We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Call It Out

Re: Call It Out

Quote Originally Posted by 22Acacia View Post
    And BTW: SWTOR was mind numbingly boring. I made it to level 12 before canceling. Even Warhammer was more entertaining. LotRO also got boring at first. I recall that I stopped playing for a couple of months before finishing leveling, but it was far more fun than SWTOR at launch. Either way, without pvp, I would have quit LotRO exactly four and a half years ago. I can't imagine what keeps people playing these grinders without pvp. ./shrug
    Wow, level 12!!! At least you gave it a fair chance!!!! ./facepalm

Playing ToR to lvl 12 and quitting because its boring is like playing LOTRO and quitting because Archet is boring.
    Last edited by Gladgilrian; Apr 23 2012 at 03:20 PM.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by kendawg75 View Post
    most of MMO player base is interested in PVE content. pvp community is usually very small.

i think most peoples view of TOR,that i have talked to, in the beginning is its not boring or a grind fest.
    I made that ascertation on my servers forums in ToR after all the epeen wagging, so-called hard core PvPers rage quit after 1.2 and was soundly flamed for it. I'm as hard core a PvPer as there is, but the truth that most PvPers can't swallow is that the hard core PvP community is relatively small compared to the casuals and PvE community. If people can't get there head around that they will forever be disappointed in MMO's.

I agree, I don't find ToR boring at all and its the least grindy game I've ever played, but the War Hero gear seems to be getting grindy IMO.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

any gaming experience is surely bound to what you actually make it during the process...you can complain about the game mechanics or its content, but the problem is really you. I believe you all have been preaching to adapt to the current game state , seems like none have followed up their own advice, imo/
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

LOTRO > TOR

Firstly, the community isn't (entirely) made up of a bunch of angst ridden ######s from WoW. LOTRO's chat channels were (are?) more mature - although I'm afraid that the newer FTP members, the constant grind for EVERYTHING, and the increasing sales of those shine-slick cans of energy drinks have all caused the community to take a more brash approach when talking to one another, as we observe in GLFF nearly every day.

TOR has too many loading screens.

LOTRO's storyline is better, though it could do with following TOR's example of interactive video.

TOR at least has good PVP zones, although the PVP combat is too brief in my experience. (I stopped playing in Februrary due to constant lag problems especially in PVP - when/if I upgrade my computer in the future, I might return.)

Captain: Auralia | Defiler: Spacemonkey | Fail Warden Tank: Damoiselle | Pie-Eating Monster of Doom: Chimichanga

The most important thing TOR had that LOTRO didn't in terms of pvp was variety imo. Not talking about balance or mirrored classes at all...just talking about the ability to work on Ilum (world pvpish) or queue warzones and get somewhat instant action. You want something a little closer to what the moors is like with relatively random encounters...Ilum is kinda sorta that with the daily/weekly quests in there as well. You want to jump right into some quick pvp then warzones had that. About 15min or so a match and you're gonna net comms etc. win or lose.

Personally I also got bored of TOR after a little over a month. Hit lvl cap pretty quick then slowly got into warzones mainly since Ilum had those early bugs with turret farming etc. As soon as I hit 59-60 valor rank with all the champ gear and about to work towards the next tier of junk...the redundant play experience of only 3 warzones hit me and I pretty much stopped right there. I was also in a very small guild though so I didn't get to try a lot of the higher end pve content. Just agreeing that even semi-hardcore pvpers would probably get tired of TOR pretty quick.

If LOTRO somehow, someway added a pvp element similar to warzones that little bit of variety would help a lot to keep interest. They might have a decent amount of the mechanics already available with how the skirmish system/panel works. It'll never happen but tossing a 3v3 creep vs freep group into an instanced zone like swordhalls arena to just beat the snot out of each other would still be fun...regardless of class balance and which classes are op. Sure it'd get lopsided fast either way depending on each group but it's variety and even a little bit more of that helps to keep the interest of pvp oriented players.
    "THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over"
    — Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolopasso View Post
    LOTRO > TOR

Firstly, the community isn't (entirely) made up of a bunch of angst ridden ######s from WoW. LOTRO's chat channels were (are?) more mature - although I'm afraid that the newer FTP members, the constant grind for EVERYTHING, and the increasing sales of those shine-slick cans of energy drinks have all caused the community to take a more brash approach when talking to one another, as we observe in GLFF nearly every day.

TOR has too many loading screens.

LOTRO's storyline is better, though it could do with following TOR's example of interactive video.

TOR at least has good PVP zones, although the PVP combat is too brief in my experience. (I stopped playing in Februrary due to constant lag problems especially in PVP - when/if I upgrade my computer in the future, I might return.)
    The community in LOTRO is generally more friendly, but since F2P I've seen it go into the toilet just like most people predicted.

I couldn't disagree more about the storylines. SoA had a good storyline, but everything since has been pure ####. The other thing is every toons story is exactly the same. In ToR there are 8 different storylines, and even with that 8 there are choices that can be made to change those as well.

An updated computer is a must, ToR isn't as forgiving as LOTRO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    Playing ToR to lvl 12 and quitting because its boring is like playing LOTRO and quitting because Archet is boring.
    Yeah, it must be pretty boring huh?

I miss you too Milt, you watching hockey playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    I miss you too Milt, you watching hockey playoffs?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMiLxhfCfZM

<3

You know I am.

Quote Originally Posted by 22Acacia View Post
    It may be the worst grinder now. I don't think it was at launch. The pvp is subjective, I still like the concept of monsters vs. free people. But as I've stated elsewhere, I play now basically out of habit so I'm not exactly going to defend it.
    It wasn't a grinder (as such) at launch (Elder Staff, anyone?) but it certainly is now. The PvMP had potential (It's potential ran out when MoM went live and they didn't touch it) and that's about it. I know you play out of habit, as I did, I suggest re-subbing and trying swtor a little more.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000aac9c/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Do you guys know if they gonna make a new pvp zone soon?
    R.I.P Esfiel(Rank13) (Promotion Rank 7) BA(rank8) Spider(rank8) Coq(rank9)

If they release new pvp zone, Kalioth should delete his toons like he promised)

Quote Originally Posted by Olorinistari View Post
    All I can say is: 'In the company of Burglars'? Burgs are a SOLO class, like wargs...oops, I forgot I was talking to a creep...you guys don't have the talent to have a warg solo. I have a burg and never group on it and haven't played the minstrel in a month. In response to the other fallicy you posted: I solo all the time on my minnie and most of the time in YOUR NPCs. All I can say is: ANYWHERE AND ANYTIME you want a 1v1...and by 1v1 I mean the freep version of 1v1...me versus you (minus the accompanying warg pack) and we can have lots of fun. Much love and see you out there (with the fail pack).
    Off topic but I have been questioning everyone idea of solo? When I am solo, I go somewhere alone with no knowledge of knowing anyone else might be in the area. I solo on warg a lot, also on BA and WL and always (with occasional snoop around raid at stab) on burg. The funny thing is though the only burgs I seen running solo in moors since I got back on creep is Madam the rest seem to be hugging the mini packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisroc00 View Post
    Off topic but I have been questioning everyone idea of solo? When I am solo, I go somewhere alone with no knowledge of knowing anyone else might be in the area. I solo on warg a lot, also on BA and WL and always (with occasional snoop around raid at stab) on burg. The funny thing is though the only burgs I seen running solo in moors since I got back on creep is Madam the rest seem to be hugging the mini packs.
    This server is awful for soloing. Most everyone zergs or logs.

I'm not quite so outraged as I once was when you find yourself encountering what might be a good fight only to be zerged halfway into it. Some players are intentional about it, some of it is circumstantial, and it happens on both sides.

As an experiment, I've rerolled my WL (Lollybomb) and when encountering freeps, I walk around and do emotes, sometimes throwing a heal to my fellow creep or reviving the fallen, but never attacking freeps in the fight. He will only rank via PVE, and any freep who attacks him will most certainly have an easy fight. Soon, he will have a Gat-like rating.

In doing this, I've noted the freeps who attack automatically, without thinking, most usually surrounded by NPCS or a raid, and the freeps who completely ignore me. It wasn't too much of a surprise to note that the freeps I have the least respect for are the ones who are going balls out on me when all I do is /cheer.

Captain: Auralia | Defiler: Spacemonkey | Fail Warden Tank: Damoiselle | Pie-Eating Monster of Doom: Chimichanga

Quote Originally Posted by frosty132 View Post
    The ellusive frosty strikes again. Why'd you leave me!
    [CENTER][URL="http://lotrocommunity.com"]
    [/URL][URL="http://lotrocommunity.com"][B][COLOR=#ED2669]A vote for lotrocommunity is a vote for progress! Vote today![/COLOR][/B][/URL]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Nimrodel's #1 Inandout reaver[/COLOR].
    [/CENTER]

La la la it's all been done it's all been said before...
    [/URL][URL="http://lotrocommunity.com"][B][COLOR=#ED2669]A vote for lotrocommunity is a vote for progress! Vote today![/COLOR][/B][/URL]

[/CENTER]

I'm not quite so outraged as I once was when you find yourself encountering what might be a good fight only to be zerged halfway into it. Some players are intentional about it, some of it is circumstantial, and it happens on both sides.

As an experiment, I've rerolled my WL (Lollybomb) and when encountering freeps, I walk around and do emotes, sometimes throwing a heal to my fellow creep or reviving the fallen, but never attacking freeps in the fight. He will only rank via PVE, and any freep who attacks him will most certainly have an easy fight. Soon, he will have a Gat-like rating.

In doing this, I've noted the freeps who attack automatically, without thinking, most usually surrounded by NPCS or a raid, and the freeps who completely ignore me. It wasn't too much of a surprise to note that the freeps I have the least respect for are the ones who are going balls out on me when all I do is /cheer.
    This reminds me of Freepfang and/or SoA with PIE. Funny how things change but shockingly there are still a few that got out to have fun rather then zerg their way to r15. One LM cannot recall the Name ... So(something)... gave my BA a free pass and shocked living #### out of me doing so. I have not had a free pass since SoA.

Quote Originally Posted by masontamason View Post
    The ellusive frosty strikes again. Why'd you leave me!
    <3

You left my lm.

Quote Originally Posted by frosty132 View Post
    <3

You left my lm.
    I'm still here baby! and here and there.... bah my toons are everywhere.

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by masontamason View Post
    I'm still here baby! and here and there.... bah my toons are everywhere.
    Sounds like you know your way around.

Just saying, after watching your playstyle for a while, this thread is twice as amusing as it was the first time I read it.

Dearest milty, I do like how you give advice about "picking your fights" to me and then go ahead and try to gank a noob RK when you know that there are NPCs nearby, another RK, and me (because you tracked me right before that). And when you fail to do that, you cry about it. From the way I see it, you call me dishonorable every time I kill you.

What would have me do? Shall I stick around and get spam tracked and then be zerged time and time again? Or shall I cut to the fringe, picking off people - no matter their rank - who stray too far from the main pack. Sometimes I get a little suicidal and decide to see if I can gank a greenie (or ranked creep) in the middle of their raid before they can kill me. Sometimes I'll even try for a Blade, knowing his lover isn't too far away. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but apparently when it does work, when I use the advantage of being a stealth class, when I sneak behind the zergatrons running heavy-footed into EC to kill someone standing on STAB who didn't get the memo, I am being dishonorable.

Killing someone questing isn't what the original post was about, either. It was speaking of (at the time) freeps going around killing questers in overwhelming capacity. Do I troll around with a pocket healer or another burg? No. I kill a creep and move on. I don't farm them. I don't farm a FTP account, either...

So what if I corpse jump you when you and another ranked warg try, unsuccessfully to kill me. That's my victory jump. And when I said those words about you sucking on your warg, I meant them. You need practice, or maybe you just had an off day. Whatever the case, I won that fight. I'm going to gloat about it.

That isn't enough for you. You want to whine all the time when you see me on creepside, telling me who I am, and how I'm a "lost cause,' and calling me names. That isn't fun for me. What do you get out of the deal? Some sense of superiority?

I don't care for your opinion, anymore. In case you didn't realize it today, I put you in time-out.

I got a taco, a feeling, some Maalox, and a plunger.

The first one is the subject material

The second one is a side effect from the subject material

The third one is a mitigation modifier

The forth one is the "oh sh!t" button

We all know it...Same subject material for five years and even now, it still seems to come down to the plunger.

Nobody admits it, but you know deep down.....that everyone has been there at least once. And, despite how many times it has happened, its still funnier than.......sh!t......when it just so happens to somebody else.

Best thing to do is not explain it. Just smile the next time it's their turn. ;]
    [URL="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/73sg.png/"][IMG]http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9918/73sg.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#faebd7][FONT=Arial Black][Izo - Chief - Traxi - Free!ps] - [[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I]Surmit[/I] -[/B][/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B]Corupluk - Healzr - Monsters Inc.][/B][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ffff00][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]**Forum Reputation - I'm renowned for my incompetence.**[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Killing someone questing isn't what the original post was about, either. It was speaking of (at the time) freeps going around killing questers in overwhelming capacity. Do I troll around with a pocket healer or another burg? No. I kill a creep and move on. I don't farm them.
    I guess the mind can make anyone believe whatever suits them.

Beware, run-on sentence ahead...

Thank you mysterious level 73 burglar Arranlas, who tried your very best at Hoarhallow, only to keep me occupied with amusement until Robzombolo got there - a minstrel who is often seen in the company of burglars because he can't 1v1 even in his own NPCs - who kited me around, yelling for all the good it did him, until Greenwen arrives (another person who is afraid to die, who'll try to ensnare you in NPCs and deny you an open 1v1 field fight) and drains my power before initiating the stun fest - that's all she can do, anyway.

Thank you very much for all your courage and for the great skill it took you three to bring me down.

I would also like to thank Neuillas for being an ace earlier, for at least sticking around for an honorable death (not mine this time), which happened too quickly for Adamanta to save you.

Yours truly,

Spacemonkey Ninja
    Killing someone questing is EXACTLY what this thread is about! I guess I have to say LRN2READ and LRN2WRITE, or maybe just LRN2COMPRENENDWHATYOUJUSTPOSTE D Hypocrit much?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast