We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Tried To Pre-Order But.....

For some reason it does not acknowledge that I already have an account and insists that I start a new one. I have 5 accounts, I don't want another one!

Am I just checking into the wrong page? This is where I was trying to purchase from: http://rohan.lotro.com/pre-order.html

While I will be buying at least 8 sets of RoR between here and Christmas I really don't want any more accounts.

I just want to pick up my main account and my hubby's account first, the rest have to wait til different paydays.
    Last edited by HeyDoMerryDew; Jun 05 2012 at 01:13 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001bd1bc/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Tried To Pre-Order But.....

same here!

"Dont cry - I'll pop a token for you!"
    elen sila lumenn omentielvo

Widoch is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013

I picked mine up through paypal. When it asked me to "create" and account I just used my exact same login and password for everything. After you purchase it they email you a code, you log into your mylotro and apply the code. I think the wording is just wrong, it's not a "new account."

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Widoch again."

Thank you friend.

"Dont cry - I'll pop a token for you!"
    elen sila lumenn omentielvo

It's not asking you to create a new Turbine account. It's simply asking you to create an "account" with the distributor, Digital River, so that they can give you a proper invoice and such. After you buy it, they give you an activation code that can be used on any of your actual Turbine accounts.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001a9bcf/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Yes, as was said, this is referring to a Digital River account, not a Turbine account. Throw in your email and make a password, it won't affect your game account(s) in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Widoch View Post
    I picked mine up through paypal. When it asked me to "create" and account I just used my exact same login and password for everything. After you purchase it they email you a code, you log into your mylotro and apply the code. I think the wording is just wrong, it's not a "new account."
    Er, I really wouldn't have put in my Turbine login and password in on the Digital River site, that's not what they mean.

How long does it take to receive the confirmation email ?
    I pre-ordered two copies from the store but after one hour I'm still waiting for it.
    According to PayPal, the payment have been accepted.

I wonder if I should wait longer or start harassing the store support.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimwerd View Post
    I pre-ordered two copies from the store but after one hour I'm still waiting for it.

The page with my codes loaded right after I paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrodberht View Post
    The page with my codes loaded right after I paid.
    Well... I think I can start complaining.
    Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by Grimwerd View Post

Check your SPAM filter... that is usually where mine turn up.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001bd1bc/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Exclamation Re: Tried To Pre-Order But.....

Thank You to all those who replied!!! ((hugs))!!

The caffeine level of my blood has been low all day... sigh, that always brings the stupid to the front.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyDoMerryDew View Post
    Check your SPAM filter... that is usually where mine turn up.
    Well I think that's a little bit more complicated.

- I have nothing in the Spam box
    - My order is completed in PayPal
    - I can find my order on Turbine Store using the order number. I see the correct item description and quantity but no activation code
    - That same order number is unknown on DigitalRiver's site

Looks weird.

I sent an email to Turbine and DRI support.

Well, you're not the only one. I have not received a mail either in any form or shape. I have the ordernumber, but nowhere is it to be found anywhere on either the LOTRO site or the Digital River site. I would very much like to know how to contact the Turbine support, as I cannot seem to find an e-mail address anywhere.

Edit: Never mind. I already found what I was looking for.
    Last edited by Shariva; Jun 05 2012 at 06:12 AM.

I hope I'll get an answer from Turbine soon.

I tried to contact DigitalRiver support and they replied that they won't do customer service for Turbine Entertainment.

Support guys, I have faith in you.

[Edit]
    Case closed.
    I just received the confirmation email.
    It took 8 hours to be delivered but I got it.
    Last edited by Grimwerd; Jun 05 2012 at 09:08 AM.

Wow, this sounds like just what we went through last year with the Isengard pre-order. Think I'll wait a week or two to pre-order, wait until the rush is over.
    Silverlode refugee

AW: Tried To Pre-Order But.....

Same here, tried 3 different browsers on 2 different PCs, with all of the 3 payment methods. Payment Authorization Failed is all I got. Support call couldn't help, they said I'm the first caller with this problem... Seems like they forgot everything that happened with RoI. :->
    [CENTER][COLOR=White]~
    [/COLOR] [COLOR=White][I]Spaß ist, was du draus machst[/I]
    ~
    [/COLOR] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=White][SIZE=3]Dritter Marschall Adaltir Schleichfuss - Schurke der Hobbits - 75 - R12[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Likewise. I found the wording terribly poor.

Thanks for the tip to ignore the language of the pre-order page and press on. Success.

Cheers,
    Gloimli @ Windfola

Why oh Why can Turbine not figure out a way to make spending money easy....

Here I am again trying to send them money for their silly game and once more I have no product codes nothing.

You need to find a system that works and stick with it. But I know what is going on, some bean counter got a call from someone that told them they would save 0.05 % on the transaction fee so lets use them.

Forget customer service and satisfaction, just anything to save a little cash.

No product code once again. I am sure I will have to wait a good 4 or 5 business days before the Turbine service department even looks at my email. Let me guess, "Due to the normally high numbers of request your ticket will not be addressed for several days."

One thing I liked about Turbine way back in beta days was you could call and someone would actually talk to you and solve problems. Not anymore.
    I wonder what IS behind that waterfall?
    The Player Council knows!

Exclamation AW: Tried To Pre-Order But.....

PROBLEM SOLUTION:

Just finished a call with Digital River, took me about 15 minutes to get a solution. I share my experience, hopefully it might help one or another of you. If you fill out the formular, DO NOT shorten any names, or use a fullstop! There is a problem with the store site, which blocks all formulars with one of these mentioned things. For example, if your last name is Schwarzenegger, don't just fill in an S. or you will get the Payment Authorization Failed error. Can't explain in english what the matter is, but it worked for me just fine.
    [CENTER][COLOR=White]~
    [/COLOR] [COLOR=White][I]Spaß ist, was du draus machst[/I]
    ~
    [/COLOR] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=White][SIZE=3]Dritter Marschall Adaltir Schleichfuss - Schurke der Hobbits - 75 - R12[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Nattfodd View Post
    It's not asking you to create a new Turbine account. It's simply asking you to create an "account" with the distributor, Digital River, so that they can give you a proper invoice and such. After you buy it, they give you an activation code that can be used on any of your actual Turbine accounts.

Thanks for the post. I was thinking the new account was with Turbine as well. Didn't realize Turbine was using a third party.
    Pinkfae, 140 Lore-Master (Rank 10) • Gagamba, Rank 10 Spider

Landroval

Pre-order problem

Hey. I've been trying to pre-order the legendary edition of Riders of Rohan all day long, but I'm still getting an error message: Payment Authorization Failed. I've checked the given information many times so the problem shouldn't be there. I'm using Visa Electron, which shouldn't be problem either since some players that I've been in contact have been able to pre-order with Visa.
    I also tried a different e-mail and currencies but still cant purchase. I haven't had any problems like this before and my card has worked fine on myaccount.turbine.com site when upgrading my account to VIP.

What to do? I really want to pre-order RoR.

Re: Pre-order problem

Call Account Support

Use Skype or Google Voice if calling the US is expensive

Edit: threads got merged, making this comment redundant
    Last edited by Nakiami; Jun 05 2012 at 01:22 PM.
    A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won

2 things I tripped over:

1. It took about 5 minutes for my code for the expansion to be accepted. That is, once I had completed my purchase and I had my code, I went to apply it to the account and at first it would not accept it. About 5 minutes later it accepted it.

2. I bought the discount point bundle. This is redeemed through the in-game store NOT your account. Nearly filled in a ticket over that. Just go into the game, then the store, click the upper left to buy points and then in the lower right to apply a point card.

I am also getting a message: Payment Authorization Failed and actually just made a thread about it. Glad to hear I'm not the only one to suffer from this. Eases the pain a bit

But lets hope it works tomorrow
    Happy hunting

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast