We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So, the future changes.

After reading the new dev diary on the moors, im curious as to what you other Nimrod's are thinking about it. I think they do have the right idea with the Keep/op/delving but being on this server for the time I have, and knowing that its red 75+% of the time. Just leads me to think it may be the final blow of what little pvp we do have on this small server.

Ah well, only time will tell. Who knows, it may change everything and all turn out well, but whooo knows.

Its interesting changes, mb reason to back play on freep side
    Ukitake! Off peak! http://offpeak.webs.com/

All I can say is I hope you all have fun with it, no way I'm grinding 84k comms on spider and warg after already grinding 78k comms, and they are making comms harder to come by? GW2 can't launch soon enough.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

well

From what I understood. The side that dominates the map becomes even more dominant, which results as a complete discouragement of an already discouraged system toward outnumbered opponents. Promoting more PvE, more grind, nothing new in terms of mechanics, I can see getting bored of it really fast, because there is still no core incentive to play. Oh and if the warg update goes through with 3 min sprint/disapp. - LOLLLLLLLL!!!! I tried to be optimistic and see the light in this "shake up" update, but it seems the people behind this have no effing clue what they are doing. LETSSS SHAKE UP IT and SEEEEEEE WHAT HAPPENS! Worth $65 or w/e - hell no. For that money IMO, buy yourself GW2, almost grind free and jump into action any time you like. Win.

P.s. Someone posted a picture of a horse and a carrot in the Etten update thread, that's exactly what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    All I can say is I hope you all have fun with it, no way I'm grinding 84k comms on spider and warg after already grinding 78k comms, and they are making comms harder to come by? GW2 can't launch soon enough.
    I actually think comms will be very very easy to get come RoR. With the bonus they are giving, neary double than it is now per kill. And the PvE bonus from w/e they are doing, I can see kills bringing in 120+ comms commonly per kill. Lowering the first 1-7 aud to 1500 comms in nice too, and its only going up to 13 aud, with the possibly +1 extra from the delving bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by CashCow View Post
    From what I understood. The side that dominates the map becomes even more dominant, which results as a complete discouragement of an already discouraged system toward outnumbered opponents. Promoting more PvE, more grind
    This is what has me worried too lol. I can already see it now, the battles for OP's for the extra mastery % will be endless. I do however like the idea that you must have all the guys in the tyrant rooms dead now to flip it, bye bye ninjas.
    Last edited by johnnyskywalker; Jul 20 2012 at 01:14 PM.

Same banal garbage we've been fed for years with no mention of anything halfway interesting. Good luck to whoever stays, I'm sure the product is meant for you anyways.
    Ranked 13th world-wide, Champion.

I do not know how many of you were around MoM release but everything did not work as the debs wanted it to. I see RoR the end of PvP. As for what spidey said about comms Im already losing interest in the game. I still have not got all the comms I need to enjoy the game. If RoR does not work out to the better I will never buy another turbine game again as it seem like they are lost what PvP is. I do not even think the debs play the game

Quote Originally Posted by Nisroc00 View Post
    debs
    My favorite is Swiss cake rolls.
    Yohindernoobs
    Shinynailz
    Youradhere
    Zrod

9. Jul 21 2012, 01:37 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Phenylcyclinide View Post
    Same banal garbage we've been fed for years with no mention of anything halfway interesting. Good luck to whoever stays, I'm sure the product is meant for you anyways.
    Isnt your brother a Dev? o.O
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

Toqjr seems to haz lost his bowels. That is all.
    Last edited by johnnyskywalker; Jul 21 2012 at 02:06 AM.

You crazy toq
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/62FAd4l.jpg[/IMG] ~~~ ©_© ~~~ [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BmUTNGJ.jpg[/IMG]

Just reading dev tracker, happy to see rolling a troll will only cost 500 comms, and you will be able to group while playing it finally, wohooo. WTB defilers/wl's for troll raid lol

Exchanging ur Current PvP gear for the better version - at 10% back rate. That is wrong IMO. In the past we were allowed to trade old for new stuff. To be fair the current Aud for creeps should be multiplied by 2 and be done with it.

I just do not like the Grind Fest coming ....

This means that in the beginning there will be an awkward time frame before all freeps get their New Gear Since you will be forced to use 75 lv gear with Aud till u get the Commedations for the 85lv one - and this will take a while even if u bank 10K comm at the start - that is good for 2 pieces u need to grind 4 more.

ToQ vs 75 lv light armorers ... pffff. ))) Freeeee Killlzzzzzzzz

Wargs: 2/3 mins CD on Sprint and Dissapear - that is just ridiculous (i do have a warg) that seems soooooo easy ...

PS: Tackmeat re joys somewhere in the world :P
    Last edited by Sellene; Jul 21 2012 at 10:24 PM.
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/911993610lotro_lotro18.png[/img][/url]

They can change whatever they want, it's the players that make it good. And the players here, on this server, could and would make even the best system suck.

Oh, and, on-the-move Steadfast Barrage.. REALLY? ./facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Pansa View Post
    They can change whatever they want, it's the players that make it good. And the players here, on this server, could and would make even the best system suck.

Oh, and, on-the-move Steadfast Barrage.. REALLY? ./facepalm

only know that I cannot rep anymore
    Ranked 13th world-wide, Champion.

After a weekend of GW2 I can't for the life of me understand why ANYONE that plays LOTRO for PvP would stay, unless you enjoy facerolling, of course.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Its all useless anyway.

Unless this tiny interbred mongo type server is combined with some other server its all for naught any how!

You never wonder why its the same &&&&&& in OOC on 20 different toons?

Its because he/she has been produced from generations of interbred fanboys who will one day find out that jobs don't come from Rivendale or Mordor.

This game only knows how to bend you over repeatedly and pop 12 inches on you when you least expect it.
    Seanie

The amount of comms from PvMP will be increased at the cost of comms from PvE. And you people are complaining? I've been trying to figure out why in a 12 man raid it takes 30 minutes of good fighting for the same amount of commendations I can get for running over and poisoning/cleansing the hoardale... (5 minutes) The current system is completely anti-PvP. Doubling my comms from a kill = WIN for PvP.

And the days of STAB/EC fights are over. We'll be fighting all over the map for different control points so that we can get the extra mastery or comm bonus, or whatever else. Yes, right now the map is always red, but the reason I hear NOT to flip a keep is that the creeps will flip it again after just for the extra comms. Why bother? Well, the devs have solved the why bother part now haven't they? How many tower fights do we have that the goal is to just farm the defenders and that turns into the defenders saying screw it, we'll flip it back later, more infamy/renown/comms that way. Now there will be a reason to defend it, and a backway in to defend it. Yeah, wargs will camp the other way as well, but now they have to defend multiple locations.

Quote Originally Posted by LegOverLass View Post
    Its all useless anyway.

Unless this tiny interbred mongo type server is combined with some other server its all for naught any how!

You never wonder why its the same &&&&&& in OOC on 20 different toons?

Its because he/she has been produced from generations of interbred fanboys who will one day find out that jobs don't come from Rivendale or Mordor.

This game only knows how to bend you over repeatedly and pop 12 inches on you when you least expect it.
    Leg!!! Come to GW2!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    The amount of comms from PvMP will be increased at the cost of comms from PvE. And you people are complaining? I've been trying to figure out why in a 12 man raid it takes 30 minutes of good fighting for the same amount of commendations I can get for running over and poisoning/cleansing the hoardale... (5 minutes) The current system is completely anti-PvP. Doubling my comms from a kill = WIN for PvP.

And the days of STAB/EC fights are over. We'll be fighting all over the map for different control points so that we can get the extra mastery or comm bonus, or whatever else. Yes, right now the map is always red, but the reason I hear NOT to flip a keep is that the creeps will flip it again after just for the extra comms. Why bother? Well, the devs have solved the why bother part now haven't they? How many tower fights do we have that the goal is to just farm the defenders and that turns into the defenders saying screw it, we'll flip it back later, more infamy/renown/comms that way. Now there will be a reason to defend it, and a backway in to defend it. Yeah, wargs will camp the other way as well, but now they have to defend multiple locations.
    You really think these changes will change the mentality of this server? STAB/EC has just been replaced by WTAB/EC and woe to any greenie without maps now that Lugz rez is 100m away from EC. You do know that comms for flip keeps are dailies, right? So not flipping a keep to deny Creeps comms is a flawed arguement, you only get comms from that keep once daily. I guarentee some Freeps will still listen to the fail Freep "leaders" on this server and map out as soon as a Creep raid enters the keep.

Doubling comms for kills sounds good on the surface, just sounds like more farming for the 2 boxers to me (some of them have posted in this thread already ), but you do realize that its a domination game now. Numbers rule, who has numbers? Creeps. It will be a red map 24/7, no playing nice by giving Freeps TR, not with red map give buffs to whoever is dominent. Gone are soling and small group play. You think its tough playing solo or in small groups now? Wait until these changes, it will be raid up or don't come out at all. You can't get comms on what you can't kill!

I forsee a game of whack-a-mole. CoP was just flipped, map to GG and flip is back, RoP just flipped!, flip it back! And as far as the Delving goes, my warg will be parked back at worms to deny Matron kills (only good part of these changes I see!). No more CM, I guess 1v1's will move back to the bowl....but I doubt anyone remembers where that is....

I seriously doubt I'll see much of this. PvP in GW2 is just that entertaining. Huge maps, no lag, balanced classes, freaking siege weapons!! PvPers in LOTRO have always wanted a Helmsdeep fight, its happening, but its in GW2!!
    Last edited by Gladgilrian; Jul 23 2012 at 11:18 AM.

The moors will be just fine, people will still come out and play.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000114f0c/01006/signature.png]Meliar[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by loojaks View Post
    The moors will be just fine, people will still come out and play.
    This is the prime example of lotro interbred fanboy that I spoke of. Your &&&& is so well used by now you cant even feel the 12 inches anymore!

These types of posts have been put up here in arguments for years while the moors gets worse daily and this is the prime example of why it does. The moors and most of the game is now played by .........................

Oh, Spidey. I remember the bowl, but I choose not to use it and usually take a dump on my neighbours yard. I dislike him that much

Say hello to your mammas for me when you mate with her, nimrodelians.
    Seanie

Quote Originally Posted by LegOverLass View Post
    Say hello to your mammas for me when you mate with her, nimrodelians.

I am worried about the boost in creep DPS. Sure, freep DPS is OP compared to creeps (in general terms) but the Moors is a numbers game. We have hard enough time as it is getting freeps out, if suddenly creep DPS = freep DPS then no freep will come out. It would be nice to tweak creep DPS a little and maybe reduce the size of freep crits but the diary made me think they are going to try and level the dps playing field.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000011cb81/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Wholaf: 85 Mins, Whohe: 75 Capt, Grishwho: R8 BA, Bashwho: R7 WL

Quote Originally Posted by WhoHe View Post
    I am worried about the boost in creep DPS. Sure, freep DPS is OP compared to creeps (in general terms) but the Moors is a numbers game. We have hard enough time as it is getting freeps out, if suddenly creep DPS = freep DPS then no freep will come out. It would be nice to tweak creep DPS a little and maybe reduce the size of freep crits but the diary made me think they are going to try and level the dps playing field.
    They should level the playing field though. It will be impossible to ever make it 100% even across all classes, but it should be closer than it is now. For the sake of 1v1, 2v2, small group combat and even large group combat. All of it benefits if the dps level and healing level and buffing level and cc level and whatnot are all consistantly fairly equal across the board.

You are right that it won't help fix the issue here where too many people just go to the side with the numbers, but eventually people will get tired of that and stop showing up and hopefully the numbers will even out at least for periods at a time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001b31e0/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast