We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LotRO client crashing when accepting trade

As the title says, it happened a few times now that I'd trade with someone and as soon as I hit the 'accept' button, my game would crash. Coming back to the game I'd notice the trade was succesful, the items did transfer, but it's still highly annoying to just vanish like that - especially when a stranger randomly decided to be kind and give lowbie me some potions. It's just rude.

So far it happened around 3-4 times, most of the times in Bree but once in Michel Delving. It happened on more than just one character. It doesn't happen with every single trade, although I'm starting to suspect that the two times I didn't crash were based on luck rather than something else.

I've been googling and looking around here, but I could only find one other mention of this issue: someone who posted on these forums in the Monster Play section 5 days ago, because it happened to them while playing on their Creep.

I hope someone can figure this out. It's getting a bit bothersome to go *poof*, relaunch the game anxiously and impatiently, and then have to apologise profusely to whoever I left hanging.

My bf used to have the same problem, though he hasn't been playing for the last few weeks, so I don't know if the issue's still there for him. It didn't really seem to be related to a location (he's even crashed in the middle of RoF when trading with me xD), or even a single person, cause I wasn't the only one trading with whom made him crash. I have no idea what could be causing that, we eventually decided to mail everything needed, or cross our fingers and hope when mailing wasn't an option.
    [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?285644-A-very-dumb-and-silly-suggestion.]Best way to balance Lotro PvP.[/url]

Same problem here. Almost everytime too. No matter where I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandee View Post
    As the title says, it happened a few times now that I'd trade with someone and as soon as I hit the 'accept' button, my game would crash. Coming back to the game I'd notice the trade was succesful, the items did transfer, but it's still highly annoying to just vanish like that - especially when a stranger randomly decided to be kind and give lowbie me some potions. It's just rude.

So far it happened around 3-4 times, most of the times in Bree but once in Michel Delving. It happened on more than just one character. It doesn't happen with every single trade, although I'm starting to suspect that the two times I didn't crash were based on luck rather than something else.

I've been googling and looking around here, but I could only find one other mention of this issue: someone who posted on these forums in the Monster Play section 5 days ago, because it happened to them while playing on their Creep.

I hope someone can figure this out. It's getting a bit bothersome to go *poof*, relaunch the game anxiously and impatiently, and then have to apologise profusely to whoever I left hanging.

About 4 out of 5 times the game crashes when trading. Really big problem during items exchange in a fellowship.
    Like healing pots etc, before a fight, we have to wait and even worse, when i crash, i get spawned at the front of the instance.

I had it in Forges, running all the way down is like a 5 mins walk, grrrrrr. In carn i popped on the same place gladly.

Please remedy this problem.

Two year necro? ;p

Test LOTRO with a clean boot and let us know if it still happens.

If it doesn't, look for anything that has recently updated, even a Microsoft kb.
    Also, check for things which need updating.

Years ago when Isengard came out, this happened with a kinmate, he'd crash with any trade. A few levels later, the behavior stopped.

When my light armor class got to similar levels (years later now), it's reversed, folks I trade with crash, but I don't. If folks initiate the trade with me, things are OK. However now my character is 76ish and it still happens. Other alts, no problem.

I expect there's some conflict with some other item which'll never get tracked down. Simply mail stuff instead of direct trading.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Anybody know the cause of that? It started to happen with me too. Game crashes when I trade, not in every trade, only sometimes.

Try changing the line userdefinedport= in the userpreferences.ini file to equal some value between 9000 and 9013.

If you have another computer playing LOTRO at the same time through the same router, you will have to use a different value for it.

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    Two year necro? ;p

Test LOTRO with a clean boot and let us know if it still happens.

If it doesn't, look for anything that has recently updated, even a Microsoft kb.
    Also, check for things which need updating.
    I know this is an old thread, but its crashing for me, Clean Boot had no effect

'Try changing the line userdefinedport= in the userpreferences.ini file to equal some value between 9000 and 9013' I have two brothers that also play Lotro via the same router, what value shold I try?

My former character is now 100, and no longer suffers from this issue. I've almost never played along with anyone else on the same connection, so dubious such would affect anything.

However a friend's Champ now has this happen to him, he has no other players in his residence.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnen View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but its crashing for me, Clean Boot had no effect

'Try changing the line userdefinedport= in the userpreferences.ini file to equal some value between 9000 and 9013' I have two brothers that also play Lotro via the same router, what value shold I try?
    Each person should choose a different value.. maybe something like 9001 for you and 9005 for one of them and 9008 for the last.

edit for wrong name: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ated-8-12-2010
    "Does more than one PC connect to the game at the same time?
    With two computers connecting at the same time they could be "stepping" on each others connections somewhat. Open the userpreferences.ini file, which is kept in the "My Documents" (XP) or "Documents" (Vista) > "The Lord of the Rings Online" folder and in that file under the [Net] section find the "
    UserSpecifiedPort" option and set it to 9000 (eg. UserSpecifiedPort=9000) on computer "A" and on computer "B" change it to 9007 (eg. UserSpecifiedPort=9007). Be sure to save the changes you make before launching Lotro to test.

(Also in cases of two PC's connecting you might need to configure port "triggering" on your router, it's essentially the same as port forwarding but less "specific" it just opens ports in a range you specify anytime a request comes in or goes out on one of those ports)"

Last edited by EmyrSelyf; Oct 27 2015 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    Each person should choose a different value.. maybe something like 9001 for you and 9005 for one of them and 9008 for the last.

edit for wrong name: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ated-8-12-2010
    "Does more than one PC connect to the game at the same time?
    With two computers connecting at the same time they could be "stepping" on each others connections somewhat. Open the userpreferences.ini file, which is kept in the "My Documents" (XP) or "Documents" (Vista) > "The Lord of the Rings Online" folder and in that file under the [Net] section find the "
    UserSpecifiedPort" option and set it to 9000 (eg. UserSpecifiedPort=9000) on computer "A" and on computer "B" change it to 9007 (eg. UserSpecifiedPort=9007). Be sure to save the changes you make before launching Lotro to test.

(Also in cases of two PC's connecting you might need to configure port "triggering" on your router, it's essentially the same as port forwarding but less "specific" it just opens ports in a range you specify anytime a request comes in or goes out on one of those ports)"

could it have anything to do with a video driver?