We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

please no more improved skill for level75-85

Fresh ideas of skills would be nice
    Rk skills example: Rune of power restore/damage and fire AoE like priestess of flame
    Captain: A new icmr buff maybe? as tactic since we have icpr already and armour buffing/mitigation herald would be nice
    i only have these two classes which i got them high so please post suggestions for other class below.
    i dont think it would be too good to have more improved skills while the level cap is increased even after RoR

Tactical nuclear war arrow for hunters that tracks and one shots wargs in the Ettenmoors
    Freep Loben:Hunter:(R14)130 Izuru:RK:(R5)130 Masakana:LM:(R5)130 Umdlali:Mini:(R5)130 Inkosi:Champ:68 Ukaputeni:Cappy:(R0)55 Umsizi:Warden:49 Isela:Burg:(R6)130 Umlondolozi:Guard:31 Boscovar:Hobbit Mini 29 Dwani RK:21 Irno Burg:16
    Creep Eish:BA:R7 Silentpaw:Warg:R5 Inyanga:Def:R3 Umgomo:Reaver:R2 Mpara:WL:R2 Isicabucabu:Spider:R3

I agree, leveling used to be fun when you anticipated getting the new skills.

For me, not especially interested:

1) Where am I going to put another skill on my bars?

2) I do not use most of my skills because I can not remember what they do. Or where they are located on the bars. I can not freeze the game like I can Skyrim or Mass Effect.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I don't know, with my hunter, my main bar is full with my ranged skills and the melee skills are on another. All my bar are full, I had to unslot some travel skills that don't fit in anymore. So, I'm not sure about more skills, at least not attack skills, since I will be unable to put them easily accessible. So improve skill would do for me, for my hunter at least.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000019a3c6/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future!

Euch, my Lore-Master has enough trouble getting skills on his quickslot bars as it is. The thought of more skills is... not very enticing.

One I could deal with. More? Please no.

I think we have enough skills per class already we don't really need more. I find it hard to keep track of the ones my chars currently have. Heck half of them I've never used so I say no more new skills. Just improve the skills we currently have. No need to make the game any more complicated than it already is.

I would like to add my wish for no more new levels if there is no real character progression at all.
    In the current system, only the numbers get bigger, so where is the fun and sense of progression in that if my character doesnt learn anything new..

/unsigned

No more new skills, especially for Rune-keepers!

LESS skills would be nice for Rune-keepers, something like the Minstrel and Lore-master skill consolidations. Just don't take away anything I like or drop any of the FX!

Having skills build on each other more would be nice. E.g., a "shattered" bonus effect (damage AND FX) when using Epic Conclusion on a target that's got Writs of Cold on it.

Improved skills would be nice, especially if the improvement is a new affinity-based effect (and FX).

A better way to manage affinity for Rune-keepers would be nice.

More skill bars that you can define keyboard shortcuts on would be nice.

These things would be nice. More skills would be nasty. More skills would be naughty. My taskbars already runneth over and that's with BuffBars and TonicBars installed!
    Last edited by banhorn; Jul 20 2012 at 09:09 AM.

New passive skills I'd approve of, other than that I agree with the others here...

Mind, I've no idea what kind of passive skills we could get.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post

2) I do not use most of my skills because I can not remember what they do. Or where they are located on the bars. I can not freeze the game like I can Skyrim or Mass Effect.
    I wouldn't mind getting new skills.

Sure skill bars are full ... thats why I use the Baruk plugin. This plugin allowed me to create more bars, nowadays I got collapsible bars for emotes/travels/mounts/pots/jewels/equip. Taking the skills off the usual (main) skill bars and into separate baruk bars, allowed me to unclutter my main bar and keep it sorted for my needs.
    You become a champion by fighting one more round.
    When things are tough, you fight one more round.
    James J. Corbett

QFT ^^^

I dont need new skills may be just one per new levelcap. But many old rarely used skills can be upgraded.

Although I can see the OPs point of wanting something new I can also see the other side of too many skills and not enough real estate on the bars to effectively utilize them as well as skills that no longer get used. here is my proposal; not sure if it can be done but it is an idea.

Linked skills that will give a totally different outcome than a stand-alone skill would produce. Yes skills are already linked in a fashion in that one skill is a gate to the next skill but as an example let us say my Guardian leads with a shield smash. If I have shield smash linked to an uppercut those two skills would combine and the effect would be to knock my opponent backwards. Reversing the linkage where the uppercut preceeds the shield smash would provide a different end result such as a stun effect. On a hunter a Blood Arrow followed by a Penetrating Shot would slow the enemy down whereas by placing the penetrating shot first the outcome could be something like a bleed.

These are just very crude examples but the linkage variations would be up to the player to decide in much the same way as traits are currently set up. You would visit your trainer, open an interface listing your skills, and link skills together in pairs. If you elect not to link certain skills they would function normally on your bar. If linked than the outcome would be dependant on which of the two skills was clicked. Level gains would be granted with the ability to link more sets so as an example level 76 you may be able to link one set, level 78, two sets and so forth. The original skills would no longer function as a standalone skill if linked but the number of combinations that could be available would allow everyone the chance to make their character unique from any other character depending on the link sets they choose.

Now this idea was just off the top of my head and is very crude. I am not sure if it is possible with the game engine but it is a way of keeping everyone happy if it is possible.
    [I]If you compare yourself with others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.[/I]
    <Max Ehrmann~ Desiderata>

I remember finding out that I had more bars I could make visible. I added one and though, "perfect, now I have room for all my skills." Aaaaand then I filled up all of that bar too. Too many skills as it is. Maybe they could consolidate a few? Idk.

I'm guessing most of the skills we acquire on our way to 85 will be horse skills anyways.

I think that we have way too many skills as it is, so I am opposed to raising the total beyond what it already is.

/signed

I would LOVE to see more skills for all of my toons/classes.

I understand where people are coming from, saying that they don't have enough room to fit more skills. I have the same issue.
    However, I would like the ability to have a bigger pool of skills to choose from.

Like...if there were new skills added, I may have to make a decision on what skills to drop from my quickslots in order to add the new skill. Or...I may decide I don't like the new skill as much as I like my old ones, so I wouldn't add the new one at all.

Having more options just allows me to explore different play styles & see what works for me. There is nothing that says you HAVE to have all skills quick-slotted.

more skills if:

1 you buy me a HD monitor as what I have fills my screen currently
    2 add more hotbars after 1

Quote Originally Posted by Wernwulf View Post
    Sure skill bars are full ... thats why I use the Baruk plugin. This plugin allowed me to create more bars, nowadays I got collapsible bars for emotes/travels/mounts/pots/jewels/equip. Taking the skills off the usual (main) skill bars and into separate baruk bars, allowed me to unclutter my main bar and keep it sorted for my needs.
    This plugin is not going to help me. All you have done is complicate my game play. I can not find everything I need now. The little Bunny brain overloads somewhere around 9 choices.

Anything over one bar of skills is not available for instant use. Skills like Desperate Flight are on a secondary bar. I got to stop controlling my character for a few seconds while I fumble around trying to find and activate this skill. Or spend a few seconds loading the bar location into temporary overflow Bunny memory so I can activate Desperate Flight in a hurry. The Bunny only has one internal overflow slot.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I think most skills in the 76-85 range will be related to mounted combat. Otherwise I'd also rather see existing skills upgraded than have new ones added.

Quote Originally Posted by banhorn View Post
    /unsigned

No more new skills, especially for Rune-keepers!
    +1

The Runekeeper class above all others ( in this game ) is already suffering from a severe case of ability bloat. New stuff would be fine if and only if what we have now is condensed down and the fat cut first. With some wiggling you could probably slash about a third of the current skills without losing any of the class' complexity.
    Proud Ale Association member

Heck no, I don't have room for all that. ICMR buff would have to be more than +1k ICMR to be worth anything too.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Skills/skill bars are the least of my worry, i am waiting to see the horrors of tier 8 crafting and how useless it will probably be.

This plugin is not going to help me. All you have done is complicate my game play. I can not find everything I need now. The little Bunny brain overloads somewhere around 9 choices.

Anything over one bar of skills is not available for instant use. Skills like Desperate Flight are on a secondary bar. I got to stop controlling my character for a few seconds while I fumble around trying to find and activate this skill. Or spend a few seconds loading the bar location into temporary overflow Bunny memory so I can activate Desperate Flight in a hurry. The Bunny only has one internal overflow slot.
    on chars except warden I like to use kragenbars.

It adds several grouped skill boxes (which somewhat lie over your regular skill bars though), arranged by focus builder, induction shots, focus shots, utility etc.

here is a sample screenie of my champ, the icons above the regular skill bars are the ones from kragenbars.
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ragenBars.html

of course that doesn't help you with your problem, if the sheer number is too much to handle fast enough.
    For me it also is difficult when it comes to triggering rarely used skills, but usually i try to put some thought on the placement, and after some time i have it by heart (for example, combat skills are on the left, morale and power stuff to the right, utility/rarely used skills in the middle)
    Last edited by Rapunzel666; Jul 20 2012 at 10:49 AM.

Interesting this topic came up, as I was thinking the same thing: WHERE would I put another skill? I'd have to get one of the Lua QS Plugins to put it on.

I would like to see LESS skills actually by combining "similar" skills and adjusting their effects. WB/T did something similar with Warding Circles for LMs a while back. The combined 3 into 1 and kept the trait requirements for adjusting the damage types.

We could combine WF and BE for an Improved BWF getting more while opening a slot.

I'm sure that other classes have some skills that could be "merged" too.

Some while back a poster had a screenie of something but what I noticed was the layout of his UI. He must have had a load of plugins to handle his UI. There were QS strewn all over the screen. There were pots timers, and dps info and special effects marking raid members and himself. I don't think this guy would even have space on the SCREEN to put another skill even if he could build another Lua QS to hold it.

Rather than a skill I'd rather have a flashy effect on the pots that will remove a debuff. If you get a posion debuff, a flash will happen on a posion pot if you have it on a QS or in an open bag (I carry my pots in a bag and open it during a fight ... because I dont have room on my QS for them ).

Flashing a pot-type would be so much more useful out on the Ettenmoors where I still cannot find the right pot to remove a debuff or know if it will even be effective. Only the purple ones seem to do anything and its a rarity if I get it off in time before dieing anyway. Having the right kind flash would be much more helpful and way better than another skill.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Totally agree.

I am for more passive skills which further differentiate the classes though And Improved Skills are nice, especially if they consolidate one or more skills into one ...then it is worth giving us a new skill altogether, but a lot of players do not like using plugin's so ..have more than enough skills on bars as is :S

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast