We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Well well well, whats all this then?

Lotro lives?

I see Tipi is still about :O and Fattsu stealing from the lottery :O

Hai guys!

Re: Well well well, whats all this then?

A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won

well well well stop playing swtor and come back!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001375ba/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Energiser View Post
    well well well stop playing swtor and come back!

We got the world 3rd in SWTOR but the content is so casual I folded the guild after 6 weeks.

Sadly I wont be returning to LOTRO as this account transfer thing has fked me over and lost my account, oh well GW2 beta soon and D3 anyway.

Any oldschool players add me on Skype Arcanemagei@hotmail.com (even creep victims, its k)

Laters guys

Lo Rodin's Bane

Lotro pvp is very meh of late , several factors to this , creep broken mits so freeps hit harder , creep dps not kept upto balance with the uncapping of stats for freeps, if u played now u would be seriously thinking why didn't I roll a mincer etc etc etc
    Lack of any real talent freep leader wise , we had a period of Doglipstick(Darkmystic no malice intended as most know I make up names for lots of freeps/creeps when leading) during the middle of last year. Not many times I've had a full creep raid up ,though had a nice 1 late May when globalOOC was shouting for a 3rd raid against mine and whatever followed me around.1k of infamy from 1 push alone with 50 freeps dead and only 2 or 3 creeps dead

Many freeps miss the old style of raid bashes with either yourself or myself at the helm for freeps
    1 freep has come to me asking if we could get something going ,I've offered to drop in on freep to lend a hand so who knows there might still be life in the old dog yet

Boonie

The Avengers

Black Guard
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000260ab/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Hey boonie!

Man that sucks, broken mits, no pvp updates in 2 years oO weak

Glad to hear your creep burgers still creating mayhem

You going to play Guild Wars 2? it looks to have some awsome open world and world vs world pvp, caneraids!

Nice to hear from you boonie

-Rodins Bane

hmm you could return to lotro on creepside that way you won't need to lvl a new toon and we could use all the help we can get reavers are f2p now after all

From what I heard you were a raid leader, and we could use more of those for sure, as well as dps, heals, mitigations, numbers ... but small steps in the right direction are good too
    Duskdancer, warg: If found please return to Gwairin, lvl 85 hunter in Evernight

Is there nothing Turbine can do at all then?

I know they did impose a deadline for the migrating thing but I'd be sure everyone still got moved as it was a simple server transition.
    ~Commander Zaddoc the Undying
    The Lost Alliance, Evernight
    twitter.com/STARS_TyranT

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsinger View Post
    hmm you could return to lotro on creepside that way you won't need to lvl a new toon and we could use all the help we can get reavers are f2p now after all

From what I heard you were a raid leader, and we could use more of those for sure, as well as dps, heals, mitigations, numbers ... but small steps in the right direction are good too

LMAO

Welcome and goodbye, Mr. Arcadas

Quote Originally Posted by Zaddoc View Post
    Is there nothing Turbine can do at all then?

I know they did impose a deadline for the migrating thing but I'd be sure everyone still got moved as it was a simple server transition.
    My charactor Arcanas is on the current Evernight server but I cant access it and wont be able to because of this limited time transfer thing.

Facepalm.

:O Hellfang?

Playing starwars oO? Its terribad and full of fanbois who think its good oO

I made a freebie reaver called facepalm today to see the action, seems dire compared to the old days Creeps had huge number advantage was just ganking for hours, then freeps made some awful raid and get farmed a bit more. Slack :X

Still I did have some fun suiciding at Watchtower and having a smoke with Fingerz so it wasn't all bad.

I'm not Hellfang pakete... And came back from SWTOR just a few days before trying, as most of the ppl, prob ISM is still there must log someday to see... enjoy GW2

12. Feb 28 2012, 06:33 PM

Hehey Cane! Everything good with you? Haven't seen or spoken with you in a while. Myself have been quite inactive for a couple of months, just dropping by on forums now & then to check if any fancy stuff is going on.. Also just dropping in-game on my (these days) f2p account to have a chat with Fartenius, Fattsu, etc.

But yeah, Lotro is pretty history for me now. I don't find myself coming back any soon as an active player, as I'm currently pretty much addicted to Mount & Musket as much as my education just steals off all my time.

Hey mate

yeah all's well here!

You should checkout d3 or gw2!

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneMagei View Post
    Hey mate

yeah all's well here!

You should checkout d3 or gw2!
    Ohoho iradiated afghan cammello. Come on a ftp freep to talk to me. I rarely see your nab reaver

Haha, sup Cane! Roll a f2p reaver and store it up to create massive p2w, not like anyone else I know zSSSS

17. Mar 05 2012, 07:17 PM

Reason
    name-calling

18. Mar 06 2012, 06:11 AM

Reason
    name-calling

I see nothing has changed, Bellen is still jealous of a proper team player and leader.
    Do you know any?

Creeps have no shield wall?

