We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Star Crystal drop locations

Storm on M. Duo T3 0/2
    Storm on M. Raid T1 0/1

Fornost Water T2 HM 0/1
    Fornost Earth T2 HM 0/1

Roots T2 HM 0/1

Thanks for the awesome grind Turbine!

Storm on M. t1 solo 0/3

Foundry T2 HM 1/1

Fornost Earth T2 HM 1/1
    Fornost Fire T2 HM 1/1
    Last edited by Krysia; May 16 2012 at 09:17 AM.

0/1 Methedras Duo T1
    1/1 Methedras Duo T3
    0/1 Rift of Nurz Gashu Duo T3

Added it to second age emblem, tiny dps increse on my FA Greatsword not enticing enough.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000dc2af/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

Updating, I think I'm up to four Foundry runs with only one drop.

Four GBs with no drops.

Edit: Now 2/5 Foundries.

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Last edited by RJFerret; May 17 2012 at 03:41 PM.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

0/1 Saruman T1
    0/1 Lightning T2
    0/1 Draigoch T1
    0/4 Fornost
    0/2 Tal Mathedras Raid Skirm

-Pitiful
    Rank 9 ? Marintellion ? Hunter
    Guardians of the Dagorlad
    A Leaf on the Wind

0/1 - T3 Methedras solo
    0/1 - T1 Methardas raid
    0/1 - Foundry T2
    0/1 - RoF T2
    0/1 - F&F T2
    0/1 - T1 Thievery & Mischief solo
    0/1 - Fornost first wing T1
    0/1 - Fornost first wing T2

I'm sure i've ran other stuff...but so far I haven't seen one drop.

3/70+ Strike against dannenglor T1 solo lvl 75.

2/3 RoF

2/4 Foundery T2

0/1 Skirmish raid T1 lvl 75

0/1 Skirmish raid t2 lvl 75
    Last edited by Kulla; May 17 2012 at 06:08 PM.

Horrible luck so far for this dwarf and his alts...been working the new skirm at lev75

Methedras skirm duo 75 T1 0/12
    Methedras skirm duo 75 T2 0/12
    Methedras skirm duo 75 T3 0/8

Other than not getting a chance to roll on a crystal, the loot is really bad in this skirmish. The worse case, was when i finished my first t3 and recieved two scrolls from the witch corpse that can only be used in the skirmish.

Must be time to go back to older skirmishes, something is not right with the loot drops on this skirmish. Highest relic recieved is a t2. And the difference between t1 and t3 , loot/coin/drops wise is not worth talking about. All that happens is that mobs get more morale.

Just my two coppers

Updating my OP, now

0/11 T3 Dannenglor...
    0/1 T2 Foundry

Alas. Well, at least I'm getting lots of marks/medallions....

Most of the replies haven't indicated what level the instances and skirmishes are being run at. Has it been confirmed that the crystals only drop in lvl 75 settings?

0/14 T3 Duo Skirmishes L75 (IF).

As we could probably run four or more solo t1 Strike Against D Solo skirmishes in the same amount of time it takes to run one T3 duo, I'd hate it if selecting the quickest solo t1 skirmishes skipping encounters will be the fastest way to obtain them for 1,2, 3-mans. I thought the whole re-design of the marks/medallions/IF was to prevent farming the same short instance over and over and over.
    [u][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEsCKAb7r0"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] [/color][COLOR="Orange"] A fun what-if video I hope brings a smile[/color][COLOR="Red"][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by haendas View Post
    Most of the replies haven't indicated what level the instances and skirmishes are being run at. Has it been confirmed that the crystals only drop in lvl 75 settings?
    Crystals will drop in instanced spaces 50+, (50-65)=Max level 65, (66-75) max level 75
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Loun View Post
    Remember to update your lootrule, so that you can actually roll for the symbol.
    Update it to what setting? What rarity does they count as?
    Mosby, Founder of The Palantíri kinship (Landroval) - LotRO Charts Tumblr - Runes & Translations

As glides in seas the shark, Rides Mosby through green dark. -Melville

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg View Post
    Update it to what setting? What rarity does they count as?
    Common/White currently.
    [u][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEsCKAb7r0"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] [/color][COLOR="Orange"] A fun what-if video I hope brings a smile[/color][COLOR="Red"][/color]

0/15 duo skirms
    0/3 fornost t2
    1/1 Draigoch

Don't stress about the loot rule, they can be traded, just like scales and burnt scrolls ect...

2/8 - RoF T2C
    2/4 - Foundry T2C
    0/1 - Fornost Water T2
    04 - T1 solo skirm
    0/3 - T1 skraids

Got lucky and won two of these.

On a related note - it really is annoying that these are set to common on the loot table. I feel like I have to watch the chat log constantly in pugs to make sure that no one ninjas one. It is kinda ridiculous that something with such a low drop rate is classed as common in the loot table.
    Duruleth - 130 RK, Durindor - 130 Grd, Durabow - 130 Hunter, Durselm - 130 LM, Henckel - 130 Champ, Durbear - 130 Beorning, Dursong - 130 Mins, Durburg - 130 Burg, Durscap - 130 Cpt

Quote Originally Posted by mmdur1 View Post
    2/8 - RoF T2C
    2/4 - Foundry T2C
    0/1 - Fornost Water T2
    04 - T1 solo skirm
    0/3 - T1 skraids

Got lucky and won two of these.

On a related note - it really is annoying that these are set to common on the loot table. I feel like I have to watch the chat log constantly in pugs to make sure that no one ninjas one. It is kinda ridiculous that something with such a low drop rate is classed as common in the loot table.
    At least it's on the known issues list already to be changed to something that requires rolling with standard settings.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000245f06/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Tier 3 solo Dannenglor on first counter-attack on a Pale Trapper LT
    Landroval!
    Fellrotten - Rank 12 Battlemaster LM - Zero Stars. Survivor of the Barrow-Downs. Ivar's Champion. Embarassing Completionist
    Soccercake - 93 Dude Minstrel
    Mulieribus - 93 Dorf Champion
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

I updated my prior response, but just wanted to provide a current running Foundry total of 8/21.

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

n/a
    Last edited by Unisi; Jul 24 2021 at 11:04 AM.

I've seen 1 drop from each of these
    Fornost T1
    SoM Raid T2
    Foundry T2
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21601000009361b/signature.png]Kittyyumyums[/charsig]

I'm the WORST warg on DD

Another update for me.

Now 1/13 on Level 75 T3 Dannenglor, it dropped in final chest.

I'm not much of a poster and I have no axe to grind, but I thought I'd just pass on some info of my experiences from the past couple of days.

Just as the update was coming out I had finished Great River quests on one char, but I wanted to upgrade of of his LIs, so I knew I was gonna hafta grind some skirmishes for greater empowerment scrolls. Good timing, I thought, as I could collect some of those new-fangled star crystals at the same time.

Well, after 50 skirms my net result was ZERO crystals. All skirms were done at lev 75, and the first 25 or so were the quick ones, mostly rift rescue and dannenglor done at tier 1, mixed with a few others just to break the grind monotony. Two optional bosses killed (except that flame guy) on most every one.

After no results I checked the notes and read the chances increased with the size and the tier, so for about the next 15 skirms or so, I ran tier 2 larger skirms, mostly the ones in the Dol Guldur chain. Most bosses killed as well. Nothing.

At this point, seeing as though I really just wanted marks and medallions, I went back to tier 1, doing a mixed bag of alot of skirms. Finally, today, after running nothing but skirms since the update, I finished collecting what I wanted for empowerment scrolls.

Now, according to notes, I should have had chances on 2 optional bosses, end boss and lesser chances on lieutenants. That's 3 per and maybe 4 or 5 lesser chances on each. So, conservatively, I'm 0 for 150 and 0 for 225.

Make what you will out of this, I'll just say that it seems these crystals are not really meant for solo types unless they decide to purchase. Bad luck is bad luck, of course, but 3 or 4 days of play time with NO reward is not enough reinforcement to sustain any behavior, much less provide a fun entertainment for a paying customer.

EDIT: Forgot about that skirm log. Checked it and counted 50 skirms exactly.
    Last edited by JGP; May 18 2012 at 11:22 AM.

Ran a few skirmishes (3?) this morning before work. Did a Thangulhad solo T2, one dropped off a lieutenant (Forest-born Reaver). Probably only done 10 or 12 skirmishes this week so far since the update.

Edit: Yesterday 1 dropped in a T1 Thangulhad duo skirmish off the boss. Had another drop in Assault on Ringwraith's Lair T3 duo from chest. Sorry, haven't been keeping track of out of how many.
    Last edited by SvenNiscadae; May 19 2012 at 10:42 AM.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ ______________________________
    Gentoo [WRD] · Svenrysa [GRD] · Svenwyn [CPT] · Adilae [CHM] · Svenrisa [BRG] · Svengo [HNT]
    Easily Amused · Gladden

1/8 in the new skirmish

I got a crystal in the new skirm (level 75, t2), but for some reason, it was a level 65 max crystal, so I couldn't use it. I hope that's a bug...
    Mosby, Founder of The Palantíri kinship (Landroval) - LotRO Charts Tumblr - Runes & Translations

As glides in seas the shark, Rides Mosby through green dark. -Melville

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast