We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

DPS Aggro Broken?

We pull way too much aggro with such little DPS.

I'm pulling aggro in assailment and recklessness at 800 dps when other classes are pulling in > 1200 without using any threat drops.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000000866/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: DPS Aggro Broken?

Assailment has a plethora of threat-down tools, and I've always liked to throw in a Deflection every couple rotations in Recklessness if I need to. Are you using these and still pulling aggro? I'm not sure if the small amount of threat is still attached to the Fist builder in any stance, but before U6 that was always a source of extra threat we had to deal with when DPSing.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

Also experiencing this, just not in that extreme o.0
    Thunderchicken already posted my solution to that problem as well.

@Thunderchicken: hmm, both warden's Scron and Warden's Aim do not state any additional Threat, so I'd rather go with a passive +threat effect for warden dps that was missed/not removed in u6 (?)

Threat down skills should only be necessary if we're doing an abnormal about of damage, which we aren't. I think there is still some threat built into our skills, and I don't want to have to offset our mediocre damage by using threat down skills killing our DPS even more.

I really do think there is some built in threat to some of our skills.

Also, I've spent some time spamming deflection to no avail. It's basically the equivalent of just standing there not doing any DPS letting everyone else catch up on the aggro list. Ulgh, I am rather discouraged at this just because I try to fulfill a DPS roll in a raid by maxing my char out (>27k phys mastery, 23% crit in raid) and i'm having to sit back on auto attack.

------------

For the record, I think there is a balance between too much DPS and pulling aggro. Its a good control mechanism. My only issue is that we seem to be pulling aggro so early compared to DPS classes damage for damage? At least that's based on my experience.

------------

If a tank has 200 threat, and a dps class has 190 points of damage, and I do 175 points of damage, why am I pulling aggro from the tank? It's not like I'm spamming conviction gaining healing aggro...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000000866/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Red face Re: DPS Aggro Broken?

one thing everyone should try i think is popping conviction in while in assailment stance. why? It takes away 99% of threat, damaging threat and healing threat alike from everyone around you in the fellowship. And it heals everyone too so why not? And lets say you aggro a mob and you cant finish a gambit because the mob is too close? You wont have that problem with that on conviction.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000024b89b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [color=blue][I]Nasbuira[/I][/color] 85 Warden
    [color=blue][I]Helnuir[/I][/color] 81 Hunter

I seem to remember, now that I think about it, something about Javelins having an invisible +threat bonus. I know they have an invisible +chance to hit when moving bonus, compared to other ranged weapons, but I might just be making up the part about the threat...

If thats the case, that would explain why you might be pulling so much in Assailment, but doesnt really explain the Recklessness

Also, obvious things, do check and make sure you dont have any +threat legacies on your weapons, or +threat traits traited
    Droid's Combo-button Mastery for Wardens (AHK script): [url]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?440148-Droid-s-Combo-button-Mastery[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Helnuir View Post
    one thing everyone should try i think is popping conviction in while in assailment stance. why? It takes away 99% of threat, damaging threat and healing threat alike from everyone around you in the fellowship. And it heals everyone too so why not? And lets say you aggro a mob and you cant finish a gambit because the mob is too close? You wont have that problem with that on conviction.
    just try not to stand beside the off tank while doing it
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000e3830/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[url]http://schrodwarden.blogspot.ca/[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Boogey383 View Post
    We pull way too much aggro with such little DPS.

I'm pulling aggro in assailment and recklessness at 800 dps when other classes are pulling in > 1200 without using any threat drops.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    Yes, something is broken. I can only speak for spear gambits in recklessness, but I'm pulling aggro off of guardians while doing about 1300 DPS when there are hunters clearly doing more DPS than I am.

I'll chime in that a number of times i've been in a dps role and pulled aggro, when my dps output can't have been even the second highest in the group, especially since when i backed off dps considerably the guard got aggro back, not any other dpsers (in recklessness stance). There's some hidden aggro components left in our dps stances, I have little doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by khaipur View Post
    just try not to stand beside the off tank while doing it
    Supposedly, it does not reduce Threat Threat, just DPS and Heal threat, and.. in Assailment, you CANT stand beside the tank to build your builders. You are inside min range to build.

...and hunters have aggro reduction legacy, aggro reducting items... etc.
    ...and you have deflection (aggro dropp) , and convinction (radical threatgeneration reduction) so USE THAT!!!