We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: BAD 1v1 Thread

Re: BAD 1v1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Anarionadama View Post
    Burning Embers, and I haven't been on my LM since the Update so yes I might be wrong, only has One tic per 5 seconds for 15 seconds....
    Stacks 3 times, legacies increase the duration to 55s, and it stacks with wizards fire (which can also have a duration of 55s). That's from one LM. Forces wargs out of stealth for as long as they want, since we can only remove one effect every 30s.

Oh, and I don't believe the BA's fire DoT crits for 1k+ very often (keeping in mind that LMs now have that +15%? crit chance on fire skills buff that stacks 3 times as well).
    Last edited by Arvaen; May 11 2012 at 02:23 PM.
    Arctic Feathertail
    [Pouncing Pwny]
    R11 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Maryam View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....I NEVER do this, but I am literally laughing out loud.

Stupid autocorrect. That's what I get for posting from my iphone on the train.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Arvaen View Post
    Stacks 3 times, legacies increase the duration to 55s, and it stacks with wizards fire (which can also have a duration of 55s). That's from one LM. Forces wargs out of stealth for as long as they want, since we can only remove one effect every 30s.

Oh, and I don't believe the BA's fire DoT crits for 1k+ very often (keeping in mind that LMs now have that +15%? crit chance on fire skills buff that stacks 3 times as well).
    If people didn't QQ about the original legacy, this wouldn't be an issue. You would only have to deal with like 25s of BE/WF. The only difference is that Garny would have like 52m of range atm.

*grabs LM* See ya in the moors!

Wow, That might help encourage me to actually play my LM. I liked how it operated but the damage output just made made me irritated for what it took to kill something more than a blue-mob.
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Omnia illa et ante fiebant, omnia illa et ante fient
    Ita dicimus omnes

Quote Originally Posted by Dolmir View Post
    If people didn't QQ about the original legacy, this wouldn't be an issue. You would only have to deal with like 25s of BE/WF. The only difference is that Garny would have like 52m of range atm.
    LMs sniping people with fireballs doesn't sound all that great either. I'm sure the wonderfully creative people over at Turbine could come up with something balanced! /sarcasm off

Meh, I don't remember complaining about the original legacy. Frankly I don't care one way or the other, I've accepted that nothing will ever work properly here.
    Arctic Feathertail
    [Pouncing Pwny]
    R11 Warg

LMs sniping people with fireballs doesn't sound all that great either. I'm sure the wonderfully creative people over at Turbine could come up with something balanced! /sarcasm off

Meh, I don't remember complaining about the original legacy. Frankly I don't care one way or the other, I've accepted that nothing will ever work properly here.
    I wasn't accusing you otherwise I would have said if YOU hadn't complained, I'm quite sure you didn't I dunno if I've ever seen you complain about anything.

It actually may have been more than this I don't remember how much it was on a second age, but it was well into the forties before it got nerfed. It was funny to watch an LM literally kite a BA, it got nerfed pretty quickly and replaced with something even more annoying.

But yeah Sticky Gourd is 100x more deadly than this, especially to melees. From a dps standpoint BA fire dot is much higher, unminitigated BA fire dot is like 150dps. Unmitigated 3 Stacks of burning embers is about the same, except it takes much longer to apply they are really not powerful, and definitely not a good as everyone thinks it is.

That said BA fire dot needs to either become uncurable (since it has a 20s cd) or needs to be given it's 5s CD again. It's been nerfed, nerfed nerfed and nerfed again into near uselessness.
    Last edited by Dolmir; May 11 2012 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarionadama View Post
    Don't LMs have to be fully traited Red to get the sticky gourd?

Whereas the BAs had to... roll a BA. It's why I deleted my old account with a rank 8 BA when Moria came.
    I understand the discrepency. In fact, I understand MANY discrepencies between creep and freep power.

But it's CRITICAL to consider one thing when comparing freeps to creeps.

Freeps require MASSIVE time investment to get to appropriate level, gear, virtues, traits, skills etc etc etc etc...whereas a R0-R5 creep takes a few hours.

ONLY high rank (9-10-11-12) gated creepside skills should be compared to top line freep skills.

This is where the whole mess fell apart when they introduced storebought high end creep skills. And it's why today certain skills have to be gimped to allow for the masses to have them.

I'm all for more balance in the moors. I'm all for creeps overall being more powerful. But because the power scales operate on such different terms it makes Freep/Creep dynamics a very tricky thing.

The problem with BA firedot was that it wasn't gated significantly. Allowing too many BAs to flood the server and basically min/max that ONE strength to the logical faceroll conclusion.

The day there's L75 geared LMs available on demand is the day I'd say we need to nerf a TON of LM skills.

---

It all boils down to cost/benefit. Once again. A core game design idea that has been really lacking in PvMP from the beginning. Things that require more effort, time, resources whatever SHOULD be stronger, more powerful, more effective.

And I think if people were really honest about it and they sat down and thought about it, MUCH of the grief, angst, frustration and sadness in the moors occurs when that fundamental idea is broken.

High ranked creeps who have stuck with it, gone through their "greenie" days, worked to get their skills and ranks up SHOULD BE BAD M-Fers. They should be fearful things that make average every day freeps want to run...and those freeps shouldn't have good odds getting away either.

Similarly, high ranked, optimal geared freeps who have not only ground out millions of renown but also book after book after volume after volume of PvE grinds should be something that EQUALS those titans on creepside.

The problem is Turbine can't make up their mind. They have this scale of power in place, but they don't REALLY scale with power. They keep mitigating it, and trying to make the moors friendly for new players, while STILL hanging on to power scaling on the other hand.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND TURBINE! Set a CLEAR and clearly communicated PvMP agenda. Establish what you want PvMp to look like in it's end state...even if we are a MILLION years and untold riches away from reaching that end state. CLEARLY IDENTIFY IT.

Then communicate it.

Then stick to it.

And insure that EACH AND EVERY development decision going forward from that moment on supports your end state vision.

That would instantly remove the frustration. It may not end people who disagree with your vision. But it'd end the frustration. The frustration is what is killing this game.

I can choose to play LotRO PvE...I pretty much know what I;m getting, I ahve a reasonable expectation and by and large the game delivers on that expectation month after month, year after year. Job well done.

Alternatively I can choose to NOT play LotRO based on what it brings to the table and my personal preferences. I have several friends who have taken this path. I disagree with them, but they prefer other things out of their gaming dollar/hour.

But PvMP has always been a mire of mixed up dreams and wishes held together with a promise of what COULD be an amazing game experience. Every release that touches the moors has some sort of weird disjointed message. Every change to the game mechanics makes me wonder am I going to have fun now?

Ugh...ok...enough on that rant. I think some of you may get my point.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Forza View Post
    Heh, Why give the impression of knowing my pvp track history? have you been following me on twitter? lol
    Because, I've been in the Moors a long time. I've been in many of the raids you lead (which were always well lead). I was also there in the forums when you said you were going to hang out on whichever side had the lower numbers. But, you never came back. You drank the cool-aid, went creep feral and never came back. When people ask where all the old great freeps went, we just say they died...it's easier to explain. You gave Aragorn and Gandalf the shaft, just so you could pal around with Saruman. SHAME...SHAME...SHAME.
    Alaster
    Sune
    Sinstar
    Sinistar

I wasn't accusing you otherwise I would have said if YOU hadn't complained, I'm quite sure you didn't I dunno if I've ever seen you complain about anything.
    Oh, I didn't mean to say you were accusing me. I just don't remember being concerned about it at the time. I might not have even noticed, since most LMs that kite wargs usually don't go too far from their tar.
    Arctic Feathertail
    [Pouncing Pwny]
    R11 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF TEXT
    TL;DR

And that boys and girls is how you deal with a Luc post.

Quote Originally Posted by Reichpapers View Post
    Because, I've been in the Moors a long time. I've been in many of the raids you lead (which were always well lead). I was also there in the forums when you said you were going to hang out on whichever side had the lower numbers. But, you never came back. You drank the cool-aid, went creep feral and never came back. When people ask where all the old great freeps went, we just say they died...it's easier to explain...
    I do remember that post you bring up from one of the times I stopped playing one side, but really, I'm not the type of player that likes announcing in the forums everytime I'll be switching sides. If I announced that, was to get some of the players that were in my raids to consider switching, and make them aware of the state of the moors. Creeps needed more numbers, and I think at that time, it helped a bit, so it was well worth it.

But really, I don't understand how you can make the assertion that I never went back. Neither playing in the moors for a long time, nor reading the forums will tell you what toons or what side I'm playing.

I did stop leading raids on both sides in a daily basis after I got tired of the map, its low depth for strategy options made tactics very repetitive. Raiding wasn't exciting anymore for me, but I did come back to freepside several times, and at times stopped playing creepside entirely. This time though I was soloing, duoing or in small groups with friends. I would only join a raid once in a blue moon and not for long since I found them boring.

How do you think my captain went from rank 9 to 10 and then 11? I also have a Hunter and a LM that I used a lot out there aside from other toons I have. When creeps greatly outnumbered freeps on most nights, and Mascius was rolling the map with his Full Raid + white-hand raid, I wasn't playing creepside, as the number of small scale fights dropped down to almost zero. I was on freepside getting rolled by his raid a lot of the times I was soloing, soloing with a captain with no slows, how stupid, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Reichpapers View Post
    ...You gave Aragorn and Gandalf the shaft, just so you could pal around with Saruman. SHAME...SHAME...SHAME.
    Heh, if you put it that way, it does make me feel a bit bad.
    Last edited by Forza; May 11 2012 at 03:58 PM.
    Nandir - Caradhraz - Alundil - and others
    Burzumgoth - Nardur - Zhugash - and others

Quote Originally Posted by Forza View Post
    I do remember that post you bring up from one of the times I stopped playing one side, but really, I'm not the type of player that likes announcing in the forums everytime I'll be switching sides. If I announced that, was to get some of the players that were in my raids to consider switching, and make them aware of the state of the moors. Creeps needed more numbers, and I think at that time, it helped a bit, so it was well worth it.

But really, I don't understand how you can make the assertion that I never went back. Neither playing in the moors for a long time, nor reading the forums will tell you what toons or what side I'm playing.

I did stop leading raids on both sides in a daily basis after I got tired of the map, its low depth for strategy options made tactics very repetitive. Raiding wasn't exciting anymore for me, but I did come back to freepside several times, and at times stopped playing creepside entirely. This time though I was soloing, duoing or in small groups with friends. I would only join a raid once in a blue moon and not for long since I found them boring.

How do you think my captain went from rank 9 to 10 and then 11? I also have a Hunter and a LM that I used a lot out there aside from other toons I have. When creeps greatly outnumbered freeps on most nights, and Mascius was rolling the map with his Full Raid + white-hand raid, I wasn't playing creepside, as the number of small scale fights dropped down to almost zero. I was on freepside getting rolled by his raid a lot of the times I was soloing, soloing with a captain with no slows, how stupid, eh?

Heh, if you put it that way, it does make me feel a bit bad.
    I'm just trolling you in retaliation for all the times you tracked me...that's all
    Alaster
    Sune
    Sinstar
    Sinistar

burning embers

Good luck getting it off:
    -In a lot of fights, most actually, I never even get the skill off. I can win a lot of fights without it. It's a great skill and I have all the legacies to make it bleed like a MoFo; but sometimes, I literally cannot do the induction. Now that's obviously from a melee perspective because that's the most fights I get. It is fairly different with BAs, because I can get the skill off when they stay at range; but if they come close, they get LM-Melee'd to death. Heck, I've not even been debuffing BAs. I hear ya, Burz. From a BA perspective, it is sorta rough. I don't think the 3 at the same time was needed.

Raid babies / Pew Pew fests / Stab / EC / WTAB / OC / etc:
    -Back when the BA firedot was around, I was just exploring the solo type play so you would find me at these fail locations. And certainly, the firedot was devastating. I remember folks have 8+ on them. I really don't think the LM Burning embers is close to that point. If you could find 3 LMs all in the fail spots spamming it, I don't think it would auto-kill the target like the firedot would. Of course, back when the firedot was around, the LM hadn't been nerfed yet when it comes to disease/wound removal. Gah, I hate that nerf.

And to Luc's point. How many LMs do you know with the correct legacies for maximum bleed, warg-popping, fire crit potential? I honestly don't inspect LMs often; but I can't imagine there being more than 5 LMs out there with the perfect book.
    Landroval!
    Fellrotten - Rank 12 Battlemaster LM - Zero Stars. Survivor of the Barrow-Downs. Ivar's Champion. Embarassing Completionist
    Soccercake - 93 Dude Minstrel
    Mulieribus - 93 Dorf Champion
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

It actually may have been more than this I don't remember how much it was on a second age, but it was well into the forties before it got nerfed. It was funny to watch an LM literally kite a BA, it got nerfed pretty quickly and replaced with something even more annoying.

But yeah Sticky Gourd is 100x more deadly than this, especially to melees. From a dps standpoint BA fire dot is much higher, unminitigated BA fire dot is like 150dps. Unmitigated 3 Stacks of burning embers is about the same, except it takes much longer to apply they are really not powerful, and definitely not a good as everyone thinks it is.
    Word. My BE range was at 48m....
    Landroval!
    Fellrotten - Rank 12 Battlemaster LM - Zero Stars. Survivor of the Barrow-Downs. Ivar's Champion. Embarassing Completionist
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

Konfident

You are a badass to run out of grams alone and try and gank me. The going gets tough so you pop moving target to try and evade my tactical damage....run my bird into the surrounding npcs and back into grams you go. And you were to scared to come back out and snatch up some points when your friends show up to gank me.

I'm embarrassed to be on the same server as you and others alike.

Dirtluk~r12 Lukdirt~r9 Silencing~r11 Shilowadan~r10

Quote Originally Posted by shilow7 View Post
    Konfident

You are a badass to run out of grams alone and try and gank me. The going gets tough so you pop moving target to try and evade my tactical damage....run my bird into the surrounding npcs and back into grams you go. And you were to scared to come back out and snatch up some points when your friends show up to gank me.

Awwwww..............HAHAHAHA
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a010000119c02/signature.png]Meatgrinder[/charsig]

What does not kill you makes you stronger....
    Though that which kills you makes your mother stronger....

Konfident

is that ur first time fighting him?

Quote Originally Posted by sarefx View Post
    is that ur first time fighting him?
    Yes.

He obviously doesn't solo :P
    Dirtluk~r12 Lukdirt~r9 Silencing~r11 Shilowadan~r10

Yes.

=) he solo around keeps only, when I play creepside I can never rely on his help since runs away all the time

biggest misnomer creep name ever.

I'm not really sure why they're even in this zone...
    Landroval!
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

So here we have an opponent -- an enemy -- the one we're supposed to kill or be killed by -- using tactics, described above, that didn't meet approval. And it's extra bad because of an apparent assumption that it was intended to be a 1v1(1.5?) to death, assumed again by one player's terms, and then assumed again it would go how that one player wanted it to, but it didn't. So that warrants posts and threads like this, or some such.

For the record, I'm not the player behind 'Konfident', nor do I know him/her in-game, but posts that complain about how an enemy attacks you (aside from obvious cheats/exploits, and even P2W if you want to go to that not-so-grey area) having bad form are ridiculous. A lot of players out here have some set of personal rules they expect everyone else to read from their minds, and then to follow. All in the vague interest of playing fair. For one specific example among plenty in this thread alone: If you don't want your pet pulled into NPCs (are you sure that was the intention?) then don't use a pet near NPCs. Simple enough. Complaining about your personal honor-rule set not being obeyed is silly, because it's an unrealistic expectation.

Follow the simplest rule of all: Kill the enemy whenever you can.

Yes.

Milnor and Dirt, you are right. He was a member of my tribe but he had to leave because of his playstyle. He plays solo around keeps only. He never helped me when I was in trouble. He just ran away all the time. We dont play in the same group anymore because of this.
    Last edited by xXnAAme; May 14 2012 at 06:41 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100002d3299/signature.png]Arrangaar[/charsig][COLOR=#b22222]
    Arrengash[/COLOR], warg rank 8
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Dark Blades[/B][/COLOR]

thank you to the group of 5 BAs who felt it necessary to be so bad and jump in. Looked like 1 wanted a 1v1, very disrespectful for you to all jump in. if youre that desperate for renown at 5am go pve. dont fail.
    "I am the shadow and the smoke in your eyes. I am the ghost that hides in the night."

-Kayko R12 Burg, Landroval (Retired)

Everytime a burg dies, god saves a kitten :P
    [CENTER][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=3][B]~ Sars... The Creeples Champion! ~
    Pouncing Pwny[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

@Flaky

Next time youll try to disrespect me after a dual by corpse jumping me, try to do it outside One Shoter range, youll look less stupid.

Thanks for your 126 infamy.

Also, i dont know if you think you are skilled or what, but the fact it took you over 2 minutes to burn me down show a very poor knowledge of your class abilities. You are not playing on Arkenstone anymore. Any top Landroval burglar (like Nutty or Jetsu) would have downed me in 20-30 seconds maximum.

Welcome to Landroval.
    Last edited by whitefox1313; May 15 2012 at 12:29 PM.

Chieftain Biohazaard - Rank 12 Defiler Landroval
    Arakys Warhym - Rank 7 Minstrel Landroval

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast