We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Problems logging into 75 character

Since update 6 (I think) I've had problems logging into my level 75 character. I don't have any trouble logging into my low level alts, but I have tried about 20 times logging into the 75 character, but all I get from the loading screen is "timeout" and have to quit and restart the client.

Why? It's frustrating, as this is the only character I really care to play.

My laptop is not the quickest, but I usually didn't have problems before update 6.
    My connection speed should also be enough as I used the same connection before update 6.
    Last edited by Brethwyn_EU; May 24 2012 at 10:18 AM.
    Brethwyn Bearsbane of House Breddinga [100-Guardian]
    Hygweard of Rohan, High Protector of Bree-Land and Lord of Emyn Uial
    Children of the Sun - Gilrain

Re: Problems logging into 75 character

I too ran into a very similar problem that became horrible with Update 7, to the point where I get bounced from in game, not just the selection screen. I used to be able to fix it by logging one of my alts first, then my Warden.

However, I wanted to post as I think I may have a work-around - try muting your in-game sounds from the character select screen options menu. I know it sounds weird, but it actually worked for me. There's been reports of a number of audio issues lately, and it appears this might be one of them.

I have no clue if it will help, but as frustrated as I was with this problem I thought I'd share a potential option.

Good luck!
    Anawyne - 85 Warden, Iothelion - 69 Captain, Iothryth - 65 Minstral, Carawaru - 50s Champion
    [URL="http://docholidaymmo.com/"]DocHoliday[/URL] has blogged off/on mainly on Wardens

Smile lost connection

same problem on server Sirannon. if anyone has a solution thank you for helping me.
    Dessole for my english.

4 options to fix it

1. login on the affected character with another pc and move it away from where it is and check again with your main pc. Consensus is, there is a temporary file or setting that the game servers can't see or update
    2. move an alt on your account to the same spot the affected character is at and do a logout/login/logout cycle with the alt, then try the affected.
    3. petition to get it moved
    4. reinstall lotro