We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Re: What is , and not supposed to be fixed "soon"

As if Assailment needed yet another reason to never be used...

Was it intended to remove the slow after the root proc on The Boot with this recent hotfix? I remember this working on BR, and I remember it being in Orion's blog, but to be honest I don't distinctly remember this working in the week between U6 and the hotfix it kind of all blurs together so I could be wrong on it working before the hotfix. If it never made it to Live servers in the first place, then I guess my question becomes why not? If Hampering misses, there's no chance you can use this stance in PvP anymore (assuming you're being attacked), and it becomes much harder to keep your distance.

I am of the opinion that skill should be bumped to at least 50% root/slow if not guaranteed anyways, but at the very least I would like to keep it how it was. Is this WAI?
    Last edited by thunderchickn; Mar 23 2012 at 02:45 AM.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchickn View Post
    As if Assailment needed yet another reason to never be used...

Was it intended to remove the slow after the root proc on The Boot with this recent hotfix? I remember this working on BR, and I remember it being in Orion's blog, but to be honest I don't distinctly remember this working in the week between U6 and the hotfix it kind of all blurs together so I could be wrong on it working before the hotfix. If it never made it to Live servers in the first place, then I guess my question becomes why not? If Hampering misses, there's no chance you can use this stance in PvP anymore (assuming you're being attacked), and it becomes much harder to keep your distance.

I am of the opinion that skill should be bumped to at least 50% root/slow if not guaranteed anyways, but at the very least I would like to keep it how it was. Is this WAI?
    I never noticed it working but when I was trying it I had other things on my mind and didn't have time to check if the creep was slowed because of me or someone else.

The one thing I have noticed about the new warden is that it requires changing stance constantly. For instance if I am soloing something I switch from determination to recklessness to get a extra dps and back inside my rotation if I am on the moors I switch between all of them depending on what range the creeps are at and what kind of tactics they are adopting. Nothing is more fun then chasing a group of retreating creeps spaming resolution in assailment, just wish it happened more often . But this version of the class can no longer just sit in your chosen stance and do entire runs because half your gambits really are pointless in any given stance however useful they might be in another. The exception of course are the more difficult main tanking roles.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000e3830/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[url]http://schrodwarden.blogspot.ca/[/url]

This thread is such a sad indictment of one area of the warden community. Every attempt to ask people to be reasonable is just being aggressively shot down, and the saddest part of the whole thing is that the vast majority of the people trying to remain level headed are the ones that actually contribute usefully to this community (the ones that come up with guides, post helpful tips to new players, generally offer usable feedback etc etc).

All that I will say on this topic is be patient, Orion has made some great changes to the class. Yes it needs tweaking, bugs need fixing etc. but this recent patch shows if nothing else that these things are being worked on. We got some bug fixes and a buff to war cry. This means that the debs are happy to improve our performance on live whilst continuing to work on the bugs.

Use the time to relearn how it all works. I've becom comfy with the new tanking style, and am currently weaning myself off EoB as its an unhealthy fallback and bad for ToO. I'm also happy with the new recklessness in both pve and pvp, survivability is up during dps and the damage output is very interesting especially in pvp.
    [color=#DBA901]Lieutenant Belegardo the Veteran, Reaver-Foe, Stalker-Foe, Blackarrow-Foe Rank 10 Warden
    Skuttles, Black Dog, Rank 8 Weaver[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Bels_illuminati View Post
    We got some bug fixes and a buff to war cry.
    No, we didn't get a buff to war cry. Considering we lost the +threat legacy to war cry, the gambit is still nerfed compared to the pre-roi version.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazlo_Hollyfeld View Post
    No, we didn't get a buff to war cry. Considering we lost the +threat legacy to war cry, the gambit is still nerfed compared to the pre-roi version.
    A buff from the original update 6 change. Whether it s a bug fix or a buff it's improved from U6 version.
    [color=#DBA901]Lieutenant Belegardo the Veteran, Reaver-Foe, Stalker-Foe, Blackarrow-Foe Rank 10 Warden
    Skuttles, Black Dog, Rank 8 Weaver[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Lazlo_Hollyfeld View Post
    IMO, not really if you sit and think about it. WC was always meant to be for initial aggro, if you think about it that way WC is better now then it was before because it deals more aggro then before, up front. WC was always weak, now even though it may be less threat over 16 seconds, it has much more up front and side benefits that make it an actual good gambit to use throughout an AoE fight.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5