I dont even play this game anymore but as far as I was aware high rank Defilers have a shield wall, limited though it is.
    AFAIK that has a limited time span or summat?
    [b][color=lightblue]"[i]'Ai! ai!'[/i] wailed Legolas. [i]'A Rune-Keeper! A Rune-Keeper is come!'[/i]

Gimli stared with wide eyes. [i]'Tolkien's Bane!'[/i] he cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face."[/color][/b]

I know a few, Naz, Ryhan, Me, Boon... theres probably more.

Yes it functions slightly differently to the freep version (like all skills) but it is a shieldwall.

Come along now Bellen, I hand out a 2 year advantage and your knowledge is still fail

Yes it functions slightly differently to the freep version (like all skills) but it is a shieldwall.
    If it has a limited time span - not a shield-wall. The main purpose and benefit of a guardians shield-wall is it provides constant protection providing you stay in range. Plus it has a short cooldown. If the Def skill has a limited time span and thus presumably a cooldown of a few minutes or more then it can't be compared to the shield-wall.

Thus my vision of you rolling a reaver and running off to the mountains to live as a goat would be correct. No permanent protection = cowering cane.

Come along now Bellen, I hand out a 2 year advantage and your knowledge is still fail
    Knowledge=/=competence. You didn't run around solo because you had none of the latter.
    [b][color=lightblue]"[i]'Ai! ai!'[/i] wailed Legolas. [i]'A Rune-Keeper! A Rune-Keeper is come!'[/i]

Gimli stared with wide eyes. [i]'Tolkien's Bane!'[/i] he cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face."[/color][/b]

Rofl.

It is a shield wall effect. Stop wriggling and admit that you forgot about it.

I soloed from rank 0-10~ but as you were a late arrival to the server you are forgiven for not knowing that I only started raid leading because soloing was getting old.

Its ok Beleg, one day you'l be right and you can be proud.

It is a shield wall effect. Stop wriggling and admit that you forgot about it.
    I admit that it's not the same as a shield-wall. It's a limited effect skill. Otherwise let's just have done and call the WL bubble a shield wall.

I soloed from rank 0-10~ but as you were a late arrival to the server you are forgiven for not knowing that I only started raid leading because soloing was getting old.
    I 'arrived' on the server about three months after SoA launched.

You did a bit of soloing when RKs were very strong in the early/mid MoM days. For a long time after no one saw you in the Moors' solo at all.

Its ok Beleg, one day you'l be right and you can be proud.
    I take pride in knowing that anything I've achieved in the Ettenmoors is off my own back.

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg-Of-Doriath View Post
    I admit that it's not the same as a shield-wall. It's a limited effect skill. Otherwise let's just have done and call the WL bubble a shield wall.
    Shieldwall means redirecting damage from target to caster, duration or cooldown are irrelevant.

Bubble is not a shieldwall.

I 'arrived' on the server about three months after SoA launched.
    Arrived maybe but active no.

You did a bit of soloing when RKs were very strong in the early/mid MoM days. For a long time after no one saw you in the Moors' solo at all.
    Like I said, soloed for months then started leading some of the best pvp on the server. Raid v Raid with Naz or Rhyan was awsome for all involved.

Its funny how on a point where you were clearly just wrong, you go to such elaborate lengths to deny and distract.

I take pride in knowing that anything I've achieved in the Ettenmoors is off my own back.

I take pride in having lead hundreds of different players in a fun and successful manner, having run player events with so many players inside tol the servers just stopped and everyone stood around for 30seconds doing nothing and ofc for truly being a Hero of the Ettenmoors.

Oh and still after 2 years owning other games I still know more about basic stuff here than bads.
    Last edited by ArcaneMagei; Mar 06 2012 at 07:49 PM.

Lol cba @ all the walls of text.

Reaver got nerfed aye, hence why I've levelled a champ, I still wana play the OP melee class

Cane, mincer > Rks these days, roll one!

Shieldwall means redirecting damage from target to caster, duration or cooldown are irrelevant.
    Now you're putting criteria to it, just like I was. And I consider the permanent nature of the Shield-wall to be fundamental to its purpose. It provides constant protection. Def skill is just 'now and again' protection.

Plus, if you actually read what I originally said, you would see that it was this lack of permanent protection creep side that would make you fearful. The Def mitigation skill doesn't alter that.

Arrived maybe but active no.
    Active in the Moors? No, not until later on in SoA. What's your point?

Like I said, soloed for months then started leading some of the best pvp on the server. Raid v Raid with Naz or Rhyan was awsome for all involved.
    Raiding may have been fun but that's not what I was disputing. Its the fact that most of your renown, by far, has been achieved via raids/zergs.

Its funny how on a point where you were clearly just wrong, you go to such elaborate lengths to deny and distract.
    I just go a bit deeper into explaining things, which you're clearly not used to.

I take pride in having lead hundreds of different players in a fun and successful manner, having run player events with so many players inside tol the servers just stopped and everyone stood around for 30seconds doing nothing and ofc for truly being a Hero of the Ettenmoors.
    Doesn't alter the fact that the majority of your ranks you've achieved in a raid/zerg situation, and not always in a good way. If I recall there were endless complaints made against you in the latter days of your 'outstanding raid-leading career', by some high-ranked notable players as well.
    I take pride in the fact that I achieved the same level of infamy (as in reputation) as you - probably moreso during the height of MoM (cue the denial) - by myself without the need for raiding. It was this that then caused me to start posting in the MonsterPlay forums.

Oh and still after 2 years owning other games I still know more about basic stuff here than bads.
    I've yet to see anything proving so.

All you've got on me - and you've milked it for everything it's worth and then some since - is that once upon a time I didn't realise poison cure got rid of the Spider hatchling de-buff.

Now you're putting criteria to it, just like I was. And I consider the permanent nature of the Shield-wall to be fundamental to its purpose. It provides constant protection. Def skill is just 'now and again' protection.
    ROFL. Putting criteria to it... what that a "shield wall" by definition is one player transfering damage from target to himself, an ability that creeps do have.

Hell if you google "lotro defiler shieldwall" what do you get? a bunch of links to people talking about the skill. Hmmmm Derp

Way to miss the point.

Plus, if you actually read what I originally said, you would see that it was this lack of permanent protection creep side that would make you fearful. The creep shieldwall* doesn't alter that.
    *Corrected for accuracy.

You'l note that I didn't debate your absurd claim involving goats and seclusion, what you do in your own time I don't care. However I can at least see that you demonstarate your great knowledge of the game in your posts.

Raiding may have been fun but that's not what I was disputing. Its the fact that most of your renown, by far, has been achieved via raids/zergs.
    Lol beleg you are pathetic, you realy think that someone who plays solo the entire time on a easymore ranged dps achieves more than someone running player events, constant pvp groups and open raids? Well gonna have to disagree there. If you were a Champ maybe some respect but a hunter? Pewpewtastic, stealth, track, zzz easy.

I just go a bit deeper into explaining things, which you're clearly not used to.
    No you make incorrect statements then try to weasel your way out of the admission by attacking the other player verbaly while ignoring the main points as demonstrated by this thread.

I take pride in the fact that I achieved the same level of infamy (as in reputation) as you - probably moreso during the height of MoM (cue the denial) - by myself without the need for raiding. It was this that then caused me to start posting in the MonsterPlay forums.
    Rk's only available after MoM and I was highest rank in Europe when I quit. if you'd achieved that on your hunter you'd have been R15 given SoA release date.

Clearly you didn't learn this in the 2 years I was away (and its still important to you) but let me explain:

YOU GET MORE RENOWN FROM SOLOING AS A RANGED DPS THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME BECAUSE IT IS VERY EASY TO PLAY.

I was making 15k+ daily with peaks of over 20k soloing but do that for a month and it gets very boring.

All you've got on me - and you've milked it for everything it's worth and then some since - is that once upon a time I didn't realise poison cure got rid of the Spider hatchling de-buff.
    Yes that was one of many times where you spoke first and thought later, defilers shieldwall being only the most recent.

ROFL. Putting criteria to it... what that a "shield wall" by definition is one player transfering damage from target to himself, an ability that creeps do have.

Hell if you google "lotro defiler shieldwall" what do you get? a bunch of links to people talking about the skill. Hmmmm Derp
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Either way it doesn't alter my original point that there is no skill creep side which gives another player permanent protection. Therefore you would be too fearful to stick at it.

Way to miss the point.
    Well at least you admit it, good on you.

You'l note that I couldn't debate your valid claim involving goats and seclusion...
    *Corrected for accuracy.

However I can at least see that you demonstarate your great knowledge of the game in your posts.
    I thank you.

Lol beleg you are pathetic, you realy think that someone who plays solo the entire time on a easymore ranged dps achieves more than someone running player events, constant pvp groups and open raids?
    Dear me, that really is a prime case of looking back with rose-tinted glasses. You're really painting a rosey picture of your raiding days, aren't you? It wasn't all that. You aren't called 'dinner time cane' for nothing.

No you make incorrect statements then try to weasel your way out of the admission by attacking the other player verbaly while ignoring the main points as demonstrated by this thread.
    It's quite simple:

1. You think the Def skill is sufficiently similar to the shield-wall to warrant calling it the same.
    2. I don't because it has a limited duration and a cooldown.

Rk's only available after MoM and I was highest rank in Europe when I quit. if you'd achieved that on your hunter you'd have been R15 given SoA release date.
    Most of your rank was achieved solely by raiding. Big deal.

Clearly you didn't learn this in the 2 years I was away (and its still important to you) but let me explain:

YOU GET MORE RENOWN FROM SOLOING AS A RANGED DPS THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME BECAUSE IT IS VERY EASY TO PLAY.
    That is not the case and hasn't been the case for a long time, if ever. Perhaps when solo action was at its best and raid action at its worst it might have been possible to gain more using a ranged/tactical classes than raiding, but even then I doubt it.

I was making 15k+ daily with peaks of over 20k soloing but do that for a month and it gets very boring.
    You're comparing 10 hours+ solo with a few hours of raiding. Not a fair comparison. If the raid leader is any good he can gain more per hour than a random solo can.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast