shagger lol.
    Merlinros - Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Ellouhollia View Post

Imbalance stuff

Good Hunting!

Ell
    Well, minis get nerfed a bit, tho i imagine hunters being in a different state too, longer fights are tough :/
    It will probably get better, but idk yet, any ways, good to see you're still alive, hah!

all i want to say is, remember that i played both the warg and the warden before they were Quote "OP". MY TIME HAS COME. i think...

So... Update 6 out Monday?

Update 6 out Monday.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...73#post6031673

Things to look forward to:

Audacity and Commendations: Commendations becomes our new Moors currency, allowing us to buy everything (EXCEPT FOR SIGIL SKINS URGH!). In had with Commendations, we can but the new Audacity traits with Commendations, in the form of Passive skills for creeps and ALL OVER FREEPS FRIGGIN NEW SEXY PVMP ARMOUR, with each class getting three sets of armour to use.

Instance Finder Update: The instance finder now had the ability to do everything you wanted it to do the first time around, like selecting which instance you wanna jump into, who you wanna do it with, why you want to do it with them... Just better all around, which I enjoy.

Skirmish Soldiers on Landscapes: the entire selling point of the new update, you can now summon your soldier in the wild and have an extra hand curb-stomping monsters. To summon them, you must buy tokens at the currency exchange guy at skirmish camps. The tokens last for an hour, but you can dismiss you soldier for a while, pull him back out, and no time has passed. You can keep him all day if you like without buying another token, just gotta be mindful of how often you use him.

Freep Changes:

While all freeps are getting looked at and tuned up, Wardens and RKs are getting entirely revamped. Wardens will become super-viable tanks with sexy, sexy heals, while RKs will lose a bit of DPS to become more situational nuking Gods. Also, they become super healers. LMs finally get a ranged-item, classes get bugs fixed, and I dunno anything about Minis.

Creep Changes:

The main changes this go around belong to the Weavers and Wargs. Weavers become late-game-cc-powerhouses with their own survive-from-falling-off-the-tallest-tower ability and increase CC, with Wargs joining in with the increased CC while also getting two new stances for diff play-styles; Shadow for stealth, Flayer for brawling. NOTE: if you already have the shadow howler skill, Flayer replaces it.

Reavers get a few buffs towards damage, with Thrash being used without Disarm, plus have a 30 second cool down. Defiler Flies also get a buff. The flies.

Instances will be fixed, like Icy Crevasse, and other stuff...

Oh...

AND THE GREAT RIVER REGION

The New level 75 Regions to bridge us between Lothlorien and Rohan with over 200 quests and beautiful landscapes. Free for VIPs, two new factions to barter with for Horses and Items and junk. New Jewelry/Sword/Armour recipes, more monsters, more everything.

Get excited guys.
    I Tore A Path, Screaming Through Wind And Blood: I Will It All, Burning Deep In My Soul

R10 RVR: Zurushk R8 WVR: Carpetcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by thatrealbadplayer View Post
    So... Update 6 out Monday?

Update 6 out Monday.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...73#post6031673

Things to look forward to:

Audacity and Commendations: Commendations becomes our new Moors currency, allowing us to buy everything (EXCEPT FOR SIGIL SKINS URGH!). In had with Commendations, we can but the new Audacity traits with Commendations, in the form of Passive skills for creeps and ALL OVER FREEPS FRIGGIN NEW SEXY PVMP ARMOUR, with each class getting three sets of armour to use.

Instance Finder Update: The instance finder now had the ability to do everything you wanted it to do the first time around, like selecting which instance you wanna jump into, who you wanna do it with, why you want to do it with them... Just better all around, which I enjoy.

Skirmish Soldiers on Landscapes: the entire selling point of the new update, you can now summon your soldier in the wild and have an extra hand curb-stomping monsters. To summon them, you must buy tokens at the currency exchange guy at skirmish camps. The tokens last for an hour, but you can dismiss you soldier for a while, pull him back out, and no time has passed. You can keep him all day if you like without buying another token, just gotta be mindful of how often you use him.

Freep Changes:

While all freeps are getting looked at and tuned up, Wardens and RKs are getting entirely revamped. Wardens will become super-viable tanks with sexy, sexy heals, while RKs will lose a bit of DPS to become more situational nuking Gods. Also, they become super healers. LMs finally get a ranged-item, classes get bugs fixed, and I dunno anything about Minis.

Creep Changes:

The main changes this go around belong to the Weavers and Wargs. Weavers become late-game-cc-powerhouses with their own survive-from-falling-off-the-tallest-tower ability and increase CC, with Wargs joining in with the increased CC while also getting two new stances for diff play-styles; Shadow for stealth, Flayer for brawling. NOTE: if you already have the shadow howler skill, Flayer replaces it.

Reavers get a few buffs towards damage, with Thrash being used without Disarm, plus have a 30 second cool down. Defiler Flies also get a buff. The flies.

Instances will be fixed, like Icy Crevasse, and other stuff...

Oh...

AND THE GREAT RIVER REGION

The New level 75 Regions to bridge us between Lothlorien and Rohan with over 200 quests and beautiful landscapes. Free for VIPs, two new factions to barter with for Horses and Items and junk. New Jewelry/Sword/Armour recipes, more monsters, more everything.

Get excited guys.

RK's are actually gaining dps, not more nuking ability. Expect to see nearly all RK's switch back to lightning builds.
    Merlinros - Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by thatrealbadplayer View Post
    Creep Changes:

Weavers are not getting any increases in CC.
    We are getting a DPS increase and a change to buffs/debuffs.
    We are becoming immune to broken legs permanently [no skill activation required].
    [COLOR=SeaGreen][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100002ee48c/signature.png]Venobyte[/charsig]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=Black]Terrabyte[/COLOR] - Brinson - Arvein - Aviente

Quote Originally Posted by Nytshade617 View Post
    We are becoming immune to broken legs permanently [no skill activation required].

That's silly. The no skill part.

D'oh >.o

Sorry for all the inconsistencies.
    I Tore A Path, Screaming Through Wind And Blood: I Will It All, Burning Deep In My Soul

R10 RVR: Zurushk R8 WVR: Carpetcrawler

I miss being OP. Perhaps U6 is the perfect time to dust off my old burg...

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000006abca/signature.png]Cornea[/charsig]
    Cornea r10 | Spidermanz r7 | Hangnail r5 | Cornia r5 | Earz r5 | Femur r4

24. Mar 09 2012, 09:25 PM

I rly hope u6 will bring more ppl to the Moors,it`s been dead quiet for the last weeks..

/cheers

Burzan

edit.Welcome back Cornea!

Burzan aka Trompok(BW) - R14 Reaver
    Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!

Cornea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! <3
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast