We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can't get furthur in skirmish introduction tutorial ''Defending the prancing pony''

Dear people,

I'm a level 29 hunter and I've been trying to complete the skirmish introduction tutorial since I was level 20.
    At one point I have to buy the soldier warrior trait, in order to continue the skirmish tutorial, but I can't because I don't have enough marks (need 19).

How do I get more marks so I can finish the introduction skirmish?

Re: Can't get furthur in skirmish introduction tutorial ''Defending the prancing pony

Quote Originally Posted by Enthaste View Post
    Dear people,

I'm a level 29 hunter and I've been trying to complete the skirmish introduction tutorial since I was level 20.
    At one point I have to buy the soldier warrior trait, in order to continue the skirmish tutorial, but I can't because I don't have enough marks (need 19).

The soldier warrior trait is available for 0 marks when you're inside the skirmish tutorial.
    Part way through the tutorial the Second Watcher calls out a Trainer and lets you
    buy the trait and it costs 0. Not sure how you got out of the tutorial without buying it,
    though. Anyway, if it's not marked as complete, just run it again and that should do it.

Re: Can't get furthur in skirmish introduction tutorial ''Defending the prancing pony

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentMage View Post
    The soldier warrior trait is available for 0 marks when you're inside the skirmish tutorial.
    Part way through the tutorial the Second Watcher calls out a Trainer and lets you
    buy the trait and it costs 0. Not sure how you got out of the tutorial without buying it,
    though. Anyway, if it's not marked as complete, just run it again and that should do it.
    I can't buy the trait, see for yourself:

I can't buy the trait, see for yourself:

Based on the screenshot, you already have Rank 1 as the NPC is trying to sell you Rank 2.

Have you tried just talking to Tom to see if you can slot the Rank 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Senseo View Post
    Based on the screenshot, you already have Rank 1 as the NPC is trying to sell you Rank 2.

Yes, and then after slotting the trait, summon your soldier with the warrior trait slotted.

Hopefully that will satisfy the quest requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Senseo View Post

What do you mean with ''slot'' ?

Skirmish soldier traits are handled through basically the same interface as the player character's
    virtue/class/race traits (from a Bard). In the Skirmish camp the Captain allows you to change the
    Role and Skills of your soldier, but in that tutorial, the other guy that comes out, Tom, is the guy you
    need to talk to in order to apply the skirmish traits to your soldier. Generally this costs money
    (not marks), but again, I think this will probably cost 0. Give it shot.
    Last edited by ArgentMage; Jun 12 2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Got Tom and Will reversed.

Tom right there acts similarly to the bards that you use to slot traits for your character (class traits, virtues, racial traits, etc), except Tom slots traits for your skirmish soldier. Right click on him and see if he opens a window. If so, you should have the Warrior trait over to the right and can drag it over to the left and "slot" it and then accept. At that point, you should be able to advance the quest.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

thanks guys, had to do the slot thing

Dear people,

I have the same problem. I do have enough marks from another character, so I did spend the 19 with Will. Then I equipped the Warrior as an Attribute with Tom.

The quest does not advance.

Hrifli @ Windfola

So I think the last piece of the puzzle is to actually summon the soldier.

Just want to make sure you tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by BINKLEY1 View Post
    I have the same problem. I do have enough marks from another character, so I did spend the 19 with Will. Then I equipped the Warrior as an Attribute with Tom.

The quest does not advance.

Hrifli @ Windfola
    I have a similar problem, I can not slot the trait when i try the confirm button says unsatisfied prerequisite The Huntsman

I had bought up to a 5th level warrior im not sure if that is the problem but I do not belive it is.

I am having the same trouble with the tutorial quest. "unsatisfied prerequisite: the trapper of foes" comes up in the tool tip when I mouse over the confirm button, which stays greyed out the whole time.

I was having the same problem on my minstrel but I managed to fix it. I swapped to my second trait tree which I hadn't specialized in and it allowed me to slot the warrior trait. I'm unsure as to whether or not the trait tree needs to be unspecialized to correct the issue or not but hopefully this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks247 View Post
    I am having the same trouble with the tutorial quest. "unsatisfied prerequisite: the trapper of foes" comes up in the tool tip when I mouse over the confirm button, which stays greyed out the whole time.
    It seems its an undocumented feature of update 14.

Try resetting you skills tree as was suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrixzia View Post
    It seems its an undocumented feature of update 14.

Try resetting you skills tree as was suggested.
    Hey! I'm having the same problem too! i have enough marks, so i bought it twice because i thought you were supposed to (i realized that that just means it updates the level of training and you're not required to keep buying) but even so, when i go to TOM after i buy it from WILL, i can't slot it and press 'Confirm' because i have this 'unfulfilled' pre-requisite and i don't know how to fix it.
    i'm pretty bummed--this is the first time i'm every trying out skirmishes and i can't progress of course until i complete the tutorial. i hope this is something i can fix/something that will be fixed soon...
    if anyone has any solutions i would LOVE to hear!!

I am also having trouble training and slotting my skirmish soldier's skills. I can not slot any skills with the minstrel because the "confirm" button is greyed out and states "Unsatisfied requirement {which ever trait tree I've activated}" No matter which trait tree I'm on it doesn't go away and I've even tried re-appointing my trait points to see if it goes away with no luck. I've had to quit the instance "in defense of the Prancing Pony" because I could NOT progress past the "train your soldier" step. Please fix this bug.

1. Open the trait tree panel.

2. Click re-spec to empty the skill tree that you are currently on.

3. Close the trait tree panel without assigning any points.

4. You should now be able to slot and submit the soldier trait.

5. Summon the soldier to move the quest along.

At this point you have a couple of choices, if you want you can then re-open the trait panel and re-assign the points for your trait spec, or you can finish the tutorial using just your base skills so that you can respec later after applying the rewards from the tutorial quest rewards.

Apparently, a bug was introduced which unless you have completed the mounted combat tutorial around lvl 75ish (I know, it's wierd) prevents you from submitting any skirmish soldier skill slotting changes while in an active trait spec. Hopefully there will be a fix for this with the 14.1 update sometime later this month.
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

I'd like to thank those who offered suggestions here. I too was unable to "confirm" the slotting of the warrior trait although I had enough marks etc. A few days ago I opened an in-game ticket which was responded to and promptly closed, but the instructions didn't help, so I opened another ticket, referencing the other ticket # and asking for more help, and there has been no response.

After checking this forum I just completed Defence of the Prancing Pony on one of my characters. I had tried on a total of 4 so far and only 1 had completed it, and now that I understand what's going on I realize that character is a new toon for whom I haven't yet built a trait tree. All the others were higher level older toons (I just started playing again after a several year hiatus) who already had trait trees assigned. Those trait trees are clearly the culprit for this bug in confirming the warrior trait purchase.

So I went into my trait tree and selected tree #2 which was blank. At that point I was finally able to hit "confirm" after slotting the warrior trait whereas previously the "confirm" button had been greyed out. Then I continued with the skirmish only to realize that many of my spells/skills were no longer in my toolbars since they weren't equipped due to the trait tree change. The skirmish is easy enough to get through without those skills so I finished.

I had planned to set Skirmishing aside since the problem was aggravating (and sadly Turbine wasn't much help) but decided to reacquaint myself with my level 60 Lore-Master. She had left off from the epic quest series at Vol. II Book 5, Drums in the Deep, so I went on my merry way to Moria to do this and guess what? It's a skirmish and you can't do it unless you've completed the skirmish training!

I am now about to attempt to continue with that quest line using my #1 trait tree with all its spells/skills and am seriously hoping it works. If it does not I will update this post to share more info.

Once again, thank you for your help in sorting this bug out since Turbine clearly is in no hurry to fix it.

Same Issue

I too am also having the problem mentioned above, not being able to click the confirm button after assigning the trait to my soldier. I have followed all the advice here, with changing trait trees, resetting the trait points etc. but to no avail.

Is anybody else having trouble with this still? I would really like to be able to complete skirmishes and have no idea what to do!

Thanks in advance.

I am having the same problem. I have a lore master I am leveling up, and I just started completed the skirmish training mission and now it has me doing the defense of the prancing pony skirmish. I bought the Warrior role from Will Longverge and I then I spoke with Tom Redthistle to equip the role. It lets me slot the Warrior role but the confirm button is greyed out. I tried resetting the trait tree, logged out and back in, exited game, switched my class traits (I had two traits already spec'd) -- all to no avail.

I will log a ticket in game but hopefully this is fixed soon.

I've tried this too on various alts, and have been unable to progress with the Prancing Pony skirm intro quest. Thanks for the suggestion of 'unslotting' or 'unequipping' the specialization trait-tree. I will try it.

I should add that on a lvl-30-something which was well past the skirm intro quests, I was having a similar issue in simply trying to change traits at the skirm trait trainer. The same deal: Confirm button greyed out, with a message, 'Prerequisites not met: <insert spec name here>.' I assume I can save the spec tree, then cancel out of it, do the trait updating with the trainer...

Similar issue

Im having a similar issue, I was told to buy the warrior trait, I bought it to the third rank, then I went to talk to the other NPC to have the trait equipped and it WILL NOT let me. WTH?
    Here is a link of the screenshot http://imgur.com/s4aCjza
    Last edited by jermjerm11; Jul 25 2014 at 02:24 AM.

I have found the answer

I have found the answer to the problem.

Basically goto your traits and then cancel on it. Try to confirm the warrior again and you should find that the confirm button is no longer grayed out

Churion

Monday, June 28, 2014 we get an update to the game software that should resolve this issue.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast