We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Warden gambit chart

Has anyone created a good gambit chart post U6? I have been looking over the net trying to find a good one with no results. Or perhaps does anyone know an easy way to create pics of the three gambit building images and Ill make one. Thanks so much.

Re: Warden gambit chart

What builders make up the gambit has not changed, except the new ones.. Now.. what that gambit does.. now.. that is a different story..

However, have you tried an ingame screenshot and the version of Paint that came with your machine and allows you to cut out parts to get the pict of the builders?

I am working on something.
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post
    I am working on something.
    Work faster, dammit!
    I like ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Feraxks View Post
    Work faster, dammit!
    I'm working on a way to code in all of the effects of the gambits. Thinking xml or maybe google fusion tables, so I can pass off the maintaining of gambit effects afterwards. I really feel that a static gambit chart just won't cut it anymore, so I'm working on something a little more interactive - maybe it'll just be 4 separate printable sheets based on stances.
    Last edited by geoboy; Mar 19 2012 at 01:10 PM.

I'm working on a way to code in all of the effects of the gambits. Thinking xml or maybe google fusion tables, so I can pass off the maintaining of gambit effects afterwards. I really feel that a static gambit chart just won't cut it anymore, so I'm working on something a little more interactive - maybe it'll just be 4 separate printable sheets based on stances.
    That'll work. Let us know when you've got it done. I think the main one that I have used and told others about in the past was the one that looks like a spider web. It had the little legend on the side that said if a gambit was a damage gambit, threat, heal, etc. Very handy when levelling a Warden for the first time. Something a little more up to date like you are describing would be nice though. Especially if we are going to be stance-dancing around for DPS, Tanking, etc.
    "In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit."
    Elrendoes - 106 Warden // Elrendos - 76 Hunter // Elrendose - 69 Minstrel
    <- Goblin's For Hire ->
    Brandywine

The spider-web thing was really cool and I liked it a lot. However, with the changes, it just becomes too unwieldy. I'm thinking instead of a sortable, filterable chart based on gambit effect. It won't have the same visual impact, but I hope it'll at least be useful. I'm working on the database already, but I want to get back behind the wheel again to get a feel for things before I proceed.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000008a48/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The spider-web thing was really cool and I liked it a lot. However, with the changes, it just becomes too unwieldy. I'm thinking instead of a sortable, filterable chart based on gambit effect. It won't have the same visual impact, but I hope it'll at least be useful. I'm working on the database already, but I want to get back behind the wheel again to get a feel for things before I proceed.
    Ya it would be too cumbersome to have multiple spider-like charts like that for all the different stances. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
    "In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit."
    Elrendoes - 106 Warden // Elrendos - 76 Hunter // Elrendose - 69 Minstrel
    <- Goblin's For Hire ->
    Brandywine

Alright, I'm willing to wait for that.
    I like ice cream.

I have an updated chart -- actually 3, one for each stance -- that are based on that spider-web one you mentioned. Martin Krzywinski made the original (http://mkweb.bcgsc.ca/lotro/), and I used his layout and many of the same symbols. Some are new, some are changed, based solely on my own preferences (since ultimately I was making it for myself to use!). Maybe it will be helpful for someone else too. Click on it to download. If anyone knows how to make these pictures smaller please let me know!

Last edited by Bitza; Mar 24 2012 at 11:43 AM.
    Celordal: 130 RK, Galynna: 130 champion, Tiluriel: 130 LM, Jaenoviel: 120 captain, Aethyria, 120 hunter, and a few other toons -- Tortoise Society of Middle Earth, Brandywine; Lots of other alts