We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Monday, June 28, 2014 we get an update to the game software that should resolve this issue.
    Good to hear. But until then you can get around this problem by doing this:

Open your character's Traits window. Switch to trait tab 2 if you are on 1, or 1 if you are on 2. Confirm the switch. Now talk to Tom and you can slot your warrior and confirm it. Then switch your character's trait tab back to what it was.
    Quit yelling at the echo to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Monday, June 28, 2014 we get an update to the game software that should resolve this issue.
    Not seeing this is the patch notes, any confirmation?
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

Quote Originally Posted by Elflord410 View Post
    1. Open the trait tree panel.

2. Click re-spec to empty the skill tree that you are currently on.

3. Close the trait tree panel without assigning any points.

4. You should now be able to slot and submit the soldier trait.

5. Summon the soldier to move the quest along.

At this point you have a couple of choices, if you want you can then re-open the trait panel and re-assign the points for your trait spec, or you can finish the tutorial using just your base skills so that you can respec later after applying the rewards from the tutorial quest rewards.

Apparently, a bug was introduced which unless you have completed the mounted combat tutorial around lvl 75ish (I know, it's wierd) prevents you from submitting any skirmish soldier skill slotting changes while in an active trait spec. Hopefully there will be a fix for this with the 14.1 update sometime later this month.

Just to confirm this DID WORK. Thanks all. Now I can continue

Cool Misery loves company

Glad to see I'm not the only one who over-purchased the role trait. I bought up to rank 4... Will try the trait tree fix, as noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_Boggs View Post
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who over-purchased the role trait. I bought up to rank 4... Will try the trait tree fix, as noted.
    Clicking respec didn't work until I then switched tabs. Could just be the way my 'puter works... But, since I purchased a rank 4, I still had to use this fix after leaving the tutorial, when applying the traits won in the tutorial. This will probably have to be done until I get to the level at which I can complete "The Hunter."

Different problem on same tutorial

I went to do the tutorial (as a refresh I already have a warrior) and it wants me to slot the trait but when I do when I click confirm it says
    all my companions will be lost (LM level30). Does that mean my bear/lynx/bog thing/raven all of them would be lost? I can't find anything to
    address this, even checked the wiki page. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I've only been playing about a month and at this point I
    would much rather have the companions than a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Isenoe View Post
    I went to do the tutorial (as a refresh I already have a warrior) and it wants me to slot the trait but when I do when I click confirm it says
    all my companions will be lost (LM level30). Does that mean my bear/lynx/bog thing/raven all of them would be lost? I can't find anything to
    address this, even checked the wiki page. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I've only been playing about a month and at this point I
    would much rather have the companions than a warrior.
    No they won't be lost permanently. Just resummon them afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascarian View Post
    No they won't be lost permanently. Just resummon them afterwards.
    Thank you so much!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2