We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Server wide raid: Killing a Galtrev Training Dummy (12/07/2012, 19.00 UK time)

Hello Eldar!

Let's show the world what we are capable of!
    Make a deed none have ever completed!
    Do something deemed impossible accross all servers!
    We will make the world shudder, and drop their jaws in disbelief!
    On Thursday the 12th of july, at 19.00 UK time we, Eldarians will kill a training dummy in Galtrev!

Why? Because we can! Some attempts at this have been made on other servers, none succeeded (also because they weren't really planned). So join us for the ultimate DPS race!

My plan is to gather - at least- 96 people, spanning over 4 24 man raids.
    Ofcourse, we need as much DPS as we can get. Training dummies reset every 15 seconds, so this is all about BURST DPS for 15 seconds. The more burglars the merrier for the 10% Mark, but any DPS is welcome.

If we exceed the 96 player mark, priority will be given to lvl 75 DPS classes, decently geared. Additional raids will be made to hold the others.

Please sign up on the forums here in this thread or send an ingame mail to Mystion. Note: Which classes you can bring (DPS preferred), and their level.

To make this work, we need to SPREAD THE WORD! Notify your friends and notify your kin! This cannot work unless everyone is in on it!
    If you have a dead moment: Paste this text in global, lff or kinchat:
    'Thursday 12th of july. At 19.00 UK time, we will try and kill a Galtrev Training dummy. Sign up with your DPS character on Eldar forum or send ingame mail to Mystion. spread the word! This will be world first!'

FOR ELDAR!
    Last edited by Mystion_EU; Jul 06 2012 at 05:56 AM.
    [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?468468-Eldar-slays-a-Galtrev-Training-Dummy!]Eldar slays a 3.8 million Training Dummy![/URL]

Questions and Answers:

Q: Is this even possible??
    A: The math:
    Galtrev Training dummy morale: 3.8 million. In a 15 second timeslot is 253K DPS. Divided by 96 people is 2.6K DPS per person.
    Noone goes that high by themselves, but dummies have really low defences. Add in 10 burglar marks (+100% inc damage) and debuffs, and players buffed to the teeth, we can easily shave this down to an 'actual' 1K DPS per person. Which is quite doable for a 15s burst don't you think?

Q: But will the server take this amount of people? Ettens lags like nothing when it's 24 vs 24!
    A:One word: Weatherstock
    While it is true 2 full raids can make ettens lag, there is also many more players in the ettenmoors (unlayered) and NPCs etc lurking about. This gives the server much more strain than 'just' the 24vs24.

Q: Haven't you heard of layering? You can get as many as you want but they will not DPS the same dummy!
    A:We can trick this by having the 4-5 raid leaders in a (very) low populated layer before we actually start. Then pop raid invites and have everyone travel to the layer the raid leaders are in.

Q: What about the trolls? One person can easily ruin your attempts by screwing over the coordination
    A: While this is no waterproof solution: All the raid leaders will be people I trust, and will be coordinated by voicechat. Trolls can still disrupt us, but just think about it: How much more trolling potential can you get out of 'Being part of the ONLY server to EVER take a Galtrev training dummy down EVER?'

Q: You will never get enough people together for this
    A: This is not really a question. But I think we can. If I can find 10+ people within a minute on global in the dead of night, we can get 96 together in a week. WE NEED YOU! Would you have us fail because of being 2 persons short? JOIN US instead of saying it can't be done and together we achieve the impossible!

Q: Myst, are you crazy?
    A: If it wasn't clear by now.. Yes. Most definately. If CRAZY AWESOME is what you mean!

Q: Will we break the server?
    A: Possibly. Noone knows for sure yet. Let's find out! If we do break it I think we will have a world record in most crazy way to break the server. Turbine: You are warned for what is coming!
    Last edited by Mystion_EU; Jul 06 2012 at 05:54 AM.
    [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?468468-Eldar-slays-a-Galtrev-Training-Dummy!]Eldar slays a 3.8 million Training Dummy![/URL]

Participant list:
    (note: many more have offered help, but are not officially confirmed yet)
    Please note: you HAVE to sign up here or with an ingame mail. If your attendance is tentative, please note so. I will write you down anyway so your name is documented.
    1. Mystion (LM or Captain 75, raidgear)
    2. Mysterandir (RK 75)
    3. Jevyan (RK or Champ 75)
    4. Ghostshark (Champ or RK 75)
    5. Alarnia (Champ 75)
    6. Armithelion (Burglar 75)
    7. Scottavo (Champion 75)
    8. Botlike (Captain 75)
    9. Ellemere (Champion 75)
    10. Andilos (Hunter or RK 75)
    11. Elianar (Hunter 75)
    12. Thecreepkilla (Warden 75)
    13. Minsdeyna (Burglar or Hunter 75)
    14. Eklabond (Hunter 75)
    15. Kyrinda (RK or Burglar 75)
    16. Miradell (Hunter 75)
    17. Fagen
    18. Gomar (Burg 75)
    19. Njallzenegger (Champ 75)
    20. Asivil (Hunter 75)
    21. Blacksensi (Champ 75)
    22. Minstreli (Champ, RK, LM, Burg 75)
    23. Beothryd (Capt 75)
    24. Burzdolion (Hunter 75)
    25. Thornwerd (Hunter 75)
    26. Scurry (Burglar 75)
    27. Hemtee
    28. Gilora
    29. Benjy
    30. Potato
    31. Eledwen
    32. Geruza (Burglar 75)
    33. Druburg (Burglar 75)
    34. Alkapone (Burglar 75)
    35. Raydenziggy (Hunter, Burglar 75)
    36. Huorian (Burglar 75)
    37. Saek (Burglar 75)
    ... TBA
    Last edited by Mystion_EU; Jul 11 2012 at 07:39 PM.

[SIZE=2][FONT=arial][SIZE=2]Neen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B][EU][/B][/SIZE] Eldar
    [URL="http://themellowship.com"][COLOR=#ffff00]The Mellowship[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE]

Me Me Me pick me! I'm in mate

Quote Originally Posted by Neen_Eldar View Post
    If you had bothered to read it all, you would see that it is, in fact, NOT simple but entirely possible, given that we can gather enough people.
    Speaking about people, too scared to give it a try? They don't hit back that hard, I promise.

[SIZE=2][FONT=arial][SIZE=2]Neen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B][EU][/B][/SIZE] Eldar
    [URL="http://themellowship.com"][COLOR=#ffff00]The Mellowship[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE]

8. Jul 07 2012, 12:09 PM

FINALLY A WORTHY EVENT!!!!!!!!

Count me in FOR sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Captain !!!!!!!!!!!

sign me up Mystion
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

im there.. ill bring RK or champ
    Second Marshal Jevyan of Eldar
    : Mini LM RK Capt Champ Hunt Burg Guard Beorn R7: WL Def. Player from the beginning in 2007
    I can heal lots but I can't heal stupid

Sign me in,
    Elianar, 75 hunt 26k mastery 10.5k crit unbuffed

Sign me up Mysti

hahaha i love this!

so up for it dude!
    sign me up (Y)

-- First rank 12 warden on server -- [EN] ELdar (gone but we remain)

Count me in.

Risen - Eldar

I wish..

I wish I were on this server for this. That is such as awesome idea. Best of luck. Be sure to take vid/screenies and post, no matter what the results. That ammount of people on one target...fantastic.

Spitting my Dummy out !

Sign me up please Blacksensi Champ ... We may be able to bring a good chunk of Defenders with us .. I'll update you ingame with numbers. We have added the event to our Raid Planner.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksensi View Post
    Sign me up please Blacksensi Champ ... We may be able to bring a good chunk of Defenders with us .. I'll update you ingame with numbers. We have added the event to our Raid Planner.
    Thank you! If a couple of other kins follow your example we'll have the numbers together in no time!

I remember when we spoke about this on globallff. This is an Eldar-worth event. No "hobbit-pie horsey run" for us!

After the update is done, I'll post it in our Kinship MOTD : The Dutch Peacekeepers will have some extra dps and I'll try to get my lvl71 burg upto lvl75 by that time ; Else I'll come on champ, RK or LM

This is possibily the most pointless and silly event ever, I'm in sign me up Myst!!!
    Council of Light

Just a quick update: all names added to this point.
    Feel free to notify kin or friends, you can update any who sign up in this thread yourself (maybe make a new post).

Aye - put me down on the list (:

Burzdolion - 75 hunter
    Burzdolion of Eldar
    Dogs Of War

Count me in

Thornwerd 75 Hunter

Let's do this
    ~ Burglar - Evernight ~

Server Wide Raid: Killing a Galtrev Training Dummy

From The Defenders side you can count with the following "killers":

Hemtee
    Gilora
    Benjy
    Blacksensi
    Potato
    Eledwen

All lvl 75 with multiple alts and geared.
    Will keep you posted as others will sign up.

Count me in

Hey i am Drulan from Spartans and i'm in for this raid because it looks like fun :P You can count me in with my burglar that his name is Druburg. I don't think you need my guard for this kind of raid hehehehehe
    Last edited by drulan; Jul 10 2012 at 09:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast