We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRSasori View Post
    Always repair an item before selling it. You get more money for it, and you get more than it cost to repair. For example, if you have a sword you would like to sell lets ays it's worth 1s 50c when 100/100 if you try to sell it when it's 90/100 you'll only get 90c for it, but if you repair it, the repair cost would only be something like 20c, so you would end up with an extra 40c if you repair it before selling vs not repairing.

I hope that makes sense. I'm typing this up on my T-mobile... Tiny screen & keyboard =P

-Sasori
    This isnt always the case. I am not sure if it just depends on the item, or if it depends on how damaged it is, but I know that I have had items that were more expensive to repair than they were worth. This seems to actually be usually the case, so I end up just selling everything before I repair, because it isnt worth the hassle to figure out what is worth repairing and what isnt.

might have been said already...

If you attack a tagged mob, you will lower that person's xp.

I'm so excited for this thread!!! Thank You Thank You Thank You!

I just printed out all 13 pages and will read over lunch!

/bow

Quote Originally Posted by elihup View Post
    This isnt always the case. I am not sure if it just depends on the item, or if it depends on how damaged it is, but I know that I have had items that were more expensive to repair than they were worth. This seems to actually be usually the case, so I end up just selling everything before I repair, because it isnt worth the hassle to figure out what is worth repairing and what isnt.
    They addressed this in the last patch by the way. It's really REALLy cheap to repair things now. Used to cost at up to 6 silver to repair something only worth 1. Now it costs 20 copper...

Quote Originally Posted by Slave_to_the_Wheek View Post
    They addressed this in the last patch by the way. It's really REALLy cheap to repair things now. Used to cost at up to 6 silver to repair something only worth 1. Now it costs 20 copper...
    Oh, thanks, I will have to retest my theory I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by rocco81b View Post
    Not purple stuff though. sell those to players.
    Except there still are some purple that are not for crafting
    Hint: read the description usables ones will say they can be used in crafting - others you can still sell to npc vendors.

A lot of lvl 13 and 14 mob trash can make you a pretty coin
    Farming medium leather alone - by the time I collected 100 hides - I had over 100 silver in sellable trash.
    Drudina Lonewaif Minstrel
    Order of the Three Blades - Landroval

Holding down the right and left mouse buttons together will allow you to move, turn and look with only your mouse hand rather than using the keyboard and mouse together.

You can carry multiple harvesting tools - this will allow you to harvest longer without needing to repair.

Is it sad that I have been playing since the first closed beta and I did not know about 50% of the stuff listed here?

Thanks for the information everyone, very handy!

KT
    [LEFT][COLOR=deepskyblue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]**The Dawn of a Legacy! [/FONT][URL="http://lotrolegacy.guildportal.com"][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]http://lotrolegacy.guildportal.com[/FONT][/B][/URL][FONT=Comic Sans MS]**[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    [LEFT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff][COLOR=yellow]KeithTalent[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]:lvl46[/COLOR][COLOR=white]Captain[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]ILoveNori[/COLOR]:[COLOR=#ff8c00]lvl22[/COLOR][COLOR=white]Burglar[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=lime]Gamasennin:lvl17[/COLOR][COLOR=white]LM[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

Re: Unofficial: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by Avon View Post
    Please note that this is a bug and it will be fixed in a future update.

-Avon
    Aw, I thought it may have been an admirer trying to get a widow like me to fall in love

Thanks to:
    Istuilhos
    Thehiredgun
    Arcaines
    Acuoio
    Routman
    Elihup

Your contributions have been updated into the main list above!

And thanks to everyone who has kept this thread active with their support and awesome finds!

-Sindrael

I can't believe I can actually add something to this thread. I read it over lunch.

You don't have to "shift" + right click to bury bodies or search bags actually. I find that right clicking instantly starts the prospecting/searching bar. I just walk up, and right click without selecting it at all.

At least I'm prettty sure of that... I'm still at freaking work though so I can't confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave_to_the_Wheek View Post
    I can't believe I can actually add something to this thread. I read it over lunch.

You don't have to "shift" + right click to bury bodies or search bags actually. I find that right clicking instantly starts the prospecting/searching bar. I just walk up, and right click without selecting it at all.

At least I'm prettty sure of that... I'm still at freaking work though so I can't confirm.
    Let me know if you can confirm, and if so; we'll add it!

Combining two or three elements from the existing list:

F12 to remove UI +
    Ctrl + / to unlock UI +
    Unlocked UI allowing mouselook to rotate around your character without moving the character +
    PrtScr
    -----------

Great looking screenshots from the front or 3/4 view of your character.

This is awesome. Thanks Sindrael, keep up the good work.

I have learned much reading it.. I keep going is that how everyone does things so fast.

Thanks again and many hugsss to you

Quote Originally Posted by data_ferret View Post
    Combining two or three elements from the existing list:

F12 to remove UI +
    Ctrl + / to unlock UI +
    Unlocked UI allowing mouselook to rotate around your character without moving the character +
    PrtScr
    -----------

Great looking screenshots from the front or 3/4 view of your character.
    I think you can do the same by holding down Left Mouse Button+Directional Arrows. I'll check and get back to you!

Edit: Ok, the mouse and directional arrows works as well. I'll add both methods with some separate functionality.

Edit #2: Added your item above Data_Ferret, thanks for the contribution!
    Last edited by sindrael; Apr 24 2007 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elihup View Post
    I've had weapons and armor at 1/50(100 depending on the item) and it's always made more money repairing then selling.

I'm not sure about jewelry, I know they are more expensive to repair than armor and weapons. I usually take them off if I'm going to be farming for cash. I'll have to test them and see if they're worth repairing before selling.

Crafting tools I'm pretty sure were better to repair and sell as well. I'll check that out again after a day of mining

Official: Things I wish I knew Earlier:

I wish I knew that the OS disk I grabbed to reinstall was the wrong one.
    I wish I knew that installing that would wipe out the copy in 'recovery' partition.
    I wish I knew that it also wiped out all my drivers info in that partition.
    I wish I knew that my new pc didn't come with an OS disk.
    I wish I knew that it would take a day to get a 'recovery disk' from HP.

I wish I wasn't sitting here reinstalling the game again

[COLOR=yellow]---[/COLOR] [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B]Poppa[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [I][B][COLOR=magenta]Reaver Rank ~[SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffff00]?[/COLOR][/SIZE] Kills 2985 [/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]---[/COLOR][/B][/I]
    [B][I][COLOR=yellow]~~~[/COLOR] Never Met A Hobbit I Didn't Like[COLOR=yellow] ~~~[/COLOR][/I][/B]
    [B][I][COLOR=yellow]~~~[/COLOR] Equal Opportunity Hobbit Slayer[COLOR=yellow] ~~~[/COLOR][/I][/B]
    [B][I][COLOR=yellow]-------- [/COLOR][/I][SIZE=4][COLOR=cyan]Paladori [/COLOR][/SIZE][I][COLOR=magenta]44 Champion [/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]---------[/COLOR][/I][/B]

wow - tought luck palazius... anyway, thanks to all for this info - mucho helpful!!!

If you don't see many creatures of a specific type in an area you know they should be in, kill everything else so more stuff will respawn. Oh, and pick all the plants too .

(Explanation: Plants are in the same spawn table as creatures, so that Raspberry bush may respawn as a warg if you pluck it! Also, if wargs are 25% of the spawns and are "cherry-picked" out of the landscape, in the next round of spawns they'll only be about 6% - 25% of 25%. So kill everything to get more of what you want).

Khafar

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post
    If you don't see many creatures of a specific type in an area you know they should be in, kill everything else so more stuff will respawn. Oh, and pick all the plants too .

(Explanation: Plants are in the same spawn table as creatures, so that Raspberry bush may respawn as a warg if you pluck it! Also, if wargs are 25% of the spawns and are "cherry-picked" out of the landscape, in the next round of spawns they'll only be about 6% - 25% of 25%. So kill everything to get more of what you want).

Khafar

Added! Thank you Khafar!

I just want to clarify that if Destiny points do not transfer with servers. Lets say you have 1,000 destiny On Windfola. If you make a character on Brandywine you will have 0 Destiny points. Then you can still access your destiny points on Windfola if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Wucash View Post
    I just want to clarify that if Destiny points do not transfer with servers. Lets say you have 1,000 destiny On Windfola. If you make a character on Brandywine you will have 0 Destiny points. Then you can still access your destiny points on Windfola if you wish.
    Updated. Thanks for the sharp eyes!

Great thread.

The Combe Lumber Camp is East of Combe...

Just to answer the most frequently asked question in [Advise] and [OOC]...

Great thread, thanks for all the work and extra effort.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast