We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Class?

Re: New Class?

Quote Originally Posted by freawaru View Post
    <wheeze>

this is, by far, the funniest thing i have ever seen on this forum. Ever. I'm still wiping the tears away.

Plus effin' rep.
    lol lol

Freepside: Gladiator/Pikeman
    Creepside: Nazgul (lesser Red ones)

Why?
    A Gladiator or Pikeman could easily be more fun than playing warden-Hobbit, really there needs to be a DPS class with combos just like Warden works as tanking (I.E Gladiator having trigger buttons doing dps,heal, more dps, etc)

Nazgul (Red lesser ones), I for one would like to see them fighting alongside Spiders, Black Arrows and any creep, they lack that Boss type that gives "dread" really! that could work as a sorcery class for creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Al. View Post
    Freepside: Gladiator/Pikeman
    Creepside: Nazgul (lesser Red ones)

Why?
    A Gladiator or Pikeman could easily be more fun than playing warden-Hobbit, really there needs to be a DPS class with combos just like Warden works as tanking (I.E Gladiator having trigger buttons doing dps,heal, more dps, etc)

Nazgul (Red lesser ones), I for one would like to see them fighting alongside Spiders, Black Arrows and any creep, they lack that Boss type that gives "dread" really! that could work as a sorcery class for creeps.
    There is a class that does DPS with combos like Warden...its Warden, traited for Reck...

And they're called Cargul. But they're not likely as creepside playable chars unless they bring back PvMP Session Play.
    Droid's Combo-button Mastery for Wardens (AHK script): [url]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?440148-Droid-s-Combo-button-Mastery[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    There is a class that does DPS with combos like Warden...its Warden, traited for Reck...

And they're called Cargul. But they're not likely as creepside playable chars unless they bring back PvMP Session Play.
    Ok, but a DPS Warden could just do some damage, Im thinking in a class specialized in multiple enemies dps, just like Champion but played differently.

Cargul got it, maybe a phantom copy of them? a skeleton wight maybe? but hopefully Bigger in stature to what we see in creep side it has to be something big in my mind to be a boss for creepside.

The only new class that I can think of that would "fit" is a Rohan Shieldmaiden - pure sword & board + bonuses to mounted combat.

For creeps... goblin warg rider... but that'd probably annoy creep wargs a lot, what with goblins jumping on the back of them all the time and shouting "giddy up doggie!"

Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    What about balance? If you give the Freeps something that powerful, what would the Creeps get to even things up?
    Give Creeps trolls, this would not be lore breaking as Sauron frequently used trolls in battle and they are similar in size and strength to an ent and as far as the ent goes I don't see how this is lore breaking but correct me if I'm wrong as it has been a while since i read lotr but what about the gathering of the ents couldn't we have been one of them that where kind of standing in the background? I don't see why they couldn't they incorporate this

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgar View Post
    The only new class that I can think of that would "fit" is a Rohan Shieldmaiden - pure sword & board + bonuses to mounted combat.
    Isn't this the same thing as the warden
    RIP Firefoot

We bascially have all the spots taken already (Tanks, healers, ranged dps, Aoe ...)

Introducing another class would only work with a hybrid-something and personally I'ed rather have them folks at turbine working on balancing and improving the classes we already have other than introduce a whole new class just for the sake of it.

The only thing they *could* do is introducing multiclassing, but honestly I doubt this would work ... The danger of making one combination too powerful, while others become useless in the eyes of the players, is just too big.

[On second thought: How about a 'Hardcore' character just like a certain game that starts of with a "D" ... One life and it's over]

Quote Originally Posted by marlwyn View Post
    Are you kidding me -.-
    a new class would be too much. I am a rank7 warg on arkenstone named runemocker, the moors are great and we don't need to be worrying about some new OP class. if they do make an overrated class, they should take more time with balancing the other classes and making a new creep class than working on the landscape and quests of rohan. Sure this whole mounted combat is great but will the freeps be able to do that in the moors? if so...what about the creeps? no one would play pvmp. popularity of LOTRO would go down. I think LOTRO needs to put down the class projects and REstart the gaming value projects. Its just one more to lvl to 85! The classes are perfect the way they are and need to be left alone until update 9 or 10. The game itself could use some more work honestly. but please don't even TALK about ANOTHER class. Your tired of the game, find a kin, switch servers, get more involved. something. but not another class.

9. May 22 2012, 07:10 PM

Reason
    repeated

Quote Originally Posted by Zombielord View Post
    The only thing they *could* do is introducing multiclassing, but honestly I doubt this would work ... The danger of making one combination too powerful, while others become useless in the eyes of the players, is just too big.
    I can see it all now, warni's. The strength of a warden combined with the healing powers of a minstrel! That would be amazing, incredible, wonde- who am I kidding? That would suck, way to powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by IronHillsDwarf View Post
    this would not be lore breaking as Sauron frequently used trolls in battle and they are similar in size and strength to an ent
    Similar in size but not in strength. Trolls were the Enemy's cheap imitation of Ents

Freeps: Beornings, or skin-changers. There are available gaps in the Lore to fit them into LOTRO: Beorn believed he was the last one standing - was he truly, or did he despair unneededly? Also, decades have past since 'The Hobbit' and Beorn now has descendants.

This class would fight by bare-hand or bear-claw. It would have restrictions on skin-changing, as Beorn did not skin-change in public and warned others to stay away from him at nights as he went outside and roamed in bearshape.

Creeps: Morrovail. Or thonged dark sorceresses. And I don't mean the bearded type of dark sorceresses the Khundolar have to show for themselves.

However, I do not expect new classes with RoR. That expansion already has a main game-changing future.

Do remember that a new class increases replayability of a game, and with that comes the TP spent on yet another alt.

A new class is about as likely as a new hobby. Which is only a little less likely than a stat tome drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    Freeps: Beornings, or skin-changers. There are available gaps in the Lore to fit them into LOTRO: Beorn believed he was the last one standing - was he truly, or did he despair unneededly? Also, decades have past since 'The Hobbit' and Beorn now has descendants.

This class would fight by bare-hand or bear-claw. It would have restrictions on skin-changing, as Beorn did not skin-change in public and warned others to stay away from him at nights as he went outside and roamed in bearshape.

Creeps: Morrovail. Or thonged dark sorceresses. And I don't mean the bearded type of dark sorceresses the Khundolar have to show for themselves.

However, I do not expect new classes with RoR. That expansion already has a main game-changing future.

Do remember that a new class increases replayability of a game, and with that comes the TP spent on yet another alt.
    Morrovail already are nuetral and kill creeps (like me)... I don't think they'll change sides in the near future...
    [CENTER][B]Ameldun: [Level 85 Hunter]
    Akkhal: [Rank 4 Warleader] Mozkhal: [Rank 4 reaver]
    And a bunch more... On gladden of course :)
    [/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by AnElephant View Post
    Morrovail already are nuetral and kill creeps (like me)... I don't think they'll change sides in the near future...
    Don't be racist There's different factions of men on all sides. I'm sure a few could be creepy after all.

I would like to see either a proper tank class or DPS class for Creeps.
    Reavers sort of hover between but lack any real potency.
    Maybe a Goblin class/race for Creeps, I'd like to play as one of the fat orcs.

As for Freeps the big problem with finding new roles for classes is that they've made them too hybrid like.
    RKs Healer/DPS, Wardens Tank/DPS.
    There is potential still for different roles here's just a few I've thought of.
    A heavy duty DPS class could be interesting one that's both beefy and able to stun and break the opponent's defences.
    A pure pet class one that focuses more on the pet instead of merely having it as support.
    A pure CC class, a melee class with possibly induction less Crowd Control that doesn't last as long.
    An evasion tank/dps a class that builds speed as it battles making it harder to hit over time.
    A more DOT heavy class.
    A trainer class that can capture certain mobs (like the WOW Hunter).
    Skinchanger as mentioned above.
    A class that centres around light supporting and damaging (think WOW Paladin) based on Glorfindel.

It would be cool to have something new to play around with, it's been a long time since Moria.
    The Lone Wolf
    Radspakr 85 Guardian,Haluilas 82 LM, Varri 65 Champ

if its hybrid u want, why not a another rk class that can tank and heal...not dps sort of class ...oh wait, that wardens lol
    “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

OK! i got a few new class ideas id like to share for freeps of coarse

so we already have a new tank and new healer class so ive been thinking of a new dps or support class and thinking over some material that hasn't been used that has to stay in the lore and this is what i came out with

how about a dps class thats proficient with 2 handed hammers ( ya i know champs and guardians used them but not specially)
    they could be our huge armor renderer and could be played by dwarfs only ( inspired by Gloin)

so i know what ur thinking now "hey why would a dwarf only class be in RoR ###" so that when it hit me

so how about lets put out the Shield Maiden class ( girls only of coarse )
    i have no idea what kind of class system they would use maybe they be a support just putting my thoughts out there see what you guys think about these :P

I am hoping for a new class as well. We haven't had one since Moria came out. My idea of a new class would be Rider, which would be the class that are master of the ability to fight while mounted. Of course other classes will be able to fight mounted, but the Rider class would be the best at it. This wouldn't be any different then the classes that are already available. There is one or two classes that are really good at something, but other classes are also able to do it, but just not as well.
    Pinkfae, 140 Lore-Master (Rank 10) • Gagamba, Rank 10 Spider

Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by radspakr View Post
    A class that centres around light supporting and damaging (think WOW Paladin) based on Glorfindel.
    The Paladin, whether from WoW or D&D, is already covered by the Captain. Heavy armor, with a mix of chopping and healing.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfae View Post
    I am hoping for a new class as well. We haven't had one since Moria came out. My idea of a new class would be Rider, which would be the class that are master of the ability to fight while mounted. Of course other classes will be able to fight mounted, but the Rider class would be the best at it. This wouldn't be any different then the classes that are already available. There is one or two classes that are really good at something, but other classes are also able to do it, but just not as well.
    that would be great but the rider would be useless in all instances

i think the idea which they will and have gone with will be the mounted combat idea. it basically wipes our skills cept mounted ones you essentially get 9 similarly themed classes to the original classes. instead of getting new class we get hunt tier2
    lore-masters are like wolves, alone we're pretty great but in a pack...

Give me a legitimate tact dps class creepside and I'll be satisfied.

Freepside is fine as is. Just fix the blunders and attempt to make as few new ones as possible in the process.

~ Cirq - r13 LM - Apex (RIP) - Elendilmir (RIP) // Cirone of Windfola (RIP) ~

Class: Adventurer
    Any race.

A custom class that you shape by selecting skills based on other classes. These skills are arranged in trees so that they make sense and give you an idea of how you are shaping your character, and so that you are forced into compromises that stop you from being overpowered.

So an adventurer that does huge dps might have to sacrifice wearing heavy armour for it. An adventurer who wants good crowd control (a long stun skill) might have to sacrifice a dps skill for it, or something else, and so on. The result would be that every adventurer is different, custom made by the player.

Depending on that trees you advance the most in, that defines you as dps/tank/healer/support.

Its just an idea, you can probably pick 100 holes into it, and of course this would have to have a lot more thought put into it to become a reality. But I think its a good and attractive concept.

No new class.

Just a Nazgul class to play in EM aviable to the first 9 players that spent 100000000000 TP on store.
    [B][center]Irvaard of Snowbourn - Dwarf Guardian[/center][/B]
    [I][center]Original challenger of Kebab[/center][/I]

If they where to make any new class, it should be a Ranger, but Hey, I talked to TONS of people about that, it just wouldn't work, turbine has no need for any new classes, And if it was one, it would simply be a new useless, TP costing class, totally against LOTR lore, much like the RK.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast