We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: BAD 1v1 Thread

Re: BAD 1v1 Thread

This thread is win, there is better PvP in here than Turbine has ever put out. However, why even bother bickering about a part of the game that has been broken since day 1? Seriously, this is chutes and ladders PvP; basically grade school level stuff because that's how turbine functions.

Anyway, look no one is really good here (outside of maybe 4-7 people in the whole history of LoTRO landy PvP). People look good because their classes are so overpowered or they are fighting other classes that are so gimped. So there really is no need to bother arguing or calling each other out as it is pointless.

If it is possible have fun in this atrocity of a game. If not wait around until something better comes along and have fun there. Or tell me to F off and go about bickering about a pointless PvP system that was literally set up to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by gleowine View Post
    This thread is win, there is better PvP in here than Turbine has ever put out. However, why even bother bickering about a part of the game that has been broken since day 1? Seriously, this is chutes and ladders PvP; basically grade school level stuff because that's how turbine functions.

Anyway, look no one is really good here (outside of maybe 4-7 people in the whole history of LoTRO landy PvP). People look good because their classes are so overpowered or they are fighting other classes that are so gimped. So there really is no need to bother arguing or calling each other out as it is pointless.

If it is possible have fun in this atrocity of a game. If not wait around until something better comes along and have fun there. Or tell me to F off and go about bickering about a pointless PvP system that was literally set up to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigMenace View Post
    I guarantee it's still true. The fact you have never once, been able to see it is pathetic really. I'm not just talking creepside verse freepside as the reverse has happened as well. The individual freep classes have been borqked from the beginning as far as being balanced as well. Want to deny that too? The game hasn't changed in 5 years. I don't need the last few months to tell me that.

However, if we want to go that route since you brought it up, how can you speak to anything? You are a person who won't even touch the side who is considered weaker. You don't have anything close to any experience on one side of the PvMP game, who are you to say anything at all?

I guarantee it's still true. The fact you have never once, been able to see it is pathetic really. I'm not just talking creepside verse freepside as the reverse has happened as well. The individual freep classes have been borqked from the beginning as far as being balanced as well. Want to deny that too? The game hasn't changed in 5 years. I don't need the last few months to tell me that.

However, if we want to go that route since you brought it up, how can you speak to anything? You are a person who won't even touch the side who is considered weaker. You don't have anything close to any experience on one side of the PvMP game, who are you to say anything at all?
    This is my main.

I played my BA from Moria all the way through until the very end of Mirkwood, where BAs were the WORST class in the game.

I was 10k away from R9 when ROI hit and the BA changes came. I had only just started to play my captain Pre-ROI and when the patch hit I became a full time PVE hero. I used to be a full time creep and never touched freepside. So don't presume to lecture me about not knowing creepside, in addition to my BA I have a R7 Weaver, a R6 Reaver, a R5 Warleader, a R4 Defiler and a R3 Warg. I can play all of them proficiently, I know what each and every creepside class can do.

So no buddy I have way more experience creepside than I do freepside. Congratulations you have been exposed as a moron.

I'm also now 40k into R9 and let me tell you, creepside is way easier to play than freepside, weaker, but easier to play. Yet one thing that I find no matter which side I'm on is that if you outplay your enemy they lose. Of course you don't know this, but all of us roll creepside as well. We've taken a 6 man creep group into an 18-man freep raid, who had the outnumbered buff and took 7 of them down. None of us had audacity, and if we did and the freeps did not have the ON buff we would have wiped them.

So no I will continue to say that these generalizations and over exaggerations are wrong because they are. So best sit down now son.

Of course you don't know this, but all of us roll creepside as well.
    Can you show me how to start a creep so I can try creepside sometime?
    Baslion
    Dineanddash

Basloin, aren't you Dashandine, are you trolling trolls? Is this an elaborate scheme to avoid Sars smashing Basloins face in, cos it won't work!

Smash you soon snookums...
    [CENTER][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=3][B]~ Sars... The Creeples Champion! ~
    Pouncing Pwny[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

This is my main.

I played my BA from Moria all the way through until the very end of Mirkwood, where BAs were the WORST class in the game.

I was 10k away from R9 when ROI hit and the BA changes came. I had only just started to play my captain Pre-ROI and when the patch hit I became a full time PVE hero. I used to be a full time creep and never touched freepside. So don't presume to lecture me about not knowing creepside, in addition to my BA I have a R7 Weaver, a R6 Reaver, a R5 Warleader, a R4 Defiler and a R3 Warg. I can play all of them proficiently, I know what each and every creepside class can do.

So no buddy I have way more experience creepside than I do freepside. Congratulations you have been exposed as a moron.
    Interesting. I spent nearly 5 years there and don't even know your name creepside. Of course the moria period was one of the better ones for creeps, at least for a time of it. Hmm, coincidence?

A BA eh? So perhaps you soloed alongside the raid? You could rank a BA pretty easily (especially that way), yeah I had one of those as well and even when they weren't great they were still the easiest and by a long shot the quickest to rank.

Anyway, so what you wiped freeps? Hell, I've done that and I was an average player at best. That doesn't mean one side is good, just your enemy was absolutely pathetic at playing their class or the balance/classes you went against were mismatched. There has never really been balance among the sides or classes. Hence, why I said PvP in LoTRO is PvP lite. Compared to a FPS where PvP is generally balanced, this is child's play. It's just not near as competitive. It's nothing as much against the players as the game and it's design and model. It just doesn't draw the hardcore PvP crowd.

So you said the weaker side is easier to play? Forgive me if I just can't quite understand that one. Come on you creepsided recently when very few high ranks were out there? In the first part when audacity came out it was easy to wipe freeps as they had no gear, traits weren't done, LI were back at square one, etc. Yeah, congrats on that. As soon as the freeps geared up SWG came out and at that same time most of the vets in the moors left as well (on both sides) so you would have been fighting what? Unskilled, undergeared, noob PvP people? In essence, beating up on those who really had no chance mostly due to game and class balance.

Look as I said I'm not saying garny's group, and even you are bad players far from it, I have known garney and most in his groups (besides you) for a LONG time. However, your posts about balance are just way too rose colored. On average, freepside has been cake in comparison to creepside (except for a few short periods one of which you apparently played mostly creepside).

<smooch>
    Last edited by gleowine; May 10 2012 at 12:02 AM.

Mmmm, Moria...isn't that the age of the incurrable fire dot and the explosion of the BA population?
    Alaster
    Sune
    Sinstar
    Sinistar

Interesting. I spent nearly 5 years there and don't even know your name creepside. Of course the moria period was one of the better ones for creeps, at least for a time of it. Hmm, coincidence?
    You got me dude I'm a bad player and a ezmoder, I only play on the easy side when it suits me the best. Oh wait no I started playing the game in Moria and didn't even have a max level freep until 2 months before ROI.

A BA eh? So perhaps you soloed alongside the raid? You could rank a BA pretty easily (especially that way), yeah I had one of those as well and even when they weren't great they were still the easiest and by a long shot the quickest to rank.
    I soloed my spider all the way from R0 to R7.

Anyway, so what you wiped freeps? Hell, I've done that and I was an average player at best. That doesn't mean one side is good, just your enemy was absolutely pathetic at playing their class or the balance/classes you went against were mismatched. There has never really been balance among the sides or classes. Hence, why I said PvP in LoTRO is PvP lite. Compared to a FPS where PvP is generally balanced, this is child's play. It's just not near as competitive. It's nothing as much against the players as the game and it's design and model. It just doesn't draw the hardcore PvP crowd.
    For an FPS game to be hard you need to have the reaction time of a sloth. I've played CS, CoD, BF, and a myriad of others and they're all the same. Regardless if you are coming for competitive pvp in an OPEN PVP zone then you must be some sort of idiot. Competitive pvp can't occur unless the sides are even first. Even if it was mirrored classes out in the moors, it would never be competitive.

If you want a competitive pvp game go play LoL.

So you said the weaker side is easier to play? Forgive me if I just can't quite understand that one. Come on you creepsided recently when very few high ranks were out there? In the first part when audacity came out it was easy to wipe freeps as they had no gear, traits weren't done, LI were back at square one, etc. Yeah, congrats on that. As soon as the freeps geared up SWG came out and at that same time most of the vets in the moors left as well (on both sides) so you would have been fighting what? Unskilled, undergeared, noob PvP people? In essence, beating up on those who really had no chance mostly due to game and class balance.
    It's quite simple really, the amount of time spent learning a creep is alot less than a freep. If you were given a R15 creep and a max level freep which do you think would be easier to pick up and play? This is an easy one, I know you can do it!

In the first part? What does that even mean? The Audacity patch didn't delete everyone's traits and LI's, it didn't make everyone's gear disappear. Again you haven't played the game so your ability to gauge what audacity does doesn't exist. And... wait did you just say that SWG came out? As in STAR WARS GALAXIES?

Ah, my mistake I see now that you knew what you were talking about this whole time.

Look as I said I'm not saying garny's group, and even you are bad players far from it, I have known garney and most in his groups (besides you) for a LONG time. However, your posts about balance are just way too rose colored. On average, freepside has been cake in comparison to creepside (except for a few short periods one of which you apparently played mostly creepside).
    Except creeps never had it easy, ever, even at these "easy" times they were still inferior to freeps. I'm not disputing that, in fact if you have read my posts they actually never say that creeps are OP or that they are fine. They say that the players playing them could be doing better, because in a 6v23 or 5v18, the 6 or 5 should not win. When they do it's not because of the game it's because of the players.

I still fail to see your point here, but if it's that I'm an ezmoder then you are 100% correct. As you can see from the videos, I only solo gank when I have 6 other people with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleghost View Post
    Basloin, aren't you Dashandine, are you trolling trolls? Is this an elaborate scheme to avoid Sars smashing Basloins face in, cos it won't work!

Smash you soon snookums...
    Looking forward to it.
    Baslion
    Dineanddash

Creep versus freep arguments can often be side stepped by just explaining that the two sides are different. There's no parity here, just shades of competitive advantage and disadvantage that shift as the players on both sides log in and out.

Personally, I just miss the old reaver/champ fights. Towards the end of Mirkwood champs had to handicap themselves a bit, but if they did the fights were still very skill driven. Haven't seen anything right now that really rivals that matchup.

I do like that audacity has slowed fighting down a bit. Things were resolving themselves on the battlefield entirely too quickly for my taste.
    Shyma, formerly Shima
    Bashel

Audacity only slows the fight down if you have it...
    [CENTER][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=3][B]~ Sars... The Creeples Champion! ~
    Pouncing Pwny[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Jamers View Post
    Creep versus freep arguments can often be side stepped by just explaining that the two sides are different. There's no parity here, just shades of competitive advantage and disadvantage that shift as the players on both sides log in and out.

Personally, I just miss the old reaver/champ fights. Towards the end of Mirkwood champs had to handicap themselves a bit, but if they did the fights were still very skill driven. Haven't seen anything right now that really rivals that matchup.

I do like that audacity has slowed fighting down a bit. Things were resolving themselves on the battlefield entirely too quickly for my taste.
    Well said. I've definitely had some matchups that are crazy close. In fact some where the creep has advantage.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Agree 100%. It should be a passive gated by rank not comms. Rank OR comms would work too.

But to ignore players who have a million+ renown/infamy and gimp them compared to some nun who just happened to play more over the past few weeks is wrong.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Eh, I still only have 1 Audacity and fights seem slower to me than before. Granted creeps are tearing through me faster than I can tear through them some of the time, but overall the experience leaves more to be savored.
    Shyma, formerly Shima
    Bashel

Quote Originally Posted by Reichpapers View Post
    Mmmm, Moria...isn't that the age of the incurrable fire dot and the explosion of the BA population?
    Yes, I think that was the time a lot of people, including yourself, talked about how easy-mode and unfair it was, and eventually got it nerfed. Now the firedot belongs to LMs and does more damage, stacks 3 times, and slows ALL at the same time, But of course since it's on freepside, it's different; that's why it hasn't been nerfed and nor it will.
    Nandir - Caradhraz - Alundil - and others
    Burzumgoth - Nardur - Zhugash - and others

Quote Originally Posted by Forza View Post
    Yes, I think that was the time a lot of people, including yourself, talked about how easy-mode and unfair it was, and eventually got it nerfed. Now the firedot belongs to LMs and does more damage, stacks 3 times, and slows ALL at the same time, But of course since it's on freepside, it's different; that's why it hasn't been nerfed and nor it will.
    Don't LMs have to be fully traited Red to get the sticky gourd?

Whereas the BAs had to... roll a BA. It's why I deleted my old account with a rank 8 BA when Moria came.
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Omnia illa et ante fiebant, omnia illa et ante fient
    Ita dicimus omnes

Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    Agree 100%. It should be a passive gated by rank not comms. Rank OR comms would work too.

But to ignore players who have a million+ renown/infamy and gimp them compared to some nun who just happened to play more over the past few weeks is wrong.

Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r14 Minstrel.

Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarionadama View Post

Whereas the BAs had to... roll a BA. It's why I deleted my old account with a rank 8 BA when Moria came.
    I believe he's referring to burning embers.
    Candrandir | Grimey

Is this the freep leader who went creepside to help balance out the numbers...then ended up staying there and drinking heavily of their cool-aid?

LM's are freeps, we get treated differently by Turbine, so it's ok.
    Last edited by Reichpapers; May 11 2012 at 12:54 PM.
    Alaster
    Sune
    Sinstar
    Sinistar

Quote Originally Posted by Balderdash187 View Post
    I believe he's referring to burning embers.
    Then I laugh at the whole notion
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Ita dicimus omnes

I was talking about Burning embers.

Quote Originally Posted by Reichpapers View Post
    Is this the freep leader who went creepside to help balance out the numbers...then ended up staying there and drinking heavily of their cool-aid?

LM's are freeps, we get treated differently by Turbine, so it's ok.
    Heh, Why give the impression of knowing my pvp track history? have you been following me on twitter? lol

As for not playing freepside; there've been some times where freeps are outnumbered and I would have preferred playing the otherside, but I end up logging out instead. why? because when I tried to get myself to level up my freeps past 65, I end up seeing the exact same mind-numbing quests that I had to do in the past, and as for end-game content, is not really what I was expecting this game to be about, and I don't find it exciting.

Why would I play a game to bore myself? If it weren't for Monster Play, you would not see me around here at all. I bet that would make you happy; though, I'll say that it's been fun for me to find you out there and try to kill you, fail or succeed; as well as for other familiar names that are still out there.

Then I laugh at the whole notion
    May I ask why you find the comparison not accurate?

Because burning embers is like a sad joke in comparison to the gourd.

Burning Embers, and I haven't been on my LM since the Update so yes I might be wrong, only has One tic per 5 seconds for 15 seconds....

and you compared it to the BA's Firedot?

If these two bits of info are correct, then Yes, I laugh at the notion.
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Ita dicimus omnes

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast