We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

lotroclient problem

Any time i start it since today it is a checking programs but doesnt continue.Is there a new patch?

Re: lotroclient problem

Hello, I am having the same problem atm (stuck at examine programs) , was able to login this morning. Also cant log into my account.turbine.
    Thanks in advance!

Yep....am having the same issue...the client gets stuck on "Examine Programs"..... doesnt move beyond that....
    Arkenhelm - 86 Loremaster (R6) - Landroval
    Ivalden - 76 Captain (R2) - Landroval
    Drankorg - Warg (R5) - Landroval
    Naurvion - 26 Loremaster - Landroval

phew, glad it isn't only me.
    Kinda, would rather be butchering orcs >.> xD
    What I type here, is only so I don't get banned. What I really think goes here.

I cannot log in to my account on account.turbine.com. The login button does nothing.
    99 little bugs in the code
    99 little bugs
    take one down and patch it around
    124 little bugs in the code

Same here. It's locking with "waiting status" on examining programs.

Same here aswell, i was in in the morning but now no go, got as far as selecting server, got a error 5000 or somesuch (something to do with que then it crashed out)

Maybe it is because...

I bought a class trait slot earlier today and found out my character haven't update with the new slot. I checked my turbine points, yeh, points were deducted there but the class slot haven't been unlocked, (I even checked my mailbox, I got the email that confirm the transaction.

Without the slightest idea what was going on, I decided to /bug it... I logged out the account then try to relog, then found out client stuck at Examine Program...

ditto same problem.. logged off lunchtime now when i try & log on.. 20 minutes so far examing programs...waiting. Any Devs out there can confirm whats the issue please.
    Ohora once of Snowbourn now Evernight

Anyone not facing any issues logging on?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000098d20/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I had this yesterday for about three hours - unable to log into game, unable to log here into forums without being thrown out in 30 seconds, nothing on community site worked. I just encountered some problems with logging in my second account (at the same time with main account, normal procedure here while doing some crafting).

Simple workaround is to close the launcher from the X and try starting it up again. It'll go through sooner or later. Sometimes it takes two or three attempts, sometimes ten. (Funnily enough, so far it has gone through every time when I've right-clicked the shortcut and selected "Run as Administrator", but I suspect that's just a coincidence...)

So, there are issues. It's not just you, but many of us here. And it's not the first time these issues are showing up...
    [B]Leader of Freelancer, Eldar[/B]

My Client is stuck at "Examine Programs" too.
    This problem has repeated itself many times in the past. I did some searching and found this reply to one of the threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Due to the very heavy load on our patch servers, it may take significantly longer for you to complete the 'examining programs' phase of the update.
    (This quote is from Nov 2010, NOT now)

So I'm guessing there is a ninja-patch which Turbine has implemented.

But I never faced this problem before; just today.
    Soo long and still staying at Examine programs.

EDIT;
    Can login now Gl peeps
    Last edited by vpram86; Apr 27 2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Can login

I am able to log in now, restarting the launcher a few times did the trick! thanks!

Tried restarting the client a few times, but it gets stuck at various stages.
    [SIZE=3]NO SLEEP 'TILL MORDOR!![/SIZE]

in also multi restarts.. never happened before but in now ;D
    Ohora once of Snowbourn now Evernight

Same problem; restarted client several times and have rebooted the computer. Still no joy

I had this problem as well. I restarted the client and got inside the game without real issue. Good luck peeps.
    *Landroval*
    Ordvalt 100 Burglar, Eppu 90 Minstrel
    **Evernight**
    Fearmur 65 Minstrel, Arliriel 65 Loremaster, Amather 65 Captain, Ordvald 65 Warden

Several restarts and nothing.

It just sits at Examine Programs forever.

F: Esegar (Arkenstone, formerly Meneldor)
    C: Tocu, Seroxat, Tylerdurdenn (Arkenstone) Alberigo, Flamenguista, Parasect (Crickhollow)

Happened to me this morning too. I tried restarting it from scratch and checked 'Log in to last played server' (whatever it actually says) in hopes that would circumvent whatever was getting stuck. I got in fine... and don't know whether checking the box is what got me off the hosage.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Exclamation Re: lotroclient problem

I am having the same issue, Logged off approx 9am EDT and could not log back in.
    Getting stuck at examne programs and then shows an error message "Error in the XML file #1,55400

The last update has been one big headache for me and my kin. The stable rides getting stuck, server lag, excessive log in times...etc...etc.

I can't believe that the developers can program an entire festival, but can not fix these issues

Thanks,
    Danaeth
    Last edited by Danaeth; Apr 27 2012 at 12:43 PM.
    One Twinfall Path, Imlad-Anor Falathorn Homesteads
    Kinhouse-5 Waterbank Rd. Raundor

So are people still having trouble logging in? I've been sitting here for 2 hours trying to figure it out, thought it was my system. Can't get past examine programs but even getting to that stage was a challenge. Got an error message and a countdown several times, then finally got to connect etc. Not progressing past examine programs... Others having issues?

The problem is getting worse ... now I can't even get the data centers ...

Or maybe that's a sign that LotRO is working the problem. A message would be appreciated.

i had this problem for like 3 hours this morning. finnally loaded about 2 mins ago. all i can suggest is either wait, or keep trying to load it. it will work eventually

Make sure you actually *close* the launcher instead of minimizing it. And wait a few moments before launching it back - it seems to be sometimes very slow in closing down. You may also want to check task manager, specifically the list of processes, for any lotroclient.exe, TurbineLauncher.exe or TurbineInvoker.exe processes after hitting the X. If you see any of those processes running, kill them and try starting up again.

Also, if your shortcut points to TurbineLauncher.exe, you can browse to the game installation folder and try TurbineInvoker.exe for a change - and vice versa. This may or may not help, but it's worth a shot.
    [B]Leader of Freelancer, Eldar[/B]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast