We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by KyanMehwulfe View Post
    Temporary Experience Bonus (Destiny Points)

I knew this from very early on but I'll mention it since so many others that I tell about it basically echo, "Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!".

A lot of folks seem to assume the XP bonus bought with DP is just a +X% for Y time duration based on the "temporary" description. However, in reality it's not a buff or any real sort of temporary duration.

What it does is literally buy you "Rested XP". At around Lv15, for just 150 DP (or was it 250 DP), you can buy Rested XP for about 25% of the entire level. As far as I can tell, it lasts forever just like naturally accumulated Rested XP.

A lot of folks seem to avoid it since they think it's a buff that won't be effecient to a quester, but in reality it's very advantageous to anyone since you basically get faster XP at any pace.

So I highly recomend it since it lets you buy a real nice chunk of accelerated Rested XP for a relatively low amount of DP.
    Can you say that again..but in English please? I don't understand any of it. I want to understand too. I honestly do not understand Destiny Points at all. This is my first MMO but I have play RP Console/PC games, so I sort of understand some of it.

It looks like it's really good advice but ...can you help a gal out and explain it like I'm your dumb older sister?

One thing I didn't see in there, can't remember which forum I read this on.

Repair items before selling them. You will get more money from a fully repaired item, more than repairing costs. Right now we are talking the difference of 20c. later on, we will be talking about 50s+

EDIT: Can we also add for all those complaining about having their names changed to *renameme* etc, that they don't even have to contact a GM. They just have to type /rename.
    Last edited by rocco81b; Apr 27 2007 at 05:02 PM.

Some people are like slinkies. Useless, but still entertaining to push down stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave_to_the_Wheek View Post
    Can you say that again..but in English please? I don't understand any of it. I want to understand too. I honestly do not understand Destiny Points at all. This is my first MMO but I have play RP Console/PC games, so I sort of understand some of it.

It looks like it's really good advice but ...can you help a gal out and explain it like I'm your dumb older sister?
    Hi little sis! OK, destiny points are points you earn either by leveling your character, or by playing in monster play! Yes, you get lots and lots of those.

He was talking about the XP bonus you can buy with 250 points. What this does is give a certain amount of extra XP for every creature you kill. It has NO time limit, and goes away when you earn all the XP from creatures that you paid for.

XP is experience points!

Do you want a sucker little sis? Ahh, you are a good sister.

Some people are like slinkies. Useless, but still entertaining to push down stairs.

Yah. Okay. I got that part. It's all the other stuff

" lot of folks seem to assume the XP bonus bought with DP is just a +X% for Y time duration based on the "temporary" description. However, in reality it's not a buff or any real sort of temporary duration.

What it does is literally buy you "Rested XP". At around Lv15, for just 150 DP (or was it 250 DP), you can buy Rested XP for about 25% of the entire level. As far as I can tell, it lasts forever just like naturally accumulated Rested XP."

What's rested XP? Is that the high number on the right side of your green bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Slave_to_the_Wheek View Post
    What's rested XP? Is that the high number on the right side of your green bar?
    Rested XP is the blue part of your XP bar. While you have it, you will get double (as I recall) XP for each mob you kill. This does not apply to quest XP.

Clicking on the ring on your quest log display in your interface will take you to that mission in your quest log.

Mirrordude, Rocco81b and Thorwen,

Thank you for your contributions! Confirmed items have been added to the list above. Appreciate the time!

Loremaster.....

@ 20th , still ... err... needs ... hope.

At 5th level - +5 hope, at 10th + hope .... after 20th I reason to stop reading the boards and into your lifetime account.

A dev to respond to the almost non-exsistant LRM pop. of nim server, well the after level 15th characters.

Open beta a dev mentioned, changes to the class in the first month, .... beeen a few days. when was the last update on the loremaster boards, a month ago 3 1/2 weeks...

Thumbs up Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

This is something that I discovered myself last night

Left clicking on the ring the quest tracker takes you to the entry in the quest log, but right clicking on it brings up a very useful context menu so you can remove the quest from the panel (or remove all), or set your LFF comment. It's very useful!

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    This is something that I discovered myself last night

Left clicking on the ring the quest tracker takes you to the entry in the quest log, but right clicking on it brings up a very useful context menu so you can remove the quest from the panel (or remove all), or set your LFF comment. It's very useful!
    Oo...I didn't know that! I bet that will come in handy...*can't wait to get home and try it*

-Adri
    (¯`'.¸(¯`'.¸(¯`'.¸ Adrianna Silverleaf ¸.'´¯)¸.'´¯)¸.'´¯)
    ~*~Proud Officer of the Safe Havens of Arda ~*~
    (¯`'•.¸Leilanni*Cirlonde*F aile¸.•'´¯)

Please expand on locking items in your inventory using a hot key. i mapped the key to X. I left click and hold on an item then use the hotkey but it doesn't indicate lock I left click and let go use hot key same thing. So how exactly do you select the item to lock it with the hotkey?

You have to select the item itself first. I think for default it is Alt clicking an item. It's name will appear up where your target normally does. Then you can hit your lock button, the lock icon will appear.

You can turn up animation detail under the advanced video options.

I spent my first 15 minutes in Middle Earth wondering my everyone moved like a puppet with half its strings cut before I found that option.
    [SIZE="3"][CENTER][B][COLOR=red]Joslo[/COLOR][/B] - 32 Man Captain[/SIZE] [B][COLOR=red]Anranath[/COLOR][/B] - 12 Man Minstrel [B] |[/B] [B][COLOR=red]Thargin[/COLOR][/B] - 12 Dwarf Guardian [B]|[/B] [B][COLOR=red] Haleo[/COLOR][/B] - 10 Hobbit Burgler
    [COLOR="Yellow"][B]Landroval[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by rocco81b View Post
    EDIT: Can we also add for all those complaining about having their names changed to *renameme* etc, that they don't even have to contact a GM. They just have to type /rename.
    Perhaps I am the only one, but I had a character that got the dreaded "renamemt," and when I tried /rename it told me that I didn't have enough credits to do that, so I *had* to contact a GM to get it changed.

As always, YMMV.

-ceehog

Joslo and Zodiac,

Thank you for your contributions! They have been added to the list!

Re: Unofficial: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by Avon View Post
    Please note that this is a bug and it will be fixed in a future update.

-Avon
    Please don't fix it! Some of us crafters are very broke and need his reduced pricing to stay afloat.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000001579/01008/signature.png]Niewen[/charsig]
    1 Twinfall Path, Celous Glorui

I've had to do this a few times so I thought I'd mention it here.

If you try to interact with a quest NPC and are told "you do not have permission to use that," try killing it to reset it. You cannot do this directly of course, but if you drag a mob into the area the NPC will attack it. If the mob is strong enough it will defeat the NPC. A few minutes later the NPC will respawn, ready to help you on your way.

Unhappy Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

I really wish I understood the forum account/payment account system earlier.... not that Post count should mean that much, but it's a little something I miss, I'm sure many of you would feel the same way. Sadly, Stryker1487 is gone.
    Proud Founder, member of SoA Beta 2 and MoM Beta, Lifetime Subscription holder.
    Stryker, Son of Stall, Knight of Gondor and Guardian of the Free Peoples of Middle Earth!

Spells, such as heals, will land on whomever was targeted when the spell was initiated, not on whom you are targeting when it actually finishes casting and lands. Thus, you can use the Assist function (mapped to "F" by default) to quickly switch from doing DPS or debuffing of a mob to healing the mob's target then back to attacking the mob in just three keystrokes.

For instance, on my Lore Master, I send the bear in to grab aggro, then I can start debuffing and attacking the mob. If I see the bear's health getting too low, I press "F" to target the bear (who the mob was looking at) then fire off my heal, then immediately hit "F" again to target the mob (who the bear was looking at). Since the target for the heal is established when I press the key for the heal, I do not have to wait for the heal to land before going back to targeting the mob. As long as I do not overwrite the heal spell in the queue with another spell before the heal casts, the heal will cast on the bear.

*Note: This works as long as everyone is playing nice and looking at the right targets. :-)

this might be an obvious one but i did not notice it at first . there is a color scheme to let you know the level of mobs. if his name appears in red and you are fighting him alone chances are you wont be winning that one. Every color means something different and I have not got them all memorized.If it is an elite then it's level is less important as even lower level elites have high hp.

Quote Originally Posted by rocco81b View Post

7) yes, you CAN die falling off a large cliff. Don't try it.

->Found this out the hard way. Tried to slide down smooth surfaces from Weathertop last night to save time from running around it. One of the surfaces was just too smooth and steep. Was told I was incapacitated from the fall and sure enough, my poor broken Hobbit body was at the foot of Weathertop.
    ~Currently prancing around in Elendilmir~

Lifetime Subscriber

To clear up emotes a tad bit for all those who are confused.

My in-game character is Zikro

Example: /sit sits down very cautiously
    Displayed: Zikro sits down very cautiously (the sit emote occurs)

Get it?

Example: /roar screams loudly!
    Displayed: Zikro screams loudly! (the roar emote goes off)

Or you can do it without an emote

Example: /e runs away like a coward.
    Displayed: Zikro runs away like a coward. (no emote attached)

I hope that clears it up a bit.

Do not mess around with your numlock button while the loading screen is showing unless you are very sure your character is not near an edge where she could fall off. I noticed once that my numlock button was keyed during the login screen, so I hit it to toggle it off ... and when the login screen faded to bring up my character, she was in the act of bounding right over the wall in Duillond, falling to her death just seconds after I logged in.

Moral of the story: if you mess with the numlock button during the loading screen, you could login to the wonderful view of your character jumping off a cliff.

Voxin and Emz66us68, Thank you for your contributions, they have been added to the list above!

Also wanted to drop a quick thank you to everyone who has also posted supplemental information or clarification.

It's noted and highly appreciated!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast