We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unlocking Guild Access Question

So I figured I would make use of the 30% coupon and unlock some of the crafting guilds I haven't unlocked yet. These are on lower level alts, some of which are still in the early stages of crafting for various reasons. I just started one in the Tailoring guild and she is still in the first stage of guild reputation. I would like to purchase the unlock for this guild for the later stages, but it does not appear as an option in the store. I know I don't have any other tailors guilded, so I know I don't own this guild. Am I only able to purchase guild access after completing the first stage of guild reputation?

Just wasn't sure if it was a bug. I wish they'd uncouple guild access unlocks from the characters so that you could purchase them at will.

Re: Unlocking Guild Access Question

It is only one purchase per guild, per account.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    It is only one purchase per guild, per account.
    Yes, I am aware of this, however I know I have not previously purchased Tailoring Guild access. This is the first tailor I've ever actually raised, since my fiance keeps a maxed tailor. The question is at what point is the character able to access the guild access unlock from the store.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeOmega View Post
    Yes, I am aware of this, however I know I have not previously purchased Tailoring Guild access. This is the first tailor I've ever actually raised, since my fiance keeps a maxed tailor. The question is at what point is the character able to access the guild access unlock from the store.
    As soon as they can join the guild (expert <craft>)

As soon as they can join the guild (expert <craft>)
    The character in question is an Expert Tailor. She is also in the Tailoring guild and completed the guild introduction quest that grants a guild reputation item. She has crafted her first set of guild reputation items. As she just started with the guild yesterday, she is only a Guild Initiate in terms of reputation. I cannot see the Tailor Guild access in the store while on this character. I do not own the Tailor Guild access nor do I have any other tailors.

So...does the access to the store unlock only become available after the Guild Initiate tier of reputation is complete?

Are you a VIP?

This is the only other explanation I have, you cannot buy this while VIP as you are currently renting access.; I have characters who can buy the guild and haven't earned a single bit of rep yet, so something has to be going on

Are you a VIP?

This is the only other explanation I have, you cannot buy this while VIP as you are currently renting access.; I have characters who can buy the guild and haven't earned a single bit of rep yet, so something has to be going on
    Nope, haven't been VIP since December. It's kinda baffling. I just picked up the Woodworker guild yesterday on another character, and I can see the guilds for my tinkerer, though not buying them as she maxed out Jeweler while I was still VIP. Maybe it's just super delayed in recognizing that the character having issues is in the Tailoring guild. Boo. =\

Thanks for trying to help.

The purchase of the crafting guild unlock is only possible after you complete the expert tier and receive and then complete the quest to learn to use the "superior" crafting facilities. This is counter intuitive as you can join a crafting guild and gain rep all the way upto apprentice without purchasing the guild unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiotvillage View Post
    The purchase of the crafting guild unlock is only possible after you complete the expert tier and receive and then complete the quest to learn to use the "superior" crafting facilities. This is counter intuitive as you can join a crafting guild and gain rep all the way upto apprentice without purchasing the guild unlock.
    Very counter-intuitive, but would certainly explain what's going. Going to see if I can get enough leather together to complete the tier.

Thanks!

ETA: Just completed the expert tier and completed the quest for the superior workbench. I am now able to see the Guild Access in the store. Major Thanks!

On another note, seems kind of strange that we have a superior workbench quest as we're able to use the bench before even completing it.
    Last edited by ZeeOmega; Mar 29 2012 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeOmega View Post
    Just completed the expert tier and completed the quest for the superior workbench. I am now able to see the Guild Access in the store. Major Thanks!
    Thanks for this info! I can't buy tailor guild unlock either and was unsure what to do.

Looks like this case (can't see guild unlock in the store) is unique to characters that were VIP and then dropped to premium.

Vip characters do not need to purchase guild access to increase guild reputation past acquaintance. Once vip runs out they will no longer be able to increase guild reputation (over acquaintance) without purchasing the guild unlock. If you reach maximum guild rep while vip you don't receive any additional benefit from purchasing the guild unlock when vip expires (until a new guild rep tier is added).

If you are certain that you have completed the quest to access the use of superior tailoring facilities (craft three specified items for trainer and give them to people) you should have received the passive skill superior workbench access http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ques...h_%28Tailor%29 check your tailor have they earnt this passive ability?
    Last edited by Idiotvillage; Mar 29 2012 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiotvillage View Post
    Perhaps you can help me. I have become an expert and completed the tier. So I now have the artisan tier. I have also completed the workbench quest. I still cannot purchase patterns. Is there another quest for woodworker's? What am I missing here? And thanks in advance for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Katiyana View Post
    Perhaps you can help me. I have become an expert and completed the tier. So I now have the artisan tier. I have also completed the workbench quest. I still cannot purchase patterns. Is there another quest for woodworker's? What am I missing here? And thanks in advance for any help!
    Is there some reason you're bumping a 2-year old thread, rather than creating your own?

Anyway, what "patterns" are you trying to purchase? Because, when you first start off in a guild, the only recipes they will sell you are the ones that craft Guild Rep items.
    All other recipes are locked behind tiers of Guild Rep;
    • Expert Tier Recipes - Apprentice of the Guild - 10k Guild Rep
    • Artisan Tier Recipes - Journeyman of the Guild - 30k total Guild Rep
    • Master Tier Recipes - Expert of the Guild - 55k total Guild Rep
    • Supreme Tier Recipes - Artisan of the Guild - 85k total Guild Rep
    • Westfold Tier Recipes - Master of the Guild - 130k total Guild Rep
    • Eastemnet Tier Recipes - Eastemnet Master of the Guild - 190k total Guild Rep
    • Westemnet Tier Recipes - Westemnet Master of the Guild - 280k total Guild Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Is there some reason you're bumping a 2-year old thread, rather than creating your own?

Anyway, what "patterns" are you trying to purchase? Because, when you first start off in a guild, the only recipes they will sell you are the ones that craft Guild Rep items.
    All other recipes are locked behind tiers of Guild Rep;
    • Expert Tier Recipes - Apprentice of the Guild - 10k Guild Rep
    • Artisan Tier Recipes - Journeyman of the Guild - 30k total Guild Rep
    • Master Tier Recipes - Expert of the Guild - 55k total Guild Rep
    • Supreme Tier Recipes - Artisan of the Guild - 85k total Guild Rep
    • Westfold Tier Recipes - Master of the Guild - 130k total Guild Rep
    • Eastemnet Tier Recipes - Eastemnet Master of the Guild - 190k total Guild Rep
    • Westemnet Tier Recipes - Westemnet Master of the Guild - 280k total Guild Rep
    Yea, this site in the past has not allowed me to create my own thread, which is ANNOYING. I just want to buy the basic pattern to begin building rep. So how do I get 10k rep when I have no means for creating rep? Do I simply go about my daily crafting and then BOOM one day it's unlocked so I can begin buying the rep building recipes?

Have you joined the Guild?

You need to talk to a Master of Crafting Guilds and pick a Guild, then do a short quest before you'll gain access to the Guild NPCs and their recipes. Maybe you haven't done that step yet?

I just want to buy the basic pattern to begin building rep. So how do I get 10k rep when I have no means for creating rep?
    You haven't answered my question. What is the name of this "pattern" you're trying to buy? NAME THE SPECIFIC RECIPE.

But, to repeat what I said above, the only recipes you can buy as an Initiate of the Guild are the Rep item recipes. Since you're talking about the Woodworker's guild, that means the Woodworker's Guild Carving Recipes. And, assuming you're in the Guild in Estledin, you buy them from Guthki.
    Do I simply go about my daily crafting and then BOOM one day it's unlocked so I can begin buying the rep building recipes?
    Each day, you craft all the Small Carvings you can. Every 3 days, you craft all the Medium Carvings you can. Every week, you craft all the Large Carvings you can.

You right click the Carvings and gain rep. Easy peasy.

You haven't answered my question. What is the name of this "pattern" you're trying to buy? NAME THE SPECIFIC RECIPE.

But, to repeat what I said above, the only recipes you can buy as an Initiate of the Guild are the Rep item recipes. Since you're talking about the Woodworker's guild, that means the Woodworker's Guild Carving Recipes. And, assuming you're in the Guild in Estledin, you buy them from Guthki.

Each day, you craft all the Small Carvings you can. Every 3 days, you craft all the Medium Carvings you can. Every week, you craft all the Large Carvings you can.

You right click the Carvings and gain rep. Easy peasy.
    That's because I'm not there currently. it was the expert woodcarving pattern to gain rep. I should be able to buy that to begin getting rep, but I cannot. Says I'm not an initiate, however, I have completed the superior workbench quest. As far as I can tell there are two prerequisites and I have fulfilled them both.

That's because I'm not there currently. it was the expert woodcarving pattern to gain rep. I should be able to buy that to begin getting rep, but I cannot. Says I'm not an initiate, however, I have completed the superior workbench quest. As far as I can tell there are two prerequisites and I have fulfilled them both.
    It sounds like you haven't joined the Guild.

See my previous post. Talk to the NPC, do the quest, and you should be all set.

The quests you've done only advance your Crafting ability - they actually are not involved with the Guild process at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Senseo View Post
    It sounds like you haven't joined the Guild.

See my previous post. Talk to the NPC, do the quest, and you should be all set.

The quests you've done only advance your Crafting ability - they actually are not involved with the Guild process at all.
    I'm pretty sure I did that. First I made a javelin and then a bow and had to deliver them to two NPC's in the area. I'm assuming that is the quest, right?

I'm pretty sure I did that. First I made a javelin and then a bow and had to deliver them to two NPC's in the area. I'm assuming that is the quest, right?
    No, that's part of the Superior Workbench quest.

This is a different quest that is given by the Master of Crafting Guilds. There should be one in most craft halls like Bree and Esteldin. His quest will send you to the Guild Leader after you join the guild.

Wrong.

Go to any Craft area. Talk to the NPC with the "Master of Crafting Guilds" title. Choose to join a guild, and follow his quest.

Wrong.

Go to any Craft area. Talk to the NPC with the "Master of Crafting Guilds" title. Choose to join a guild, and follow his quest.
    Well, that seems to have done it. The "master of crafting guilds" didn't have a ring above their head, but they did have a quest for me. So it appears as though I'm now in the guild. Thanks for the help!!!!

While the thread is necro'd...

Is the crafting guild unlock for each tier or for complete access? Like if I'm a Guild Initiate and I get the unlock, does it just let me get the next reputation level and I have to buy an unlock for the level after that? Or do you just buy the crafting guild unlock and have access to all tiers?

Quote Originally Posted by Laeore View Post

Is the crafting guild unlock for each tier or for complete access? Like if I'm a Guild Initiate and I get the unlock, does it just let me get the next reputation level and I have to buy an unlock for the level after that? Or do you just buy the crafting guild unlock and have access to all tiers?
    With the guild unlock you gain access to all tiers.
    My alarm tried to wake me this morning.
    Things escalated and now my alarm is broken and I am awake. . .
    Not quite sure who won . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Laeore View Post

Once you unlock a guild, you can advance your reputation to tier 9 complete for the guild that you bought.

What drives some people crazy is that subscribers rent guild access. When a subscriber converts to Premium, you can't advance your guild reputation beyond the bar that is currently open. To open the next bar you have to either:
    1) Resubscribe. To unlock all of the bars you need to stay a subscriber until tier 9 is open.
    2) Buy the guild unlock as a Premium customer.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast