We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wow...Has anyone ever completed this?

Look at this walk through and tell me it doesn't make Draigoch look like a walk in the park...

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/D%C3%A2r_Narbugud

I'd love to run it some time...anyone completed it or have any advice? It just looks so challenging...(but in a fun way?)

Re: Wow...Has anyone ever completed this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronano View Post
    Tips:

- Remove corruptions; they're nasty
    - Run away from black noodles on the ground
    - The use of crowd control can have unforseen consequences in Dar Nârbugud. It is adviced to double-check your targets before assigning crowd control. Both trolls and snarling overseers are violently buffed if you stun, daze, or root them, just as at least one boss fight spawns an extra wave if you use too much CC).
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000005516/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by 7h3C47 View Post
    ...anyone completed it...?
    This has been completed a bazillion of times, as this was released back in the times of Moria (when Lothlorien was released) and is desigend for lvl 60 toons. Running this with lvl 75 toons should be a total faceroll, unless all of your raid members are completely new to raiding and common raid mechanics.
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
    Vodomir - Champion (105) | Shae - Captain (97)
    Twisterhasen - Gwaihir [DE]

Hmmh, I actually wrote tactics for all the bosses first, but maybe it's better if you use that guide

You should either get a group of very patient people with no experience, or take someone who knows the raid with you. It really can be difficult even at lvl 75 if nobody knows any of the stuff. With a few wipes you should be able to clear the bosses though, especially with that guide.

With properly geared lvl 75 team of (*insert e-peen, ie. "HAHA, I CLEARED IT WITH 3 YESTERDAY*) you really can just run through and tank'n'spank everything if you know the tactics. Before Rise of Isengard, DN was farmed by multiple PuG groups every week, and in my experience it's easier then Rift, which is a lvl 50 raid. That was at level 65 though, I really haven't run them enough after RoI to say if that's still true.

Tips:

That's all I know think of right now. You really should try the raid! And yes, it is more complicated than Draigoch, just like all the raid content out there, except Turtle :P
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000000e431f/01008/signature.png]Ronano[/charsig]
    Ronano, 75 Hunter ~ Kitaristi, 65 Minstrel
    [URL="http://karhunkynsi.shivtr.com"]Karhunkynsi[/URL]
    Turbine, Y U NO FIX my.lotro?!?[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Ronano View Post
    Tips:

- Excercise restraint on your use of crowd control; many of the enemies in here will not only be immune to CC but be violently buffed by stuns, dazes, and roots.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000005516/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Hirion_of_Dale View Post
    - Excercise restraint on your use of crowd control; many of the enemies in here will not only be immune to CC but be violently buffed by stuns, dazes, and roots.
    I also think, that there's no need for any CC with lvl 75 toons. You could as well just group all of the Mobs in one spot and AoE blend them down.
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Look at this walk through and tell me it doesn't make Draigoch look like a walk in the park...

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/D%C3%A2r_Narbugud

I'd love to run it some time...anyone completed it or have any advice? It just looks so challenging...(but in a fun way?)
    Completed it WAY too many times. And Draigoch IS a walk in the park
    MI6 - Evernight
    Original Challenger of Gothmog
    R4 Champion Erelena R9 Guardian Merebrand R12 Burglar R9 Captain R6 Hunter
    R8 Stalker | Nuntii R13 Reaver | R8 Warleader

DN was fella fun at level 60. I ran it a few times at 65 for friends, and it was still fun, though much easier. Now... yeah, probably a faceroll if you already are familiar with the mechanics of the raid.
    Shyma, formerly Shima
    Bashel

Glad to hear people have worked it out okay...hopefully I can get a good group together to try it out! I really appreciate the advice and encouragement. (I'm on Ridder if anyone wants to help out )

As for replies about how it's a low level instance such as (but not limited to):

Quote Originally Posted by Vodomir View Post
    Running this with lvl 75 toons should be a total faceroll, unless all of your raid members are completely new to raiding and common raid mechanics.
    I guess I should clarify. I was more implying that it was challenging because of its technicality, not because of something like the sheer number of mobs or morale on a boss. In the latter case, of course a group of 75s would definitely help "faceroll". According to to the walk through, though, if you don't play by the rules (i.e. "tank and spank"), certain bosses/mobs will automatically kill you-- no matter if you're all level 75 or have superior gear and good weapons etc. I meant more to say that the amount of information needed in real time to get past the various stages seems to be higher than your average instance. Sorry for not being more clear to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodomir View Post
    Running this with lvl 75 toons should be a total faceroll, unless all of your raid members are completely new to raiding and common raid mechanics.
    Or too sure of themselves .

We went into DN with 10 raid-experienced lvl75s a few weeks ago and it was indeed fairly easy, but once people run into three different directions at once and start pulling every mob they see things can still go downhill quickly. At one point we were left with two guardians (Orthanc-specced so they were very survivable but hit for less damage than the mobs regenerated in that time) and a warspeech-specced minstrel ... we kept the mobs busy until the rest of the raid had retreated and run back in (no in-combat rez on the red mini ).

That said, it is a very enjoyable raid with interesting mechanics. I still find the layout confusing though and tend to get lost in there . Good luck to you finding a group, and have loads of fun! If you are interested in the story, there is a questgiver sitting right outside the entrance to DN in the Foundations of Stone (next door to the entrance to the Dark Delving) that has quite a few quests to give for that raid.

Glad to hear people have worked it out okay...hopefully I can get a good group together to try it out! I really appreciate the advice and encouragement. (I'm on Ridder if anyone wants to help out )

As for replies about how it's a low level instance such as (but not limited to):

I guess I should clarify. I was more implying that it was challenging because of its technicality, not because of something like the sheer number of mobs or morale on a boss. In the latter case, of course a group of 75s would definitely help "faceroll". According to to the walk through, though, if you don't play by the rules (i.e. "tank and spank"), certain bosses/mobs will automatically kill you-- no matter if you're all level 75 or have superior gear and good weapons etc. I meant more to say that the amount of information needed in real time to get past the various stages seems to be higher than your average instance. Sorry for not being more clear to begin with.
    In that case, let me rephrase my post, too

Of course the raid had a number of interesting mechanics, but with the DPS and the survivability of full equipped lvl 75 toons, you should basically be able to just mash everything down and just not care about any mechanic, as most of the mobs will be dead before anything harmful can happen. I wouldn't be too surprised if you could kill most of the bosses by just popping Fellowship's Heart and In Harms Way + Last Stand and then just DPS the boss down before those skils expire. Certain mechanics need to be watched for (e.g. spreading out to avoid the eyes in Phase 1 of the Blind One Fight, though you can probably just mash through that phase by slowing and iterrupting him), but I'd still say that most of the mechanics can just be skipped (through overhealing and sheer DPS).

Ran some of this raid the other day with a mostly on-level raid group, besides the tank (75 warden) and a healer (75 RK). First pull, a lockbox dropped (60-69), and I won it; happy to say there was a Symbol of the Elder King in it. We wiped on the first bosses (Blagh & Rung) and the warden ended up solo'ing them(they were at 50%, and the warden was the last alive). Zholuga was easy. Flâgît is much more of a pain, because of his heal buff, if he has that buff and is damaged, he gains 5k morale a hit. It's a pain trying to get 8-12 people to stop attacking at the same time, I suggest using target forwarding through the tank.

Wiped 4 times on The Blind One before the PUG eventually disbanded. Damn PUGs...

(This was my first time experiencing this raid)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyzurale View Post
    Flâgît is much more of a pain, because of his heal buff, if he has that buff and is damaged, he gains 5k morale a hit. It's a pain trying to get 8-12 people to stop attacking at the same time, I suggest using target forwarding through the tank.
    That's definitely a mechanic you can't ignore ^^

The heal bubble is on a set timer, so you can just use a stop watch and call DPS stop shortly before he throws the bubble and then commence DPS once the bubble wears off. At a certain morale threshold he throws the bubble faster but it will also last only 5 secs.

Another trick to do this is to simply count the number of eyes thrown after a bubble wears off. In the beginning he throws the bubble every three eyes. So once the bubble wears off and you call the third guy to leave the boss area with his eye, just call DPS stop, then wait for the bubble to wear off and continue to DPS him. Later (when he throws the bubble more often), he throws the bubble after calling out 2 eyes. That way you don't need a stop watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyzurale View Post
    Ran some of this raid the other day with a mostly on-level raid group, besides the tank (75 warden) and a healer (75 RK). First pull, a lockbox dropped (60-69), and I won it; happy to say there was a Symbol of the Elder King in it. We wiped on the first bosses (Blagh & Rung) and the warden ended up solo'ing them(they were at 50%, and the warden was the last alive). Zholuga was easy. Flâgît is much more of a pain, because of his heal buff, if he has that buff and is damaged, he gains 5k morale a hit. It's a pain trying to get 8-12 people to stop attacking at the same time, I suggest using target forwarding through the tank.

Wiped 4 times on The Blind One before the PUG eventually disbanded. Damn PUGs...

(This was my first time experiencing this raid)
    Good ole Flagit.... Last time I ran DN I think our number cruncher said we had done 4,000,000 points of damage to him. It was that raid I learned the stupid and hard of hearing had to get punted from a raid. Hmmm sounds like a good run for this weekend. It's been a long time.
    Used to show a pic... Seems to be broken links now. Good Ole Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuaje View Post
    Good ole Flagit.... Last time I ran DN I think our number cruncher said we had done 4,000,000 points of damage to him. It was that raid I learned the stupid and hard of hearing had to get punted from a raid. Hmmm sounds like a good run for this weekend. It's been a long time.
    Nothing more fun than getting him down, then putting up both champ bleeds just before he does his heal buff and see him heal to almost full while people rage :P

If you have a good raid leader and people pay a bit of attention it is really not a hard fight.

The first boss (trolls) are even soloable on a well geared and experienced warden
    [center]Member of [color=red][b]The Illuminati[/b][/color] on [b]Eldar[/b]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/eldar/elriwan/]Elriwan[/url] (85 Rune-Keeper)[/center]

Because you guys have done it I figure I'll ask...

The barter tokens which drop for bosses, the ones you trade in Lothlorien for armor, does each raid member get one from the boss loot or do you roll on it and only 1 person gets 1 barter item per boss?

[One reason I'm interested in this particular raid is because I'd like to use the barter armor cosmetically on my lvl 75 toon...just want to know if I'll be running it once for the full set or a million times until I get all the pieces haha]

one per chest. You'll probably be running it a few times to get the full set. You can ask pretty please to not roll on it for alts though. Some people are nice like that.

Kinda makes me wanna go faceroll this one sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by nightzirch90 View Post
    The first boss (trolls) are even soloable on a well geared and experienced warden
    What can't a well-geared experienced warden solo?
    @OP, check out this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3_M7P_6B6U

Draigoch is a walk in the park, lol. It was meant to be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by deeman25845601 View Post
    Draigoch is a walk in the park, lol. It was meant to be easy.
    Will people STOP saying this... it's easy to say such-and-such is a walk in the park once you have it down.
    Groups still wipe; at times it still falls apart in phase 3 due to large crits.