We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Stuck with Tom Bombadil, please help.

I'm an Elf Hunter and I have just finished Book 1 Chapter 10: Into the Barrow Downs. I was sent there to kill the woman and the crow things, I did that and then went back to Tom. He's meant to show me how to get to Othrongroth but I can't get him to do so. Can anyone help? I went back to the crow women and she is alive again but i can't attack her or get her to attack me. What should I do? According to my quest log i've completed the quest but Tom won't tell/show me how to get to the next bit.

Any help would be great, sorry if its vague, i've not played this long

Lizzie

Re: Stuck with Tom Bombadil, please help.

Sorry, just realised i've put this in the wrong section.

Lizzie

What level is your character? The most common problem here is that you are a level or so too low to get the next part of the quest chain.

Once you have killed the Woman in the Barrow Downs, and spoke to Tom to complete that part.
    Does he have a Gold ring over his head or Silver?

If Silver then you are a level or 2 lower than the quest level

If Gold he should hand you the next part, Othrongroth.
    you need to click twice
    1st click .. he gives you the quest, bit of text that also states that it is an instance quest
    2nd click .. Travel to instance

Once in the Instance, Dont follow Tom. He only tells you that The Great Barrow is ahead, then leaves the instance
    You will meet him, again, further in the Instance
    Core P9 | ROG Crosshair VII Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | 64Gb RAM | RX 5700 XT 8Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 512GB Samsung 960 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 9.8

I'm level 15 and yes the ring is silver above him. Thanks for the advice, sorry to ask another but where can you tell what level you need to be to do quests? I've not played this long, still learning.

Thanks!

The next quest I think is level 20 (but the lorebook lists it as 16 so I don't know). It's the first really brutal solo quest in the game.

Transported by Tom you chase The Witch King and Skorgrim down into the depths of the Great Barrow. It winds up in a fight with the first elite boss of the epic arc Sambrog. The other mobs are pretty easy. Sambrog is HELLA TOUGH. My Guard and Champ nailed it on level but my Mini had to wait till lvl 27 to survive and he had no other problems with any quest arc. Bring all the potions, foods, tomes and class items you can muster.

If you gotta a few levels don't let it bother you because afterwards, the first 90% of Vol 1 ch 2 is also smooth sailing.

Quote Originally Posted by lizziejp22 View Post
    I'm level 15 and yes the ring is silver above him. Thanks for the advice, sorry to ask another but where can you tell what level you need to be to do quests? I've not played this long, still learning.

Thanks!
    There are a lot of quests in the L15-20 range from Adso's Camp and Buckland, both not far from the Old Forest, and some more northwards from the guy in the ruins (I forget his name at the moment..)
    Tarciryan Knights ~ Crickhollow ~ | ~ Landroval ~ Watchers of Elendil
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by lizziejp22 View Post

Thanks!
    You can look the quest up in the Lore Book:
    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Quest...3A_Othrongroth
    It will tell all kinds of useful information. For example, Minimum Level: 16
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Stuck also with Tom Bombadil - Vol 1, Book1, Chapter 12

Hi - I am fairly new player and level 21 but Tom Bombadil does not give me the quest to advance to Chapter 12 of this volume. Wiki says I should be level 21 - what is the reason - he has no ring over his head, whether silver or gold.

Please help?

It has been a long time, but are you sure you're talking to the right Tom?

He can appear inside or outside his home, IIRC, and also in Ostrongoth.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008