We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: A Double Agent

A Double Agent

Lately, while scanning the chat servers like the loser the I am, I've found out that someone is relaying information to both the Freeps and the Creeps. Of course, this basically is the same thing as Pay to Win, like buying trackers and all that. I don't know who it is, however, it does kind of irritate me that someone would do that. I was in a group yesterday and we were in the most remote of areas that no one would ever think to find a creep. Just as we were getting ready to fight a boss, a large group of Freeps attacked, and all the action was at either EC or GV. Any information regarding this(these) person(s) would be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by legit-italian; Jul 06 2012 at 09:21 AM.

Hate to tell you my man, but this has been happening ever since this game came out, and it will continue to happen. There are spies like this on every server, its part of the game. And about the fact that you got killed in a remote area, could have been a spy, or it could have just been a group of Freeps that wanted to get away from the constant EC &&&& that is all that happens now a a days. I was actually happy to read this thread and hear that there was finally freeps and creeps in a fight in a "remote" area of the map.
    [SIZE=3][FONT=fixedsys][COLOR=#FF0000]Aldamire**Captain Of The Company**Rank 8 Pre MoM(Retired)
    Killerpup**Warg of Legion**Rank 8 Pre MoM(Now Rank 9/Retired)

[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

ive done it and applaud anyone with the common sense to use all available resources to earn victory.
    Connomir: Warden of Firefoots Best, Resurrection.
    95s on Farmfoot: Ramapo - Vendortrash
    Farmpaws and Thorvion forever 15, thank turbine.
    A Proud Member of the Forgotten 10%

Never say anything in OOC that you don't want freeps to know... assume they are reading it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620501000004cc5f/signature.png]Qillyu[/charsig]

At the end of the day it is a PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER zone and if you get upset that you got merked by other players then you're clearly doing it wrong.

Thumbs up

It's stupid that freeps need to cheat by spying in order to find creeps to kill. Creeps should not be able to communicate with Freeps and vice/versa.

Freeps and creeps can't communicate in game at all. Unless you can read body language. Or morse code. The way that seems to be the easiest way to relay info would be through vent.

Nothing short of a viable use of the resources at hand. Unless I'm missing the "rules of proper war-time etiquette"...

Lassiecanbiteme.

That is all.
    [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#999999][SIZE=1]Revelations Kin of Firefoot[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]
    R9 Captain | R9 Champ | R9 LM[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#800000]R9 Reaver | R8 Warg[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

People only watch the opposite sides ooc for the "lols"

Or at least that the excuse that's always given.

Quote Originally Posted by endlessroad View Post
    People only watch the opposite sides ooc for the "lols"

Or at least that the excuse that's always given.
    What does lassy say about it?
    [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#999999][SIZE=1]Revelations Kin of Firefoot[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]
    R9 Captain | R9 Champ | R9 LM[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#800000]R9 Reaver | R8 Warg[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Ozthorn View Post
    Never say anything in OOC that you don't want freeps to know... assume they are reading it.
    This. It's irritating, and low, but they do it. Whether it's in vent or sitting next to someone playing the other side, it happens.

My son, who plays next to me, unwittingly "spied" the other day, bringing his champ out to meet my warg and brought some freeps along who followed him. Didn't mean to, but it happened. Told him if he was going to play the opposite side there was going to be a barrier between our comps so he couldn't spy, which made him flip back over to creepside.so he chose to flip back over to creepside.

But yeah, it happens, always has, and has to be assumed that it is happening at any given point.
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

Dont forget... it CAN always be used to your advantage... to send someone to the wrong side of the map as to where your going... or move them into a trap... just sayin..!

Creep/freep spies are a great thing!!

How else an I going to talk trash to creeps in game.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

You are all cordially invited to the worlds largest Ettenmoors battle, which will take place July 17th on the server Belegaer.
    Meet-up is at 7:30 pm (Central European time) in Gramsfoot. The monster tribe “die Boehsen Orkze” is looking forward to a large number of participants.
    In case of questions, please visit the Orkze forum: http://boehseorkze.forumprofi.de/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by legit-italian View Post
    Lately, while scanning the chat servers like the loser the I am, I've found out that someone is relaying information to both the Freeps and the Creeps. Of course, this basically is the same thing as Pay to Win, like buying trackers and all that. I don't know who it is, however, it does kind of irritate me that someone would do that. I was in a group yesterday and we were in the most remote of areas that no one would ever think to find a creep. Just as we were getting ready to fight a boss, a large group of Freeps attacked, and all the action was at either EC or GV. Any information regarding this(these) person(s) would be very much appreciated.
    While it is true that people sometimes spy on the other side's chat, I'd like to know what evidence you think you have? You said "while scanning chat servers [...] I've found out that someone is relaying information to both the Freeps and the Creeps."

How exactly did you find this? If you did find out, it seems odd to me you don't know who it is. Personally I know of no way for a player to be able to track chat information or really be certain of this in any way.

Given that, it seems most likely that your 'evidence' was that someone announced you were going to be in a place on the map, and then you were attacked. I hate to say it, but how does that even come close to proof? There are NO places on the map that are remote, or that I would never go to find a creep. The map simply isn't that large. Any objective could have someone questing or just roaming or had logged out there etc. Did you give any thought to the idea that perhaps you were seen by one person, who then told his ooc thus summoning a group of freeps? Seems to me as if someone died in PvP and is sad.

TL;DR You might be right but flinging groundless accusations on the forums is pointless and petty.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000012087b/01008/signature.png]Artefis[/charsig]

Moria Gear FTW!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000013755e/signature.png]Rumpleteaser[/charsig]

PvMP spying = Winning