We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb assailment, need ideas for raid...

As the title says, I would ask If someone haveied this stance in raid. if it will have some type of use and, if ys, if you have some raw ideas on ratations to use for dps or buffing/negating threat.

And I'm not sure if it would be better the +3k physical mastery(is a huge boost in my opionion) or the threat neg in convinction buff.

Any ideas?^^

Re: assailment, need ideas for raid...

Put all hunters in your fellowship, spam nothing but conviction endlessly, then tell your hunters they dont need to worry about thread. Boring as hell but it is the best use of assailment at the moment.

yeah i get that but I'm asking if someone have some nice rotations for hight dps, or some idead on how to use all other featertes in a raind environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithbringer View Post
    Put all hunters in your fellowship, spam nothing but conviction endlessly, then tell your hunters they dont need to worry about thread. Boring as hell but it is the best use of assailment at the moment.
    Put some of the off-tank healers, or heck.. even the MT healer in there for variety.

OH.. and dont forget.. use everything you have that buff ranged with those hunters.. it also buffs EVERYTHING you do in Assailment, since it is all ranged. Just remember to run forward if you see the fellowship maneouver button show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
    OH.. and dont forget.. use everything you have that buff ranged with those hunters.. it also buffs EVERYTHING you do in Assailment, since it is all ranged.
    This needs to be confirmed. As of BR build and U6 build it only buff your fellowship for +% ranged damage, not you. I'm not quite sure if this changed with the new patch.

Here's a few things that I figured out:
    _ There is a Red trait that allow you to do extra 2 more pulses in damage when you do fist gambits. It only applies for damage, not threat nor heal. But surely it would mean we'll do more damage.
    _ The Shield Gambit Heal bonus legacy actually applies to Exultation of Battle, Restoration... It boost your heals.
    _ The Fist gambit buff duration legacy applies to fellowship buffs, the +% ranged and tactical damage. This means you can up them from 10s to 20s
    _ Might will affect your damage and heal in Exultation of Battle gambit line since it affects your tactical rating.
    _ The DPS rating on your spear or javelin doesn't affect damage nor heal of Exultation of Battle gambit line. More testing needed to be done on Desolation but I suspect it's the same story.
    _ Best way to buff ranged damage for your fellowship is to stand next to them and spam EoBs. 2 of them in a row will give your fellowship 4% ranged damage.
    _ Best way to buff tactical damage for your fellowship is so stand next to them and spam Aggression. 2 of them in a row will give your fellowship 4% tactical damage. More testing needs to be done to see if this also affect outgoing healing rating, but I suspect it's the same with outgoing healing rating.
    _ The tactical and ranged damage buff to fellowship doesn't apply to you.
    _ For single target damage, it seems that Spear-Fist gambit line does the most damage. They tier up like the Unerring Strike gambit line does in Reclessness.
    _ Trait for Spear line DOTs and go on Assailment line to do Spear-Fist gambits will give most damage for single target. (I've been told. Have not tried it yet)
    _ Conviction, Shield Mastery and all those threat reduction skills are supposed to be used before your fellowship do any damage/heal. They reduce their threat from damage and healing for a certain amount of time.
    _ The Shield-Jav (or we used to call Shield-Spear) line makes no sense. They gives you +ranged damage on self, but you have to go into melee range. Wait for a hot fix on that.
    _ Anything that starts with a spear will benefit from Javelin Max range legacy. They also have a minimum range requirement. Their Battle Memory version does not benefit from Jav max range legacy and only have 25min range.
    _ Any Fist-Jav (Fist-Spear) gambits and their Battle Memory version will have 25min range, have no minimum range requirements, and don't benefit from Jav max range legacy. If an enemy get close to you, start them up so you can either wait for tank to grab them, or engage them head on at melee range.
    _ Resolution Damage legacy only applies to damage, not heal.
    _ Lifetap damage legacy only applies to damage, not heal.

If I'm missing out on something, please fill in.
    [URL]http://lotroaltfinder.net/Firefoot/Izwut[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000252a6a/01003/signature.png]Izwut[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Iznogoot View Post
    This needs to be confirmed. As of BR build and U6 build it only buff your fellowship for +% ranged damage, not you. I'm not quite sure if this changed with the new patch.

Here's a few things that I figured out:
    _ There is a Red trait that allow you to do extra 2 more pulses in damage when you do fist gambits. It only applies for damage, not threat nor heal. But surely it would mean we'll do more damage.
    _ The Shield Gambit Heal bonus legacy actually applies to Exultation of Battle, Restoration... It boost your heals.
    _ The Fist gambit buff duration legacy applies to fellowship buffs, the +% ranged and tactical damage. This means you can up them from 10s to 20s
    _ Might will affect your damage and heal in Exultation of Battle gambit line since it affects your tactical rating.
    _ The DPS rating on your spear or javelin doesn't affect damage nor heal of Exultation of Battle gambit line. More testing needed to be done on Desolation but I suspect it's the same story.
    _ Best way to buff ranged damage for your fellowship is to stand next to them and spam EoBs. 2 of them in a row will give your fellowship 4% ranged damage.
    _ Best way to buff tactical damage for your fellowship is so stand next to them and spam Aggression. 2 of them in a row will give your fellowship 4% tactical damage. More testing needs to be done to see if this also affect outgoing healing rating, but I suspect it's the same with outgoing healing rating.
    _ The tactical and ranged damage buff to fellowship doesn't apply to you.
    _ For single target damage, it seems that Spear-Fist gambit line does the most damage. They tier up like the Unerring Strike gambit line does in Reclessness.
    _ Trait for Spear line DOTs and go on Assailment line to do Spear-Fist gambits will give most damage for single target. (I've been told. Have not tried it yet)
    _ Conviction, Shield Mastery and all those threat reduction skills are supposed to be used before your fellowship do any damage/heal. They reduce their threat from damage and healing for a certain amount of time.
    _ The Shield-Jav (or we used to call Shield-Spear) line makes no sense. They gives you +ranged damage on self, but you have to go into melee range. Wait for a hot fix on that.
    _ Anything that starts with a spear will benefit from Javelin Max range legacy. They also have a minimum range requirement. Their Battle Memory version does not benefit from Jav max range legacy and only have 25min range.
    _ Any Fist-Jav (Fist-Spear) gambits and their Battle Memory version will have 25min range, have no minimum range requirements, and don't benefit from Jav max range legacy. If an enemy get close to you, start them up so you can either wait for tank to grab them, or engage them head on at melee range.
    _ Resolution Damage legacy only applies to damage, not heal.
    _ Lifetap damage legacy only applies to damage, not heal.

If I'm missing out on something, please fill in.
    Good post, all accurate (afaik).

Couple of things:

Range Bonus = doesn't work on Gambit Builders, which is silly.

Shields Up > Shield Mastery doesn't appear to tier up a threat reduction. Which is also, silly, not sure if bug or just poor design.

Trait for crits, we get boatloads of damage from crits (given that all our bleeds and jav skills have a moderately high chance of critting, can't post numbers, don't have them on hand). We also get some nice skill utilities from certain gambit crits.

BM Reversal/Adroit Maneuver don't seem to be working... still.

Boar's Rush doesn't stun any more in Assail, so good luck using it solo.

Jav.Toss bleed stacks with the 1-3 line bleeds and can also be used in close range.

Assail bleeds stack with Reck 1-2-3 line melee bleeds, and can get up to 4 more pulses. /viableraiddps
    Your friendly neighborhood Riddermark spear n00b, Tinuthel Acharthang.
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/7af4chj]Warden Mechanics suggestion: Battle Aura[/url].
    [img]http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/SharadSun.png[/img]

AW: assailment, need ideas for raid...

just a small remark:

I just tried out CombatAnalysis for the first time and went down to the trolls in the brown lands.
    traited 5red 2 yellow, red capstone, #### equip (1300 might, 6.7% crit, about 13k physical mastery).

When I engaged the trolls I got about 550-600 dps with the knock down and then sp-sh line.
    When I engaged the ranged trolls I got about 610-670 dps with the knock down and then sp-f line.

In neither case did I get the highest bleed running, 15k is not enough for that. However, if I'm not mistaken, it seems that assailment's sp-f line does more single target damage than the sp-sh line in Reck. I don't know, whether the ranged trolls are more vulnerable to something I did to them than the melee trolls, but I just wanted to throw that in.
    [url=http://www.fotos-hochladen.net][img]http://img3.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/lotrosiglhf2nsgumk.jpg[/img][/url]
    [size=3][font=calibri][color=violet]Ethedor - [DE]Maiar - Warden[/size][/color][/font]
    [size=2][font=calibri][color=violet]Be serious - take it easy.[/size][/color][/font]

i use only burst dps gambit and almost no dots for example WT, onslaugt, combination strikes and dbd.

it seems to me that our range dps is a little better than meele with a little testing ive made with the combatanalysis but im not sure.

This assailment stance has me really interested, so I've been trying to find opportunities to test it out in different situations. In raids, I'm always traited blue as I'm tanking, but if there's only 1 boss, and another tank who can handle the boss, I'm thinking I could make better use by DPS'ing.

So, I tried this out last night on the Shadow boss in Ortanc whilst the other tank took hold of the boss. I stood with the ranged dps and went into Assailment.

I did 260k of damage, and had about 750 DPS. This meant the fight took 5 minutes 46 seconds. The Shadow boss has 1.5 million morale, meaning I did a little more than 1/6 of the total damage.

Our group setup was 1 CPT, 1 GRD, 1 CHP, 3 MNS, 1RK, 1 WRD, 1 BRG, 1 LM, 2 HNT. It's not an ideal group, but we struggle to make groups and just go with what ever we can get. I only mention group setup so you can get an idea of possible buffs, and the other DPS'ers in the group to compare to my dps. We have new members coming and going in the raid all the time, so by no means are we well practiced, or kill him in the fastest times.

Bearing in mind I was blue traited, I had about 1.5k might, ~20k physical mastery, 10% crit chance. I think I could do a lot more damage if yellow traited and better gear.

The rotation I used mostly was Conviction in recklessess to buff everyone's physical mastery, switch to Assailment, battle memory, wardens triumph, use battle memory, then go through the Spear-Fist gambit line to build up all the DoTs and bonus damage. I of course used the javalin skills to debuff, dmg and DoT.

I would also add that I never ever came close to running out of power. I have about 2.2k power, can't remember my ICPR off the top of my head. Power does not seem to be an issue at all in Assailment.

This was my first proper attempt in a raid situation and I'm sure I can come up with better rotations, but I really like what is possible here.

On another example, draigoch...

I can solo tank the head upstairs no problem, and I jump down to join the rest of the raid when the body falls for cjs and dps, then i run back up to continue tanking. What I want to try next time, when it comes to the 3rd phase, is to tank the head of course, but switch to assailment and dps down one of the front paws. Can't wait to hear my raids reaction when they come to that final paw and are like, who's done all this damage?

good times
    Last edited by Eru-; Mar 24 2012 at 11:04 AM.
    With that which is available to me, what's the best thing I can do right now.

LM - Eruantion, WRD - Erusador, CHP - Erukhazad, CPT - Eruthalion, RK - Eruwendel, GRD - Erudor, MNS - Erusia, BRG - Eruthia, HNT - Eruway. The Suffering, Snowbourn server.

Quote Originally Posted by Eru- View Post
    I can solo tank the head upstairs no problem, and I jump down to join the rest of the raid when the body falls for cjs and dps, then i run back up to continue tanking. What I want to try next time, when it comes to the 3rd phase, is to tank the head of course, but switch to assailment and dps down one of the front paws. Can't wait to hear my raids reaction when they come to that final paw and are like, who's done all this damage?
    Been there, done that LOL.
    [URL]http://lotroaltfinder.net/Firefoot/Izwut[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000252a6a/01003/signature.png]Izwut[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Iznogoot View Post
    I don't have that legacy on my LI yet but I think it's called "Warden Heal Bonus" or "Warden Gambit Heal Bonus" or something like that, so it should be expected to affect all heals and HoTs, not just the shield heals. Our morale leeches are normal DoTs+HoTs now, not a different category like before.

Quote Originally Posted by SharadSun View Post
    Range Bonus = doesn't work on Gambit Builders, which is silly.
    I really do hope they will change it in the future, with the range bonus you are able to build a gambit with masteries and throw it off while not being able to use builders if you are 26m+..
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000003cbb1/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    The enemy both hates and fears the Warden.

Just a note, was doing t1 acid wing, traited for melee dps (~23k pm at the time) and was messing around with assailment for the adds. Had a ranged WT hit for 5964. Never had a melee WT devastate for more than 4k before.

I've been trying to play around with Assailment. The only real benefit I have found is to manage threat of others. The Ranged Damage buffs are just too short in duration and small in magnitude to be worth it IMO. They should work more like our self buffs do in Determination, so if you stack the +1% with the +2% etc through EoB you end up with like +10% and a 40sec duration. Also the range of the buffs are really annoyingly small. Trying to keep people within 10m of you to benefit from the -threat buff is a bit of a PITA.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000003b5d1/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Dallimer (Warden) Tarliwyn (LM) Krakkle (Champ) Phlili (RK)