We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My thoughts...

Re: My thoughts...

Outside of exploiting (and multiboxing imo) all is fair in open world pvp. Camping rez's, quest hubs and entrances is part of the game and adds the "danger" element to the moors - hunt or be hunted. You want complete safety while farming/gearing I would suggest playing freepside for the training wheels

With organized 1v1s you can intro "fair play" into the equation with consumable/skill restrictions, but frankly I wouldn't expect it. And I would definitely not expect it in a random encounter out there.

PS - server xfer submitted
    GRUSM - REAVER, DUSKPAW - WARG, STIXM - WEAVER, GRUZGASH - BA

Quote Originally Posted by Aztec_Soul View Post
    It's just that some of them also revert to tactics that are universally frowned upon.
    No such tactics exist. Learn to adapt and take it like a champ. Everything is allowed in the moors. Trying to restrict it into some make-believe rules or honour system or w/e will just make everything worse.
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Erlessa View Post
    No such tactics exist. Learn to adapt and take it like a champ. Everything is allowed in the moors. Trying to restrict it into some make-believe rules or honour system or w/e will just make everything worse.
    On the contrary. Those tactics exist, and are exactly what makes the moors as bad as it is. One side is stronger than the other. That side makes moves to gorge itself in further advantage through tactics that are not unnecessary to its survival. The weaker side loses interest, and moors population plummets. Simply put, your kind of interpretation is fair, but does not take into account its realistic effect on the moors, especially newcomers.

Call it 'unnecessary roughness'. It's a totally valid way to play in our setting. However, you do so at your own risk of dumping compounded superiority on creeps that will react, in turn. Logging, or simply adapting through concentrated zergballs in what will inevitably be a topic freeps complain about. It's a cycle that starts with the standard that the stronger side implements. In effect, 'balanced' groups that face off in an open field are a rare sight to see.

By the way... I take it there are not many out there who exclusively creep? In which case 'taking it like a champ' only goes so far in a skewed sense of balance on the shafted end. One cannot seriously assume that a creep, slowly ranking his/her way up, would not rage every now and again about witnessing freep 'over-poweredness' at an extreme. In which case, gets conveniently overruled by freeps who love their position of power, simply with a response to the effect of learning to play.

Interesting...

Stuff
    Interesting...
    I got in an argument with a friend, but that passed, I had ganked her and it really annoyed her, but we talked and the problem really came up because of real life stress for both of us. My flames of being offended by your posts have long been quenched and I with no offensive intentions ask you - what are you trying to accomplish in this thread? Because if the idea is to make the moors better with some - fight only when creeps are ready- ideals be prepared to 0 fighting at all. I have countlessly said recently, I miss the days when people would come out to the moors and EXPECT to be ganked, zerged and o the same, and in the end remember it's a game and they are doing it to relax and have fun.

I understand my actions and probably other peoples too have hurt you and others, it is understandable you go on a rant, be angry or even declare me the biggest villain who ever lived, but at one point it all become irrelevant if this is a game, no?

Once again, I am sorry that I brought you sorrow, but when I want to play I do so n the way I find to be intended
    -Thorfinn
    Last edited by Nifroth; Mar 15 2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: My English is bad :(

Lotro PVP Videos l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

I'm not entirely sure what tactics you are referring to... I thought you were talking about Thorfinn ganking you while you were farming NPC's. Sorry but that's fair game. If a PvE'ing player gets ganked and it forces them to log off I don't see how that is bad for moors population. They weren't contributing to the fight anyway. The best argument you can make is they won't be able to get infamy to rank and contribute to the fight... But i'd rather have a r0 with me than on the other side of the map farming hobbits.

If you're talking about burglars or wargs res-camping I'm inclined to agree with you. There's not a single person other than the burgs or wargs who would argue that res-camping has a valid place in PvP. But there will always be (insult here) who find it entertaining to do so.

From my experience people tend to log when they're getting rolled by the other side without getting any kills in return, OR when both sides are being wimpy star-huggers staring at eachother across ta lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    I got in an argument with a friend, but that passed, I had ganked her and it really annoyed her, but we talked and the problem really came up because of real life stress for both of us. My flames of being offended by your posts have long been quenched and I with no offensive intentions ask you - what are you trying to accomplish in this thread? Because if the idea is to make the moors better with some - fight only when creeps are ready- ideals be prepared to 0 fighting at all. I have countlessly said recently, I miss the days when people would come out to the moors and EXPECT to be ganked, zerged and o the same, and in the end remember it's a game and they are doing it to relax and have fun.

I understand my actions and probably other peoples too have hurt you and others, it is understandable you go on a rant, be angry or even declare me the biggest villain who ever lived, but at one point it all become irrelevant if this is a game, no?

Once again, I am sorry that I brought you sorrow, but when I want to play I do so n the way I find to be intended
    -Thorfinn
    No hard feelings Thor. This is the pvp forum, so if one is to vent, is this not the place? I did not intend to name names, by the way. It's just that when an annoyance becomes so commonplace, one eventually comes to a point where they stop and think... ###!?!

Unfortunately you caught me at that moment, after months of random ambushes from burglars. Having only recently created a weaver, I'm still learning the ins and outs of the class. Getting matched against a full on Champion at that point was more like a fly against a swatter.

Appologies for the rage, but please understand that when one is on the odd end of a one-sided fight, one just HAS to vent.

as some1 said the moors have been like this zerg dbag groups everything the only different is ppl hate each other now
    series they hate each other witch make the game not fun

example
    creep where getting zerged inside oc so i switched 2 my lil warg the sen some1 saw me he said
    OH MEDO joining the wining side ps: he is hiding in oc from freep zerg
    i was like wth and i switched back 2 my gaurd mount up and watched the fight
    some1 freep side loged just 5 min ago saw me and got guess wht
    ooc : some1 oh medo joining the wining side again PS : i was on my horse on the bridge pillar watching the freep zerg
    since it was more than not fair 2 make my gaurd join the fight
    and look like im not welcome creep side

all that hate make me dont wanna go out there anymore and i stoped for few days but i like pvp i used 2 spar 100 time in 21 hall just coz i like fighting it take's me away from boring tanking
    so i came back out there luckly got zerged like 10 times at tr but it was fun coz the ppl i fought i respect
    not that i dont respect u all out there i just hate the haters
    wish they stop qq and do more pew pew
    and i think every1 will be happy

but nah this is a dream ppl are getting rdy 2 leave this game and i think they want 2 make it worse for us who is stayin before they do and leave

all im gonna say 2 my felo freep/creep
    soon they will leave and we will shall have fun out there once more

./salute medo
    Medo > r11 < Guardian__^^__Medoo > r9 < Stalker
    ( all i can do is be me, whatever that is . )

Quote Originally Posted by DuneBug View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what tactics you are referring to... I thought you were talking about Thorfinn ganking you while you were farming NPC's. Sorry but that's fair game. If a PvE'ing player gets ganked and it forces them to log off I don't see how that is bad for moors population. They weren't contributing to the fight anyway. The best argument you can make is they won't be able to get infamy to rank and contribute to the fight... But i'd rather have a r0 with me than on the other side of the map farming hobbits.

If you're talking about burglars or wargs res-camping I'm inclined to agree with you. There's not a single person other than the burgs or wargs who would argue that res-camping has a valid place in PvP. But there will always be (insult here) who find it entertaining to do so.

From my experience people tend to log when they're getting rolled by the other side without getting any kills in return, OR when both sides are being wimpy star-huggers staring at eachother across ta lawn.
    Well, there really isn't much else to do on a map that is mostly blue, besides carry on some PvE. Especially now with the insane commendations prices, it is actually a requirement to get my lower ranked creep up and running in decent time.

As far as rez campers go, I don't think very highly of them (freep and creep), but there is a workaround. Sure, I get annoyed at reports from OCC about freeps ganking and whatnot. Most recently, a hunter was doing some of that to a tribemate, so I joined a retaliatory party to reverse the gank on the hunter.

To adapt to the moors is to copy the aggressor's tactic of playing, or so it seems.

Medo, haters will be haters....

I don't think we need any rules of conduct, all's fair in love and moors, except perhaps a self imposed guideline of not hitting up PvMP unless you're buzzing a chill vibe. Otherwise you're probably just gonna: have a s#!% time + upset/annoy everyone you come in contact with = everyone loses.

Manbierpig - 75 R3 Self-Healz, Manbeerpig - 46 Burglar
    Schnagburz Onzabarbie - R6 Dogg

@Medo, I tried to balance stuff out a lot some time go too, but I got in the same trouble, lol, so it's better actully to just try and stay on one side only or wait a bit before flipping (20ish mins?) I know you're trying to help people out, because as I said, I have 1st hand experience on that, but it just seems bad most of the time, if one person flips it's kinda ok, but often others follow too, lol. Point is - hard to know when to flip, gotta know the risks when you do, lol.
    @Mr Spider. Yeah, our forums seem to be all about rage posts lately XD Even I have had my rage thread, so it's all good, hehe.

Rez camping - heck i've done it as a champ looking for fun fights, i think it sometimes it needed, because the camped side will probably get annoyed and zerg the person and regroup that way :P tho overcamping ain't good, lol. But if the person takes the risks it's not THAT bad is it? ^^

Lotro PVP Videos l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

General response to everyone.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's the moors and anything short of exploits is fair game. Be the hammer not the nail.
    Beardzilla - R12 Burglar, LonelyLobster - R6 Hunter, NotLobster - R10 Spider, FreeBaOne - R10 Black Arrow, BadPuppy - R8 Warg, TheFister - R6 Reaver

On the contrary. Those tactics exist, and are exactly what makes the moors as bad as it is. One side is stronger than the other. That side makes moves to gorge itself in further advantage through tactics that are not unnecessary to its survival. The weaker side loses interest, and moors population plummets. Simply put, your kind of interpretation is fair, but does not take into account its realistic effect on the moors, especially newcomers.

Call it 'unnecessary roughness'. It's a totally valid way to play in our setting. However, you do so at your own risk of dumping compounded superiority on creeps that will react, in turn. Logging, or simply adapting through concentrated zergballs in what will inevitably be a topic freeps complain about. It's a cycle that starts with the standard that the stronger side implements. In effect, 'balanced' groups that face off in an open field are a rare sight to see.

By the way... I take it there are not many out there who exclusively creep? In which case 'taking it like a champ' only goes so far in a skewed sense of balance on the shafted end. One cannot seriously assume that a creep, slowly ranking his/her way up, would not rage every now and again about witnessing freep 'over-poweredness' at an extreme. In which case, gets conveniently overruled by freeps who love their position of power, simply with a response to the effect of learning to play.

Interesting...
    I sorta agree to the facts but I believe everything will regulate itself.

Also, raging now and again is normal imho unless it turns into a violent tsunami of words in the game or in the forum. I know exactly what you're talking about though, I have retired my OP champ and am ranking up a spider slowly. Is it difficult? Yes. Do I grind my teeth every time I get ganked by a freep group/solo freep (and that does happen a lot)? Yes. Do I try to learn from it every time? Yes!
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

offtopic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L9-O_YD_xQ

ITS GETTING CLOSER!!!

ontopic

blah blah :P
    *Shapheelz, r10 defiler (Crickhollow)
    *Shapslay, r5 reaver (Crickhollow)
    *Riabo, r9 warden (Crickhollow)
    *Runvat, runekeeper (Crickhollow)

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    @Medo, I tried to balance stuff out a lot some time go too, but I got in the same trouble, lol, so it's better actully to just try and stay on one side only or wait a bit before flipping (20ish mins?) I know you're trying to help people out, because as I said, I have 1st hand experience on that, but it just seems bad most of the time, if one person flips it's kinda ok, but often others follow too, lol. Point is - hard to know when to flip, gotta know the risks when you do, lol.
    @Mr Spider. Yeah, our forums seem to be all about rage posts lately XD Even I have had my rage thread, so it's all good, hehe.

Rez camping - heck i've done it as a champ looking for fun fights, i think it sometimes it needed, because the camped side will probably get annoyed and zerg the person and regroup that way :P tho overcamping ain't good, lol. But if the person takes the risks it's not THAT bad is it? ^^
    ya thor thats why im back on my gaurd 2 shield wall u while u zerg them mwhahaha
    Medo > r11 < Guardian__^^__Medoo > r9 < Stalker
    ( all i can do is be me, whatever that is . )

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3