We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LOTRO 10th Anniversary! The Next Big Anniversary? Another 5 more years? Epic update?

The year is 2017. Lotro has been around for 10years.

And it looks like this:

*Raises Mug Full of Beer and Toasts!*

*Cheers!*

Smile Re: LOTRO 10th Anniversary! The Next Big Anniversary? Another 5 more years? Epic upda

If LOTRO plays like this by the year 2017, it would be sooooo awesome:

Hey...and it is by Warner Brothers Studios Too! (Same as Lotro!)

Re: LOTRO 10th Anniversary! The Next Big Anniversary? Another 5 more years? Epic upda

That's actually from Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Here's a review of it from IGN:

Lotro did have a major graphical update a few years ago. Graphics in 2007 have been updated to the current 2012 graphics.
    So at this trend, perhaps, that is something to look forward too?

Hmm...the next phase perhaps? Graphic cards would be pretty powerful in the year 2017, so such gameplay should be very possible.

The next evolutionary phase of Lotro?

______________________________ _____

To the Devs:

"To Our Dearly Beloved LOTRO Devs at Turbine,
    Last edited by Hadoril; May 12 2012 at 07:31 AM.

Re: LOTRO 10th Anniversary! The Next Big Anniversary? Another 5 more years? Epic upda

Server contracts expire in 2015, sorry guys

Thumbs down Re: LOTRO 10th Anniversary! The Next Big Anniversary? Another 5 more years? Epic upda

You know, I was going to rant about all the people who complain about LOTRO's graphics, but why bother? It'll still go on.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000001f12a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "I have my fears, but they do not have me." ... "And the monster I was so afraid of, lies curled up on the floor."
    -Peter Gabriel- "Darkness"

Ignorance is bestowed on us at birth, but we don't have to keep it.
    -Lorin Fast- "Random ramblings"

Will the Crafts on the sigs ever get updated?

And yet, it happened. Coming soon to a server near you: the Lotro 10th anniversary! I'm personally so excited.

yeah but with the same old engine, old graphics (although they're very fitting), old poor servers, old bad fps drops.

in 5 years nothing really changed. poor. very poor indeed.
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

Gotta say, after quite a few hours in War in the North, it just didn't do it for me. The story line seemed almost nonexistent and the clunky solo-player controls were a bit bothersome. -> LotRO is still the best Tolkien game.

Heya! My name is Bruce; I've been playing since right before Helm's Deep came out. Hope to keep playing for many ages to come!