We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Sparking an Interest Anniversary Quest Information

The issue with this quest is, when you have lag due to the volume of players running around Bree, one might not see the spawn point before someone else gets it. Then you move past it to the next location. The more locations you get, the harder it is to figure out which spots you missed.

I spent a half hour looking for my last spot, moved on and finished all the other quests. When I returned I noticed people doing the quest at the Prancing Pony and remembered I had not found one there. So I waited for it to spawn. For 15 minutes I watched others set off fireworks, but it would not let me. I kept wondering if I had already done that location. Searched Bree again. Returned to PP. Then after another 5, a spot spawned for me on the other side of the courtyard, behind the chairs/statues.

This quest needs a redesign. Maybe moved to a less laggy area. Maybe a list of general locations to look that checks off as you find them.

At the very least it should state you are competing with others for the spawn locations and that you might not have the same spot at a location.

Overall, this one quest brings the Anniversary experience down. Two thumbs up for the rest of the Anniversary though.
    ****Bogarts! We hates Bogarts!****

It seems, the spots are on shared base - i am on 5/6 for a long time. Saw a spot, but someone else took it before i got there, and well, 2 hours later visiting that spot between fireworks shows, i still have same 5/6. Before that got first 5 easily, athen spent several hours running Bree from one end to other, doing the letter chasing quest. Nothing.
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

I was able to do the quest perfectly fine the first time and wasn't sure what everyone was complaining about. But the 2nd oh boy, 5/6. I ran the path over an over for nearly an hour before it got dark and never saw another spawn point pop up. I suppose I must have just missed one somewhere and someone else got it.

Seems an odd quest to have the spawn points go away for so long. Since the quest is only worth 2 tokens, not worth the time to try very hard to finish it. I think in the future I will just do one run down and then back and if I don't get the spawns I'll just leave. I can do the expert beer brawl several times over and make more coins. :P

Pretty much all the new quests are fun and I still love the beer brawl (glad we get more coins for it this year), but this one quest seems not worth tearing your hair out over.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000197a56/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadBounder View Post
    It's been another 45 minutes wasted looking for spot #6. I have looked everywhere, including the spots mentioned here. So far, this quest has not been a celebration of anything except frustration.

But all the other quests I have done are fine. I guess this one is just not worth the effort.
    That's exactly how I was feeling last night. I REALLY dislike quests that rely on long timers where whoever gets there first wins and everyone else waits. Incredibly frustrating.

As a whole, the anniversary event has been very nice (I LOVE the fireworks show in Bree!), but that quest made me want to punch puppies.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Widoch is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013

I rode around for 40 minutes looking for the 6th location. Saw a ton of people in Regional and Advice chat with the same problem. I finally just decided to forget about it and go do other stuff. I reported it as a bug. It doesn't matter if someone can finish it in 20 min, if it takes 45 min for me to find one little spawn point in a quest on Silverlode at 3am central standard time when no one is on, the quest is bugged and I treated it as such.

The rest of the festival has been a blast! I love the fireworks!

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

The way the quest is designed, it will take longer as you get closer to the end - so a lot of us will be stuck on 5/6 for a long time. Here's why:

When you get the quest, it assigns you 6 potential places to launch your fireworks. As you ride back and forth, you'll have 6 potential spots that can pop up, so your odds of finding and beating out others to any of those 6 are pretty good. Let's say you've found 3 spots now, and you have three left to find... so there's only 3 available, and your odds of finding any of those 3 are decent, but not as good as 6. When you're looking for your last one, there's only 1 spot that will be available to you (and you probably don't know which it is, unless you saw it earlier in the quest and someone beat you to it). Now you're riding back and forth, hoping to find that 1 spot, and hoping someone else doesn't beat you to it.

5/6 will be frustrating on this quest.
    Valadan
    Champion, Gladden

"The road goes ever on and on..."

Quote Originally Posted by SalukiDan View Post
    The way the quest is designed, it will take longer as you get closer to the end - so a lot of us will be stuck on 5/6 for a long time. Here's why:

When you get the quest, it assigns you 6 potential places to launch your fireworks. As you ride back and forth, you'll have 6 potential spots that can pop up, so your odds of finding and beating out others to any of those 6 are pretty good. Let's say you've found 3 spots now, and you have three left to find... so there's only 3 available, and your odds of finding any of those 3 are decent, but not as good as 6. When you're looking for your last one, there's only 1 spot that will be available to you (and you probably don't know which it is, unless you saw it earlier in the quest and someone beat you to it). Now you're riding back and forth, hoping to find that 1 spot, and hoping someone else doesn't beat you to it.

5/6 will be frustrating on this quest.
    I do not believe that to be the case.......
    I was on 5/6 and previously had seen one near the forge near west gate thought that was my last spawn spot so waited around rode around left the area waited for it to respawn never saw it again. Let bree to do other quests came back some time later and it spawnd near the boar fountian as I was ridding past. So think that there are more then 6 locations it can random spawn and seems spawn rates get longer as you get closer to completion.

Has anyone else run into this problem? :

I was at 5/6, bored and frustrated after awhile so I switched to an alt (on the same account) and ran some event stuff on them. When I logged back onto my main to try and get that 6th spot the quest was gone form my log, I had to re-take it and start all over at 0/6.

Quote Originally Posted by Eramin View Post
    Has anyone else run into this problem? :

I was at 5/6, bored and frustrated after awhile so I switched to an alt (on the same account) and ran some event stuff on them. When I logged back onto my main to try and get that 6th spot the quest was gone form my log, I had to re-take it and start all over at 0/6.

Ouch! That has not happened to me but I feel for ya. I currently have 5/6. Spent over an hour last night gathering the 5 and still galloping around a good while for the 6th. The crowd had died down a good bit by 2am my time but I still could not find the elusive #6. So I logged off and went to another character. Got back on later and spent another 30 minutes looking for #6, to no avail.

Logged back on today .. rode around, walked around, left town for a bit, came back, had a drink or three, hoped to muddle my wits enough to at least imagine seeing a number 6. Nothing.

I have invested more time in this one Anniversary quest than I believe I have ever spent on any one quest in this entire game.

I never complain about anything Lotro related. I love this game and I understand just that. It's a game. But this quest has driven me to the brink of insanity! I am about to cancel this quest and avoid it at all costs on all my characters.

I need another drink .. or two.

Where does this quest start? I seem to have completely missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostro44 View Post
    In the fireworks area in Bree (at the Hobbit farms on the hill inside the North Gate). There are a couple younger hobbits in the center of the fireworks area. One gives the quest, but it may only be up when the fireworks show quest is not available. I'm not sure but I've only seen this one there during the day.
    Last edited by Eramin; Apr 17 2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: typo

Basically you have to launch a firework in each "zone" and wait the last one in an area you haven't used.

/edit for those who still dont get it: A "zone" is like all spots that spawn around the boar fountain.
    Last edited by Laerien; Apr 18 2012 at 01:19 AM.
    Please ignore my ridiculous running animation.

Been stuck for *four* hours at 5/6, gave up for the day...

Quote Originally Posted by Murky_Majare View Post
    Been stuck for *four* hours at 5/6, gave up for the day...
    That just isn't right. I keep wondering if we're missing something or it really is bad design (or something buggy is going on in the live environment, since I'm sure it was tested). Because that just doesn't make sense at all.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

I was having trouble finding the last 2, considerign how busy/laggy it was earlier on.

Went away and quested for a time, til most people had gone to bed. Came back & finished it in 10 minutes.

Its poorly designed, but all I can suggest is to try and log in during a quieter period.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e00000025bd60/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[i]Formerly of Imladris[/i]

Sparking an Interest quest bugs out and you cannot see the nodes spawn. Happened to me yesterday. After watching people get spots right in front of me that weren't sparkling I relogged and they appeared again.
    Last edited by Nvara; Apr 17 2012 at 08:31 PM.

Widoch is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Nostro44 View Post
    It would seem it's only available during the day as the fireworks show is on at night. Like was said before, there are two hobbits who appear in the middle of the Bree fireworks show area.

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

I can say that this quest and the spawn points are available at night. I just finished the quest at it is Night-time: Evening in game. The fireworks show is going on in Bree.

I would also like to add an additional spawn poitn I haven't seen mentioned yet: in front of the townsperson at 30.0S 51.3W. I was stuck on 5/6 last night and rode around for an hour. Finally saw this spawn point appear, but someone beat me to it. Waited for another 30 minutes for it to reappear and it never did. Logged out. Logged back in today and it appeared as soon as I logged in.

But yeah, it seems bugged.

I also noticed the quest directional arrow in the mini-map appears to work occasionally. If you are within 80-90 meters of a spawn point, you'll see the ring and arrow pointing in the direction of the spawn point. But when you get closer, the symbol disappears. And it appears to point towards any nearby spawn point, even ones that aren't active or that you have already visited.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=white][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Well, I've just watched at least a dozen people click on different spots right in front of me that I couldn't see.

So either it's bugged or they've deliberately made it so that only a handful of people at a time can finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by RosieLass View Post
    Well, I've just watched at least a dozen people click on different spots right in front of me that I couldn't see.

So either it's bugged or they've deliberately made it so that only a handful of people at a time can finish it.
    Not everyone gets the same spawn site locations......which is part of what makes it very trying.

This may have been an attempt to solve the issue of berry spawns in the treasure hunt gone bad.

The way I do this quest, is to divide the long track from West to South gate in 6 parts. In each of these parts you have to find a spot; if you can't find it there, feel free to move forward but you'll have to return to that zone later on. In my experience I have found those zones to be:
    1. West Gate and forges
    2. The road between the West Gate and the Prancing Pony
    3. The plaza in front of the Prancing Pony
    4. Boar Fountain
    5. Town Hall & Jail
    6. South Gate & Woodworker's Gate

The most annoying of these spawn points is without doubt the Prancing Pony one, as it feels like it has a much longer respawn time than the others. Just note down the locations you've found a spawn point in, and return to the ones you haven't marked down yet.
    Alrandel (BRG) ~ Barimac (MNS) ~ Heorteleas (WRD) ~ Elaewen (LRM) ~ Bolinur (RNK)

Quote Originally Posted by NickStern View Post
    Not everyone gets the same spawn site locations......which is part of what makes it very trying.

This may have been an attempt to solve the issue of berry spawns in the treasure hunt gone bad.
    The berry spawn quest was annoying, but at least you could be sure that eventually, another berry would spawn in that spot.

I saw the fireworks point spawn in front of Harry Goatleaf twice in a row about an hour ago, but it hasn't reappeared there for me since. And it's just not appearing at all anywhere else.

I also keep getting a <string table error; tableDID error message, and the ticket system won't let me submit a ticket.

So maybe I'M just bugged...

Quote Originally Posted by RosieLass View Post
    The berry spawn quest was annoying, but at least you could be sure that eventually, another berry would spawn in that spot.

I saw the fireworks point spawn in front of Harry Goatleaf twice in a row about an hour ago, but it hasn't reappeared there for me since. And it's just not appearing at all anywhere else.

I also keep getting a <string table error; tableDID error message, and the ticket system won't let me submit a ticket.

So maybe I'M just bugged...
    I was getting the same error tonight, stuck at 5/6... couldn't see them spawning anywhere, though I saw other folks all over setting them repeatedly....
    ?

I have done all festival quests with one of my characters now, and I can confirm that this one is the most frustrating, all others are fun and work just fine (except you might have to wait for night if you want to do the fireworks-show quest). Like others, I also had 5/6 and had to ride all around Bree for ages, and finally I got my last one, and it spawned in a location that I had already rode past dozens of times before...

But like one of the first posters in this thread said, just do other quests, as there are many to choose from. You don't *HAVE* to do them all. Maybe if you wanted absolutely every reward there is, but I don't know who would want all those maps to place on our walls considering that our housing hooks are packed full already...

Personally I like the quest where you open those letters most fun. Some of those letters give you anniversary tokens as well... And, now that I have done that quest only once with my 9 characters, THREE of them have got mounts already from those letters! Two got lossoth steed and one got the steed of the warden, so there's a little hint to you people which one could be worth doing...

Stupid Stupid Stupid Quest.

Stuck on 5/6, ran around bree for abot 10-15 times for about 30minutes, gave up, not gonna bother with this festival again if this is what turbine think is suppose to be "fun"...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast