We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    LIke I said earlier Almagnus, you can't say Shield of the Dunedain on a Captain Tank is "over-powered" because of our self-healing while saying it's not on Warden tanks. That just isn't logical.

Warden's self-healing makes the Captain's self-healing look pathetic. There is no comparison, even if you take into account the extra 20% healing from Strength from Within. It's just not even close.

So again - if it's not overpowered on a Warden tank, it's deffinitely not overpowered on a Captain tank either.
    As for SotD I don't think that it should be castable on self, but rather make that capstone cause SotD to affect both the cappy and it's target aswell.

This would enforce the cappy to use that skill on other instead of being selfish, that same issue happened with wow's pally Lay on hands and bubble and they came to enforce a way for the pally to use LoH on other instead of self.

I think Cappy are meant to be support class and no matter your trait-line spec your main role should remain....
    so allowing SotD on self would just make it a selfish panic button, while making that with LoM capstone(so only for tanking spec) the cappy would get the same benefits of SotD that the target get.

Also I would like to see Defiance to make In Harm's Way get the same benefit of Last Stand...the undefeatability with the tail self heal; and LoM 3 traits bonus set would increase the damage transfer of In Harm's Way to 100%,
    that would focus the LoM support sole into the panic saves and wipe prevention, while HoH would get Power and morale healer, and LtC would be more focussing on DPs run support.

Sidestepping the troll's noise...

Can any guardian or champ tanks out there answer the question:
    Do you have an ability (or abilities) that makes you unkillable for 25 seconds? If so, what are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post

Do you have an ability (or abilities) that makes you unkillable for 25 seconds? If so, what are they?
    I'm not being a "troll"...

You are the one who started this debate with me on this thread. If you don't want to argue with me about something, then don't start the argument with me to begin with (simple as that). But stirring up a debate with me then accussing me of being a "troll" because I defend my position isn't going to cut it.

Nor is pointing out your claim - that Captain's being able to cast Shield of the Dunedain on themselves would be obviously overpowered due to their self-healing - and how that doesn't make any sense to me... isn't "trolling" either.

It's simply realizing the fact that you can't logically say Shield of the Dunedain isn't overpowered when put on Warden tanks (who far far surprass Captains in self-healing capability) - then on that very same basis turn around and say it's OP for Captains to have it because of our self-healing. That just doens't add up. And pointing out fallacies in your logic is not "trolling".

Let me explain to you what a troll is Almagus, so we can be clear about this:

"Someone who uses inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages."

Nothing I have written in this debate with you currently has been "inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic". I offered a suggestion I would like to see added in the expansion (a self-targetable Shield of the Dunedain). That was perfectly ON TOPIC. Then you challenged what I asked for by saying it would be OP and shoudn't be given to us. And I reasonably responded by aruging why it wasn't OP - and challenged the reasons you gave to try and back up your side of the debate.

So please, learn what the term "troll" means before you call people it. And if you dislike debating with me, simply don't debate with me. Your problem will be solved ^^
    Last edited by Jeremi; Jul 09 2012 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanperson View Post
    As for SotD I don't think that it should be castable on self, but rather make that capstone cause SotD to affect both the cappy and it's target aswell.

This would enforce the cappy to use that skill on other instead of being selfish, that same issue happened with wow's pally Lay on hands and bubble and they came to enforce a way for the pally to use LoH on other instead of self.

I think Cappy are meant to be support class and no matter your trait-line spec your main role should remain....
    so allowing SotD on self would just make it a selfish panic button, while making that with LoM capstone(so only for tanking spec) the cappy would get the same benefits of SotD that the target get.

Also I would like to see Defiance to make In Harm's Way get the same benefit of Last Stand...the undefeatability with the tail self heal; and LoM 3 traits bonus set would increase the damage transfer of In Harm's Way to 100%,
    that would focus the LoM support sole into the panic saves and wipe prevention, while HoH would get Power and morale healer, and LtC would be more focussing on DPs run support.

That's a fair point point, but I don't think allowing us to use it on ourselves would cause us to become selfish with it. I could be wrong - but I don't think that would be the result. But that's a very cool idea you have to give us a trait that allows us to sync the ability between our target and the Captain. I could deffinitely get behind that.

Far as making Defiance increase the damage In Harm's Way redirects to the Captain - I like that idea as well. And it would give LoM more value as a buffer against wipes just like you say. So I like it.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Jul 09 2012 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanperson View Post
    Had it back in Moria - champs abused it with Grand Stairs, and IHW got nerfed.

We will likely never see a 100% IHW again.

6. Jul 09 2012, 04:06 PM

upgrade

i think captains should get access to heavy shields and should get more healing skills espiecially since their are barley any new heals in the coming update

I hope that the range on the IDoME aura gets increased. It's 30 meters right? There was a lot of discussion about this on the forums in the past. Lots of people saying I think it's fine. Lots of people saying it should be a larger range.

In the end I think there's no good reason not to increase the range though. The buff is designed to be a keep-in-place buff for the Captains Fellowship. Before it was changed to an aura, it was a cast every 5 min buff, (which annoyed lots of people), but it was in practice easy to keep the buff up on your whole Fellowship 100% of the time, or close to it. Now that it's an aura people move in and out of range constantly. Nobody seems to notice it that much, or care that much, but it's 75 to each stat that keeps getting lost, and then the morale and power have to regen at in-combat rates. I think it's a fairly significant loss when you consider 75 to each stat for 5 people.

When last I did some testing on IDoME, the range of the buff was less than half the distance from the door to the AH in 21st to the door to the Craft Hall. It's a very short distance, which in practical game terms results in people moving into and out of range continuously, no matter where you situate yourself.

The range on various of our other skills is 50 meters (like Shield-brother skills), and it seems most sensible to make IDoME's radius the same.

If the range was increased to match our other buffs it would simply do it's job as it's meant to = It would apply the buff to our fellowship. That's how it aught to be anyhow.

And I assume IDoME is going to be 85 to each stat once we reach level 85 right. It would be so much appreciated to see this buff have it's radius extended to 50 meters, and not have to worry about this issue anymore.
    History became legend, and legend became myth, and some things that should not have been forgotten were lost...

I can't know for sure (since I wasn't in on the discussions at Turbine) but I think the reason In Harms Way was nerfed from 100% to 50% was primarily because of the 12 tentacle spawn phase of The Watcher fight. Groups had a Cappie in each Fellowship hit IHW, while the Champs went crazy, and the 12 tentacles that had spawned were fairly easy to deal with. (N.B. Lots of groups wiped repeatedly there anyhow).

That was a sad day in LOTRO history : P In Harms Way was sort of the Captain signature skill, and our Class quest was named that too I believe. Instead of making the 12 tentacles in the Watcher negate, or partially negate, the effects of IHW, the skill was nerfed, even though it worked fine, in 99% of the game, and the content was plenty difficult (arguably more difficult than it is now). Sort of like solving a sore foot issue by paving the entire world over with rubber, instead of putting on sneakers : P

Anyhow... water / tears under the bridge.
    History became legend, and legend became myth, and some things that should not have been forgotten were lost...

I'm lazy so I haven't read much of this, I am just writing my opinion. On Warsteeds, we either have mounted heralds, or we can put banners on the back of the steed or something like that. They define us as a captain. Are you a Herald Captain or a Banner Captain. Are you a power captain? A damage captain? Or a healing Captain? We need banners and heralds wherever we go, which is why I like the class. So. Do we get them mounted?

I already made a whole post about suggestion and try to keep it up to date...

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...53#post6236253

There I suggest...

remove tactic legacies and create a legacy that woudl increase the defeat event delay/duration
    so to fix the gating issue.

Also to fix the HoH RC gating, to make that Now for Wrath become a legendary trait in place of Fellowship Brother, and would also make the Rallying Cry skill to now require Battle Hardenned stance instead of a defeat event.
    So HoH cappy would use RC instead of BoE and would still require to get in melee, to heal.

I also moved all the threat orientated modifier from the LoM bonus set into trait instead, and made that:
    3 traits set bonus
    Noble mark +50% threat
    In Harm's Way now transfer 100% of morale damage.

4 traits set bonus
    Shield of the Dunedain now applies the same effect to self as well.

also...
    *Adherent of Elendil
    Also for each target affected by Blade of Elendil, -5 seconds Oathbreaker's Shame cooldown.
    and
    *Tactical Prowess
    increase the duration of Withdrawal, Fighting Withdrawal, Make Haste, Last Stand, In Harm's Way, War-cry, Cry of Vengeance and To Arm by +50%;
    so:
    -Withdrawal & Fighting Withdrawal would last 45 seconds.
    -Make Haste would last 30 seconds, 67.5 seconds with duration legacy max rank;
    -Last Stand would last 22.5 seconds;
    -In Harm's Way would last 30 seconds;
    -Warcry would last 90 seconds;
    -To Arm would last 15 seconds, 30 seconds with duration legacy max rank.
    -Cry of Vengeance would last 30 seconds.
    and for withdrawal improvement...
    *Withdrawal and Fighting Withdrawal will now break free the cappy from Root and slow effect, and make him immune to such effect for the duration, this would prevent the need for cappy need for range weapon (bow).

still those does skill got 5 min CD so....

Warden can get undefeatable+ uber self heal.

Champion Sudden Defense every 30 seconds in glory + True Heroic bubble + invicible + glory exhalted combatant...

Guardian don't have such skills still guardian tank are the toughest class in the game, by default i mean:
    heavy armour + heavy shield + 40% more morale + more critical defense.

warden got bandaids skills that make him undefeatable cause they used to be squishier then guard...medium armour smaller shield...they are now a lil too much imo, but I guess turbine want to make the class attractive since it's a locked one that require new player to pay for it... we often forget that us who already got everything available.

Had it back in Moria - champs abused it with Grand Stairs, and IHW got nerfed.

We will likely never see a 100% IHW again.
    IK that and i'm just suggesting to bring it for those with 3 trait in tank spec... might be even made into the 4 traits instead and swap with SotD self mirror effect in 3 traits...

Again that's is to be determined with ingame testing...beta.

also It was abused in moria along with the Last Stand skill used in combo...

but making that in LoM which is supposed to be a tank line... and as a tank you are supposed to be the main target attacked... using IHW that transfer 100% of damage is mostly a death wish, that's way I modified Defiance trait....

still all that require alot of trait investment to get to it unlike in moria were it was 100% by default...no matter your traits spec.
    Last edited by jeanperson; Aug 15 2012 at 11:30 AM.

Most classes get a "class item" slot that gives them a small advantage, for example the bow for pulls and to lower the effectiveness of kiting. Our class item just moves our stats from terrible to subpar.

Banners, either from herald dps or banner are just an add on that brings our stats within a more tolerable level. They don't provide a special advantage they just keep our stats where they should be anyway.

Take the self equipped banner buffs off the banner and just give it to us straight up. Then the herald dps will actually make a difference, and we will be able to use brother skills while solo without having a ridiculous amount of morale.

Having an oathbreaker herald beside you is one of the coolest things our class can do. Having an oathbreaker at the cost of gimping yourself is not cool.
    Last edited by Armitas; Aug 15 2012 at 12:17 PM.

hi

Jesus Cap really needs some range dmage, dunno maiby bow, or something other than uselless trowing axes, just a taugth

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    Most classes get a "class item" slot that gives them a small advantage, for example the bow for pulls and to lower the effectiveness of kiting. Our class item just moves our stats from terrible to subpar.

Banners, either from herald dps or banner are just an add on that brings our stats within a more tolerable level. They don't provide a special advantage they just keep our stats where they should be anyway.

Take the self equipped banner buffs off the banner and just give it to us straight up. Then the herald dps will actually make a difference, and we will be able to use brother skills while solo without having a ridiculous amount of morale.

Having an oathbreaker herald beside you is one of the coolest things our class can do. Having an oathbreaker at the cost of gimping yourself is not cool.
    So True i like having casper arround and would actually make a difference if we could use Banners and heralds, Lotro neglects cappys in my book.

Not evena class steed in all these years.
    Last edited by carpelho; Aug 15 2012 at 11:34 PM.

1.) remove the 30% slow
    2.) lower mits
    3.) nerf all heals 25%
    4) increased rez cd
    5) Decrease last stand cd to match in harms way, that's just kinda logic. But if this isn't implemented than that's fine with me.

CC

this wish is pretty much only useable in the moors. captains have never been very good at CC, and it should stay that way. however pretty much everything can escape the captain whenever it pleases. my wish is that the cutting attack gets a decrease in CD so that it can "overlap" atm its 20 secs CD and 20 secs duration. but taking the audacity into consideration its ony like 10 secs? either that or making make haste cure slows. cause it doesnt work when ur slowed, unless ofc u have the full moors heal set. so some kind of CC so we can actually finish off those creeps who jumped us.

My wish would be to see those wishlist disappear...

Is it me or its always the same old same old suggestion, and even better, some of the changes that did not please those who asked them and now ask for even more change.

I haven't read the thing but I am sure the bow, Idome, herald changes has been called out.

/grumpy_off..
    Marianna from Windfola, Captain lv115.
    Now on Arkenstone, took a few year off on Gladden.

Quote Originally Posted by MorningStarSE View Post
    My wish would be to see those wishlist disappear...

Some of those past wishes made it to the update. Enjoy the finally updated herald level, and severely needed update to BOE dot, thanks in part to wishing, and expressing that wish where the powers that be can see it.

See below, all brought to you by wishing! Thankfully these wishes did not just "disappear".

Quote Originally Posted by QueenMab View Post
    Ooh, a challenge. How exciting. Where to start?

Give us shared storage. Please give us more shared storage.

Can we have a wardrobe to share cosmetics among our characters? Can we have more wardrobe space?

Give us a sortable vault, give us more categories to sort by, please make it more like the old vault with separate boxes instead of one big mess, please give the boxes tabs, please make the tabs nameable. Please fix it so we can just click to transfer. Please make it so we can drag and drop between vault and shared storage.

Can we have a barter wallet? Can we have more stuff go in the barter wallet, like the anniversary coins?

Six LIs spaces is not enough. Can we have more LI spaces?

Can Minstrel's in warspeech get our glowy hands back? Pretty please?

My vault is full of mounts, can we have a stable or something to keep all our mounts in?

5g for a festival mount is too much!

Ugh, I hate my armor, can we have a cosmetics slot? Can we have more cosmetics slots?

Good grief, remove that awful dread music, if only in Bree!

Please, please revert the Hobbit run animation, the new one is terrible!

Can we please have a vault in Esteldin?

Can we please have more swift travel routes?

Can we please have more stables in the Misty Mountains?

Will someone please look at Everswim and do something about it!!!

Can we please have a better quest line/more quests for the 35-40 range!

Now that launch rush is past, will someone please turn down the respawn rate in Mirkwood?

Captain DPS is awful, please fix this.

Minstrels are the only class without a power regen skill. Please fix this!

Guardians in OP with a shield are too OP! Please fix this.

Why make us run all the way to Bree (Michel Delving/Thorin's Gate/Celondim) starting areas just to get the stable? It's awful trying to get to festival events! Why can't we just automatically get all the starting area stables?

No one is doing Vol. 1 fellowship quests any more. It is impossible to get a group going and to finish the group quests! Please help us!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I'm at home, but I can list quite a few off the top of my head. Mostly because one of the things the community team does is advocate for player suggestions to enter the development cycle.

Mounts 2.0 - Really the whole revamp was based on player feedback but to name just a few of the player requested changes made to the system.:

Interacting with with NPCs while mounting
    Entering a zone without needing to dismount first
    Mounts as a skill instead of inventory item
    Emotes while mounted
    Ability to have crafting tracking skills active while mounted
    Adding the Bree Horse for level 20 players to purchase at a discount and not requiring the level 35 riding skill. (and also dropping the Founder's horse to level 15 to ensure they still had a benefit from the mount).

Shared Storage.

Housing.

Fishing.

User defined chat channels.

Swirft travel boats in Evendim.

Travel routes in the Misty Mountains.

A slew of crafting changes (including the 'make all' button).

The ability to skip the tutorial and new player areas for races you've already leveled out of those areas when making new characters.

A number of raid and instance changes.

Adjustments to the skirmish marks earned as well as increasing coin drops in skirmishes to adjust the cost of repairs.

Most items required for collection quests removed from inventory and placed into other storage.

The quest tracker tool.

Lorebook (and now the forums and my.lotro.com as well) available in game.

Guardian's repair npc summoning ability.

Burglar's Vendor summoning ability.

UI customization.

Saving UI customizations and storing UI profies.

Lowering the level required to equip cosmetic items.

Disabling Desperate Flight in the Ettenmoors.

The entire concept of diminishing returns in the Ettenmoors.

The Rift Skirmish added (from a Community Team Thread).

Unpopular legacies removed from the LI system (Community Team thread).

Legacy Pools (based on players response to most useful and least useful
    Legacies).

2nd and 1st age LI's are not BoA (they were bound during testing On Bullroarer at one point - there's actually a patch note about it somewhere if you research it).

Maxed out Level 60 First and Second ages have a chance to return IXP to be used on Level 61-65 LIS (player suggetion in beta).

Identifying all possible legacies on an LI within the first 30 levels instead of having to wait until the very last reforge at Max level to determine if the LI was 'good' or not.

Changing the levleing XP required to smooth out the leveling curve at various levels.

Scroll of Empowerment.

Scroll of Renewal.

Placing Class quest items on Skirmish vendors.

Autocomplete when sending in game mail.

User notes for friend and ignore lists.

Male Hobbit run animation (because the last one wasn't very popular, this is upcoming)

Several mounts (in fact two were designed by players).

Repeatable crafting instances.

Lowering monster difficulty in some regions.

Lowering induction times on my quest items and crafting nodes. In many cases by 50% or more.

Monster Player emotes.

White Dye.

The dressing room.

Increased stack size on many things (anyone remember crafting mats stacking to 20 instead of 100? Or pots stacking to 10 and not 50?).

Changing the 'welcome back' effect from +25% XP on mob kills to +5% on mob kills and free stable travel.

Adding a buff icon to indicate the 'welcome back' bonuses were in effect.

Again, that's just off the top of my head as I sit here watching the Indy 500 time trials (I blame Paul Tracy for all spelling errors and typos).

Oh and just as a personal aside, the Tell The Community Team threads themselves qualify here. We hadn't used them for months and players began asking why we stopped and if we would ever do them again.

Edit: Someone asked if I play. Yes I do (and have for a long time, even before I started working for Turbine). My entire family does. Between us we have almost every class to 65. I have 2 level 65s (LM and Hunter) and a third (Guardian) I am taking to 65. I actually have every class to at least 20 and several past 30.. I also have 3 creeps (Warg, Black Arrow, Warleader).

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post
    Well, before and just after the game launched, they added the following that weren't originally in the plans (but players lobbied for, heavily) :

Mounts. (Yes, really... it was a suggestion by a player that "horse pants" could shorten development time that allowed this to get in for launch).
    Monster Play. I wasn't an advocate for this, but others were - and Turbine listened.
    Housing. This wasn't on the docket either, but persistent requests from players convinced Turbine to add it shortly after launch.

Later, lots of other stuff players requested made it into the game. Heck, I asked for most of these myself, at one point or other:

Fishing
    Moving all quest items to character data
    Moving mounts to character data
    Keyring
    Barter Wallet
    Monster bits consolidation
    Cosmetic system
    Skinnable UI
    API for customizing the UI
    Shared storage (MoM)
    Soloable instances (MoM)
    Scalable instances (SoM)
    Soloable epic quest line
    Ability to talk to NPCs while mounted
    Etc, etc.
    Last edited by Armitas; Aug 16 2012 at 12:13 PM.

Truthfully, I wouldn't doubt if most of the dev time went towards mounted combat.

That would also explain the fairly minimal changes to each of the classes.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8