We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Legacy Weirdness - questions and observations

I've been noticing some weird things about some legacies - things not working like their descriptions suggest they should, etc. I'm wondering how much of these are bugs, and how much are WAI. I'm also wondering if anyone can fill me in on some thigns I'm still not sure about...

Gambit Life tap Damage/Resolution Damage Bonus - Does it increase the morale they return, or just the damage they do?

Shield Gambit Buff Duration - Application seems inconsistent. This doesnt increase many Shield Gambit buff durations: SM, ST, etc. It does increase the "extra" stance-related buffs you get in Det (I didnt check to see if it increases, eg, the Phys Mastery buff in Reck for Conviction). I forget right now what exactly it does and does not boost. Each "tier" of this legacy seems to add about 1 second to most durations. Is this WAI? I was kinda bummed it didnt increase SM/ST, since those are prebuffable.

Shield Tactics Tactical Mitigation Bonus - The difference between 1-pt and maxed is sooo small, this is definitely a 1-pt wonder legacy...

In Combat Moral Regen/In Combat Power Regen - Why so small values? Maxed ICMR is an extra ~200-300 points, when Det gives you over 1500 to begin with on top of your natural regen and any foods, buffs, virtues, etc. ICPR seems extra pointless as a legacy since our power use is so much better now.

Spear-Shield Bonus Damage - Does this affect 1-3 line bleed removals in Assailment as well?
    Last edited by droid; Mar 19 2012 at 03:56 PM.
    Droid's Combo-button Mastery for Wardens (AHK script): [url]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?440148-Droid-s-Combo-button-Mastery[/url]

Re: Legacy Weirdness - questions and observations

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Shield Gambit Buff Duration - Application seems inconsistent. This doesnt increase many Shield Gambit buff durations: SM, ST, etc. It does increase the "extra" stance-related buffs you get in Det (I didnt check to see if it increases, eg, the Phys Mastery buff in Reck for Conviction). I forget right now what exactly it does and does not boost. Each "tier" of this legacy seems to add about 1 second to most durations. Is this WAI? I was kinda bummed it didnt increase SM/ST, since those are prebuffable.
    This does not appear to be working as advertised, no. Not sure whether it's working as intended. It does not increase the phys mastery buff in Recklessness Conviction, and the rest you said.

Spear-Shield Bonus Damage - Does this affect 1-3 line bleed removals in Assailment as well?
    1-2 bonus damage sounds like it is intended to affect only 1-2 removals. If it does/should affect 1-3 Assailment bleeds as well then it should be renamed something like Spear Bleed Removal Bonus Damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nydorewyth View Post
    1-2 bonus damage sounds like it is intended to affect only 1-2 removals. If it does/should affect 1-3 Assailment bleeds as well then it should be renamed something like Spear Bleed Removal Bonus Damage.
    Well that would still be confusing to people who don't know what bleed removals are. I thought Orion suggested the lower bleed would be removed for the bonus damage before isengard came out but scrapped that idea. Still called that in the logs maybe but most people wont get it. Actually does it even mention anywhere in game about the bleed bonus damages?

Some more weirdness: shield buff duration and spear, fist threat legacies don't say what bonus they give, it's just shield gambit buff duration up rating 2, 3, ect. and I have no idea what I'm spending my LI points on.

Gambit Life tap Damage/Resolution Damage Bonus - Does it increase the morale they return, or just the damage they do?
    I can confirm that the lifetap damage legacy only affects the damage done and not the morale you receive from the lifetap. I tested it last night because I was wondering the same. I would assume resolution is the same way, but cannot confirm. Pretty disappointing.
    ASTO [wrd] : BISMUTH [brg] : BEDBUG [wrg] : OTSA [wl]
    Asto's Gambit Compendium

Shield Gambit Buff Duration - Application seems inconsistent.
    It does not work with our shortest 10 sec buffs. Pre-RoI we thought 20 sec buff is to short. Buff part from assailment is very disappointing. Small buffs with short durations. I don't think that maintaining for example range damage buff is worth effort.
    Last edited by Liltaro; Mar 24 2012 at 03:38 AM. Reason: one "p" more

I can confirm that the Shield Gambit Buff Duration does apply to Shield Tactic and Shield Mastery buff. You have to max them out to see the difference. They give you an extra 1-10s depending on how many points you put in them.
    they also works for Dance of War now.
    [URL]http://lotroaltfinder.net/Firefoot/Izwut[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000252a6a/01003/signature.png]Izwut[/charsig]

Yes 6.0.1 made the Shield Buff Durations legacy much more useful. If it only boosted Conviction's short-term buffs as well...20 seconds of +3000 mastery or -99% threat as opposed to 10 would be epic

Also, I noticed last night that the Fist Gambit Evade Rating legacy seems really powerful at 1 point...it almost doubles the evade you get from the Warcry line at 1 point, but doesnt add that much more at 9...
    Droid's Combo-button Mastery for Wardens (AHK script): [url]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?440148-Droid-s-Combo-button-Mastery[/url]

Also, I noticed last night that the Fist Gambit Evade Rating legacy seems really powerful at 1 point...it almost doubles the evade you get from the Warcry line at 1 point, but doesnt add that much more at 9...
    This is also how the BPE legacies worked before the update. The block/parry buffs were something like +520 at rank 1 and +580 at rank 9, so worth having if you wanted them but definitely not worth spending points in.